Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A bit boring really

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Christmas that is. Dunno I why but this year I just found it all a bit boring. Nothing to do with covid or isolating..... I just found sitting round with my family watch TV just all a bit boring.

I'm actuly grateful to be going in to the office today for some variety.

Maybe it's because I don't have kids? Maybe it's because I'm single? Maybe it's because I'm a boring bitch? But I have to say the though of going on holifay next year is very tempting!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I love Christmas for sitting around all day watching tv but that enjoyments ends on the 27th. I'm not back in work until the 4th and I'm delighted with that.

But I've got loads of things lined up for the next week or so to do to keep me entertained and busy.

Your line about looking forward to going back to the office for a bit of variety really struck me, do you not have any hobbies or anything?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always find it dour. December can do one. Dark, depressing forced jollity and overspending for a religious festival gone wrong. Jesus would not approve.

I am available for children's parties btw.

over a year ago

evesham

"I love Christmas for sitting around all day watching tv but that enjoyments ends on the 27th. I'm not back in work until the 4th and I'm delighted with that.

But I've got loads of things lined up for the next week or so to do to keep me entertained and busy.

Your line about looking forward to going back to the office for a bit of variety really struck me, do you not have any hobbies or anything? "

I go to the gym but the one I go to is privately run so it's closed until the 4th.

I've met my Dom

I do things like crochet and knit and other crafty stuff but it's all solo activities.by variety I mean seeing other people, not the actual work stuff lol

I actually think it was the forced family stuff that has made me feel Christmas isn't all that. On boxing day I dutifully went to my sisters as my mum was visiting but she's not a great host (she's been known to spend hours in her craft room alone when she has guests over).

I dunno. Christmas just lost its sparkle a bit here this year.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Its that period of time between Christmas and New years that almost everyone doesn't know what to do with themselves I find. I'm not back to work til the 4th as well and although I welcome the break, it's just finding things to do thats the trouble. I tend to visit more friends around this time as its getting me out the house and a bit of company

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I always find it dour. December can do one. Dark, depressing forced jollity and overspending for a religious festival gone wrong. Jesus would not approve.

I am available for children's parties btw."

Then celebrate the solstice and other pagan festivals - so very many do.

I have holly, mistletoe no glitter and we feast on the 21st December. We don't do Christmas. I know what it is etc ..... but opted out some years ago.

I don't do solstice every year and some years we switch it to TWIXTMAS to fill up that 'dead' week.

over a year ago

"I always find it dour. December can do one. Dark, depressing forced jollity and overspending for a religious festival gone wrong. Jesus would not approve.

I am available for children's parties btw.

Then celebrate the solstice and other pagan festivals - so very many do.

I have holly, mistletoe no glitter and we feast on the 21st December. We don't do Christmas. I know what it is etc ..... but opted out some years ago.

I don't do solstice every year and some years we switch it to TWIXTMAS to fill up that 'dead' week. "

21st would be more relevant as an Astronomy fan. Good plan Granny, you're not just a silhouetted face.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Boring as I was on nightshifts so no Xmas Dinner or television for me.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Aside from Meeting family Christmas Day that was it for me. Usually there are a whole raft of things we do together such as entertaining at each others houses or meals out but this year. It’s been overshadowed.

TV was dire as well I thought.

Not the most memorable Christmas for sure. Now some winter sun in Jan would be lovely.

over a year ago

evesham

"Aside from Meeting family Christmas Day that was it for me. Usually there are a whole raft of things we do together such as entertaining at each others houses or meals out but this year. It’s been overshadowed.

TV was dire as well I thought.

Not the most memorable Christmas for sure. Now some winter sun in Jan would be lovely. "

I've got everything crossed for my cruise in Feb!

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

I enjoy the lack of routine and not having to dash about.

OP - maybe go on holiday next year, if that’s what you fancy doing. It would shake it up a bit.

over a year ago

I had a great one, I spent 2 days in my auld local catching up with friends very little TV was watched. Me and my mother ordered an Indian for Xmas, the last two days has been all about recovering

I don't go back to work until the 10th, loving that by the way

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I was off work the 23rd and I'm off today so not had time to be bored.

Been mostly tired when not at work.

By *oson-BlueCouple
over a year ago

North Kent

I am available for children's parties btw."

That really made me chuckle and it probably shouldn’t have

Ms

Post new Message to Thread