Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I’ve been pinged

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After avoiding self isolating with a negative test before Christmas. Went for a meal for my birthday and have now been traced as a contact. Joys! So 7 days isolation even though I’ve tested negative. Brilliant. Happy flipping new year hey.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s getting us all eventually. There’s no avoiding it.

over a year ago

"It’s getting us all eventually. There’s no avoiding it. "

Kinda wanna catch it now just to get it over with. Then can have natural immunity. Like the chicken pox I spose.

over a year ago

We’ll keep you entertained

By *irenGuy70Man
over a year ago

Cirencester

If you're double-jabbed then you don't need to isolate if you're pinged as a close contact. You can do lateral flow tests (or PCR for a more definite answer). If you're positive then you will need to.

over a year ago

"If you're double-jabbed then you don't need to isolate if you're pinged as a close contact. You can do lateral flow tests (or PCR for a more definite answer). If you're positive then you will need to."

I’m not jabbed. I have to isolate despite taking negative tests. I called 119 to check. Annoyingly.

Oh well such is life. At least I’m not positive I guess

over a year ago

"We’ll keep you entertained "

I bet x

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"If you're double-jabbed then you don't need to isolate if you're pinged as a close contact. You can do lateral flow tests (or PCR for a more definite answer). If you're positive then you will need to.

I’m not jabbed. I have to isolate despite taking negative tests. I called 119 to check. Annoyingly.

Oh well such is life. At least I’m not positive I guess "

Keep well, and keep your spirits up

over a year ago

Sorry to hear it.

Must admit I felt bad that I went to a restaurant as a celebration when school finished. The whole restaurant has probably been pinged because of us.

It's so easy done.

By *ond Jimmy BondMan
over a year ago

London

Oh no

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

I'm going stir crazy with my isolation 3rd Jan and I'm done but I'm testing daily as if you get 2 consecutive daily tests as negative you can end your isolation but mine are still coming back positive

over a year ago

"I'm going stir crazy with my isolation 3rd Jan and I'm done but I'm testing daily as if you get 2 consecutive daily tests as negative you can end your isolation but mine are still coming back positive "

I’m testing every other day just to be safe. Mine ends on the 7th. You’ve gotta get better we’ve got plans to make x

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No one here is even asking people to check in anymore. I've been out to eat and for drinks. Didn't think it was still a thing

over a year ago

"After avoiding self isolating with a negative test before Christmas. Went for a meal for my birthday and have now been traced as a contact. Joys! So 7 days isolation even though I’ve tested negative. Brilliant. Happy flipping new year hey.

"

I am having a crisis of conscience

My OH has tested positive on a lateral flow (no PCR's available locally today)

At the moment, I am caring for my elderly parents, one with a terminal condition and one with dementia

I have tested negative today, but we have been in close contact in the last week so the chances are I may be carrying it too

I simply cannot afford to isolate per se

I can stop visitors to my parents house, but they simply can't be left on their own

So, if I do test positive at some point I will have to isolate with them

It's a rock and a hard place situation of carrying on their care and risking them contracting covid or leaving them for 10 days, a time in which their health will deteriorate considerbly

over a year ago

I deleted that app asoon as i got my second jab. It was a absolute menace

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"If you're double-jabbed then you don't need to isolate if you're pinged as a close contact. You can do lateral flow tests (or PCR for a more definite answer). If you're positive then you will need to."

This is true

over a year ago

"No one here is even asking people to check in anymore. I've been out to eat and for drinks. Didn't think it was still a thing "

It’s not from the check in. It’s just done on Bluetooth via the app.

over a year ago

"After avoiding self isolating with a negative test before Christmas. Went for a meal for my birthday and have now been traced as a contact. Joys! So 7 days isolation even though I’ve tested negative. Brilliant. Happy flipping new year hey.

