Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Loneliness and depression

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it wrong to feel lonely and depressed even when generally surrounded by family?

I realised over the Christmas holidays that I was missing something in my life and that's a real true friend, someone to chat and confide in. All the people I know outside my family are work colleagues, don't seem to have any close friends, my ex saw to that

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is it wrong to feel lonely and depressed even when generally surrounded by family?

I realised over the Christmas holidays that I was missing something in my life and that's a real true friend, someone to chat and confide in. All the people I know outside my family are work colleagues, don't seem to have any close friends, my ex saw to that

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love. "

They do say thats the worse kind of lonely. Life hacks on radio was good tonight - about changing things and realistic goals xx

hope you find somethings to help you feel better soon xx

over a year ago

"Is it wrong to feel lonely and depressed even when generally surrounded by family?

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love. "

I was goin to send you a cheering up kind of message but you have blocked men from messaging you. So on here will have to do I guess. And it's not wrong to feel the way you feel . It's life and it can be a lonely place especially if your family and friends aren't pickin up on your depression cos sometimes we hide it well. Sometimes we protect the 1s nearest to us or we don't want to burden them or make them feel bad. We don't all have supportive family and friends. Iv no friends wot so ever cos I ditched them. Id rather have no friends than false friends . You need to love yourself sometimes firstly and try and figure out wots makin you feel the way you feel. There's always a trigger

over a year ago

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love. I was goin to send you a cheering up kind of message but you have blocked men from messaging you. So on here will have to do I guess. And it's not wrong to feel the way you feel . It's life and it can be a lonely place especially if your family and friends aren't pickin up on your depression cos sometimes we hide it well. Sometimes we protect the 1s nearest to us or we don't want to burden them or make them feel bad. We don't all have supportive family and friends. Iv no friends wot so ever cos I ditched them. Id rather have no friends than false friends . You need to love yourself sometimes firstly and try and figure out wots makin you feel the way you feel. There's always a trigger "

Thank you, also thanks for pointing out I had blocked single males, now removed that block.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

If you feel lonely and depressed then make a concious effort to resolve those problems. If you don't have any true friends then make an effort to develop friendships. I don't think developing friendships with only the opposite sex on a swingers site is going to realistically achieve the goal of finding a true friend.

Make an effort to meet people in a platonic environment and let a friendship develop naturally. It will be more sustainable in the long term.

over a year ago

It does become harder to make new friends as we get older. The meetup app is quite good for joining a community of people and making friends.

By *ed velvet thornWoman
over a year ago

over the rainbow

In Exactly the same boat no real friends

By *ed velvet thornWoman
over a year ago

over the rainbow

[Removed by poster at 02/01/22 21:24:42]

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Know how you feel, luckily I’m a bit of a loner so it’s not as much of an issue for me.

My only advice is every group or club I’ve ever joined and I’ve joined quite a few, are always desperate for new members. So whatever you enjoy it’ll have some sort of following and others into the same thing, have a look online.

You’re not alone and I agree sometimes the loneliest place is a crowded room.

over a year ago

"If you feel lonely and depressed then make a concious effort to resolve those problems. If you don't have any true friends then make an effort to develop friendships. I don't think developing friendships with only the opposite sex on a swingers site is going to realistically achieve the goal of finding a true friend. Not that easy when your stuck in a rutt and everything is dark. You need someone to Gee you up sometimes and just be there to listen or have a vent at . Every situation is diffrent cos every person is diffrent ..its hard

Make an effort to meet people in a platonic environment and let a friendship develop naturally. It will be more sustainable in the long term. "

over a year ago

"It does become harder to make new friends as we get older. The meetup app is quite good for joining a community of people and making friends. "
should start a thread based on lonely people in diffrent counties . Maybe we could all help each other out

over a year ago

"If you feel lonely and depressed then make a concious effort to resolve those problems. If you don't have any true friends then make an effort to develop friendships. I don't think developing friendships with only the opposite sex on a swingers site is going to realistically achieve the goal of finding a true friend.

Make an effort to meet people in a platonic environment and let a friendship develop naturally. It will be more sustainable in the long term. "

I never actually said I was using this site to find a friend, I'm not that shallow. It takes time to build up a friendship that you can confide in each other especially sharing feelings, guys aren't usually good at that. My post was just to highlight that even with family around you can still feel lonely, not in the sense you have no one just things you want to say but can't to family, work colleagues even some friends in case they give same responses as seen on these posts.

over a year ago

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love. I was goin to send you a cheering up kind of message but you have blocked men from messaging you. So on here will have to do I guess. And it's not wrong to feel the way you feel . It's life and it can be a lonely place especially if your family and friends aren't pickin up on your depression cos sometimes we hide it well. Sometimes we protect the 1s nearest to us or we don't want to burden them or make them feel bad. We don't all have supportive family and friends. Iv no friends wot so ever cos I ditched them. Id rather have no friends than false friends . You need to love yourself sometimes firstly and try and figure out wots makin you feel the way you feel. There's always a trigger "

well said !!

over a year ago

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love.

In Exactly the same boat no real friends "

find a hobby, join a local club, volunteer some where -

Hope you feel better soon

over a year ago

So if you want to to say hi and cheer this lonely guy up feel my inbox with love. I was goin to send you a cheering up kind of message but you have blocked men from messaging you. So on here will have to do I guess. And it's not wrong to feel the way you feel . It's life and it can be a lonely place especially if your family and friends aren't pickin up on your depression cos sometimes we hide it well. Sometimes we protect the 1s nearest to us or we don't want to burden them or make them feel bad. We don't all have supportive family and friends. Iv no friends wot so ever cos I ditched them. Id rather have no friends than false friends . You need to love yourself sometimes firstly and try and figure out wots makin you feel the way you feel. There's always a trigger

well said !!

