Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What era of music is your most liked

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When it comes to music what era 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s noughties or today's music is your cup of tea?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

90s stone roses. Oasis. Blur. Pulp. Shed seven. Ocean colour scene… come on? There’s some big hitters in that decade

By *oreveryoungkWoman
over a year ago

Leicestershire

80s for me

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"90s stone roses. Oasis. Blur. Pulp. Shed seven. Ocean colour scene… come on? There’s some big hitters in that decade "

Totally agree the 90s best for music from Radiohead to blur oasis and then to American scene of grunge nirvana pumpkins nine inch nails.

Still love it all today and think outshines modern loads

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman
over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

90s/2000s for sure

over a year ago

80s 90s indie

over a year ago

"90s stone roses. Oasis. Blur. Pulp. Shed seven. Ocean colour scene… come on? There’s some big hitters in that decade

Totally agree the 90s best for music from Radiohead to blur oasis and then to American scene of grunge nirvana pumpkins nine inch nails.

Still love it all today and think outshines modern loads"

Yes Nirvana brought all of that grunge to our ears. Guns n Roses man.

Inspiral Carpets. Happy Monday. James. (Manchester gave everyone all we had back then….you’re welcome). *actualy have a funny story about inspiral carpets

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

80s for us

We recently saw The Human League - they're still brilliant.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

80s all day long. Though do love a bit of northern soul and motown

By *hat BlokeMan
over a year ago

Harrogate

70s/80s. You only have to look at how many of those tracks have been covered and re covered.

By *iggingMan
over a year ago

Oldham

Early Eighties

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"90s stone roses. Oasis. Blur. Pulp. Shed seven. Ocean colour scene… come on? There’s some big hitters in that decade

Inspiral Carpets. Happy Monday. James. (Manchester gave everyone all we had back then….you’re welcome). *actualy have a funny story about inspiral carpets

"

I wasn’t a fan or nirvana loved pumpkins more and pearl jam gnr always loved although not Morden stuff esp new song.

over a year ago

00s indie for me. The Strokes (Is This It could have been made in any decade from the 60s onward) The White Stripes, Bloc Party and the Libertines first album.

The electroclash dance scene; Emerge by Fischerspooner / Silver Screen by Felix da Housecat. We could include LCD soundsytem and Le Tigre in this.

Who doesn't remember the first Arctic Monkeys album dropping? Arcade Fire and The Rapture.

For me tho, the holy trinity of 2008ish debuts by MGMT, M83 and Empire of the Sun are everything that sums up the good times back then before the world fell apart.

over a year ago

90's for both the general indi pop stuff (Stone Rises, Oasis, Pulp etc) and the rave / dance music - (TTF, QFX, JX, Amen UK, Love decade, Dream frequency, Energy 52, Usura, Jagga etc). I also loved the Hitman And Her!!!

over a year ago

80s/90s/early 2000

And trance back then too, ode to go back to the nightclubs to see everyone in unison having fun and losing themself in the music

Cause now its all manufactured music and the new generation spends most their time instagraming their nights out

Id rather go back and sing

All i wanna do is do it - Kevin and perry the legends!

over a year ago

"When it comes to music what era 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s noughties or today's music is your cup of tea?"

.fella thought you left the party!!

80,s/90's...

over a year ago

70s classic rock, just call me Dean Winchester.

over a year ago

90’s. Britpop, dance/trance and hip hop were all so good. Even half the stuff you hated back then you’ll find yourself singing along to it when you hear it on the radio.

over a year ago

I have very wide tastes in music, I wouldn't even try to assign eras.

By *andering Welsh GuyMan
over a year ago

All over the place

I have rather eclectic tatse, for example the album in my car is currently Irish folk music, but the album before that was Dave

over a year ago

70/80s a mixture of disco, funk and soul ....

