Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Crafty fabbers

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Who's a bit crafty? What is your craft of choice?

I quite like making thing with wool so knitting and crochet. I've got a few projects on the go which I'm going to pick up again this year in the hope of getting me off my phone a bit

These include a baby blanket (I think the original baby is about 6 years old now)

A crochet scarf

A funky bright pink hat

A cowl (just needs buttons)

I've also got a few new projects to get in with:

A kettle bell and dumbell for a baby

A temperature blanket for 2022.

I am going to dip my toe in electric wire neon light type signs as well after seeing it on kitty's homemade Christmas.

What are you lot working on?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That sounds interesting especially the neon sign. What's a temperature blanket?

I love crochet, embroidery, painting, sewing, furniture restoration and I'm trying my hand at origami. I used to do a lot of calligraphy but I've got arthritis in my thumb and it makes it difficult.

Last year I completed a complicated crochet throw and a cat blanket, some Christmas embroidery and some small projects. At the moment I'm working on an embroidery of vintage costumes that I've seen in a Spanish magazine from the 90s. I have a bureau and two small cabinets to renovate but that will have to wait until spring and warmer dryer weather.

over a year ago

evesham

A temperature blanket is where you assign colours to temperature ranges and knit/crochet a line a day with the corresponding colour. They look really pretty.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I know someone that happened to built a shed pre lockdown with an idea to make space for tools and tinker around. Next thing she's converted it into a leather shop and now makes handbags, totes, belts keyfobs etc. She does other fabrics and sells on etsy I think

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Arty, not crafty..comic book art, when I can be bothered... really gonna have to get on top of that this year...

over a year ago

I buy stuff and make new stuff out of it. I have about 70+ and should probably sell them but can't get the motivation and I'd probably feel crap if no-one liked them. So I've gifted about 40 to charity shops.

I enjoy picking out the bits and making them.

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I would like to paint skateboards. I have done this already as a project. It just needs a protective clear matt/gloss coat applying to it.

Can't use the shed as it's got too much stuff in it & needs a good clean out in the summer! Too cold at the moment to spray outside too.

I also have a book By Cort Bengtson who is a tattooist & has done several Polynesian boards & poster designs. It's very good for inspiration! He's given me a few ideas...

over a year ago

Cross stitch. It's really relaxing for me (as long as I have a pencil, eraser and scissors!)

over a year ago

I'm felting a cat 'bauble /ornament'.. It's really cute!

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

I'm a knitter, seamstress, crochet and spinner.

Last year I made scrubs and masks. Then knitted baby hats and jumpers also for charity. Latter part of year, I knitted socks, hats and mittens for Christmas. Currently spinning sheep fleece on my spinning wheel. Not sure what it will be when it grows up.

By *adtaffladMan
over a year ago

Rhyl

I make model scenes often for model shows

over a year ago

I build and airbrush paint large model planes.

over a year ago

I like doing model aircraft. I think k I get it off my dad as he used to do them and I started doin them when I'm bored. Iv got a shed full now

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

I build and paint Warhammer figures and terrain pieces… I also play the associated game but far more if my time is spent on the more creative side of the hobby

over a year ago

I love art and craft! From drawing to painting and some upcycling…

Currently looking into using soft pastels as a medium

over a year ago

I'm not crafty in the least but I braved it and bought an old piece of furniture and painted it.

Looks great, I'm pretty proud of myself for seeing past it's shabby old look and giving it a go

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

I’m always up to something or helping others with their craftiness.

Having a 3d printer and CAD skills helps.

Currently making some head fins for my next shoot. The model will be a water demon.

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

"I build and paint Warhammer figures and terrain pieces… I also play the associated game but far more if my time is spent on the more creative side of the hobby"

Have you tried moving into dioramas?

Epic scenes frozen in time.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I paint or sand and wax bits of furniture, but that's more because I'm too tight to buy new.

But I enjoy tapestry in the main. But do cross stitch as well. And well anything I do can do with the kids.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I need to get back into my crochet! I’ve made blankets, flowers, amigurumi doll etc

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

Scale Model aircraft, tanks and figures plus a few trucks and jeeps.

By *panking masterMan
over a year ago

Washington

"Who's a bit crafty? What is your craft of choice?

I quite like making thing with wool so knitting and crochet. I've got a few projects on the go which I'm going to pick up again this year in the hope of getting me off my phone a bit

These include a baby blanket (I think the original baby is about 6 years old now)

A crochet scarf

A funky bright pink hat

A cowl (just needs buttons)

I've also got a few new projects to get in with:

A kettle bell and dumbell for a baby

A temperature blanket for 2022.

