Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Delete a friend.

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Is there someone on your friends list who just doesn't bother anymore, you message them and they don't reply even though you seen they have been online numerous times. Should you remove them or just leave them there? X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I only have about 5 friends I can’t spare one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Remove them, they will probably see that you are no longer on their friends list and either, be bothered by it and so contact you, or not be bothered by it and not contact you. I’ve done that recently, we are now friends again

over a year ago

Literally just had this conversation about half an hour ago. On another note what if you added them as a friend but after a social didn't proceed because you weren't into them .... Is it bad etiquette to remove them from your friends list?

over a year ago

South Wales

"I only have about 5 friends I can’t spare one "

I only have 8 lol. X

over a year ago

I've considered this so as not to be tormented by their wazo pair of jugs

I couldn't do it though

over a year ago

South Wales

"Literally just had this conversation about half an hour ago. On another note what if you added them as a friend but after a social didn't proceed because you weren't into them .... Is it bad etiquette to remove them from your friends list? "

It's a dilemma for sure. X

over a year ago

I regularly delete my friends if we don't talk.

over a year ago

Just been through my friends list and removed any that have not been on line for a while or have not replied to any of my recent messages.

In other words I now have no friends ha ha.

over a year ago

I deleted a friend and now I can't see myself. Thanks a fucking lot

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Only have about 10 in my friends list and I really only talk regularly to one or two of those.

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

"I regularly delete my friends if we don't talk. "
I deleted some today. No conversation, no point.

I've also deleted "friends" after having a not so great social.

I'm pretty ruthless

over a year ago

Me too

My friend list only includes people I want to talk to and want to talk to me. No communication for a while and they are gone. Most of the time they don’t even notice

over a year ago

"I regularly delete my friends if we don't talk. I deleted some today. No conversation, no point.

I'm pretty ruthless "

You have to be on here!

over a year ago

"I regularly delete my friends if we don't talk.

Me too

My friend list only includes people I want to talk to and want to talk to me. No communication for a while and they are gone. Most of the time they don’t even notice "

Fyi I'd notice

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I regular prune my friends list and delete all those I haven't talked to for a while

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

"I regularly delete my friends if we don't talk. I deleted some today. No conversation, no point.

I'm pretty ruthless

You have to be on here!"

I also block them to be sure

haha

over a year ago

"I regular prune my friends list and delete all those I haven't talked to for a while"

Yep I do too

NBVN x

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I regularly unfriend folk. I don't have that many - only true friends that I chat to regularly, not just pics I like. I don't add easily, and if they don't engage, I delete.

over a year ago

I'm pretty ruthless

You have to be on here! I also block them to be sure

haha "

Ah I sometimes unfriend then make friends again weeks later. I can be ruthless but quite fickle so I don't block, just incase!

By *uminsiderMKMan
over a year ago

St Austell

I recently did this with someone who originally sent me a Friends invite shortly after we moved here over four years ago...

....apart from a couple of messages exchanged at the time, I've not had any contact with them since - I messaged them a few times when they were logged in at the same time as me, but they never replied...

....after yet another such message went unread and unanswered a few weeks ago, decided it was time to press 'delete'...

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

I’ve just had a look at my friends list. It seems a lot have deleted themselves by leaving the site. I think some others are just from forum ‘add a new friend’ games from years ago. I’d feel mean deleting anyone though.

over a year ago

"I only have about 5 friends I can’t spare one "

this

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We need to do this…there’s some we haven’t spoken to for quite a while so will serve our divorce papers if they don’t respond

K

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"We need to do this…there’s some we haven’t spoken to for quite a while so will serve our divorce papers if they don’t respond

K"

Thank goodness I messaged this morning

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I only have two friends on here and am in regular contact with both so I will certainly not be deleting either of them.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

"Remove them, they will probably see that you are no longer on their friends list and either, be bothered by it and so contact you, or not be bothered by it and not contact you. I’ve done that recently, we are now friends again "

Just did this with same results, apart from the we’re friends again bit lol. We met up a few days ago (2nd meet though 1st and 2nd meet were 2 years apart). I was completely ghosted after the meet, I pull them out of my friends list, hey presto I get a “Happy New Year” message.

