Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Matrix Resurrections

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m board and Seeing the matrix being mentioned in another thread, has reminded me of the trailers I’ve seen for the new movie and thought I’d start a thread.

Tbh I’m not overly impressed, but hoping it won’t be as bad as the trailer looks.

Anyone planning on watching it?

What’s your thoughts on the trailer?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Seen the bad reviews

Not seen it yet only a cam copy is out was waiting on a better copy comeing out off it

over a year ago

I’ve not seen the reviews.

The trailer just seems so flat in atmosphere for me.

over a year ago

"I’ve not seen the reviews.

The trailer just seems so flat in atmosphere for me. "

The site I emm watch everything on has a comments bit and there were a lot off bad ones but as sed only a cam copy up

over a year ago

I watched a 4K/DTS-HD 5.1 version tonight. It's OK, not as bad as the reviews would suggest. The usual Wachowski psychobabble, but enjoyable enough.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I watched it this evening and really enjoyed it.

My only issue was.. did it really need a 4th movie.

over a year ago

"I watched it this evening and really enjoyed it.

My only issue was.. did it really need a 4th movie. "

Did it basically feel like a reboot? Reboots have been all the rage for years now.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

Did it basically feel like a reboot? Reboots have been all the rage for years now."

it Was a continuation of the series and left open for more.. I liked it but it just lacked something and I cant tell you what.

Ghostbusters afterlife on the other hand... omg epic x

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

I don't even think the second and third were particularly necessary tbh. The first one was great though.

over a year ago

Did it basically feel like a reboot? Reboots have been all the rage for years now. it Was a continuation of the series and left open for more.. I liked it but it just lacked something and I cant tell you what.

Ghostbusters afterlife on the other hand... omg epic x"

The nostalgia and the feels looked strong with the Afterlife trailer.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

I don't even think the second and third were particularly necessary tbh. The first one was great though. "

oh I loved it as a trilogy... however I went to watch the original matrix at the movies last week and that wowed me even though I've seen it so many times...

over a year ago

Did it basically feel like a reboot? Reboots have been all the rage for years now. it Was a continuation of the series and left open for more.. I liked it but it just lacked something and I cant tell you what.

Ghostbusters afterlife on the other hand... omg epic x"

Ooh I’m looking forward to watching afterlife.

over a year ago

Ooh I’m looking forward to watching afterlife."

Just don't walk into the light. Or cross the streams. (I've not even seen the film, but I know that line will pop up.)

over a year ago

Just don't walk into the light. Or cross the streams. (I've not even seen the film, but I know that line will pop up.)"

not going to lie I automatically read, “don’t go into the light carol ann” in my head then.

over a year ago

Just don't walk into the light. Or cross the streams. (I've not even seen the film, but I know that line will pop up.)

not going to lie I automatically read, “don’t go into the light carol ann” in my head then. "

There's a generation who'll never have seen that weird film lol. Did that one ever get remade/rebooted etc?

over a year ago

"I’m board and Seeing the matrix being mentioned in another thread, has reminded me of the trailers I’ve seen for the new movie and thought I’d start a thread.

Tbh I’m not overly impressed, but hoping it won’t be as bad as the trailer looks.

What’s your thoughts on the trailer? "

Looks like an interesting spin on it just going by the trailers but not getting great reviews the last 2 where bad as well

But yeah I’ll still want to see it cause the first one is an absolute classic

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

I don't even think the second and third were particularly necessary tbh. The first one was great though. oh I loved it as a trilogy... however I went to watch the original matrix at the movies last week and that wowed me even though I've seen it so many times..."

The first one... Leaves you with an adrenaline rush as the end credits rolled. The next two felt too long. Also I've never been a fan of the idea of making movies where they make two or more episodes at the same time but release them a year or more apart... I don't have the memory capacity lol

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I’m board and Seeing the matrix being mentioned in another thread, has reminded me of the trailers I’ve seen for the new movie and thought I’d start a thread.

Looks like an interesting spin on it just going by the trailers but not getting great reviews the last 2 where bad as well

But yeah I’ll still want to see it cause the first one is an absolute classic "

they flog a dead horse all the time now, the studios don’t take chances and make sequels or remakes so a high chance of a profit. Less and less original movies being made nowadays.

over a year ago

But yeah I’ll still want to see it cause the first one is an absolute classic they flog a dead horse all the time now, the studios don’t take chances and make sequels or remakes so a high chance of a profit. Less and less original movies being made nowadays. "

Totally agree with this, not just movies either. They drag out a good TV show and run it to the ground, to make sure they can get every penny they can. Sometimes less is better!

And the repetition in movies now, is why there just are any good horrors anymore. It’s all been done to death.

over a year ago

But yeah I’ll still want to see it cause the first one is an absolute classic they flog a dead horse all the time now, the studios don’t take chances and make sequels or remakes so a high chance of a profit. Less and less original movies being made nowadays.

Totally agree with this, not just movies either. They drag out a good TV show and run it to the ground, to make sure they can get every penny they can. Sometimes less is better!

