FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

(trying) Not buying Chinese based products..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After seeing the environmental impact of us humans, and China not doing anything about it, I was looking to buy car tyres, not from China...

I found tyres made in the UK (hurrah... ) but!, where do they get the raw materials from?

So... Might just get the Turkish made ones I can get tomorrow (signed up to environmental thingy) which is handier for me rather than waiting another week.

Am I wasting time and effort messing about?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"After seeing the environmental impact of us humans, and China not doing anything about it, I was looking to buy car tyres, not from China...

I found tyres made in the UK (hurrah... ) but!, where do they get the raw materials from?

So... Might just get the Turkish made ones I can get tomorrow (signed up to environmental thingy) which is handier for me rather than waiting another week.

"

Although the are not closing coal power stations, they have had the large growth of renewable energy. They are certainly doing "something" but as is the way of China, they rarely do what other suggest.

Cal

over a year ago

"After seeing the environmental impact of us humans, and China not doing anything about it, I was looking to buy car tyres, not from China...

Although the are not closing coal power stations, they have had the large growth of renewable energy. They are certainly doing "something" but as is the way of China, they rarely do what other suggest.

Cal"

Yeah I read about that., personally I think the planet is doomed! Just feel I don't want to think I contributed to it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You say that about China but they're just as bad as America. Or any other country. Buy as close to home as possible. Make do instead of buying new. Don't heat your house so much.

Though the best way would be to get the biggest contributors to stop polluting. Many of these businesses are European and American. Compare to the average guy, they're so so much worse. Lobby them if you want to make a difference.

over a year ago

"You say that about China but they're just as bad as America. Or any other country. Buy as close to home as possible. Make do instead of buying new. Don't heat your house so much.

Though the best way would be to get the biggest contributors to stop polluting. Many of these businesses are European and American. Compare to the average guy, they're so so much worse. Lobby them if you want to make a difference. "

I'd thought of buying the UK made tyres, but where do they get the raw materials from? If China or America then defeats the purpose?

Post new Message to Thread