Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Time wasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This could be categorised in a lot of ways but it all gets broken down into the same thing.

I just can’t get my head round it. Is it intentional or just for bants?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Depends what has happened that is making you class a person as a time waster.

over a year ago

Like I said it could be categorised in many forms. In this sense I’m speaking as a whole. I think there’s people who genuinely wake up, log in, with 0 intensions whatsoever.

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Like I said it could be categorised in many forms. In this sense I’m speaking as a whole. I think there’s people who genuinely wake up, log in, with 0 intensions whatsoever.

"

I’d say most have intentions , perhaps not the same as yours …

over a year ago

"Like I said it could be categorised in many forms. In this sense I’m speaking as a whole. I think there’s people who genuinely wake up, log in, with 0 intensions whatsoever.

I’d say most have intentions , perhaps not the same as yours …"

Perhaps ur right. But I guess what I can’t get my head around is when ur having a nice conversation with someone n you’re both getting along and suddenly they ignore ur messages. That’s just a quick scenario.

I don’t wanna come of as if I’m ranting on here I’m not. But if no one relates to it then fair enough it’s just me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Perhaps ur right. But I guess what I can’t get my head around is when ur having a nice conversation with someone n you’re both getting along and suddenly they ignore ur messages. That’s just a quick scenario.

I don’t wanna come of as if I’m ranting on here I’m not. But if no one relates to it then fair enough it’s just me "

That most likely isn’t time wasting. That is more probably someone who’s decided you’re not for them.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I don’t wanna come of as if I’m ranting on here I’m not. But if no one relates to it then fair enough it’s just me

That most likely isn’t time wasting. That is more probably someone who’s decided you’re not for them. "

Spot on

over a year ago

I don’t wanna come of as if I’m ranting on here I’m not. But if no one relates to it then fair enough it’s just me "

They may talk to many people... maybe you just have to wait your turn..

But I do get why you'd expect an immediate continuation.

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I’m sure most people relate but it doesn’t necessarily make the other person a time waster.

They might have changed their mind , realised that it’s not a match after all , they might have “stuff” happening in their life , or just connected with someone else that ticks all of their boxes.

It’s not pleasant but that’s “life” and not just on Fab.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Or maybe their intention for that period of talking to you was to be polite to someone that evening, and not be one of the people other folks brand as ignorant for not even responding to an opening message.

over a year ago

They may talk to many people... maybe you just have to wait your turn..

But I do get why you'd expect an immediate continuation."

Yeah perhaps I used wrong choice of words. I still know what I mean by heart n I wasn’t making this solely about me cause I’ve heard some people speak on it too.

I do appreciate you all for ur contributions into the matter

over a year ago

There’s only one time waster for me, and that’s the person I arrange something with, and they don’t show up, leaving me hanging.

Everything else is just words on a screen.

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

"There’s only one time waster for me, and that’s the person I arrange something with, and they don’t show up, leaving me hanging.

Everything else is just words on a screen. "

I agree with this. Online time doesn’t feel wasted to me as there are other conversations going on, but time wasted after arranging something really drives me mad! I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve been stood up!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Timewaster is often a sweeping statement on here but it works in different ways.

I make it very clear that I don't meet often and don't have time to travel so some might consider me a timewaster or ask why I'm on here.

From my perspective, because of that clarity on my profile, anyone contacting me who thinks they can test my resolve or that it is all lip service are wasting their own time, not mine.

over a year ago

"There’s only one time waster for me, and that’s the person I arrange something with, and they don’t show up, leaving me hanging.

Everything else is just words on a screen. "

Omg this too!

Like I mentioned earlier time wasting can be categorised in many forms it all depends on one’s perspective and what they chose to call time to wasting.

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

I’d say most have intentions , perhaps not the same as yours …"

Very well put.

Look at it from the alternative perspective OP. If someone is getting their kicks out of you, they haven't wasted their time. Granted, you may have had your time wasted, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything to the other person.

Sad, but true. Good luck ing them out in future

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If class a time waster as someone who arranges a meet and then doesn't turn up and doesn't contact the person they're meeting.

Many people change their minds or have other things going on, that doesn't make them time wasters in my opinion.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

When a message is either sent or replied to, it’s not necessarily going to end in a meeting. It’s a chance to check that other person out, some stranger on the internet. That’s what we all are on this site.

Even in a club or at a social we all are just strangers getting to know each other. So trying to chat them up at the bar isn’t a waste of time.

For me time wasting is that person you’re expecting to meet. An agreed time and place, you have actually given up the chance to do other things with your time but devoted it to that person on here. When they don’t turn up or message you to inform that they can’t meet, that’s time wasting.

If you think sending endless messages and not getting meets on this site is time wasting, then leave or get a new hobby. Surely better ways to use your time.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

That’s not time wasting that’s not wanting to continue the conversation for what ever reason

Post new Message to Thread