Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

New years . Sadness ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey,

OK so this Covid gloom cloud isn't helping ...

Though does anyone else generally feel down at the end of year.. when we are all supposed to be reflecting.

Not helped by watching BBC news of beautiful talents we have lost this year.

Another year older ,things we wish we did but didn't, people we,ve lost . Things we wish we said but did,nt, etc etc...

Just kinda makes me feel gloomy...

Any one else?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nope. I treat it as just another day I realise 2 months into the year I've been writing the wrong year on paperwork.

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I know what you mean OP, especially having elderly parents, can’t shake the worries of what the next twelve months might bring x

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes get what u mean! Never liked new year! But even more so since loosing my dad 5 days b 4 xmas 26 years ago! Hated leaving him in 1995! Still love xmas though! Shall b asleep by 9 this eve as been up since 2 45 this morn for work and b up 2 45 tomoz morning for work! So it will pass me by unnoticed x

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Laceby

Nope. There's nothing you can do about it. Enjoy every opportunity that comes your way and create the ones that don't. Live life to the full. Share moments with loved ones. Make people aware that you care. Carry out random acts of kindness. Smile.

C

over a year ago

"Nope. I treat it as just another day I realise 2 months into the year I've been writing the wrong year on paperwork. "
ha ha ...yeah me to.

over a year ago

"I know what you mean OP, especially having elderly parents, can’t shake the worries of what the next twelve months might bring x"
oh can empathise entirely with you on elderly parent worry. I have one remaining parent ( Father) who is a worry ... and yes I omitted that on original thread.

over a year ago

"Yes get what u mean! Never liked new year! But even more so since loosing my dad 5 days b 4 xmas 26 years ago! Hated leaving him in 1995! Still love xmas though! Shall b asleep by 9 this eve as been up since 2 45 this morn for work and b up 2 45 tomoz morning for work! So it will pass me by unnoticed x"
oh candyfloss... yes your right the pain never leaves you .. If your up at those hours can only assume your one of societies unsung heroes !! That's another issue that gets me thus time of year.... of how much " entitlement" that shows its ugly head this time of year, and blinkered selfishness..

over a year ago

"Nope. There's nothing you can do about it. Enjoy every opportunity that comes your way and create the ones that don't. Live life to the full. Share moments with loved ones. Make people aware that you care. Carry out random acts of kindness. Smile.

C"

well said.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I use it as a spring board to more hopeful things.

over a year ago

After having an absolutely crap 2021 I got the best news just before Xmas but I still have my worries with other things. I'm still not working, thanks to Covid and I'm worried about my dad as to whether or not he'll get through another year as his health isn't at all good. I'm trying my best to keep positive and hope 2022 will be better x

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Porthmadog and Dudley

I'll get emotional when midnight turns as I feel I'm getting further away from the memory of my son.

Last year as the fireworks blazed across the sky I clutched what little of his remains his mother allowed me, as if in some I was still carrying him into the new year with me so I didn't leave him behind... tonight for the 2nd time I'll do the same again.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Hey,

Though does anyone else generally feel down at the end of year.. when we are all supposed to be reflecting.

Another year older ,things we wish we did but didn't, people we,ve lost . Things we wish we said but did,nt, etc etc...

Any one else?

"

Usually not. Usually I think of closing one chapter and starting a fresh new shiny chapter with all possibilities and opportunities.

But this year absolutely, I know and feel what you mean. The last 2 years have been very tough on many people.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I always feel a bit sad from boxing day to New Year's eve, I use it as a time to reflect. But, today I'm feeling positive as we are moving towards the light and Spring.

By *iving Bi a TryMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Perhaps when you reflect on the year gone by, rather than concentrate on dead celebs that you didn't know, think about all the great things you've done in the year.

New family members born?

Great times with friends?

Beautiful views?

Sunsets with a drink?

Good books?

Something you made or grew?

A picture you took of something happy?

A promotion or pay rise?

Some Fab action?

I hope you have a great 2022.

Gbat

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

It's easy to get engrossed in the doom n gloom (let's face it it sells papers/generates clicks for news companies) - I try to focus on the good stuff that happens in the world but it's not always easy.

Hopefully this year won't be quite as bad as we expect

over a year ago

"I'll get emotional when midnight turns as I feel I'm getting further away from the memory of my son.

Last year as the fireworks blazed across the sky I clutched what little of his remains his mother allowed me, as if in some I was still carrying him into the new year with me so I didn't leave him behind... tonight for the 2nd time I'll do the same again."

I'm so sorry to hear from his. I'm thinking of at this very difficult time. Sending love and hugs x

over a year ago

"I'll get emotional when midnight turns as I feel I'm getting further away from the memory of my son.

Last year as the fireworks blazed across the sky I clutched what little of his remains his mother allowed me, as if in some I was still carrying him into the new year with me so I didn't leave him behind... tonight for the 2nd time I'll do the same again.

I'm so sorry to hear from his. I'm thinking of at this very difficult time. Sending love and hugs x"

Of this x

over a year ago

I used to feel like this. Less so in recent years when I looked on it just as a day like any other. No pressure to have a great time or make a life changing resolution.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

If I’m out with others I always find a quiet spot alone for the countdown.

It is something I’ve always done for those 5/10 minutes of quiet time to remember family and friends no longer here. Then it’s a laugh at an old memory, back into the crowd and get on with life, just as they’d want me to be.

If at home it is similar but no hiding, we talk about them and it always ends with a memory that makes us laugh.

It’s good to remember, but not dwell and live life instead.

over a year ago

"After having an absolutely crap 2021 I got the best news just before Xmas but I still have my worries with other things. I'm still not working, thanks to Covid and I'm worried about my dad as to whether or not he'll get through another year as his health isn't at all good. I'm trying my best to keep positive and hope 2022 will be better x"
again think your mirroring my anxieties with my Father. Its tough witnessing someone so dear/ loved who has always been a source of strength and guidance deteriorate. Often the feeling so powerless to reverse it ...it hurts. Little comfort I know is accepting this scenario is not unique nor are you the only one...

over a year ago

"Hey,

Any one else?

"

A few years ago a lovely lady on here told us about this. She has a jar where she puts notes in when something good happens.

A wonderful day out with family. A particularly memorable beautiful sunset. Something cute/ funny that a small person said. A compliment from a stranger.

On New Year's Eve open the jar and read all the notes. It's a reminder that there were good times in the year.

Keep the notes and start filling the jar again tomorrow.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Yes get what u mean! Never liked new year! But even more so since loosing my dad 5 days b 4 xmas 26 years ago! Hated leaving him in 1995! Still love xmas though! Shall b asleep by 9 this eve as been up since 2 45 this morn for work and b up 2 45 tomoz morning for work! So it will pass me by unnoticed x oh candyfloss... yes your right the pain never leaves you .. If your up at those hours can only assume your one of societies unsung heroes !! That's another issue that gets me thus time of year.... of how much " entitlement" that shows its ugly head this time of year, and blinkered selfishness.. "

I'm only a supermarket worker nothing special x

Post new Message to Thread