Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Disabilities and fab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Curious to know what the experience is like for those with disabilities while fabbing.

I have to update my profile and a little hesitant, as I’m still adjusting to my new situation.

I want to be upfront, but I’m finding it hard to embrace and put it out there in a way.

So any feed back would be welcomed. X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *palWoman
over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

"Curious to know what the experience is like for those with disabilities while fabbing.

I have to update my profile and a little hesitant, as I’m still adjusting to my new situation.

I want to be upfront, but I’m finding it hard to embrace and put it out there in a way.

So any feed back would be welcomed. X"

Go with your gut instinct especially as you are going through a period of adjustment, take your time as you will be grieving for the body you once had and you do learn to adjust and find other ways to have fun.

In the early days I just mentioned it to those who messaged me. Only when I felt it was the right time I wrote about it on my profile, whilst also being aware that there are for some a fetish/bucket list of being with someone who has a disability.

I have had lots of positive comment's about how open and honest my profile is which lovely.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I'm an ambulant wheelchair user. We've had some people immediately cease messaging when they find out I use a wheelchair. Some who fetishise it (not my thing at all) and had a tiny smattering of abuse BUT overwhelmingly, we've had lovely, lovely people being lovely. It's not been an issue at all. The organisers of the Manchester Social that we attended gave consideration to my needs when booking the venue etc. Everyone at the Social was welcoming and we had a great time, for example.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I talk with a gent in a wheelchair, but due to his circumstances we have been unable to meet yet

over a year ago

My personal opinion would be not to feel insecure about it (whatever it may be) anyone worth having your time will accept you for you no matter what

over a year ago

I'm bumping this for you.

Love the Christmas pics

By *orkshireDrifterMan
over a year ago

Nafferton, nr Driffield.

Speaking for myself, I am more concerned about a interpersonal attraction that goes beyond ones physical or other abilities.

I learned a lot from the philosophy of Tuppy Owens and for a while worked voluntarily for 'Outsiders' realising the very real potential that can be enjoyed by all, no matter thebimpediments.

I realised that you are going through a period of adjustment but be confident that a lovely sexual and social world is there awaiting you.

Be strong, be confident and enjoy it.

over a year ago

Thank you so much for your response and for those who DM theirs.

Grieving is definitely what it has felt like. Also struggling to find your way around a new normal. I am now an ambulant wheelchair user and this is where I have struggled most with acceptance, but I will get there!

over a year ago

"Curious to know what the experience is like for those with disabilities while fabbing.

Go with your gut instinct especially as you are going through a period of adjustment, take your time as you will be grieving for the body you once had and you do learn to adjust and find other ways to have fun.

In the early days I just mentioned it to those who messaged me. Only when I felt it was the right time I wrote about it on my profile, whilst also being aware that there are for some a fetish/bucket list of being with someone who has a disability.

I have had lots of positive comment's about how open and honest my profile is which lovely.

"

Thank you so much, this is something I definitely needed to read!

over a year ago

"I'm an ambulant wheelchair user. We've had some people immediately cease messaging when they find out I use a wheelchair. Some who fetishise it (not my thing at all) and had a tiny smattering of abuse BUT overwhelmingly, we've had lovely, lovely people being lovely. It's not been an issue at all. The organisers of the Manchester Social that we attended gave consideration to my needs when booking the venue etc. Everyone at the Social was welcoming and we had a great time, for example. "

Thank you!

It’s lovely to read the socials are accommodating and welcoming!

over a year ago

"I'm bumping this for you.

Love the Christmas pics "

Thank you xx

I perved your gallery, beautiful pics, loving the tinker bell feel Christmas fairy and that red set on the 22nd you look stunning

By *onnie 90Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I have learning disabilities so sometimes I struggle. I once mentioned this to a potential meet. He suddenly went from showering me with compliments to saying people like me shouldn't be on here.

FAB is a site for anyone. And if anyone feels they should hurl abuse at or discriminate against anyone with a disability well, it says more about them than it does you or I.

over a year ago

"I have learning disabilities so sometimes I struggle. I once mentioned this to a potential meet. He suddenly went from showering me with compliments to saying people like me shouldn't be on here.

