Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Slim and petite perception

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I keep sort of seeing it around the forum (particularly) how slim and petite don’t seem to particularly get many compliments (or even be acknowledged) as it’s all about them sexy curves.

I totally get them that curves are feminine and sexy but it does feel strange when slim are sort of referred to as skinny or too thin.

I don’t know if it’s my perception but it seems like slim bodied women are sort of looked down on fab. Or made to feel a certain way because we don’t have those lush sexy curves.

Again, maybe it’s totally my impression?

I definitely don’t consider myself skinny, more of a slim (hey, I do have small love handles too when I sit down ) not sure about petite tho

Thoughts? Let’s keep the convo healthy please

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *HoneyWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I’m exactly the same as you OP. I have some love handles and I’m slim too but have a bit of cushion on my bum.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything negative or a disliking to women who are slim like us tbh

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think the different sized groups of people often look down on other different sized groups.

Often they get irate when negative words are used against them yet they do the same to the differently sized people.

Some people are careful who they openly compliment for fear of pissing others off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’m exactly the same as you OP. I have some love handles and I’m slim too but have a bit of cushion on my bum.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything negative or a disliking to women who are slim like us tbh "

Maybe it’s not proper negative but more like. Nothing is said or what is said, is not much at all.

I’ve had convos with some forumites who feel the same way.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I think slim women do get complimented but not specifically for being slim like curvy women do for having curves.

Reply privately

By *elboy64Man
over a year ago

weston

Looking at this thread most who are only looking for youngsters so that might be your problem?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Some people are careful who they openly compliment for fear of pissing others off.

"

My point exactly, I’ve heard from guys who like slimmer women and I got sort of told they have to stay in the closet for that reason.

That was done privately and I sort of wondered why tho. Hmmm

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think slim women do get complimented but not specifically for being slim like curvy women do for having curves."

Please explain further? X

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I’d say your way off there.

Slim women are fairly well received on here and I’d imagine don’t get nearly the same abuse as bigger women do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Looking at this thread most who are only looking for youngsters so that might be your problem?"

I never had a problem about myself as I get plenty of men, I am just wondering how come slim bodies aren’t celebrated equally as curvier bodies , particularly on fab forum. that’s all

It seems all hush hush

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My purely personal observations are that there are many more threads complimenting curvy women than complimenting slim women and that if a thread is started complimenting slim women it almost always ends badly. There are also many more pejorative statements made about slim women that are allowed to pass.

I don't know why that is.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I keep sort of seeing it around the forum (particularly) how slim and petite don’t seem to particularly get many compliments (or even be acknowledged) as it’s all about them sexy curves.

I totally get them that curves are feminine and sexy but it does feel strange when slim are sort of referred to as skinny or too thin.

I don’t know if it’s my perception but it seems like slim bodied women are sort of looked down on fab. Or made to feel a certain way because we don’t have those lush sexy curves.

I definitely don’t consider myself skinny, more of a slim (hey, I do have small love handles too when I sit down ) not sure about petite tho

Thoughts? Let’s keep the convo healthy please "

I know what you mean. It seems that sometimes, prose in body shape tends to focus on those who are large, and in some cases those who are slim are even demonised.

Megan traynor, for example, sings “every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top”, then without a hint of irony refers to slim women as “skinny bitches”. So everyone is entitled to pride in their body shape as long as they’re not slim, it seems.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My purely personal observations are that there are many more threads complimenting curvy women than complimenting slim women and that if a thread is started complimenting slim women it almost always ends badly. There are also many more pejorative statements made about slim women that are allowed to pass.

I don't know why that is."

Thank you! My point exactly, that’s my perception of how I see it around the forum in particular.

But it made me wonder as I keep seeing certain threads as you mentioned and there are certain neg statements made about slim women that are allowed to be said

I sort of pondered about writing about this for that reason u mentioned above to be honest

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My purely personal observations are that there are many more threads complimenting curvy women than complimenting slim women and that if a thread is started complimenting slim women it almost always ends badly. There are also many more pejorative statements made about slim women that are allowed to pass.

Pass unchallenged by others I mean not actually abusive

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I think slim women do get complimented but not specifically for being slim like curvy women do for having curves.

Please explain further? X "

So curvy woman would be complimented on her thighs, hips boobs etc. Things that accentuate her curviness. Slim women generally get called hot or fit which isn't specific to her being slim. Unless you like when guys say they could throw you around

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I would say that slim women do get celebrated but it’s much the same as straight people asking why they don’t get pride; because society celebrates slim women every day in a way that curvy isn’t.

It’s very rare to see slim women be dismissed in any meaningful way in favour of fuller figured women but I’d say that it’s a novelty to see the love aimed that way

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I keep sort of seeing it around the forum (particularly) how slim and petite don’t seem to particularly get many compliments (or even be acknowledged) as it’s all about them sexy curves.

I know what you mean. It seems that sometimes, prose in body shape tends to focus on those who are large, and in some cases those who are slim are even demonised.

Megan traynor, for example, sings “every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top”, then without a hint of irony refers to slim women as “skinny bitches”. So everyone is entitled to pride in their body shape as long as they’re not slim, it seems.

"

I think everyone is entitled to be proud of their body, obviously. And potentially things in the real world are sort of different and easier for slim women. I don’t know..

But what you said about Meghan Traynor that she could say “skinny bitches” in a song, I’m sure would have not been accepted if another singer would have said something like that, about plus sizes.

And I mean rightfully so! Cos that’s offensive

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I’m exactly the same as you OP. I have some love handles and I’m slim too but have a bit of cushion on my bum.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything negative or a disliking to women who are slim like us tbh "

I don’t think op is saying that skim ladies have negative stuff said about them, more they are not mentioned / applauded / celebrated as much as large ladies, who are often referred to as having “real” bodies ... a direct insult to those of smaller frame.

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

In a society where the slim are held up as ideal, it isn't unusual for those that aren't to be over compensated for.

If you are ideal, the perception maybe that you know it and don't need to be told you are wanted.

Not sure if it applies to Fab, but your experience may indicate it isn't.

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

That’s the beauty of woman, we come in all different shapes and sizes, I’d consider myself slim but I’ve got curves, I think woman should be appreciated for the confidence they radiate, a woman comfortable in her own skin will always shine

Personally I think you look beautiful OP xx

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

I love petite women as much as women with curves.

Also as a slim guy I'd love to be celebrated on a Thursday

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I would say that slim women do get celebrated but it’s much the same as straight people asking why they don’t get pride; because society celebrates slim women every day in a way that curvy isn’t.

It’s very rare to see slim women be dismissed in any meaningful way in favour of fuller figured women but I’d say that it’s a novelty to see the love aimed that way"

I get that, but almost being afraid to speak out and say, hey .. I’m slim.

Or guys who are afraid to say “yup, I do like slim women” seem sort of .. strange! That’s all

My perception is that most men do find curvier bods more sexy

While women tend to be the one to want to be slimmer or skinnier. (I have to say I fell in that trap of… omg, if only I was smaller)

Who knows tho! Maybe I’m talking nonsense

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

I think everyone is entitled to be proud of their body, obviously. And potentially things in the real world are sort of different and easier for slim women. I don’t know..

But what you said about Meghan Traynor that she could say “skinny bitches” in a song, I’m sure would have not been accepted if another singer would have said something like that, about plus sizes.

And I mean rightfully so! Cos that’s offensive

"

Imagine if Megan traynor’s song was the other way around ... lauding the virtues of having a small waist, flat midriff and a firm ass ... and then slagging off “fat bitches” in the next line. She would have been slaughtered for that!

Positivity re body image does not have to be at anyone else’s expense.

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I think you only have to look at the hot pics section to see that the slimmer body type is more than appreciated on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything negative or a disliking to women who are slim like us tbh

I don’t think op is saying that skim ladies have negative stuff said about them, more they are not mentioned / applauded / celebrated as much as large ladies, who are often referred to as having “real” bodies ... a direct insult to those of smaller frame.

"

Yes and it seems like “omg you cant mention slim women or that you may be into them because u might offend”

I don’t need to be told I’m pretty btw or that I’m wanted.. it just seems strange that there’s this underlying thing going on

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I think we all think the grass is greener on the other side.