At the moment, I am caring for my elderly parents, one with a terminal condition and one with dementia

I have tested negative today, but we have been in close contact in the last week so the chances are I may be carrying it too

I can stop visitors to my parents house, but they simply can't be left on their own

It's a rock and a hard place situation of carrying on their care and risking them contracting covid or leaving them for 10 days, a time in which their health will deteriorate considerbly "

Similar ish situation here. My mums a carer for my gran and her sister who’s severely disabled. If I’m carrying it I have to stay in my room as if I pass it to her she could pass it to them. Just test every single day with LFT , I know they’re not as reliable as PCR but hey it’s better than nothing. If you can sleep away from partner that might be best too. It’s so hard isn’t it. X

By *LheadMan
over a year ago

Chester

"I'm going stir crazy with my isolation 3rd Jan and I'm done but I'm testing daily as if you get 2 consecutive daily tests as negative you can end your isolation but mine are still coming back positive "

It will come back positive for weeks to come if your PCR was positive so you deffo had Covid.

Once you out of isolation make sure you jabbed and don't test yourself again it's pointless. We need to live with this now like a cold.

over a year ago

"I deleted that app asoon as i got my second jab. It was a absolute menace "

I’ve done the same!!! My friend said she was being pinged weekly! I’ve given up. I’ve tested I’m fine. If track and trace Call I’m at home anyway so I’m not a massive risk.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"No one here is even asking people to check in anymore. I've been out to eat and for drinks. Didn't think it was still a thing "

I haven't seen anyone anywhere test n trace for ages but what does happen (happened at my work) is if there's a positive case from someone who's been at our restaurant then work gets emailed. If there's 5 positive cases in a day I think it is, we have to close. Loads of our chain are either open reduced hours or closed.

over a year ago

"I deleted that app asoon as i got my second jab. It was a absolute menace "

The app is massively flawed and the government was told that by their own IT/comms experts, but brought it in anyway for the sake of being seen to be doing something. I won't use it.

over a year ago

"No one here is even asking people to check in anymore. I've been out to eat and for drinks. Didn't think it was still a thing

It’s not from the check in. It’s just done on Bluetooth via the app. "

Why on earth would anyone continue to have that App?

The way it works is complete nonsense.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"No one here is even asking people to check in anymore. I've been out to eat and for drinks. Didn't think it was still a thing

Yep. I got pinged the same way from being at work when there was a positive case from one of our customers, one who I was serving.

over a year ago

I was sat in a restaurant for like an hour with lots of people. It’s gotta be either the waiting staff or the table next to us. I sanitised my hands etc. it says you have to have been in contact for 15 mins or more for it to “ping” you. So that’s the only contact I can think of. I’m literally fine though. Gonna just test a couple more times just incase. I just live with family who are covid paranoid and have to protect vulnerable family members which is understandable. Me on the other hand kinda wants it to be over with. Deleted the app now x

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

"

It's a rock and a hard place situation of carrying on their care and risking them contracting covid or leaving them for 10 days, a time in which their health will deteriorate considerbly "

That’s a really difficult situation. You might not catch it though, I know households where one person caught it and no one else did.

Just keep doing a daily lft, also even if you test positive it’s 7 days self-isolating now if you do negative lfts on days 6 and 7.

For your partners pcr test / keep logging on throughout the day tomorrow as they seem to trickle appointments at different times. You could always order a home test kit but I’ve heard the results take longer to come through at the moment.

Fingers crossed you remain negative.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I don't know anyone who still has the app! I certainly don't.

over a year ago

"

Ignore. Pretend you didn’t see it

over a year ago

It’s not from the check in. It’s just done on Bluetooth via the app.

I don't know anyone who still has the app! I certainly don't."

