Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Normal etiquette in meeting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it normal to expect somebody to arrange a meet after only speaking to them for 1/2 day and only one side of the party ???

Got blocked and called a time waster after saying I wish to chat some more with all parts together and for a little longer…

Have I done something wrong ?

Honestly am not pointing fingers , I genuinely would like to know as I’m new to the scene.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You chatted to the man half of the couple?

Just ignore them, the woman probably doesn't exist.

over a year ago

No I think she did and I think was very genuine, but wonder if it the expectation?

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There is no normal, just whatever works for you.

I would be unlikely to meet anyone until I had exchanged a few messages at the very least and that would be a social in a public place, at a future date.

over a year ago

"No I think she did and I think was very genuine, but wonder if it the expectation? "

Was I going about it all wrong ?

over a year ago

I don't think there are any definites

Contrary to popular belief, we aren't all looking for the same thing

Moreover, even if we are, we all have different ways of getting there

Whoever you were chatting with weren't a match for you

It's that simple

There will be more - and a few you will click with

Those are the ones you need to look forward to

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

There's no normal procedure, you wanted to chat more, that's fine, you just went compatible.

They must have wanted bish bash bosh bye guy. You need a bit more of a connection. Both fine.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is it normal to expect somebody to arrange a meet after only speaking to them for 1/2 day and only one side of the party ???

Got blocked and called a time waster after saying I wish to chat some more with all parts together and for a little longer…

Honestly am not pointing fingers , I genuinely would like to know as I’m new to the scene. "

you haven't done anything wrong. It's key for your dignity and self esteem to do this the way you want to not the way other people say you should. There isn't a right way, only what's right for you

over a year ago

Everyone is different how they run their profiles. Ive met couples where I’ve only spoke to the male half or just the female.

I mean it’s hard to explain but ultimately you just go with gut feeling, with a few things that can help… Have they got verifications, are their photos of them together… sometimes there are a few signals that it’s just a single man.

Other than that some people don’t really want to chat more and just want to meet everyone is different. You did nothing wrong at the end of the day it just wasn’t meant to be

over a year ago

"Is it normal to expect somebody to arrange a meet after only speaking to them for 1/2 day and only one side of the party ???

Honestly am not pointing fingers , I genuinely would like to know as I’m new to the scene. "

I've had the same from guys who think hello are you free is all it takes, guys claiming to be older to get around age filters it just goes on. IMHO they aren't looking to meet anyway or they'd bottle it.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I don’t think you did anything wrong, if it made you feel more comfortable chatting a little more then that’s quite acceptable, its not really much to ask after all

over a year ago

Don’t get me wrong , both were very genuine and lovely people , I was just asking if that was the general expectation.. which as some have already said , everyone is different and do things differently… thanks all for your advice and comments.

Post new Message to Thread