I see love for all various types of figures on here.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've a friend who is curvy/bbw she has variously called me a "skinny cow", sat opposite me without the faintest awareness of insulting me wearing a tee shirt saying "bigger women give better cuddles", when I had a wardrobe malfunction while we were out laughed and said "you shouldn't be so bloody skinny" there are more examples but you get the picture.

Now imagine I said similar things to her using her size. It's never ok to use a person's body size or shape in connection with insults.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think you only have to look at the hot pics section to see that the slimmer body type is more than appreciated on here "

I think there are plenty of beautiful curvy ladies who also get to page 1 no problem

Tho look at the latest thread curvy vs SKINNY on the sex section xx

There’s barely anything positive said about “skinny” women

Reply privately

over a year ago

While I find you very attractive And like the petite element, I’m a pretty big guy at 6ft 5 and 21 stone heavy so there is an element The pairing doesn’t work but always happy to pass on compliments

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I would say that slim women do get celebrated but it’s much the same as straight people asking why they don’t get pride; because society celebrates slim women every day in a way that curvy isn’t.

It’s very rare to see slim women be dismissed in any meaningful way in favour of fuller figured women but I’d say that it’s a novelty to see the love aimed that way

Or guys who are afraid to say “yup, I do like slim women” seem sort of .. strange! That’s all

While women tend to be the one to want to be slimmer or skinnier. (I have to say I fell in that trap of… omg, if only I was smaller)

Who knows tho! Maybe I’m talking nonsense "

In normal life, some blokes prefer slim girls, some prefer curvier girls, and then in most cases preferences go out the window when they meet someone who is fun and catches their eye or makes them laugh.

On fab, because of that lack of social interaction, most stated preferences are theoretical.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’d say your way off there.

Slim women are fairly well received on here and I’d imagine don’t get nearly the same abuse as bigger women do.

"

The perfection on the forum says otherwise. Not sure how it is outside of the forum tho..

It seems very much like “shhh don’t mention slim girls”

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I think you only have to look at the hot pics section to see that the slimmer body type is more than appreciated on here

I think there are plenty of beautiful curvy ladies who also get to page 1 no problem

Tho look at the latest thread curvy vs SKINNY on the sex section xx

There’s barely anything positive said about “skinny” women "

It always depends on the thread though and who is speaking. I've been on threads saying where people who are my size, look unhealthy. Or that my boobs looks matronly. That I don't have stamina for vigerous sex. Etc etc etc. Then others days on a different thread I'm a goddess. Fab is fickle I wouldn't read too much into it.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Yes and it seems like “omg you cant mention slim women or that you may be into them because u might offend”

I don’t need to be told I’m pretty btw or that I’m wanted.. it just seems strange that there’s this underlying thing going on "

If a bloke openly states that he prefers slim fit girls, the chances are that he will be accused of being superficial. I might be wrong, but I have heard that accusation often enough in civvie life

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

The perfection on the forum says otherwise. Not sure how it is outside of the forum tho..

"

I personally get a lot of abuse via messages on my size. Admittedly not so much on the forum. I personally block any man who puts down slimmer women to try and get in my knickers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who knows tho! Maybe I’m talking nonsense

In normal life, some blokes prefer slim girls, some prefer curvier girls, and then in most cases preferences go out the window when they meet someone who is fun and catches their eye or makes them laugh.

On fab, because of that lack of social interaction, most stated preferences are theoretical. "

I guess that's like women's legs isn't it - Apparently 18% of men like big legs, 12% like thin legs and all the rest prefer something in-between ...OK I'm leaving

Reply privately

over a year ago

I personally get a lot of abuse via messages on my size. Admittedly not so much on the forum. I personally block any man who puts down slimmer women to try and get in my knickers. "

Im sorry you get messages of abuse about your size, that definitely isn’t right!!

At the end we are all different and we should all celebrate our differences in good ways x

It is just strange how things are around here

Again , I wanna point out I don’t need to be told I’m pretty because I’m slim, just don’t want to feel weird about being my body size

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I notice a similar bias towards older women. There's not so much bad stuff aimed at younger women but there's a lot of talking up the virtues of older ladies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

While I find you very attractive And like the petite element, I’m a pretty big guy at 6ft 5 and 21 stone heavy so there is an element The pairing doesn’t work but always happy to pass on compliments "

Hi tall guy

Reply privately

By *ustSomeDarkieMan
over a year ago

Salford

"Looking at this thread most who are only looking for youngsters so that might be your problem?

I never had a problem about myself as I get plenty of men, I am just wondering how come slim bodies aren’t celebrated equally as curvier bodies , particularly on fab forum. that’s all

I one where you coming from. This is a few many of my mates that are slim feel. Especially since there are never any parties devoted to slim women like there are for curvy nights.

I've seen it myself when at clubs lots of the slim and trim girls are left wondering where are all the men and next they see them coming out of the rooms with the fatter girls.

Hell's it accepted to call slim women too skinny or not a real woman cuz she won't have weight on her. However if you refer to any woman other than curvy, you get shit for it

It seems all hush hush "

Reply privately

over a year ago

While I find you very attractive And like the petite element, I’m a pretty big guy at 6ft 5 and 21 stone heavy so there is an element The pairing doesn’t work but always happy to pass on compliments

Hi tall guy "

Hey!

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

I personally get a lot of abuse via messages on my size. Admittedly not so much on the forum. I personally block any man who puts down slimmer women to try and get in my knickers.

Im sorry you get messages of abuse about your size, that definitely isn’t right!!

At the end we are all different and we should all celebrate our differences in good ways x

Again , I wanna point out I don’t need to be told I’m pretty because I’m slim, just don’t want to feel weird about being my body size "

Being pretty and being slim are two different things. Hence the viz term “bobfoc”, which stood for body off baywatch face off crimewatch.

But for what it is worth you are both slim and fantastically pretty

Reply privately

over a year ago

Again , I wanna point out I don’t need to be told I’m pretty because I’m slim, just don’t want to feel weird about being my body size

Being pretty and being slim are two different things. Hence the viz term “bobfoc”, which stood for body off baywatch face off crimewatch.

But for what it is worth you are both slim and fantastically pretty "

Thanks Jimmy!

I meant you know like when people say you are so sexy as you have amazing curves…

Kinda like that

I know that slim and pretty don’t always go hand in hand

Reply privately

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I personally prefer a slim and petite build

Then I get told something like 'real women have curves' which seems fucking insulting

Real women have all sorts of shapes

I'm in the gym a lot too so I definitely enjoy a more muscular feminine physique

I feel really bad for those girls as men say dumb shit like 'she looks like a guy' (oddly enough, the guy that says that always looks like shit)

Reply privately

By *siancouplehantsCouple
over a year ago

K-PAX

Slim and petite here

never had a negative comment on fab in the 4 years we been on here but my pics does not get half as many fabs compared to others on here....just an observation

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That’s the beauty of woman, we come in all different shapes and sizes, I’d consider myself slim but I’ve got curves, I think woman should be appreciated for the confidence they radiate, a woman comfortable in her own skin will always shine

Personally I think you look beautiful OP xx"

Your body is amazing!!! Like you know it x

Hopefully once I get my boobs done I’ll look less of a skinny mix and more of a sexy cereal goddess

Im waiting for you in London for that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hi tall guy

Hey! "

Also if it helps….you’re top of my Hotlist

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think what we really need is more acknowledgement of body positivity in general! Draw attention to “beautiful people” of all shapes, sizes and personalities instead of putting people in categories

Whatever size you are you still have curves no matter how big or small and I’m happy to embrace my own and others equally!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Slim and petite here

never had a negative comment on fab in the 4 years we been on here but my pics does not get half as many fabs compared to others on here....just an observation"

You have a great body x

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

It is strange how curvy women seem to think the worlds against then, now slim women think the world is against them too

Could it possibly be a bit if confirmation bias where you are ignoring the positive and focusing on the negative

I bet every slim woman’s profile on here gets flooded with messages daily, just like every curvy woman’s profile

Do you want a parade cheering for slim women?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No need to feel weird about your body size. You've got a fantastic figure.