"

thank you ??

over a year ago

I’m my own worst enemy for this I find myself not liking too much company or find a lot people irritate me but then at the same time I can feel really really lonely. Can’t win.

over a year ago

"If you feel lonely and depressed then make a concious effort to resolve those problems. If you don't have any true friends then make an effort to develop friendships. I don't think developing friendships with only the opposite sex on a swingers site is going to realistically achieve the goal of finding a true friend.

Make an effort to meet people in a platonic environment and let a friendship develop naturally. It will be more sustainable in the long term.

I never actually said I was using this site to find a friend, I'm not that shallow. It takes time to build up a friendship that you can confide in each other especially sharing feelings, guys aren't usually good at that. My post was just to highlight that even with family around you can still feel lonely, not in the sense you have no one just things you want to say but can't to family, work colleagues even some friends in case they give same responses as seen on these posts. "

Perhaps then, it might be worth talking to a professional? Just an idea.

over a year ago

"It does become harder to make new friends as we get older. The meetup app is quite good for joining a community of people and making friends. should start a thread based on lonely people in diffrent counties . Maybe we could all help each other out "

That's a good idea.

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

Sorry to hear this, I'm sure the lockdown has exacerbated this for a lot of people. We are having terrible problems with my teenage daughter so I understand how real the problem is. I agree about searching out solutions yourself but if it feels more serious than that then you really need to see a doctor. Whatever route you take believe in yourself, there are good friends out there, you just need to find them. Good luck and if you or anyone else on here just fancies a chat then feel free.

over a year ago

In Exactly the same boat no real friends "

same here it's hard begin to think something wrong with me as I don't tend to hold real friendships anymore kind of isolated myself

I live with my kids and partner but feel very lonely a lot of the time probably why I'm back here again

over a year ago

I too suffer with depression and can feel very lonely in amongst people. It's a horrible feeling so you're not alone OP x

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear this, I'm sure the lockdown has exacerbated this for a lot of people. We are having terrible problems with my teenage daughter so I understand how real the problem is. I agree about searching out solutions yourself but if it feels more serious than that then you really need to see a doctor. Whatever route you take believe in yourself, there are good friends out there, you just need to find them. Good luck and if you or anyone else on here just fancies a chat then feel free. "

sorry about your daughter - hopefully she knows your there for her come what may. all the best in getting her to a better place soon

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

Incoming message x

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

I’m in the same situation OP. I find it affects my relationship with my family because I’m not truly there because of the emptiness.

over a year ago

It’s not wrong to feel lonely or depressed - depression is a psychological way of telling you something else is wrong. Our biggest fault as modern humans is not listening to our psychological prompts and investigating the problem

over a year ago

"It does become harder to make new friends as we get older. The meetup app is quite good for joining a community of people and making friends. should start a thread based on lonely people in diffrent counties . Maybe we could all help each other out

That's a good idea. "

im full of good ideas ??

over a year ago

"I too suffer with depression and can feel very lonely in amongst people. It's a horrible feeling so you're not alone OP x"
its a horrible feeling isn't it? It makes me feel bad for old people on there own it must be so sad for them

By *hgoonthenMan
over a year ago

Smallwood

It can be very hard, and a lot don’t understand how you can be surrounded by people but still lonely as hell.

There is no easy answer to it, but, you have to talk, doesn’t matter to who, it can be here or in person, but when we stop talking we dwell and we get worse.

Keep talking my friend

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

"Sorry to hear this, I'm sure the lockdown has exacerbated this for a lot of people. We are having terrible problems with my teenage daughter so I understand how real the problem is. I agree about searching out solutions yourself but if it feels more serious than that then you really need to see a doctor. Whatever route you take believe in yourself, there are good friends out there, you just need to find them. Good luck and if you or anyone else on here just fancies a chat then feel free.

sorry about your daughter - hopefully she knows your there for her come what may. all the best in getting her to a better place soon"

Thank you!

over a year ago

I think you need to get out and meet real people and remember work friends can still be friends...good luck op x

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

I know how feel I have always felt from when I was a teen that I’d be out clubs etc and always feel the odd one out and lonely like don’t connect with people. Even when with people in relationships I sometimes felt that probably why people leave cos I always feel socially disconnected.

Since my break up last June I have realised have no real friends to speak to, have people work with who chat but even then I prefer own quiet space to private life invading.

Over Christmas my family wanted me over lots so I would t be alone and lonely as first time in 8 yrs k would be. It was nice they cared but I also found it exhausting having to put front on an not show how sad and lonely I was.

On social media I post stuff like happy new year got 0 likes or comments or other things and even my dad commented on this sayin no one seems to like you or talk to you any more.

Guess am my own worst enemy and no wonder people do t want me around.

Few days ago I posted how on a dating site a lady commented that someone as ugly as me could only get dates or sex if paid that was a knife through the heart I posted it on here as felt destroyed and received a few nice comments but again no chats.

I have spoken to people about this as was recently in counselling for ptsd after sexual assault and highlighted this issue and trust and said try small talking to people which is easier said than done.

So I understand how people feel lonely in crowd or groups and hope to speak if ppl want. Sorry that was long

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Same here.

I spent Christmas and NYE alone like I always do.

Then I was lying here in bed trying to remember the last thing I got invited to.

I honestly can't remember and I just burst into tears.

over a year ago

Good on you men for speaking out! Maybe there's a thread you guys could do!

It can be tough and we've both felt lonely and down even though we have each other. Yes it is sometimes hard to talk and open up, but it really does help just to have a bloody good rant!!

Keep on talking men, you've got this!!

J xx

Post new Message to Thread