And the repetition in movies now, is why there just are any good horrors anymore. It’s all been done to death. "

Cause Disney is literally buying up every movie studio and once they make money they don’t care

over a year ago

I enjoyed the conceit that obviously we can't go into

over a year ago

I don't even think the second and third were particularly necessary tbh. The first one was great though. oh I loved it as a trilogy... however I went to watch the original matrix at the movies last week and that wowed me even though I've seen it so many times...

The first one... Leaves you with an adrenaline rush as the end credits rolled. The next two felt too long. Also I've never been a fan of the idea of making movies where they make two or more episodes at the same time but release them a year or more apart... I don't have the memory capacity lol"

I hate watching a movie, to the find out it’s part of a series

Have to wait forever for the next one!

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

But yeah I’ll still want to see it cause the first one is an absolute classic they flog a dead horse all the time now, the studios don’t take chances and make sequels or remakes so a high chance of a profit. Less and less original movies being made nowadays.

And the repetition in movies now, is why there just are any good horrors anymore. It’s all been done to death.

Cause Disney is literally buying up every movie studio and once they make money they don’t care "

yes when they bought the Star Wars rights for 2 billion or whatever it was I remember thinking that the sums don’t really add up even with another trilogy. Little did we know that there would be that and stand alone films, animated films, tv series and a shit load of trademarked toys restyled.

over a year ago

Cause Disney is literally buying up every movie studio and once they make money they don’t care yes when they bought the Star Wars rights for 2 billion or whatever it was I remember thinking that the sums don’t really add up even with another trilogy. Little did we know that there would be that and stand alone films, animated films, tv series and a shit load of trademarked toys restyled. "

Worth it just for The Mandalorian

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Cause Disney is literally buying up every movie studio and once they make money they don’t care yes when they bought the Star Wars rights for 2 billion or whatever it was I remember thinking that the sums don’t really add up even with another trilogy. Little did we know that there would be that and stand alone films, animated films, tv series and a shit load of trademarked toys restyled.

Worth it just for The Mandalorian "

I know and I wasn’t knocking what has come out as generally I have enjoyed them. The first stand alone stars wars movie I thought was great and the mandalrorian is fantastic

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"

Have to wait forever for the next one! "

That's the beauty of modern HBO and Netflix type series, they have the production values of movies but plenty of episodes and they generally drop a season at a time now so you can either binge it in a day or two while the story is still fresh in your mind or ration it out to suit yourself...

over a year ago

"

That's the beauty of modern HBO and Netflix type series, they have the production values of movies but plenty of episodes and they generally drop a season at a time now so you can either binge it in a day or two while the story is still fresh in your mind or ration it out to suit yourself... "

This is why I love Netflix!

And tbh, I hate shoes that go in for around 20yrs or just never seem to end. I get board quickly and easily lol

over a year ago

"

That's the beauty of modern HBO and Netflix type series, they have the production values of movies but plenty of episodes and they generally drop a season at a time now so you can either binge it in a day or two while the story is still fresh in your mind or ration it out to suit yourself...

And tbh, I hate shoes that go in for around 20yrs or just never seem to end. I get board quickly and easily lol "

Sounds like you prefer a quick one

over a year ago

"

And tbh, I hate shoes that go in for around 20yrs or just never seem to end. I get board quickly and easily lol

Sounds like you prefer a quick one"

I prefer quality over quantity

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/12/21 04:08:09]

over a year ago

"

I prefer quality over quantity "

You want quality? Talk about picky. *sniff*

over a year ago

"

Reading above, sounds like you enjoy ancient shoes too. "

Um.. was hoping no one would notice lol. I need to start checking before sending

over a year ago

"

Reading above, sounds like you enjoy ancient shoes too.

Um.. was hoping no one would notice lol. I need to start checking before sending "

Ironically, I fucked up when writing that. You apparently hate ancient shoes rather than loving em.

over a year ago

"

Reading above, sounds like you enjoy ancient shoes too.

Um.. was hoping no one would notice lol. I need to start checking before sending

Ironically, I fucked up when writing that. You apparently hate ancient shoes rather than loving em."

well just to clarify, hate ancient shows, love new shoes

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"

And tbh, I hate shoes that go in for around 20yrs or just never seem to end. I get board quickly and easily lol "

But... I thought all women loved shoes...

over a year ago

"

But... I thought all women loved shoes... "

And now this is a shoe thread. Sorry lol

over a year ago

I prefer to wear shoes definitely

over a year ago

"

But... I thought all women loved shoes... "

Of cause just not old ones I guess.

Also not sure what those shoes go in, for around 20yrs

over a year ago

"

Also not sure what those shoes go in, for around 20yrs "

After 20 years, they likely go in the bin.

over a year ago

Now this is a shoe thread, I’ll be off sleeping happily for the next two hours! Night guys have fun!

over a year ago

"Now this is a shoe thread, I’ll be off sleeping happily for the next two hours! Night guys have fun! "

You, too x

over a year ago

"

Also not sure what those shoes go in, for around 20yrs

After 20 years, they likely go in the bin."

Hope your happy with urself !

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"Now this is a shoe thread, I’ll be off sleeping happily for the next two hours! Night guys have fun! "

Nn x

Post new Message to Thread