Threads like curvy vs skinny I wouldn't read, because I dont like that kind of comparison.

Also, notice how it's not curvy vs slim, the word skinny is used, which is evocative. Using the word skinny is like using the word fat. Those words just aren't pleasant.

Reply privately

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Perfect

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No need to feel weird about your body size. You've got a fantastic figure.

Threads like curvy vs skinny I wouldn't read, because I dont like that kind of comparison.

Also, notice how it's not curvy vs slim, the word skinny is used, which is evocative. Using the word skinny is like using the word fat. Those words just aren't pleasant.

"

This!!!

Reply privately

By *siancouplehantsCouple
over a year ago

K-PAX

"Slim and petite here

never had a negative comment on fab in the 4 years we been on here but my pics does not get half as many fabs compared to others on here....just an observation

You have a great body x "

Thank you

your body is like ...wow

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is strange how curvy women seem to think the worlds against then, now slim women think the world is against them too

Could it possibly be a bit if confirmation bias where you are ignoring the positive and focusing on the negative

I bet every slim woman’s profile on here gets flooded with messages daily, just like every curvy woman’s profile

Do you want a parade cheering for slim women? "

I definitely don’t want a parade cheering for slim women. Never said that that’s what I’m demanding

I know for a fact no man has turned me down because Im not curvy enough … (tho I do feel like curvy seems to be preferred by men , generally speaking)

Again, I’m just wondering why people around here are made somehow feel guilty to say

“Yes Im a slim woman and that’s my body”

Or for guys to feel guilty to vocalise

“yes I do like slim women”

I’ve had conversation with men who did feel that way, and it just made me wonder why , that’s all!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No need to feel weird about your body size. You've got a fantastic figure.

"

Totes! I agree

Skinny is definitely a pejorative, in my mind. I have been called that a few times, and I hate it

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"It is strange how curvy women seem to think the worlds against then, now slim women think the world is against them too

Do you want a parade cheering for slim women?

I definitely don’t want a parade cheering for slim women. Never said that that’s what I’m demanding

I know for a fact no man has turned me down because Im not curvy enough … (tho I do feel like curvy seems to be preferred by men , generally speaking)

Again, I’m just wondering why people around here are made somehow feel guilty to say

“Yes Im a slim woman and that’s my body”

Or for guys to feel guilty to vocalise

“yes I do like slim women”

I’ve had conversation with men who did feel that way, and it just made me wonder why , that’s all!"

The body positivity movement has made it so if you don’t get instantly hard at the sight of an obese woman you are fat phobic

It’s their moment right now. Slim women had the spot light for like 30 years in the late 1900s. Any attempt at taking their moment away from then is seen as treason

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

Arr that song!! Such a shame it was ruined by shaming slim/skinny women.

As someone who has always struggled with keeping weight on, the vulgarity for both those classed as over under weight and over weight are equal. It just seems a little more socially acceptable to shame someone underweight.

It’s crazy the amount of people that feel they need to tell you to eat a burger or to stop putting your fingers down your throat and so on, both in person and online, from friends, family and strangers! But you know it’s ok because I’m underweight so obviously I don’t eat and make myself sick . It’s not really something people get pulled up on either for a lot.

We also aren’t classed as “real women” apparently

Personally I don’t see the need to put anyone down to lift myself, why would anyone want to make another feel bad about something, so many can’t help. It’s shocking really.

Stress causes weight loss for me and it can be a serious struggle to regain. This has been my whole life and tbh it’s surprising how many think it’s acceptable, just because they think I “look anorexic” they can pass judgment ..

I couldn’t imagine having to struggle with anorexia and have to deal with ignorant comments on top.

Every single women is beautiful in her own right, I think people just need to stop trying to compare with standard they won’t reach, I’ll never be able to get the shape I want! Physically impossible even with surgery lol, doesn’t mean I have to hate on those that naturally have it.

Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yah this. From looking at slim women's profiles they seem to be far more successful. Whereas just today I got a message from someone I've never spoken to before calling me a fat cunt and to leave some mince pies for others this Xmas

There seems to be more compliments for bigger women on the forums for a multitude of reasons. To reassure women that they are beautiful, to share love for a body type that has been historically looked down upon by society, and unfortunately for a small number of people they feel that complimenting bigger women will get them more action because they assume we're more desperate than our slimmer counterparts (totally not the case).

And of course there's a lot of men that are genuinely into curvy ladies, but that doesn't mean they don't like slim women too

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Who knows tho! Maybe I’m talking nonsense "

I feel that guys wanting slim women is kind of the default in society, so it needs to be expressed that they like other body types as well.

It should never be that anyone is afraid or ashamed to love their body shape

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

"That’s the beauty of woman, we come in all different shapes and sizes, I’d consider myself slim but I’ve got curves, I think woman should be appreciated for the confidence they radiate, a woman comfortable in her own skin will always shine

Personally I think you look beautiful OP xx

Your body is amazing!!! Like you know it x

Hopefully once I get my boobs done I’ll look less of a skinny mix and more of a sexy cereal goddess

Im waiting for you in London for that

"

I’d eat cereal with you and flash our boobies regardless of your size darling! Your a beautiful woman just own what you’ve got! Xx

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Yah this. From looking at slim women's profiles they seem to be far more successful. Whereas just today I got a message from someone I've never spoken to before calling me a fat cunt and to leave some mince pies for others this Xmas

There seems to be more compliments for bigger women on the forums for a multitude of reasons. To reassure women that they are beautiful, to share love for a body type that has been historically looked down upon by society, and unfortunately for a small number of people they feel that complimenting bigger women will get them more action because they assume we're more desperate than our slimmer counterparts (totally not the case).

And of course there's a lot of men that are genuinely into curvy ladies, but that doesn't mean they don't like slim women too "

Glad you can give you experiences

I actually think the statement “slim women are looked down upon on here” from someone that’s never experienced the other side of the coin in both naive and a little offensive.

As Amber said, bigger women often get abuse for no reason on here, something OP has zero experience in because she’s incredibly slim.

But the lack of attention on the forums is = to some of the disgusting messages bigger women will receive from complete strangers on here.

Yeah I feel your way off and your complaining while say on an extremely high and slim horse

Reply privately

By *ymbunnyfitCouple
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I seem to get complemented or messages every day witch is very flattering and horny. As I'm tiny size 6-8 with tiny boobs so thanks guys. It's lovely knowing all shapes are appreciated xx

Reply privately

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

I suspect its partially because the majority of people in the UK are overweight (67% of men and 60% of women) and for women in particular the amount of these who are obese is very high (29% of all women compared to 26% of men). Given that roughly 2/3 women on here are statistically likely to be overweight it is unsurprising than the guys are going to be careful how they phrase preferences around weight - women interested in you are hard enough to find without upsetting 60% of the few available.

On top of that being overweight has a social stigma. It is widely known that it is bad for your health plus the beauty standard for women is generally portrayed as slim/athletic. Given the stigma attached to being overweight it is understandable that overweight people are more likely than average to be unhappy with their bodies so be more sensitive to criticism whether real or imagined and people do in general try to avoid upsetting others so will be likely to avoid 'fat shaming'

As for the apparent acceptance of negative comments about slim people, being slim doesn't have the negative connotations of being overweight therefore there is a belief that slim people are not going to be body conscious so it's ok to make comments.

There's probably loads of other stuff mixed in, jealousy, insecurity, beliefs that maintaining an athletic physique implies a degree of narcissm, that obviously spending time in the gym makes you shallow and even thick etc etc.

Then we are all more sensitive to insults even imagined ones that we see as being aimed at the group we identify as part of so fat people will notice comments about being overweight and thin people will notice comments about being skinny.

For me, personality carries more weight (no pun intended) than body shape.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Arr that song!! Such a shame it was ruined by shaming slim/skinny women.

As someone who has always struggled with keeping weight on, the vulgarity for both those classed as over under weight and over weight are equal. It just seems a little more socially acceptable to shame someone underweight.

It’s crazy the amount of people that feel they need to tell you to eat a burger or to stop putting your fingers down your throat and so on, both in person and online, from friends, family and strangers! But you know it’s ok because I’m underweight so obviously I don’t eat and make myself sick . It’s not really something people get pulled up on either for a lot.

