Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Auto renew

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Do you ever just let policies service contracts etc auto-renew or do you swap / ring the companies when the letter arrives?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always shop around. They screw existing customers. Cheaper to find a new company.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Always shop around. They screw existing customers. Cheaper to find a new company. "

so true.

I just go to Quidco each year and swap breakdown cover and insurances , they link you to compare the market for insurances, then to Sainsbury’s / nectar so you get benefits x 3 and cheaper than staying. For broadband and mobile I just do the “I’m leaving” circus and eventually they drop the price , I won’t ever leave VM or EE but I fight hard for the best price And make formal complaints which they pay around £50 each to settle

By *arkSuitedBootedMan
over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

"Always shop around. They screw existing customers. Cheaper to find a new company. "

So it's a bit like what happens to married people

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you insure with Saga (I know most of you aren't old enough ) you can fix for three years so I've done that with my car. Previously I always called after getting quotes elsewhere and asked if they could improve on their renewal price if they didn't I went with the other provider. I do it with all insurances. I also used to call the loyalty team of my credit card every six months and ask them to reduce the interest rate, they always did. When bit came to National Trust membership etc one of us would subscribe one year and the other the next taking advantage bof new member discounts each time.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I auto renew and I only change it when I'm not satisfied

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’ve been with the same insurance firm since I was 16.

They are not the cheapest by any means but they are good.

They are owned by a union I’m a member of.

The trouble with insurance is, that you only find out whether it’s any good when you come to use it, which is often too late.

Post new Message to Thread