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

80s for me, but I'm a child of the 80s. If I'd grown up in a different era I'm sure my answer would be different. Luke

over a year ago

Late 70's early 80's, ska, mod,punk,new wave and love indie

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Newquay

80s girl here! X

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

90s great era for music dance, hip hop, brit pop just a big melting pot of amazing music x

over a year ago

19th century

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Definitely the 80's

over a year ago

"

These are the sounds of my teenage years and I love em, but If I'm picking and not random playing it's,

60/70s if I'm feeling cool

80s if I want cheering up

90s if I'm a bit of a grump and just going with it

over a year ago

"00s indie for me. The Strokes (Is This It could have been made in any decade from the 60s onward) The White Stripes, Bloc Party and the Libertines first album.

The electroclash dance scene; Emerge by Fischerspooner / Silver Screen by Felix da Housecat. We could include LCD soundsytem and Le Tigre in this.

Who doesn't remember the first Arctic Monkeys album dropping? Arcade Fire and The Rapture.

For me tho, the holy trinity of 2008ish debuts by MGMT, M83 and Empire of the Sun are everything that sums up the good times back then before the world fell apart."

Exactly this

Bloc party

Maximo park

The kooks

Razorlight

Arctic monkeys

Kaiser chiefs

Muse

Prodigy

The gossip

Franz Ferdinand

The killers

The fratellis

The strokes

The coral

Travis Keane

Coldplay

The magic numbers

The list goes on but it reminds me of fun free days pre becoming a young Mum and having to grow up very quickly.

By *p4funCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

80s 90s

over a year ago

I don't really have a favourite era. The music I listen to is from all eras and a lot of rock music is timeless.

I would say though that the mainstream music scene started its death throes in the late 80s with the advent of house music and has been going downhill since.

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

60's and 70's for me

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

90s/00s for me. A lot of them linked to memories of my youth and the discovery punk, ska and a general broadening of my horizons away from the pop of the day. They were exciting days of discovery before easy access to music on the Internet. Staying up late to hear/watch alternative music programming and the adventure of completion Tapes/CD's from certain record labels showcasing their bands. I was always a bit of an odd ball so most of what I discovered I had to discover my self because it wasn't really what the people around me were into.

Mr.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Early Eighties"

Yeah. 80’s for me. But proper 80’s, not the shite that gets trotted out at stuff like Rewind Festival.

60’s was transformational, some brilliant stuff, but 80’s for me, with 90’s a close second.

10’s would be the worst, and 20’s is going the same way. The miserable warbling shite that passes for r and b these days is a just a disgrace. And too much current material could be filed under “angry boasty shite”

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

90s without a doubt.

over a year ago

67 to 77 had everything. Pretty much everything from The Beatles to The Sex Pistols and every genre in between. And no Chris Martin or Ed Sheeran in sight.

By *udley hotwife86Couple
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"90s stone roses. Oasis. Blur. Pulp. Shed seven. Ocean colour scene… come on? There’s some big hitters in that decade "

Exactly this love putting absolutely 90s on in the van on our travels

over a year ago

Very much late 70s early 80s for me

over a year ago

"00s indie for me. The Strokes (Is This It could have been made in any decade from the 60s onward) The White Stripes, Bloc Party and the Libertines first album.

For me tho, the holy trinity of 2008ish debuts by MGMT, M83 and Empire of the Sun are everything that sums up the good times back then before the world fell apart.

Exactly this

Bloc party

Maximo park

The kooks

Razorlight

Arctic monkeys

Kaiser chiefs

Muse

Prodigy

The gossip

Franz Ferdinand

The killers

The fratellis

The strokes

The coral

Travis Keane

Coldplay

The magic numbers

The list goes on but it reminds me of fun free days pre becoming a young Mum and having to grow up very quickly.

"

Travis and Prodigy are 90s

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

Which decade(s) really depend on your age and when you grew up

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Most kids I know listen to stuff from the last century rather than post 2000. So it’s not just me that thinks that current material is largely shite!

By *edToTheMaxCouple
over a year ago

doncaster

80s

Big fan of the big hair rock bands as well as the synth based new wave band

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Which decade(s) really depend on your age and when you grew up"

Largely true, but I coach sports teams, and all the young adults I know for that seem to listen to 80’s and 90’s rather than current / recent material.