We also aren’t classed as “real women” apparently

Personally I don’t see the need to put anyone down to lift myself, why would anyone want to make another feel bad about something, so many can’t help. It’s shocking really.

Stress causes weight loss for me and it can be a serious struggle to regain. This has been my whole life and tbh it’s surprising how many think it’s acceptable, just because they think I “look anorexic” they can pass judgment ..

I couldn’t imagine having to struggle with anorexia and have to deal with ignorant comments on top.

Every single women is beautiful in her own right, I think people just need to stop trying to compare with standard they won’t reach, I’ll never be able to get the shape I want! Physically impossible even with surgery lol, doesn’t mean I have to hate on those that naturally have it.

Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant "

The whole “are you eating enough?” “have you lost weight? U are looking thin”

I’ve heard it all really!

luckily even tho I don’t put weight on easy, my face looks healthy and full

So I don’t look hollow and that doesn’t give me the “YOU NEED TO EAT MORE DAHLINGGG” kinda vibe

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Slim women are fairly well received on here... unfortunately for a small number of people they feel that complimenting bigger women will get them more action because they assume we're more desperate than our slimmer counterparts (totally not the case).

And of course there's a lot of men that are genuinely into curvy ladies, but that doesn't mean they don't like slim women too "

Yes, I'd agree with this.

Admittedly the threads on slim women tend to go to shit ridiculously quickly but from the fair few I've read, it's because a disparaging remark is made about larger women and then the whole thread gets taken over with outrage. Not all of the time! Slim women don't get threads asking if they can wash properly because of their size, they get a lot of admiration from men on the forum - take a look at a thread where they're asked to name a hot woman on Fab etc. Slim, the vast majority. That shape is seen as the ideal, not needing confirmation/reassurance of that.

All that being typed - slim women are sexy. Women are sexy without all being identikit clones. No one, regardless of shape or size should have to deal with shitty comments.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And of course there's a lot of men that are genuinely into curvy ladies, but that doesn't mean they don't like slim women too

I actually think the statement “slim women are looked down upon on here” from someone that’s never experienced the other side of the coin in both naive and a little offensive.

As Amber said, bigger women often get abuse for no reason on here, something OP has zero experience in because she’s incredibly slim.

But the lack of attention on the forums is = to some of the disgusting messages bigger women will receive from complete strangers on here.

Yeah I feel your way off and your complaining while say on an extremely high and slim horse "

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah I feel your way off and your complaining while say on an extremely high and slim horse

Incredibly slim

Jeez … "

Ill make sure I go eat some more so I might get some more ass and thighs and can upgrade to a normal body type

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Slim women are fairly well received on here... unfortunately for a small number of people they feel that complimenting bigger women will get them more action because they assume we're more desperate than our slimmer counterparts (totally not the case).

Yes, I'd agree with this.

Admittedly the threads on slim women tend to go to shit ridiculously quickly but from the fair few I've read, it's because a disparaging remark is made about larger women and then the whole thread gets taken over with outrage. Not all of the time! Slim women don't get threads asking if they can wash properly because of their size, they get a lot of admiration from men on the forum - take a look at a thread where they're asked to name a hot woman on Fab etc. Slim, the vast majority. That shape is seen as the ideal, not needing confirmation/reassurance of that.

All that being typed - slim women are sexy. Women are sexy without all being identikit clones. No one, regardless of shape or size should have to deal with shitty comments. "

Yes, all of this Meli ! I’d forgotten about that thread too, it was awful.

Reply privately

By *heirry84Man
over a year ago

Midlands

It might be people knowing the market. I've noticed there are a lot of plus sized women on here, well a higher ratio than in life, so guys may just be trying to increase their chances of playing.

Also, like others have mentioned: it could also be that slim and in shape is the standard of beauty we are raised with. So those that aren't attracted to this may be venting their pent up sexual tension. They may be looked down upon for this if they did it elsewhere.

Me personally I think there's beauty in all shapes, ages, sizes and colours. Can never understand when people explicitly state they don't like something.

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I don't know why that is.

I suspect its partially because the majority of people in the UK are overweight (67% of men and 60% of women) and for women in particular the amount of these who are obese is very high (29% of all women compared to 26% of men). Given that roughly 2/3 women on here are statistically likely to be overweight it is unsurprising than the guys are going to be careful how they phrase preferences around weight - women interested in you are hard enough to find without upsetting 60% of the few available.

On top of that being overweight has a social stigma. It is widely known that it is bad for your health plus the beauty standard for women is generally portrayed as slim/athletic. Given the stigma attached to being overweight it is understandable that overweight people are more likely than average to be unhappy with their bodies so be more sensitive to criticism whether real or imagined and people do in general try to avoid upsetting others so will be likely to avoid 'fat shaming'

As for the apparent acceptance of negative comments about slim people, being slim doesn't have the negative connotations of being overweight therefore there is a belief that slim people are not going to be body conscious so it's ok to make comments.

There's probably loads of other stuff mixed in, jealousy, insecurity, beliefs that maintaining an athletic physique implies a degree of narcissm, that obviously spending time in the gym makes you shallow and even thick etc etc.

Then we are all more sensitive to insults even imagined ones that we see as being aimed at the group we identify as part of so fat people will notice comments about being overweight and thin people will notice comments about being skinny.

For me, personality carries more weight (no pun intended) than body shape.

Mr"

Exactly this. Well put, Sir.

And Kylie, I'll happily start the parade mentioned earlier, LOL!

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

Ill make sure I go eat some more so I might get some more ass and thighs and can upgrade to a normal body type "

Do you not feel your pushing a negative again by assuming slim is a negative?

Are you saying being slim isn’t a normal body type? Aren’t you doing exactly what this thread is against?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Slim and petite are super hot - as are you OP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

Ill make sure I go eat some more so I might get some more ass and thighs and can upgrade to a normal body type

Are you saying being slim isn’t a normal body type? Aren’t you doing exactly what this thread is against? "

You mentioned me as incredibly slim and from memory, you did say that you aren’t particular fan of slim/skinny women from previous threads, so it came across as a little dig from you.

That’s all

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

One explanation is that many guys here for some strange reason think bigger women are less picky and easy so go out the way to worship large to try and increase chances of getting laid

Reply privately

over a year ago

Slim and petite are super hot - as are you OP."

I mean thanks, but again, it’s not about needing to hear that … but more like, why does it feel like talking also about slim women would be frowned upon

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I keep sort of seeing it around the forum (particularly) how slim and petite …..

I don’t know if it’s my perception but it seems like slim bodied women are sort of looked down on fab. ….

"

I always look down on tiny petite women….

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

Are you saying being slim isn’t a normal body type? Aren’t you doing exactly what this thread is against?

You mentioned me as incredibly slim and from memory, you did say that you aren’t particular fan of slim/skinny women from previous threads, so it came across as a little dig from you.

That’s all "

No dig, it just feels like you’ve decided slim is a negative and the world is against you, when it really isn’t.

As I said before, your body type was the text book definition of attractiveness for at least 30 years in the last 1900s and it’s still considered attractive and sought after now. Curvy girls are getting some praise now too. Everyone’s getting praise. But you want a little more praise.

Honestly, I think it’s confirmation bias and your own negative thought patterns on insecurities in your body type. Which we all have btw. It’s not a negative ti have them, but to project it into here just feels very off to me

Reply privately

By *m NormalMan
over a year ago

Telford

Personally, I much prefer slim, petite, small, even skinny women, and when they have small or almost no breasts at all. I'm a straight guy, the more a woman looks like an under age man, or just looks under age in general the more attractive they are to me. Do not take that as I want an under age person.

So all you small, fast chested big chested, gym fit, skinny, whatever you describe yourself, come and beat your way to my profile and I will appreciate you more than you can imagine.

Yes I do like women that are larger than the OP, I don't really make a distinction just expressing a preference

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Personally, I much prefer slim, petite, small, even skinny women, and when they have small or almost no breasts at all. I'm a straight guy, the more a woman looks like an under age man, or just looks under age in general the more attractive they are to me. Do not take that as I want an under age person.

So all you small, fast chested big chested, gym fit, skinny, whatever you describe yourself, come and beat your way to my profile and I will appreciate you more than you can imagine.