I have no time for that shizz

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Fuck! I'd better start sending a few messages

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Literally just had this conversation about half an hour ago. On another note what if you added them as a friend but after a social didn't proceed because you weren't into them .... Is it bad etiquette to remove them from your friends list? "

I’ve often wondered … so I wait a while and if they don’t delete me first , I usually do after a couple of weeks

over a year ago

I don't add friends now until we've met and we want to meet again, I found most people I accepted in the beginning just wanted to perv, no conversation or plans to meet so I removed them. Problem solved

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"We need to do this…there’s some we haven’t spoken to for quite a while so will serve our divorce papers if they don’t respond

K

Thank goodness I messaged this morning "

Cookie…you’re a friend for life…whether you like it or not!

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

As all my friends are invariably people who I've met or at some time formed a strong connection with, I never delete any because, I do realise that people have a life outside of fab, and very often we just pick up where we left off.

over a year ago

I only have one, although I chat to others who we haven't bothered with the friend thing. It doesn't actually seem to mean a lot?

over a year ago

It's probably a good idea to prune a bit now and again, if there's no contact. I do see quite a few people who put this on their status update, I wonder if this is a plea to be contacted or a 'look at me' type post.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I only have people I've met and would meet again and chat to regularly on my friends list.

By *uietly_KinkyMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

The only people on my friends list are there for perving purposes, actual meets are never going to happen.

By *idnight_Express69Man
over a year ago

Rochdale

"Is there someone on your friends list who just doesn't bother anymore, you message them and they don't reply even though you seen they have been online numerous times. Should you remove them or just leave them there? X"

Yeah. I just end up deleting them and blocking them. If they can’t be arsed, I’m not going to waste my time

over a year ago

Yes I definitely need a clear out..

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I've done it recently.

By *ynda1978Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Liverpool

If I haven't spoken to someone for a while and they are online with no contact or return my message then yes I hit the delete button! If they can't make the effort why should I.

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Just block

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I've deleted a few over the past day or so.

over a year ago

Out with the old man, in with the new.

Clear the Cupboards of old clutter.

Give & surely make time,for those whom make time for you.

The most valuable thing is "time"

over a year ago

Why the hangups. People know when anything has run its course. Let people and things go!!

Holding onto in insecurities of oneself.

Fear of being alone!!

over a year ago

Now well!

Your a person out of me own very heart.

Make room for new selective fresh blood.

Onwards n upwards.

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

If we don't talk then we're not friends so I remove them.

Though I have done that forgetting that they are called something else on whatever app I talk to them on

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

It’s a small list but I do clear it out every couple of months, for various reasons

over a year ago

I'm pretty ruthless "

It's a merry go round. Give a FCUK...

numbers never end..

over a year ago

Just like in real life I DON'T have any friends

so no problems for me there

First world problems

over a year ago

"Is there someone on your friends list who just doesn't bother anymore, you message them and they don't reply even though you seen they have been online numerous times. Should you remove them or just leave them there? X"

Delete ! have a clear out for new year ! dont look back your not going that way

By *rofessor ElementalMan
over a year ago

Durham

I’ve only four friends in my friends list or my friends lust as auto correct has it.

over a year ago

"I recently did this with someone who originally sent me a Friends invite shortly after we moved here over four years ago...

....apart from a couple of messages exchanged at the time, I've not had any contact with them since - I messaged them a few times when they were logged in at the same time as me, but they never replied...

....after yet another such message went unread and unanswered a few weeks ago, decided it was time to press 'delete'..."

I sense. At that moment in time people feel that vibe with you. Then they add as a friend. And feel they have conquered you!

Then turn the corner. And onotjer shiny toy comes along they think will give them more than you. They then vampire n teeth into them. And it continues. It's all fictional friends.