I am going to dip my toe in electric wire neon light type signs as well after seeing it on kitty's homemade Christmas.

What are you lot working on? "

i would love to try wood turning and stain glass picture making,,but need a shed and only live in an upstairs flat

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I build and paint Warhammer figures and terrain pieces… I also play the associated game but far more if my time is spent on the more creative side of the hobby

Have you tried moving into dioramas?

Epic scenes frozen in time. "

I’m still building my skill set at the moment, but will be moving in that area in the future

over a year ago

I am just now trying to teach my girls knit and crochet. Im not the best teacher, I can only do one stitch and straight lines. Hopefully if they pick it up quickly they can teach me to go round corners. I like doing things with twigs and flowers so flower arranging I guess, dried/pressed flowers, wreath making that sort of thing.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

My mum is a needlework masterclass lol she can make anything out of nothing and the proceeds go to a charitable cause

I’ve had a go at all sorts: card making, needlecraft, paper crafts, I can’t knit because my mum is left handed so I couldn’t get to grips with it.

I like fiddling with interior design stuff…

By *urvyKattWoman
over a year ago

Dumfriesshire

Knitting, cross stitch, used to make cards but it took me ages to make one so stopped although I still have all the stuff for it. I have a sewing machine but it terrifies me

By *ik1972Couple
over a year ago

Barnsley

Cross stitch. Want to learn to crochet and needlefelt in 2022

By *entative_steps7781Couple
over a year ago

Home

I mess about with beads and bit of wire; making jewellery when I feel the mood hit.

I also bullet journal with includes lots of doodles and trying to be organised, while still being creative.

MJ x

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Allways upcycling things in the garden ! Made 3 new water features last summer out of old things x

over a year ago

"Knitting, cross stitch, used to make cards but it took me ages to make one so stopped although I still have all the stuff for it. I have a sewing machine but it terrifies me "

I have a scary sewing machine too. Not yet worked it out

over a year ago

evesham

"Knitting, cross stitch, used to make cards but it took me ages to make one so stopped although I still have all the stuff for it. I have a sewing machine but it terrifies me "

I've got 2 old singer sewing machines lol I'd love to make my own clothes.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"Cross stitch. Want to learn to crochet and needlefelt in 2022"

I learned to crochet with you tube videos

over a year ago

Baking.

I can bake. I make a mea. Devils food cake and millionaire's shortbread.

If it counts

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Baking.

I can bake. I make a mea. Devils food cake and millionaire's shortbread.

If it counts "

It definitely counts… mmmmm

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I’m a bit crafty

over a year ago

Only 6 years for a baby blanket? I finished 2 in the first lockdown that had been languishing in a cupboard for about 10. So glad I finished them as the recipients loved them for their new borns.

This year, I'll finish the remaining 2 that are in progress (may be), dust off my mediocre royal icing skills, create new fillings for chocolates x

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Colouring books, I photo the before and after and post on Facebook, I was a graphic Artist when I left school so absolutely love intricate, detailed drawings.

Apart from that, I just love hiking n climbing and spend many hours in my free time doing that too xxxxxx Suzi

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I buy stuff and make new stuff out of it. I have about 70+ and should probably sell them but can't get the motivation and I'd probably feel crap if no-one liked them. So I've gifted about 40 to charity shops.

I enjoy picking out the bits and making them. "

Shame you do not live in the South of the country where you can get silly money for re-purposed items judging by the "Money for Nothing T.V. show.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

This of the skills talent on here. Someone could be making the linen, posting it to someone to cut and seam up, posting it to someone to embroider, on to someone to patchwork. Or you could all just meet up and 'freely exchange ideas'.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Cake making,

Tomorrow it will be a Carrot cake and a Coffee & Walnut cake with Lemon & Lime Drizzle cakes on Tuesday.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/01/22 17:34:48]

over a year ago

"I buy stuff and make new stuff out of it. I have about 70+ and should probably sell them but can't get the motivation and I'd probably feel crap if no-one liked them. So I've gifted about 40 to charity shops.

I enjoy picking out the bits and making them.

Shame you do not live in the South of the country where you can get silly money for re-purposed items judging by the "Money for Nothing T.V. show.

"

Love that show! It's mad the money they get for some items. All from the skip.

By *ravelling TogMan
over a year ago

Sleaford

I do a lot of 3D printing from small models to full cosplays.

I also do leather work making various bits (again normally for cosplay)

Can't beat a bit of craftwork

By *lex199169Man
over a year ago

tamworth

Then this my friends would make me a crafty bugger

By *ady7Woman
over a year ago

Hereford

I love the idea of a temperature blanket , saw it on facebook I can crochet , I make cards , and print tshirts etc.

over a year ago

Origami flower arrangements are my speciality and what I sell on fb but I will give anything crafty a go, my craft equipment is getting out of hand I enjoy patchworking baking, woodburning, jewellery making and making pics out of natural objects.