Yes I do like women that are larger than the OP, I don't really make a distinction just expressing a preference "

Yeah so if any woman like to identify their body type as “under age man” form and orderly queue for this guy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

That’s all

No dig, it just feels like you’ve decided slim is a negative and the world is against you, when it really isn’t.

As I said before, your body type was the text book definition of attractiveness for at least 30 years in the last 1900s and it’s still considered attractive and sought after now. Curvy girls are getting some praise now too. Everyone’s getting praise. But you want a little more praise.

Honestly, I think it’s confirmation bias and your own negative thought patterns on insecurities in your body type. Which we all have btw. It’s not a negative ti have them, but to project it into here just feels very off to me "

You kinda proved me something tho, which is what I sort of had an idea about , when writing the thread

Which is… “ you are slim , you fall into a standard of beauty and you get praised for it everyday and in real life. So shut the F up and just sit down because you already have enough attention”

My point of when I said of me being afraid of even mentioning slim or men who like slim women, is in fact, totally real.

It isn’t about me having one up on others, and I’d say the only thing that probably saves me, is my face. But that’s another story

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I’d say it’s more the fact I feel you’ve undermined the absolute atrocious treatment bigger women get on here and in real life because if they’re size

Like men regularly message bigger women on here with the thought of “oh she’s big I’m the best she can get she should be pleased to get any offers”. Just horrible stuff.

It’s not that your a standard of beauty so sit down, I just feel like you’ve naively complained about being on the better side of the deal when it comes to how body types are received on here.

Reply privately

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I’d like to be slim … and still eat like a pig and would not care what people thought on fab or elsewhere.

I wouldn’t “chose” to be skinny though and I’m aware that it’s seldom a choice, whereas my abundant curves are definitely self inflicted

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

That’s all

Honestly, I think it’s confirmation bias and your own negative thought patterns on insecurities in your body type. Which we all have btw. It’s not a negative ti have them, but to project it into here just feels very off to me "

Seriously? A quick scan on forums will show the number of bbw type appreciation threads over a month vs these type of threads and the content of above confirms the point made by the OP, when did a bbw appreciation thread result in accusations like that ? It’s just all love for the curves

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"I’d like to be slim … and still eat like a pig and would not care what people thought on fab or elsewhere.

I wouldn’t “chose” to be skinny though and I’m aware that it’s seldom a choice, whereas my abundant curves are definitely self inflicted

"

Feel free to inflict those curves on me. Again

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The whole “are you eating enough?” “have you lost weight? U are looking thin”

I’ve heard it all really!

luckily even tho I don’t put weight on easy, my face looks healthy and full

So I don’t look hollow and that doesn’t give me the “YOU NEED TO EAT MORE DAHLINGGG” kinda vibe "

I’ve recently managed to get Back to size 8 so not as “skinny” but Around 2018-2020 I was a little smaller than a size 4 again, my lowest dropping below 6st . It’s funny how people don’t see slimmer women do also get random abuse due to their weight.

I added a couple of pics, from 2019 I was tiny at the time tbh, took some work to gain again . It’s not all compliments and praise as some like to think, just because we are slim.

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Sorry my quote button is broken. I've seen nasty comments made about slimmer women on the forums, for some reason some people seem to think it's socially acceptable to have a little dig at the slimmer figured person. I will never be slim but I do hate to see the nastiness and always make a point of calling it out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’d say it’s more the fact I feel you’ve undermined the absolute atrocious treatment bigger women get on here and in real life because if they’re size

Like men regularly message bigger women on here with the thought of “oh she’s big I’m the best she can get she should be pleased to get any offers”. Just horrible stuff.

It’s not that your a standard of beauty so sit down, I just feel like you’ve naively complained about being on the better side of the deal when it comes to how body types are received on here."

You said “SLIM WOMEN HAVE BEEN PRAISED FOR YEARS and are what are considered a standard of beauty”

I’m freaking trans I know I’m not a standard of beauty

Jesus, stop twisting my words

Reply privately

over a year ago

Incredibly slim

Jeez …

That’s all

Honestly, I think it’s confirmation bias and your own negative thought patterns on insecurities in your body type. Which we all have btw. It’s not a negative ti have them, but to project it into here just feels very off to me

Seriously? A quick scan on forums will show the number of bbw type appreciation threads over a month vs these type of threads and the content of above confirms the point made by the OP, when did a bbw appreciation thread result in accusations like that ? It’s just all love for the curves "

Thank you! X exactly that

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"I’d say it’s more the fact I feel you’ve undermined the absolute atrocious treatment bigger women get on here and in real life because if they’re size

It’s not that your a standard of beauty so sit down, I just feel like you’ve naively complained about being on the better side of the deal when it comes to how body types are received on here."

I'm not sure that's what she was saying, mate. Will get back in my box, but I thought the point was that it's not necessarily the "better side of the deal" as people seem to be afraid to praise or state a preference for slimmer women. I obviously don't check out a huge number of straight guys' profiles but anecdotally I'd say most do seem to suggest a preference for "curvy" or "larger" ladies etc, and the number of threads "in praise of the BBW" is definitely bigger than the reverse (nothing against that of course!).

Can't see anything in the OP's original point or comments that belittles or downplays any abuse larger women might receive from idiotic guys, which is obviously unacceptable (and I hope they're reporting).

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I guess the question comes down to what’s better

The odd bbw appreciation thread on the forums

Or daily insults and abuse in your inbox based on your size

I’m sure many of the BBWs on here can comment that as nice as those forum posts are, the vile messages they receive on the daily isn’t worth it

Why don’t you start a slim appreciate post K? Be the change you want to see in the world

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s not that your a standard of beauty so sit down, I just feel like you’ve naively complained about being on the better side of the deal when it comes to how body types are received on here.

I'm not sure that's what she was saying, mate. Will get back in my box, but I thought the point was that it's not necessarily the "better side of the deal" as people seem to be afraid to praise or state a preference for slimmer women. I obviously don't check out a huge number of straight guys' profiles but anecdotally I'd say most do seem to suggest a preference for "curvy" or "larger" ladies etc, and the number of threads "in praise of the BBW" is definitely bigger than the reverse (nothing against that of course!).

Can't see anything in the OP's original point or comments that belittles or downplays any abuse larger women might receive from idiotic guys, which is obviously unacceptable (and I hope they're reporting)."

In all fairness he managed to sort of dig or put me down in every way possible while never getting my point…

Doesn’t surprise me anyway

And I did point out putting larger women down and sending abusive messages isn’t acceptable at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I guess the question comes down to what’s better

I’m sure many of the BBWs on here can comment that as nice as those forum posts are, the vile messages they receive on the daily isn’t worth it

Why don’t you start a slim appreciate post K? Be the change you want to see in the world "

Because I’m actually unsure whether to post it, and talk about it. Because as you said “slim women already have it easy” so we need to sit down and shut up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think you only have to look at the hot pics section to see that the slimmer body type is more than appreciated on here "

I was just to comment and say the same. Totally agree.

Reply privately

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

I adore petite.

Don’t feel down, it’s just part of the current culture. Supporting women of all types which I support of course, but not at the expense of more petite ladies feeling down about themselves.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why don’t you start a slim appreciate post K? Be the change you want to see in the world

Because I’m actually unsure whether to post it, and talk about it. Because as you said “slim women already have it easy” so we need to sit down and shut up "

Now whose putting words in whose mouth

If your not willing to start it you can’t moan about the lack of praise

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I adore petite.

Don’t feel down, it’s just part of the current culture. Supporting women of all types which I support of course, but not at the expense of more petite ladies feeling down about themselves. "

Trust me I don’t feel down! don’t get me wrong

It was more like me wondering why it seems like this round here, that’s all

I personally never been turned out about my body type or at least, not yet x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because I’m actually unsure whether to post it, and talk about it. Because as you said “slim women already have it easy” so we need to sit down and shut up

If your not willing to start it you can’t moan about the lack of praise"

Whenever I started an appreciation thread about a slim woman … for example, Zendaya. Either nothing much was said about it and didn’t get comments or you’d read from men how her body is too slim.