How many exchange numbers?? Really chat and meet?

Most it's all a head fuck and game on the Internet.

All my meets n links have been before joining fab back in April 2021.

We all knew where we stood. In friendship,fwb,s,nsa relationships etc.

over a year ago

I prune regularly but there are some whom I don't chat to often but still value as friends and I think they feel the same.

over a year ago

Ive only got two

Talked to one, and the others a couple whom i message and see where it goes

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I have a little trim regularly, hair and friends list

over a year ago

South Wales

"I prune regularly but there are some whom I don't chat to often but still value as friends and I think they feel the same. "

Think I need to do a bit of pruning.x

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

So many saying that they haven't spoken to in a while, well that cuts two ways....

Just saying like.

When did you drop in a little did to that got you talking to begin with. Doesn't take much to say good to see your both active.

over a year ago

I'm better on a block list

over a year ago

South Wales

"So many saying that they haven't spoken to in a while, well that cuts two ways....

Just saying like.

When did you drop in a little did to that got you talking to begin with. Doesn't take much to say good to see your both active."

What got this thread going for me was that there are 8 people on my friends list and I messaged them all individually wishing them all a happy xmas, they all got back apart from 1 who was online regularly over the period, they never opened the message we sent although they wouldn't have done this before, it was always the same day at least they would reply. Its as if we made the effort and they couldn't be bothered. X

over a year ago

Should I warn them first?

over a year ago

"So many saying that they haven't spoken to in a while, well that cuts two ways....

Just saying like.

When did you drop in a little did to that got you talking to begin with. Doesn't take much to say good to see your both active.

What got this thread going for me was that there are 8 people on my friends list and I messaged them all individually wishing them all a happy xmas, they all got back apart from 1 who was online regularly over the period, they never opened the message we sent although they wouldn't have done this before, it was always the same day at least they would reply. Its as if we made the effort and they couldn't be bothered. X"

Hooray, well done you. Genuinely.

So many moaning but can't be arsed to make that move themselves, we accept friendship here on the same basis as we do in real life. We see old friends that welcome us 20 odd years after we last spoke.

A friend is for life not just Christmas.

over a year ago

South Wales

"Should I warn them first?"

Could ask them if they still want to be friends. X

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

My friends on here are people I have met and become friends with.

Might not talk on here but do IRL

over a year ago

No chance. I hardly have any as it is!!

over a year ago

"Yes I definitely need a clear out..

"

Indulgent Christmas?

over a year ago

We are supposed to make friends??

over a year ago

I have half a dozen. And don’t want nor need anymore…… only people who are on the same wavelength. Why give yourself the headache of total randoms sprouting shite ?

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Just saying like.

What got this thread going for me was that there are 8 people on my friends list and I messaged them all individually wishing them all a happy xmas, they all got back apart from 1 who was online regularly over the period, they never opened the message we sent although they wouldn't have done this before, it was always the same day at least they would reply. Its as if we made the effort and they couldn't be bothered. X

So many moaning but can't be arsed to make that move themselves, we accept friendship here on the same basis as we do in real life. We see old friends that welcome us 20 odd years after we last spoke.

A friend is for life not just Christmas. "

That's exactly how I view friendship too which is why I don't have any old school or childhood friends.

It works both ways and when you spend years visiting, helping, funding and supporting and you suddenly realise they have never reciprocated it's not really friendship.

The same is true on here. If I'm the one initiating every conversation and the only time I ever hear from them is when they need backup in their latest drama it's easier just to move on and forget about them.

Fab friendships have to be mutual and not one way streets.

over a year ago

"I'm better on a block list "

The block list thread was a step to far

Those offenders who received a lifetime bar

But the shunning of friends is surely a crime

An action of regret over a period of time

So before that delete button is depressed

The friendship situation should be throughly assessed

Friends surely one cannot have sufficient

As without them life would be deficient

So refrain from pruning the list of mates

Instead focus on their positive traits

And remember Fab friends are for life not the Yuletide

As one day they maybe naked by your side

over a year ago

Just saying like.