FAB is a site for anyone. And if anyone feels they should hurl abuse at or discriminate against anyone with a disability well, it says more about them than it does you or I. "

That’s horrible! No one should put up with discrimination of any kind, sorry you had to deal with that.

Thank you and you’re absolutely right about it saying more about them. Xx

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

my father was a wheelchair user as was Arries, we both grew up with it, infact i thought as a kid that everyones dad was in a wheelchair lol.

i have disabilities, altho not visible ones, epilepsy amongst others, and life can be tough, but you are still yourself, never let others judge you, its not easy but genuine people will see through any problems you have and see the real you, if they cant then thats thier problem not yours. i hope you enjoy the site

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Thank you so much for your response and for those who DM theirs.

Grieving is definitely what it has felt like. Also struggling to find your way around a new normal. I am now an ambulant wheelchair user and this is where I have struggled most with acceptance, but I will get there!

"

Totally know how that feels, I was able bodied until 5yrs ago. Happy to DM etc if you want to chat.

over a year ago

Have a few issues myself but has never been an issue with those I meet, probably because they get to know me a bit first.

Some people are just nasty so use the block button

By *ootballFlowerCouple
over a year ago

Ollerton

Male half here. We have been on the scene for about 7 years now, but in the last 8 months I have lost a lot (90%) of my mobility and now use crutches for very short walking distances and a wheelchair for anything else.

As I am ambulatory (for now) I'm still able to go to clubs, we were in Chams on Monday evening. Flower is always there to support me so I don't let it stop me. Sometimes I'm a little self conscious but it's still new and I'm still learning to deal with it.

If anybody asks I just reply its my hips that don't work, my cock is just fine!!

Yes some positions are now not on the menu but seriously we are not letting it stop us.

If someone is offput by mobility aids then fuck em - they ain't worth our time anyway.

Professor X

over a year ago

I have hidden disabilities but I’ve found fab to be so welcoming and understanding. You get a few dick heads but you just block them. X

over a year ago

I’m partially disabled, I walk with a crutch although I can walk short distances without it. I have several health issues but tend not to tell people unless I need to.

I’d say not to put up the entire issue, but just say something like you need time and need a patient understanding partner.

over a year ago

Never be ashamed of a disability and if people want to judge you for it then they most certainly arent worth your time.. Everyone is different, wouldnt life be boring if everyone was the same?

Usually people who judge and put others down are the ones who are insecure about themselves and feel by putting others down it gives some sort of better feeling, sad really..

Why should one person be more entitled to have fun than the next?

I say own your disability as it makes you who you are.. Thats just my perception on it anyway..

Merry christmas x

over a year ago

Don't have much to add other than to point out that you're still you. Wheelchair or not doesn't change you as person. As I see it Fab is for everyone, on their own terms. Enjoy yourself and don't worry.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Most decent people around see the abilities of others rather ghan focusing on the disabilities. Yes someone may have to make adjustments depending what disability the other person has but everyone does that daily for things that are not even generally seen as disabilities.

The world is beautifully diverse and long may continue. Prejudice of any kind against anyone with a disability has no place in a civilised enlightened society and should be confronted by anyone with any decency.

over a year ago

It's the female here, I've also got mobility issues I use a crutch to get about. Because my pelvis and lower back is unstable I've got to be careful with sex.. So far I've not had a problem, our regular play friend is very caring and thought full.

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

So any feed back would be welcomed. X"

Not much to add other than that you look fantastic, and I can’t see that a wheelchair would change that x

By *palWoman
over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

Thank you so much, this is something I definitely needed to read! "

You're welcome I am glad it has helped x

over a year ago

Hubby has Fibromyalgia, FND and meniscus tears in his knees so finds things a bit difficult, his pain meds can make him not ejaculated, he gets pisses off then as he thinks I'm not satisfied when I am.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I agree with what everyone else has said.

It shouldn't make a difference. And if it does then they aren't the kind of person you want to meet anyway

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

We I am deaf vN heaf using implants and yes it putz some people off.

Specy as I find phones and cams hard so don't do them.

But best advice I can give

Embrace your new circumstances and live your ife to the fullest

Post new Message to Thread