Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Not Finishing

Jump to newest

By *heVonMatterhorns OP   Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

You know how it goes, you get wound up, a little excited even, and then *poof*, it's all gone.

So what makes you decide to start writing a forum reply or thread opener and then never post it? Do you feel its not worth it or that nobody's interested? What do you think would have happened if you had posted what you didn't?

LvM

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

When I am writing it through the red mist of furiousness

The only result would be that I end up in trouble

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Sometimes I just know that someone is likely to be unpleasant in response but mostly I've stopped caring about the shaming and snideness. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood though.

If it's a debate, sometimes it's just not worth continuing because you're both have such hugely different viewpoints that even the middle as a long way off for each of you. Sometimes that can create an interesting conversation, sometimes people just get increasingly ruder and more patronising and that's when I call it quits.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not afraid to say what I think. Though provoking me isn't going to work... I'll laugh from the sidelines and keep my dignified silence

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Because I decide to do something productive/I don't have the energy.

Because I have an assisted wank and lose my neediness.

Because I don't want my thread to be pity bumped.

Because I don't have the energy to reply to every poster.

Because I've remembered that someone is having a difficult time and replying to their obvious projection and potentially embarrassing them is going to be a dick move.

Because I don't have the energy to deal with fallacy laden incoherent points/point out inconsistencies.

Because I'm trying to be a lot less sharp in words (believe it or not after my last point ). I don't need to weaponize my intelligence, I can put it to far better use that doesn't hurt others. And not appear a pretentious twunt in the process so that's a win.

General state of inertia. So many reasons. And the right thread.

over a year ago

It’s a great idea to write a message , leave it a while, delete it and write it again when you have calmed down and thought it through !

over a year ago

"Because I decide to do something productive/I don't have the energy.

Because I have an assisted wank and lose my neediness.

Because I don't want my thread to be pity bumped.

Because I don't have the energy to reply to every poster.

Because I've remembered that someone is having a difficult time and replying to their obvious projection and potentially embarrassing them is going to be a dick move.

Because I don't have the energy to deal with fallacy laden incoherent points/point out inconsistencies.

Because I'm trying to be a lot less sharp in words (believe it or not after my last point ). I don't need to weaponize my intelligence, I can put it to far better use that doesn't hurt others. And not appear a pretentious twunt in the process so that's a win.

General state of inertia. So many reasons. And the right thread.

"

Some of these and more.

I've had time to think about my reply and realised it's wrong ..

Mr

over a year ago

I just post twaddle

over a year ago

Never do it I post what’s on my mind

over a year ago

Because there's popular forumites that will get replies and some don't

Because I've nothing interesting to post

Because I prefer to reply to others

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

Sometimes you type it out, preview it and it doesn't sound right, so you don't bother. X

over a year ago

If I start to write it, I will post it.

I avoid writing anything if I see someone more important than me in the thread (I know the relevant people that matter to forum users, we’re not that daft are we?) cynical? Maybe

I don’t delete much, and sadly I post on so many I know I sometimes forget to return toser if I had a reply, but those are normally quips or one liners that are there to make someone giggle.

*nearly never posted on this, because of my negativity to the question. sorry op.

over a year ago

"I just post twaddle "

this

..and a healthy dose of sobriety

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Sometimes I've not posted as what I'd written was too revealing.

Other times I've felt people would think worse of me if they read it.

And while I have started some threads I always feel anxious doing it as it's not nice to be ignored or attacked if others disagree with what I want to say. Which is why I tend to only start and post in non-contentious topics.

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

I was going to post about apathy but

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

It just depends on my mood. I prefer posting than starting threads. Just how I am, more of a background artiste than the star performer (as it were).

Lately I’ve been searching forum threads on menopause etc for advice/supplement suggestions etc., so I’d like to thank those that started those threads and those that contributed as it’s been useful and comforting to know others are going/have gone through the same thing.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I see some forum drafts as ‘letters that don’t get delivered’. It serves the purpose of getting the gut reaction out in the heat of the moment, clear the head, etc.

Other times I just think what is the point, you can take a camel to the water but you can’t make it drink as blinkered / blind to other points of view.