But I get the point and agree with you. I came across a programme over Christmas that covered the best music from 84 / 85, and that took me back to my schooldays, all sorts of memories coming back

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Exactly this

Bloc party

Maximo park

The kooks

Razorlight

Arctic monkeys

Kaiser chiefs

Muse

Prodigy

The gossip

Franz Ferdinand

The killers

The fratellis

The strokes

The coral

Travis Keane

Coldplay

The magic numbers

Travis and Prodigy are 90s "

So is most the list

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I like a few from the 60s/70s but mostly todays music x

over a year ago

The music you listen to from ages 16 to 27 is the music you will always hold dear and tends to make you nostalgic. Its no surprise the older you get the more you don't easily relate to what's going on in the music scene currently. Also because the older you get what you are hearing from new bands has more than likely been done before.

Some bands will always just be shit. Coldplay anyone?

over a year ago

Not sure what era but I like old(er) music as opposed to modern.

Buddy Holly, Bobby Daring, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding.

over a year ago

"00s indie for me.

Exactly this

Bloc party

Maximo park

The kooks

Razorlight

Arctic monkeys

Kaiser chiefs

Muse

Prodigy

The gossip

Franz Ferdinand

The killers

The fratellis

The strokes

The coral

Travis Keane

Coldplay

The magic numbers

Travis and Prodigy are 90s

So is most the list"

Most on the list? Seriously?

Travis were still releasing in the 00s and prodigy released an album in the 00s, possibly the coral might've been late 90s. Pretty sure everything else was 00s

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

80's and 90's for me

My favourite band is still Duran Duran

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"Most kids I know listen to stuff from the last century rather than post 2000. So it’s not just me that thinks that current material is largely shite! "

I noticed that. Stayed up drinking with the older kids. Most of the songs they were playing and singing along to were 90s hits. To be fair I think there's a bit of a 1990s revival at the moment (including the need for huge steering wheel locks again). Having said that I remember in the 90s kids having a revival of 60s ish stuff and I bet my parents were thinking the same as you back then.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"The music you listen to from ages 16 to 27 is the music you will always hold dear and tends to make you nostalgic. Its no surprise the older you get the more you don't easily relate to what's going on in the music scene currently. Also because the older you get what you are hearing from new bands has more than likely been done before.

Some bands will always just be shit. Coldplay anyone? "

Don't get the hatred for coldplay....still the best concert I've ever been at and I normally see at least

100 to 150 a year for the last 12 years

By *randon1051555Man
over a year ago

Braintree

80-85 were the best ever years for me !!!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Tricky. My parents were both WW2 veterans and had us later I'm life so I was a 60's baby listening to war songs and Vera Lynn, the 70's was glam rock, musicals and Striesand and the 80's passed me by a bit when I had my babies so I'm going to have to go for 60's-70's

over a year ago

Why we choosing for?

There is no 90s Brit pop without the influence of the 60s and 70s so surely it has to be between those teo years?

You have soul, funk, rock and roll and disco between those decades!!!

By *d StrakerMan
over a year ago

Basildon

70s Disco

80s/90s House

over a year ago

Depends really , 90s cos it was when I was out partying , 80s cos it was the music I grew up on

And 60s because that was a music defining era lol

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

90s and current

D.

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

80s/90s alternative/indie

over a year ago

Mostly 80s, some great stuff you can't overlook the 70s and some current stuff too.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

50's to the 90's

Some modern music is OK but not my go to choice

over a year ago

80s(era I grew up in) for pop.

90s-00s for hip-hop and dance.

But also, 00s for the discovery of music I'd missed

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

90s definitely, grunge/Seattle bands mostly, soundgarden, Alice in chains, pearl jam, love pretty much anything heavy and boundary breaking from that era too, always cringe at Brit pop a bit :-/

over a year ago

Bristols scene in the 90s was pretty impressive.

By *ev257Man
over a year ago

cardiff

Best decade 70's.

Started with glam rock,music went a bit shit in the middle of the 70's n ended with punk rock.

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

The 80s and 90s for us. X

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

[Removed by poster at 29/12/21 10:14:11]

over a year ago

80's and 90's for me

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

90s/00s pop and boybands for sure!

Fab feels a safe place where you'll not be judged for your sexual kinks, however I'm not sure I get the same safety for my cheesy taste in music.

over a year ago

"90s/00s pop and boybands for sure!