And that was an appreciation thread about someone slim

But whatevs

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I think you're right op they are on these fora. No idea why. There's some amazingly sexy slim, petite ladies on here. That's not saying others don't find others attractive too.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

If your not willing to start it you can’t moan about the lack of praise

Whenever I started an appreciation thread about a slim woman … for example, Zendaya. Either nothing much was said about it and didn’t get comments or you’d read from men how her body is too slim.

And that was an appreciation thread about someone slim

But whatevs

"

You make one about slim women and I’ll make one about short guys and let’s see who gets the attention they crave

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think they are looked down on, you only have to look at the hot photos to see the body types that are appreciated the most. As a society, we are moulded to think that our body shapes are abnormal if we aren't petite or slim.. that's why women who are more curver are encouraged to love their bodies and talked about more. It's time we stop worrying about how others see us and love the skin we are in.

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

I love a smaller lady but I also like sexy lady's

Now I know lots of laydys with small busts want to be big,and yes the big girls want small we all want what we don't have.

But Sexy is a thing from within it's not a look.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think they are looked down on, you only have to look at the hot photos to see the body types that are appreciated the most. As a society, we are moulded to think that our body shapes are abnormal if we aren't petite or slim.. that's why women who are more curver are encouraged to love their bodies and talked about more. It's time we stop worrying about how others see us and love the skin we are in."

You are absolutely right and you only need to walk into any high street women's clothes store to see anyone isn't of average height or between a size 10 and 16 is "orthered" Plus size and petite sections being a prime example.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now I know lots of laydys with small busts want to be big,and yes the big girls want small we all want what we don't have.

But Sexy is a thing from within it's not a look. "

Totally this. Sexy is an attitude not a body type.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perceptions, always perceptions. My preference is slim to average. Curvy is a shape not a size. Hence, a woman can be petite, but curvy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Totally this. Sexy is an attitude not a body type."

My friend, who is always brutally honest with me, floored me the other week when he randomly pointed out I always give off a "sexy and seductive" vibe on nights out. Was shocked to hear that, as a bigger woman, from a man who has known me very well for years and wasn't trying to get into my pants

Reply privately

over a year ago

I personally like both body types for different reasons, tho I've not been on the site for a very long time, I've noticed more curvy ladies on the site, so that might be why you get that perception. But it's just a guess tho

Reply privately

over a year ago

My friend, who is always brutally honest with me, floored me the other week when he randomly pointed out I always give off a "sexy and seductive" vibe on nights out. Was shocked to hear that, as a bigger woman, from a man who has known me very well for years and wasn't trying to get into my pants "

Having got to know you a little bit over the past couple of years I would completely agree with this. ( I'm also not trying to get into your pants)

Reply privately

over a year ago

My friend, who is always brutally honest with me, floored me the other week when he randomly pointed out I always give off a "sexy and seductive" vibe on nights out. Was shocked to hear that, as a bigger woman, from a man who has known me very well for years and wasn't trying to get into my pants "

I agree that sexy is an attitude and I bet you were a sexy betch dancing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think they are looked down on, you only have to look at the hot photos to see the body types that are appreciated the most. As a society, we are moulded to think that our body shapes are abnormal if we aren't petite or slim.. that's why women who are more curver are encouraged to love their bodies and talked about more. It's time we stop worrying about how others see us and love the skin we are in."

I have seen in some of these threads shaming or slimmer women though but again that seems more accepted.

Comparing slimmer women to a bone for a dog or even the wonderful phrase “I prefer real women to skinny women” or “I’d rather be a real women than a bone” (or something similar).

I mean these kind of comments get over looked in general not just on fab, as it’s not seen as shaming, simply because it’s slimmer or skinny women being the target.

If you are thought to be “too skinny” it’s fair game I guess.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I personally like both body types for different reasons, tho I've not been on the site for a very long time, I've noticed more curvy ladies on the site, so that might be why you get that perception. But it's just a guess tho"

Maybe that is why. It just seems like curvy is beautiful and skinny, is well… SHHH. You know you can’t talk about that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think they are looked down on, you only have to look at the hot photos to see the body types that are appreciated the most. As a society, we are moulded to think that our body shapes are abnormal if we aren't petite or slim.. that's why women who are more curver are encouraged to love their bodies and talked about more. It's time we stop worrying about how others see us and love the skin we are in.

I have seen in some of these threads shaming or slimmer women though but again that seems more accepted.

Comparing slimmer women to a bone for a dog or even the wonderful phrase “I prefer real women to skinny women” or “I’d rather be a real women than a bone” (or something similar).

I mean these kind of comments get over looked in general not just on fab, as it’s not seen as shaming, simply because it’s slimmer or skinny women being the target.

If you are thought to be “too skinny” it’s fair game I guess. "

Yes, it is often overlooked I think , when certain things are said about slim women.

As if it doesn’t matter, I don’t know it just seems all very strange

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yes, it is often overlooked I think , when certain things are said about slim women.

As if it doesn’t matter, I don’t know it just seems all very strange "

It is very strange.

there are usually supporting comments that follow to. Especially after the “Real women “ ones.

I mean what the hell! Aren’t ALL Women real women!

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Again , I wanna point out I don’t need to be told I’m pretty because I’m slim, just don’t want to feel weird about being my body size "

It is definitely strange as. And you shouldn't feel weird about your body size. But I would add a lot of women feel that on here regardless of their size. We should all stick together and have each others backs

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"

It is very strange.

there are usually supporting comments that follow to. Especially after the “Real women “ ones.

"

I hate the real women quotes drives me bonkers

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It is very strange.

I hate the real women quotes drives me bonkers "

That seems to be an insult thrown any woman but doesn't seem to fit the "norm" I've seen it in relation to mum tum threads. "Real women have babies" that kind of thing.

Reply privately

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"I’d like to be slim … and still eat like a pig and would not care what people thought on fab or elsewhere.

Feel free to inflict those curves on me. Again "

I can’t wait to do more “inflicting”

Reply privately

over a year ago

As ever Mr NBVN haw said much of what I want to say.

But to add

I suspect some are keen to "positively discriminate" when making public comments. So the BBW threads get a lot of love. Whereas shitty comments are hidden behind closed doors. I'd bet it's the same for gender and race.

But this isn't some race to the bottom, who has it worst competition.

Kylie's experience that larger women get more appreciation in fab threads is hers, and I'd say possibly fair to some extent.

Those who have been on the end of micro agressions also can feel hard done by.

Shitting on them because other people have it shit in different beats helps noone. It's like shutting down a conversation about why male suicides are higher because men have it easy in other ways.

Finally, Kylie, about your appreciation threads... I tend to have no idea about anyone you talk about (see also your boob thread and also which sister we prefer). I wonder if fab is, in general, too old for your cultural references. We are more Kate Moss and Claudia Schiffer !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think you have a point OP. I've seen a lot of comments from men about "real women" and I've had messages from guys saying the same. They get short shrift from me. I don't need to put other women down to feel good about my body. But it's a thing here from some men. Possibly the same ones that think bigger women will be easy pickings? Who knows. But if there were regular threads celebrating slim/petite women - why not? I'd join in as there are some women with fabulous slim bodies and that doesn't take anything away from bigger women.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"

It is very strange.

That seems to be an insult thrown any woman but doesn't seem to fit the "norm" I've seen it in relation to mum tum threads. "Real women have babies" that kind of thing. "

That drives me mad too, you've got a mum tum or you've earnt those stretch marks. I had them long before I had kids

Reply privately

over a year ago

I personally think it is a collective subconscious overcompensation for so many years of discriminating/under appreciating curvier women.

But all we are doing is depriving the slimmer of that validation they once felt. So body types are beautiful

Jnhu

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Shitting on them because other people have it shit in different beats helps noone. It's like shutting down a conversation about why male suicides are higher because men have it easy in other ways.

Finally, Kylie, about your appreciation threads... I tend to have no idea about anyone you talk about (see also your boob thread and also which sister we prefer). I wonder if fab is, in general, too old for your cultural references. We are more Kate Moss and Claudia Schiffer !!

"

That first bit makes a hella lot of sense I guess, it does feel a bit like a shut down convo about it

I know my threads are fucking weird I don’t remember my boob thread tho

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It is very strange.