Or simply it will be read as they wish, assumptions, and not what is actually written

Now should I post or delete this

over a year ago

Sometimes I'll start writing a thread opener, then by the time I come to post it I realise it will make me look nuts or weird so I don't bother - I had one yesterday about FFM amazon position that I wish I'd worded better or more to the point just not bothered posting! Generally my replies are well considered so I will post if I start to reply, though there has been a few howlers I would like to forget.

over a year ago

I do this from time to time

It's normally either that I realise I'm responding to somebody who will ignore whatever I say (admittedly that's most people) or it's the complete opposite and somebody I'll end up playing comment tennis with all night and I can't be bothered.

The unsent responses can be quite cathartic though.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I usually start waffling and lose track of my point, so I delete.

I'm also lazy and can't be arsed to write more than a couple of paragraphs.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Sometimes I can't believe that intelligent people are really that naive or blinkered and they can't see it even when it's screaming at them and I start to type.

Then I remember no-one paid any heed the last time and I was pissing into the wind and it will be more satisfactory to say I told you so when they are shocked and stunned.

Other times I just can't be arsed.

over a year ago

I am amazed that nobody

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

Sometimes I write something in response to a comment or comments and don't post it. Why? Because posting an angry response just isn't worth it and can just make things worse, so what's the point.

over a year ago

Because I know that people really aren't interested in me being their naked maid and I don't think you're allowed to advertise services on here for money?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Certain people on here are protected members and there’s no point talking to them unless you agree or your praising them

Sometimes I forget

over a year ago

"Because I know that people really aren't interested in me being their naked maid and I don't think you're allowed to advertise services on here for money?"

Do you sweep chimneys?

over a year ago

"Certain people on here are protected members and there’s no point talking to them unless you agree or your praising them

Sometimes I forget "

Never forget the power of the cronie crew. One disagrees with you and the rest jump on

over a year ago

Hmmm I realise that some people love the drama and an argument. Others are deliberately obtuse.

Others are entrenched in their view, unwilling to use their brains /reason or see other POV

Other times i don't have the energy or resilience for the negativity /stupidness.. Esp when i know its not going to achieve anything... So i just backspace +call it quits

over a year ago

Sometimes I read posts that irritate me because they are judging people without understand the person themselves. I write replies and then delete them because often you end up in firing line yourself. Like many say, if you don't like what you see or read then you can have a calm opinion but if it's a full on rant/insult then it's best just to ignore it

over a year ago

"Hmmm I realise that some people love the drama and an argument."

I disagree with this.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Certain people on here are protected members and there’s no point talking to them unless you agree or your praising them

Sometimes I forget "

Protected like Prince Andrew in a preteen chat room?

over a year ago

Sometimes I forget "

I’ve seen some protected members in their cock cages

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Sometimes I forget

I’ve seen some protected members in their cock cages"

over a year ago

"…..

Other times i don't have the energy or resilience for the negativity /stupidness.. Esp when i know its not going to achieve anything... So i just backspace +call it quits "

Back space?? do you log in through your Amstrad word processor?

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

They're not gonna change their mind so why even try.

Or sometimes I think that's a bit harsh, I'll get a ban for that, I'll keep it in my mind.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/01/22 18:29:51]

over a year ago

I usually delete if I know it's going to be a complete waste of time. I think there are people on here and just in general day to day life who wouldn't ever open their mind to any other point of view.

And what Magneto said, sometimes I think I could get a ban so I don't risk it because I'm not a chocolate biscuit.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"You know how it goes, you get wound up, a little excited even, and then *poof*, it's all gone.

So what makes you decide to start writing a forum reply or thread opener and then never post it? Do you feel its not worth it or that nobody's interested? What do you think would have happened if you had posted what you didn't?

LvM "

I often use the back button to avoid "holidays".

Winston

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

I accidentally cause the screen to refresh by dragging downwards and CBA retyping the whole thing out all over again.

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"

Back space?? do you log in through your Amstrad word processor? "

And what, pray tell is wrong with Amstrad word processors? The CP/M OS is state of the art! And those 3" discs

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Quite often I'll start to write something and then realise I just don't have the energy to deal with any engagement it generates.

The other one is when I see people repeated a blatant falsehood I debunked earlier in the thread, start to correct them, and then think "No, I'm not getting paid for this. Let them embarrass themselves."

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Sometimes I start writing and then just lose the will. What's the point?

That's when I know it's time for a break.

Post new Message to Thread