Fab feels a safe place where you'll not be judged for your sexual kinks, however I'm not sure I get the same safety for my cheesy taste in music. "

Everyone loves a bit of 5ive, A1 and Backstreet Boy's.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

90's a bitter sweet decade for me but the best indie rock and grunge

music there ever was ,pearl jam, Nirvana,smashing pumpkins,sound garden the list goes on and on

over a year ago

Fab feels a safe place where you'll not be judged for your sexual kinks, however I'm not sure I get the same safety for my cheesy taste in music.

Everyone loves a bit of 5ive, A1 and Backstreet Boy's. "

Don’t forget Blue

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue"

East 17. Proper boyband.

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

"

Other than their Christmas song you never hear any of their other stuff these days. House of Love was a banger

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Apparently 'Seikilos epitaph' is the oldest ever musical composition. The short set of lyrics go ...

"While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.”

Is that not quite a mantra on how one should live life?

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

Other than their Christmas song you never hear any of their other stuff these days. House of Love was a banger "

The tune with Gabrielle does be on a bit.

Deep is a decent tune, Steam, It's Alright, they were the best of an atrocious bunch. Their version of West End Girl's is better than the original.

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

Other than their Christmas song you never hear any of their other stuff these days. House of Love was a banger

Deep is a decent tune, Steam, It's Alright, they were the best of an atrocious bunch. Their version of West End Girl's is better than the original."

Hooray, I've found my people! Used to love E17, the bad boys of pop!

You also need to throw in N*Sync and Westlife to the mix as well!

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

Deep is a decent tune, Steam, It's Alright, they were the best of an atrocious bunch. Their version of West End Girl's is better than the original.

Hooray, I've found my people! Used to love E17, the bad boys of pop!

You also need to throw in N*Sync and Westlife to the mix as well! "

Old school Take That. None of the comeback stuff though

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

Deep is a decent tune, Steam, It's Alright, they were the best of an atrocious bunch. Their version of West End Girl's is better than the original."

I’m going to have a listen through now. I was young when they were at their biggest so won’t be able to remember all of them

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

I’m going to have a listen through now. I was young when they were at their biggest so won’t be able to remember all of them"

They are pretty awful. Slightly better than the rest. Brian, Tony and the two mute plummer's.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

70/80s for me

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

I’m going to have a listen through now. I was young when they were at their biggest so won’t be able to remember all of them

They are pretty awful. Slightly better than the rest. Brian, Tony and the two mute plummer's."

I’m surprised Brian didn’t have a successful solo career as he really could sing but drugs and apparently potatoes were his downfall

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

88-89 2nd summer of love

over a year ago

Don’t forget Blue

East 17. Proper boyband.

They are pretty awful. Slightly better than the rest. Brian, Tony and the two mute plummer's.

I’m surprised Brian didn’t have a successful solo career as he really could sing but drugs and apparently potatoes were his downfall "

Tony wrote the tunes he's the brain's of the operation apparently and probably the only one with a pot to piss in now days I'd say. Which dosnt say alot. Brian apparently did 20 Es in one night and stated this publicly which was the downfall of his career. Also his fondness for patatos sealed his fate.

over a year ago

It's a hard one and I do not have a preference really as I love all music from different eras and genres

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

1970s heavy rock.

By *Booboo-Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Fab feels a safe place where you'll not be judged for your sexual kinks, however I'm not sure I get the same safety for my cheesy taste in music. "

I get judged on my Spotify playlist daily because someone ^^^^^^ hijacks it daily and plays all of that stuff!!!

Went to listen to my "your most played of 2021" playlist yesterday and guess what it had on it?

over a year ago

70s

over a year ago

80s mainly then 90s

over a year ago

70s and 80s for me.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I probably listen to 70s and 80s rock the most.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I love my 50s/60s rock n roll

I love my 70s stuff from Queen etc

I love my metal from the 80s into the 90s

I love skate-punk/nu-metal from the 90s/early 00s

I haven't a clue about any music post about 2008....

I'm an eclectic woman

Post new Message to Thread