It’s literally infuriating!

And usually follows something or other about empowerment.

To empower women you encourage them to be the best they can be support their goals and be able to see they are good enough! You don’t berate other women to do so or support toxic behaviours, that does the complete opposite of them becoming their best self smh. Its dumbfounding really.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I personally think it is a collective subconscious overcompensation for so many years of discriminating/under appreciating curvier women.

But all we are doing is depriving the slimmer of that validation they once felt. So body types are beautiful

Jnhu

"

All body types *

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I personally think it is a collective subconscious overcompensation for so many years of discriminating/under appreciating curvier women.

Jnhu

"

It does feel more like … am I allowed to say that I like my slim body or other slim bodies , or do I shut up about it because I may be told to shut the F up?

That is the question

I think all different body types are beautiful in their own way x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That first bit makes a hella lot of sense I guess, it does feel a bit like a shut down convo about it

I know my threads are fucking weird I don’t remember my boob thread tho "

when you were asking whose boobs you should get !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It is very strange.

To empower women you encourage them to be the best they can be support their goals and be able to see they are good enough! You don’t berate other women to do so or support toxic behaviours, that does the complete opposite of them becoming their best self smh. Its dumbfounding really. "

Don’t even get me started on that I’ve heard it all really

Reply privately

over a year ago

It seems to be fashions, and it's as always, circular. The curvy or "thicc" look which had become so popular will give way again to the slim look. Its nice to see such positivity around both curves and plus size now. I hope what we are seeing is a wider appreciation of body types

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"

It is very strange.

To empower women you encourage them to be the best they can be support their goals and be able to see they are good enough! You don’t berate other women to do so or support toxic behaviours, that does the complete opposite of them becoming their best self smh. Its dumbfounding really. "

Yes so much this. Pointing out differences and staying one has it worse than the other is pointless. We should all work together so we all feel comfortable in who we are and what we look like. I always call out any man who tries to put other women down. I want a world where our daughters and nieces feel comfortable in themselves and not feel like they are constantly competing against each other. Sometimes I think it's a social construct so we don't strive for equality.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I know my threads are fucking weird I don’t remember my boob thread tho when you were asking whose boobs you should get !"

Oh yes I remember now! Haha!!

I did pick in the end and hopefully my insecurities about my small boobs will be reduced by a lot once I get amazing tits

It took a hella lot for me to sort of upload my profile pic and I’m still sort of holding my hands on my teeeeeny tits. Because In my mind they are just tiny and not pretty so but anyway

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"it seems like slim bodied women are sort of looked down on fab. "

I don't see that at all myself. Slim women are accepted as 'normal' so there's no need to make a fuss about it.

Unlike other body types that I think people tend to play up for some reason

Reply privately

over a year ago

My friend, who is always brutally honest with me, floored me the other week when he randomly pointed out I always give off a "sexy and seductive" vibe on nights out. Was shocked to hear that, as a bigger woman, from a man who has known me very well for years and wasn't trying to get into my pants

Having got to know you a little bit over the past couple of years I would completely agree with this. ( I'm also not trying to get into your pants) "

Thank you lovely xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree that sexy is an attitude and I bet you were a sexy betch dancing

"

Haha get enough jaegerbombs down me and I'm slut dropping and dutty wining all night

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’d personally be thankful that slim/petite/small/fit women don’t have as many specific groups. I find it really insulting that there are BBW groups on here or anywhere tbh. It’s what’s still causing so much body image issues amongst women in general and body shaming.

We are all female, we all have boobs and vaginas, we just come in different heights, shapes and weights... all of which are attractive to someone. Why would you want to be pigeonholed?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It is very strange.

Another one that grips my shit is when guys tell me "more women should look like xyz" as a way of complimenting me. That's when I say "women can look however the fuck they want to"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I completely disagree. I think looking at hot pics which shows mostly slim women proves that smaller women are thr type of woman that is most desired on here. But that's not to say big girls aren't beautiful too.

I'd agree with Amber on her points here:

"There seems to be more compliments for bigger women on the forums for a multitude of reasons. To reassure women that they are beautiful, to share love for a body type that has been historically looked down upon by society, and unfortunately for a small number of people they feel that complimenting bigger women will get them more action because they assume we're more desperate than our slimmer counterparts (totally not the case)."

And even though there's a big acceptance and love for plus size women these days, the standard of beauty that is still strongly desired by most of society is slim women.

I've been slim and I'm currently plus size but I definitely got so much attention in person and on here when I was smaller.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It is very strange.

To empower women you encourage them to be the best they can be support their goals and be able to see they are good enough! You don’t berate other women to do so or support toxic behaviours, that does the complete opposite of them becoming their best self smh. Its dumbfounding really.

Yes so much this. Pointing out differences and staying one has it worse than the other is pointless. We should all work together so we all feel comfortable in who we are and what we look like. I always call out any man who tries to put other women down. I want a world where our daughters and nieces feel comfortable in themselves and not feel like they are constantly competing against each other. Sometimes I think it's a social construct so we don't strive for equality. "

I’ll be honest, I see more women berating other women then I do men (on the wonderful World Wide Web and off of it). It’s just as important to point out to women how wrong it is and something I teach my daughters.

Women are the worst critics of other women, and until we can equally support all being their best selves, as it is to call out the toxicity. Not much will change.

As women ask men to keep each other in check, we should be doing the same.

My eldest and I have these conversations all the time! It’s funny what some will consider empowerment, when what they are backing is actually just as toxic as what they want men to change smh.

Sorry it’s off topic now OP I’ll try and keep it more inline with thread.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"

It is very strange.

Another one that grips my shit is when guys tell me "more women should look like xyz" as a way of complimenting me. That's when I say "women can look however the fuck they want to" "

Hell yes, that is usually the end of the conversation when that happens

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I completely disagree. I think looking at hot pics which shows mostly slim women proves that smaller women are thr type of woman that is most desired on here. But that's not to say big girls aren't beautiful too.

"There seems to be more compliments for bigger women on the forums for a multitude of reasons. To reassure women that they are beautiful, to share love for a body type that has been historically looked down upon by society, and unfortunately for a small number of people they feel that complimenting bigger women will get them more action because they assume we're more desperate than our slimmer counterparts (totally not the case)."

And even though there's a big acceptance and love for plus size women these days, the standard of beauty that is still strongly desired by most of society is slim women.

I've been slim and I'm currently plus size but I definitely got so much attention in person and on here when I was smaller. "

But then it seems like my sort of perception might have been true on the fact that because slim women might have it “easier” then we can’t have a voice regarding making appreciation threads about being slim or celebrating the fact of being naturally slim for fear of offending. Or for fear of being told that “you already have some attention in real life, so shut it and give way”

Maybe I’m completely wrong but I was just making an observation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/12/21 20:06:44]

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Slim bodied women are much sought after on here, but, as they are super picky about who they fuck-because they are much sought after, people tend to suck up to us fatsos, because we're grateful for any attention

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also I want to point out that it isn’t particularly about myself as an individual !!!!

Unlike some who suggested on this thread, about myself, I’m honestly not looking for compliments or wanting to be celebrated

I have enough compliments in my inbox if I feel like I need a boost of self confidence

It was just a “food for thoughts” type thread on the matter

Reply privately

over a year ago

I personally like petite women. Not a fan of big boobs too. But I do agree with you that many men like curvy women over petite. It's pretty much the same the other way around too don't you think?

Most women like muscular men. Some like dad bodies. But slim/thin men? Hardly seen anyone say they like us

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jnhu

It does feel more like … am I allowed to say that I like my slim body or other slim bodies , or do I shut up about it because I may be told to shut the F up?

That is the question

I think all different body types are beautiful in their own way x "

Yes ialso believe it has gone too far to the point where women may not want to embrace their bodys to the world for the sake of being politically correct which is upsetting

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I completely disagree. I think looking at hot pics which shows mostly slim women proves that smaller women are thr type of woman that is most desired on here. But that's not to say big girls aren't beautiful too.

I've been slim and I'm currently plus size but I definitely got so much attention in person and on here when I was smaller.