That's exactly how I view friendship too which is why I don't have any old school or childhood friends.

It works both ways and when you spend years visiting, helping, funding and supporting and you suddenly realise they have never reciprocated it's not really friendship.

The same is true on here. If I'm the one initiating every conversation and the only time I ever hear from them is when they need backup in their latest drama it's easier just to move on and forget about them.

Fab friendships have to be mutual and not one way streets. "

Fab is not real. It’s transient it’s a recreational sex site it’s not a for life association it’s taken far too seriously it’s about being flexible it’s just a bit of fun!

over a year ago

Just saying like.

Fab friendships have to be mutual and not one way streets. "

A stark reality in our times...

over a year ago

"Should I warn them first?

Could ask them if they still want to be friends. X"

Sounds like a much more polite idea.

over a year ago

Just saying like.

A stark reality in our times... "

This is all a bit intense for New Year’s Day.

over a year ago

South Wales

Just saying like.

A stark reality in our times...

This is all a bit intense for New Year’s Day. "

Think it's interesting tbh. Think most of us are on the same page though. X

over a year ago

South Wales

"Should I warn them first?

Could ask them if they still want to be friends. X

Sounds like a much more polite idea. "

Thanks I thought so too. X

over a year ago

Think you’re right two on hotlist that don’t bother.

New year New start !

Deleted

over a year ago

South Wales

"Is there someone on your friends list who just doesn't bother anymore, you message them and they don't reply even though you seen they have been online numerous times. Should you remove them or just leave them there? X

Think you’re right two on hotlist that don’t bother.

New year New start !

Deleted "

Good for you haven't even thought of the hotlist tbh. X

over a year ago

If someone would like to friend me, then ignore me, I’ll join in.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I've had a cull today, way to many I've not spoken to for months on end or at all

over a year ago

If I followed through with this I'd have to delete pretty much all of them

over a year ago

South Wales

"I've had a cull today, way to many I've not spoken to for months on end or at all"

A cull love it.x

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Its good to have a regular clear out of the friends list, lots of fun when they take ages to realise

over a year ago

Just saying like.

Fab is not real. It’s transient it’s a recreational sex site it’s not a for life association it’s taken far too seriously it’s about being flexible it’s just a bit of fun!"

that's fine in your world, or anybody else's, in ours we give meaning to those in our friends list. Meeting them for pants on fun is as good as the pants off stuff too. True we met them here, but they'll be in our phones contact list long after we aren't here.

We're realistic about what fab means to different people and find compared to our own MO that its sad that friendships, both here and life generally have become so disposable.

Throw away society indeed, within an environment of fly tipped, using along with the fuck and go-ness.

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

I leave them to be fair..

I've two that haven't been active for over a year, so maybe should delete, although the one I wonder if she'll reappear, so maybe not

By *aughtiness69Couple
over a year ago

Kinmel bay

You don't get to 8 fab friends without making a few enemies

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Anything over six months and we delete them

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

I know all my enemies, the ones in the forums that posted few minutes ago, but when I have a nose at their profile "user has hidden their profile"

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It depends how much you like seeing their friends only photos

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I have regular purges . Couple of times last year and this morning as a new year gift to myself ..

Pointless if we never chat as I have to be ruthless this year haha

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've considered this so as not to be tormented by their wazo pair of jugs

I couldn't do it though "

Same , I don’t tend to add many, they are either great memories or hopeful / work in progress

over a year ago

I'm a rubbish friend. I rarely message but will always reply to friends

over a year ago

South Wales

"You don't get to 8 fab friends without making a few enemies "

Hope not too many

over a year ago

I don't have any. The only requests I get are clearly for the sole purpose of getting a look at my Friends Only pics.

over a year ago

I occasionally purge if we don't chat

over a year ago

You're gone Kylie.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Its good to have a regular clear out of the friends list, lots of fun when they take ages to realise "

Wait a minute...

Post new Message to Thread