Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anne Williams

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So last night I watched the 1st part of Anne.

I knew her story and that of the other Hillsborough family's but I just think she was remarkable.

It got me thinking about other parents who were just ordinary people That lost children in devastating and tragic circumstances and often unlawful.

So many parents that have lost their children in unlawful situations and have campaigned to make laws and changes so the rest of us can be more protected and I just thought it was worth mentioning a few that came to mind.

Tim Blackman

Paul and Diana Lamplugh

Sara Payne

Doreen Lawrance

Tanya and Nadim Ednan-Laperouse

Richard Taylor.

These people have particularly inspired me but I'm sure iv missed many.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"So last night I watched the 1st part of Anne.

I knew her story and that of the other Hillsborough family's but I just think she was remarkable.

It got me thinking about other parents who were just ordinary people That lost children in devastating and tragic circumstances and often unlawful.

So many parents that have lost their children in unlawful situations and have campaigned to make laws and changes so the rest of us can be more protected and I just thought it was worth mentioning a few that came to mind.

Tim Blackman

Paul and Diana Lamplugh

Sara Payne

Doreen Lawrance

Richard Taylor.

These people have particularly inspired me but I'm sure iv missed many. "

I sobbed watching it.

Just can’t imagine it.

Always close to my heart

over a year ago

"So last night I watched the 1st part of Anne.

Tim Blackman

Paul and Diana Lamplugh

Sara Payne

Doreen Lawrance

Richard Taylor.

These people have particularly inspired me but I'm sure iv missed many.

I sobbed watching it.

Just can’t imagine it.

Always close to my heart"

I can imagine.

Even though I've never even been to Liverpool I do feel very close to this too.

This happened on my 6th birthday and I remember seeing it as it happened on television but obviously at the time not understanding what I was seeing.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

One of my elder cousins was at the match but luckily was ok.

I remember mum telling me a lot about it, the graphic pictures on the front of newspapers, and then all the vile lies.

Annes story always got to me as Kevin murmured ‘mum’

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I saw that too …. A heartbreaking story.

Funnily enough, I went to a concert at the Heysel stadium in Brussels’s which co-incidentally suffered the same fate where Liverpool fans were involved

over a year ago

"I saw that too …. A heartbreaking story.

Funnily enough, I went to a concert at the Heysel stadium in Brussels’s which co-incidentally suffered the same fate where Liverpool fans were involved "

Yes I was reading about that yesterday.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Funnily enough, I went to a concert at the Heysel stadium in Brussels’s which co-incidentally suffered the same fate where Liverpool fans were involved "

Gross negligence of the police was found at Hillsborough. Police statements changed, cover ups, blaming the dead. Saying they pissed on police, on the dead, stole from the dead.

Saying no one could be alive after the 3.15 cut off.

Regardless of what team it was - these are families that have had to fight for 30 plus years against the verdict of accidental death.

over a year ago

Funnily enough, I went to a concert at the Heysel stadium in Brussels’s which co-incidentally suffered the same fate where Liverpool fans were involved

Gross negligence of the police was found at Hillsborough. Police statements changed, cover ups, blaming the dead. Saying they pissed on police, on the dead, stole from the dead.

Saying no one could be alive after the 3.15 cut off.

Regardless of what team it was - these are families that have had to fight for 30 plus years against the verdict of accidental death. "

Absolutely.

The Hillsborough law comes into affect next week, 30 years to long!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think what makes this tragedy worse is the warnings were not heeded with other tragedies before or since. Crowds surging is a frightening experience for any youngster. I first went to a football match in 1983 aged 7, my team scored 5 that day. I was both delighted and petrified at the same time. I remember my dad clinging onto me very tight, as the crowd surged to look and celebrated. The return of standing is baffling, as its still the problem of people being taller than others and to get a view you have to move.

over a year ago

Winnie Johnson always sticks in my head

Them cruel bastards let her go to her grave without ever giving her the closure and solace she so deserved

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"I think what makes this tragedy worse is the warnings were not heeded with other tragedies before or since. Crowds surging is a frightening experience for any youngster. I first went to a football match in 1983 aged 7, my team scored 5 that day. I was both delighted and petrified at the same time. I remember my dad clinging onto me very tight, as the crowd surged to look and celebrated. The return of standing is baffling, as its still the problem of people being taller than others and to get a view you have to move. "

They are different to what many image. They are rail seats where it is basically a half seat stool with a rail behind to stop people moving forward. So you perch rather than sit and that makes them standing. Unlike a pen, where people could move around at will, they are still sold a seat. Simplified the old pens didn't have a controlled number in, just closed whe it was filled. Current standing rules are to designed rail seating plan.

By *illybeachboyMan
over a year ago

Guernsey

I think it's still to recent to be turned into 'entertainment' ITV seems to have a penchant for dramatising recent tragedies - I never watch as I feel it's disrespectful to the families/dead.

over a year ago

All the parents of the 96 for what the good of the day put those people through politicians should be ashamed of themselves

over a year ago

"

I think it's still to recent to be turned into 'entertainment' ITV seems to have a penchant for dramatising recent tragedies - I never watch as I feel it's disrespectful to the families/dead."

The Hillsborough film and this series have been done with the consent and cooperation of the families and actually they want their stories told.

over a year ago

"Winnie Johnson always sticks in my head

Them cruel bastards let her go to her grave without ever giving her the closure and solace she so deserved"

Yes definitely. X

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"

I think it's still to recent to be turned into 'entertainment' ITV seems to have a penchant for dramatising recent tragedies - I never watch as I feel it's disrespectful to the families/dead."

Anne’s daughter has watched the series and praised Maxine peaks performance.

I wouldn’t say it’s dramatising it, it’s trying to show the perspective of what she went through

over a year ago

I watched the second episode tonight.

It's just sad how hard they had to work to get anywhere!

By *reemyspiritawakenmysoulWoman
over a year ago

coventry

Very sad to watch but completely agree the cover up and lies the families had to put up with ,heart goes out to them r I p all 96

Maxine peaks performance very good

Post new Message to Thread