By *racy_JacksWoman
over a year ago

Derby

In this circumstance could you use emergency home care so that they are not left alone and there isn’t the risk of you passing it on to them? You would likely need to pay for this but I believe that it can be set up quite quickly

By *rben112Man
over a year ago

worcester

At least you didn’t fail a PCR on Christmas Eve, missing not only those festivities but new year too. Like me

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

This is why I just test myself instead of using a tracking app

By *andering Welsh GuyMan
over a year ago

All over the place

Had my PCR result today - confirmed the lateral flow - covid has me now lol

over a year ago

"At least you didn’t fail a PCR on Christmas Eve, missing not only those festivities but new year too. Like me "

Sorry that's happened.

unfortunately I got a positive LFT on the 23rd, Then had to wait 6 days for PCR result to be told negative! Missed Christmas for nothing.

over a year ago

"Had my PCR result today - confirmed the lateral flow - covid has me now lol "

Hope you feel OK.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

It’s all on the phone app now, happens automatically.

But the govt has given up and just wants us all to get it now. They’ve told firms to expect 1/4 staff off sick.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Sorry that's happened.

unfortunately I got a positive LFT on the 23rd, Then had to wait 6 days for PCR result to be told negative! Missed Christmas for nothing. "

Not for nothing, if you failed lateral flow you were infectious. PCR test must be a dud.

LFT much more likely to give a false negative than a false positive.

over a year ago

"Sorry that's happened.

unfortunately I got a positive LFT on the 23rd, Then had to wait 6 days for PCR result to be told negative! Missed Christmas for nothing.

Not for nothing, if you failed lateral flow you were infectious. PCR test must be a dud.

LFT much more likely to give a false negative than a false positive. "

Not according to 119.

I phoned to chase my results as I'd waited days. I asked if it was possible to get a false positive and they said yes. I was told they had recently had lots of people getting positive LFT but negative PCR and that didn't happen as much until they changed they tests. I had no symptoms whatsoever and partner stayed negative too so I'm going with what the test people told me.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Sorry that's happened.

Not according to 119.

I phoned to chase my results as I'd waited days. I asked if it was possible to get a false positive and they said yes. I was told they had recently had lots of people getting positive LFT but negative PCR and that didn't happen as much until they changed they tests. I had no symptoms whatsoever and partner stayed negative too so I'm going with what the test people told me. "

My brother is producing daily positive LFTs but two negative PCRs. His employer don't want him in with positive LFTs but don't want to pay him for isolation and you can't claim Govt COVID payment unless it's PCR positive! He's definitely been in contact with someone PCR positive (his wife). He's tested LFT positive on five occasions but as I said, PCR negative twice. Utterly confounded, I'll confess! By the time it all gets ironed out, he'll have done 10 days isolation with no wages

over a year ago

"Sorry that's happened.

Not according to 119.

I phoned to chase my results as I'd waited days. I asked if it was possible to get a false positive and they said yes. I was told they had recently had lots of people getting positive LFT but negative PCR and that didn't happen as much until they changed they tests. I had no symptoms whatsoever and partner stayed negative too so I'm going with what the test people told me.

My brother is producing daily positive LFTs but two negative PCRs. His employer don't want him in with positive LFTs but don't want to pay him for isolation and you can't claim Govt COVID payment unless it's PCR positive! He's definitely been in contact with someone PCR positive (his wife). He's tested LFT positive on five occasions but as I said, PCR negative twice. Utterly confounded, I'll confess! By the time it all gets ironed out, he'll have done 10 days isolation with no wages "

Iv heard similar from a few people.

This didn't seem to happen much till recently. It's a really different one because one PCR could be a dud, but two?

over a year ago

"Sorry that's happened.

Not according to 119.

My brother is producing daily positive LFTs but two negative PCRs. His employer don't want him in with positive LFTs but don't want to pay him for isolation and you can't claim Govt COVID payment unless it's PCR positive! He's definitely been in contact with someone PCR positive (his wife). He's tested LFT positive on five occasions but as I said, PCR negative twice. Utterly confounded, I'll confess! By the time it all gets ironed out, he'll have done 10 days isolation with no wages

Iv heard similar from a few people.

This didn't seem to happen much till recently. It's a really different one because one PCR could be a dud, but two?"

I will add that I was only testing positive on the LFTs that just require nasal swabs. We had some of the old ones too which where both nasal and throat swabs and I was negative on those but then testing positive on the nasal ones.

Post new Message to Thread