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

I am terrible at crochet/knitting etc though when I moved into my current flat there was an old singer sewing machine that I was hoping to learn to use but 7 years later I still haven't properly looked at it

I enjoy making cards though to send to people...they usually end up looking like a 7 year old has made them but hey, at least the sentiment is there

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I'm following in the footsteps of my dad, who was a master Baker by trade, over the last year I have been honing my skills and am now pretty proficient at breads, cakes and pastries, just need to work on a bit of sugar work and decoration

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

I'm into EPP (English Paper Piercing) at the moment...just started a new project making myself a ragged quilt.I'm also making a POM POM rug. A bit different to one of my favourite pastimes of swinging I know but a great way to sit still and relax!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 03/01/22 16:03:19]

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

A lot less since the pandemic but latex clothing

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

I sew, and have a go at almost anything. Baby quilts, memory bears, dolls clothes, clothes for me. And a lot of other things. I've just acquired an embroidery machine and an overlocker. Hubby thinks I have too many machines but I'm sure those two along with my 3 sewing machines aren't too many

over a year ago

"I sew, and have a go at almost anything. Baby quilts, memory bears, dolls clothes, clothes for me. And a lot of other things. I've just acquired an embroidery machine and an overlocker. Hubby thinks I have too many machines but I'm sure those two along with my 3 sewing machines aren't too many "

Go on the Sewing Bee!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I bake bread and cook. I would love to be able to make silvery jewellery and keep thinking about it ,but crafts like that take years of hard work to master. Wish I’d done it when young

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

"I sew, and have a go at almost anything. Baby quilts, memory bears, dolls clothes, clothes for me. And a lot of other things. I've just acquired an embroidery machine and an overlocker. Hubby thinks I have too many machines but I'm sure those two along with my 3 sewing machines aren't too many

Go on the Sewing Bee! "

I'm not that good or that quick

By *rfcMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"

I would love to try wood turning and stain glass picture making,,but need a shed and only live in an upstairs flat

"

Have you heard of "Men in Sheds"?

Brilliant organisation for many reasons, not least because a lot of the clubs actually have a workshop

until covid struck I was helping run one in Cardiff

I learnt to use a lathe and made many things favourite being pens!

Started with wood and acrylic blocks but then started exploring other mediums such as antler and even - after being challenged!!! - wine corks, YES you can turn corks and with a few tricks they actually make decent pen bodies!!!

Can't post pictures on forum unfortunately

But can give you website to hunt down any Sheds local to you:

https://menssheds.org.uk

Good luck, check before going as some Sheds are social only without a workshop as originally they are designed to help men who may be lonely or isolated

One near me only meets to chat and have a cupoa and a biscuit, whereas the one I use was open Mon to Fri before covid struck!!!

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm not very crafty but I make whips

over a year ago

I do 5d diamond painting, but have a few items I want to make as decorative pieces. Just finding the raw materials x

By *ettieAndIrvingMan
over a year ago

Derby

I paint, pinstripe, customise old bits of rusty metal, tools, oil drums etc... turned into quite a lucrative business.

You can see my stuff on insta

@murder_bus_customs

Drop by and say hello.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I'm not very crafty but I make whips "

That's an interesting craft to have

over a year ago

Hi everyone...Just had a quick and enjoyable read of this post. I too have an arty, crafty side and love creating, repurposing, upcycling things as we well as painting, drawing, pottery etc...Will hopefully be starting an evening class to learn how to mig weld at the end of January. As I keep telling myself and others, you're never too young or old to learn new things and new skills no matter what they are!lol...I think you should all give yourselves a big pat on the back and be proud of what you have achieved. By the sounds of what you've all written about and what you all enjoy doing, you're all very skilled, creative, knowledgeable and talented people!....Keep up the great work everyone!!????

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Not exactly crafting but I'm painting up some more Warhammer, trying to get through my backlog (which is huge).

I am toying with the idea of making various woodwork things this summer, planters and the like, and selling a few at the local market. More for fun and experience than anything else.

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I'm not very crafty but I make whips

That's an interesting craft to have "

It's just like braiding hair really!

By *osineCouple
over a year ago

Weston-Super-Mare

I make wool hair pieces and have been crafting for year!!!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I'm not very crafty but I make whips

That's an interesting craft to have

It's just like braiding hair really!"

I can braid hair, I should have a look into it

Post new Message to Thread