But then it seems like my sort of perception might have been true on the fact that because slim women might have it “easier” then we can’t have a voice regarding making appreciation threads about being slim or celebrating the fact of being naturally slim for fear of offending. Or for fear of being told that “you already have some attention in real life, so shut it and give way”

Maybe I’m completely wrong but I was just making an observation. "

I still stand by my point that slim women are definitely not looked down on when it comes to Fab or real life but I'd agree with you on what you've just said there Kylie. I do think women who often fit the beauty standard are often made to feel like they can't have insecurities... which is ridiculous, because you have as much right as anyone to feel unhappy about something that bothers you.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I personally like petite women. Not a fan of big boobs too. But I do agree with you that many men like curvy women over petite. It's pretty much the same the other way around too don't you think?

Most women like muscular men. Some like dad bodies. But slim/thin men? Hardly seen anyone say they like us "

Many men would rather a slim or average woman, over a fat one.

How many fit women meet overweight or slim men who have no muscles?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe I’m completely wrong but I was just making an observation.

I still stand by my point that slim women are definitely not looked down on when it comes to Fab or real life but I'd agree with you on what you've just said there Kylie. I do think women who often fit the beauty standard are often made to feel like they can't have insecurities... which is ridiculous, because you have as much right as anyone to feel unhappy about something that bothers you. "

Exactly! And trust me, I’ve got my serious list of my own body insecurities! X that I try to override or overcompensate somehow but yeah xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jnhu

That is the question

Yes ialso believe it has gone too far to the point where women may not want to embrace their bodys to the world for the sake of being politically correct which is upsetting"

Totes!!!!!! X you did actually make quite a good point

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Jnhu

That is the question

Yes ialso believe it has gone too far to the point where women may not want to embrace their bodys to the world for the sake of being politically correct which is upsetting"

What do you mean by gone too far? Sorry I'm confused

Reply privately

By *hades of FunMan
over a year ago

Hitchin

For me I think sexiness is FAR more about attitude than body shape. I think one of the best things about the swinging and the liberating lifestyle we lead is that on the whole it is non-judgemental .. which is exactly as it it should be. So, whatever body shape you are, providing you're happy with it, just embrace it and show it off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For me I think sexiness is FAR more about attitude than body shape. I think one of the best things about the swinging and the liberating lifestyle we lead is that on the whole it is non-judgemental .. which is exactly as it it should be. So, whatever body shape you are, providing you're happy with it, just embrace it and show it off."

That’s for sure, I mean being sexy and sensual is it’s own thing and doesn’t really matter what body shape someone is

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I personally like petite women. Not a fan of big boobs too. But I do agree with you that many men like curvy women over petite. It's pretty much the same the other way around too don't you think?

Most women like muscular men. Some like dad bodies. But slim/thin men? Hardly seen anyone say they like us

Many men would rather a slim or average woman, over a fat one.

How many fit women meet overweight or slim men who have no muscles?"

I think we have different understanding about the meaning of curvy. Curvy doesn't equate to fat in my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jnhu

That is the question

It seems to be a more common thought.

That you have to pick a side. You support one or the other and by showing support to one, means you are automatically against the other. Which I see brings an influx of hate , as you’ve now picked your side, “the wrong side “.

Kind of that playground attitude, “you can’t be their friend if your my friend” .

It does make it pretty hard to show positive feedback to the group who aren’t the flavour of the week, as you are then “obviously “ against the group whom should be supported more.

People just need to realise you can support both, without the need to berate one group to further lift the other and it ok to feel good about your body without shame.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jnhu

That is the question

Yes ialso believe it has gone too far to the point where women may not want to embrace their bodys to the world for the sake of being politically correct which is upsetting

It seems to be a more common thought.

That you have to pick a side. You support one or the other and by showing support to one, means you are automatically against the other. Which I see brings an influx of hate , as you’ve now picked your side, “the wrong side “.

Kind of that playground attitude, “you can’t be their friend if your my friend” .

It does make it pretty hard to show positive feedback to the group who aren’t the flavour of the week, as you are then “obviously “ against the group whom should be supported more.

People just need to realise you can support both, without the need to berate one group to further lift the other and it ok to feel good about your body without shame. "

Yes to this!!! X

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I personally prefer a slim and petite build

Then I get told something like 'real women have curves' which seems fucking insulting

I'm in the gym a lot too so I definitely enjoy a more muscular feminine physique

I feel really bad for those girls as men say dumb shit like 'she looks like a guy' (oddly enough, the guy that says that always looks like shit)"

I am regularly described as "having men's shoulders". I take it as a compliment.....

Reply privately

By *heonix_flamesWoman
over a year ago

Midlands

"

It seems all hush hush "

I wonder if it’s because in “real life” or in dating, being slim/athletic is the norm of what people are looking for, it’s what is socially/societally acceptable and the bigger women are not as desired? Whereas fab is anonymous and a place where kinks and fetishes are accepted and celebrated? I know there are men on here that have turned me down on dating apps and then messaged me on here with complimentary comments on my body. Just my random thoughts.

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"

I know my threads are fucking weird I don’t remember my boob thread tho when you were asking whose boobs you should get !

I did pick in the end and hopefully my insecurities about my small boobs will be reduced by a lot once I get amazing tits

It took a hella lot for me to sort of upload my profile pic and I’m still sort of holding my hands on my teeeeeny tits. Because In my mind they are just tiny and not pretty so but anyway "

And there you have it in your mind.

But some like big some like small but we all want what we don't have so can you think of being a size where you have back problems cos you bust is so large the NHS will give you a reduction.

Don't change your body because of media change you mind because some one will love you for you.

Now tell me Rose Winner of Strictly is not sexy x x x....

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 22/12/21 23:30:32]

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

For me the worst size is average no one should class them self as average and I wish Fab would get rid of it be proud of who you are and how you feel..

Men like what they like we are all different. But ladies to quote a film you have to be the leading lady in you own life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've a friend who is curvy/bbw she has variously called me a "skinny cow", sat opposite me without the faintest awareness of insulting me wearing a tee shirt saying "bigger women give better cuddles", when I had a wardrobe malfunction while we were out laughed and said "you shouldn't be so bloody skinny" there are more examples but you get the picture.

Now imagine I said similar things to her using her size. It's never ok to use a person's body size or shape in connection with insults. "

I've had similar said to me in the past. Before I had kids, a close family member said "yeah, well you won't be wanting them anyway...you wouldn't want to spoil your figure". ...Completely unaware that I had good cause for thinking I would have problems conceiving.

I see women with tits and ass that I would give a kidney for. And some of the sweetest and most genuine compliments I've had on here about my body have been from women.

As for men...there may be a hint of truth in what they say when they compliment, but at the end of the day many will say black is white if they're going to get their dick wet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel really bad for those girls as men say dumb shit like 'she looks like a guy' (oddly enough, the guy that says that always looks like shit)

I am regularly described as "having men's shoulders". I take it as a compliment..... "

I've been told that too ...and calves like a footballer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

From looking at your profile I’d say you have nothing to worry about. Your a stunning woman. Lovely figure

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I am regularly described as "having men's shoulders". I take it as a compliment.....

I've been told that too ...and calves like a footballer."

Show your calves with pride! I'm pretty proud of my "men's" shoulders. They didn't cultivate themselves

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I've been told that too ...and calves like a footballer."

Wearing all them sexy heels!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have been called fat and told I’d be attractive if I was slimmer so many times, that it’s kind of what I expect now. Even had someone tell me I reminded them of a joint of beef, edited my image to say moo, and told me they were doing it for my benefit as obviously my mirror was lying if it made me think I was attractive.

Such a lovely woman.

On the other hand I’ve been attacked for saying I am curvy as I’m smaller than a size 16/18, but never been told by someone bigger than me that I’m not attractive, just that they don’t see me as being curvy.

To me curves are a body shape and not a dress size, my sister is a 4-6 but has curves perfectly in proportion to her, so I guess I’m trying to say that it depends on the perception of the person commenting etc. I’m too big to be small and attractive, too small to be curvy…more annoyed that the abuse I tend to get equates my not being slim with my being unattractive

It’s swings and roundabouts, but I have to admit I’ve seen more negativity around the “lifestyle” choices/accusations about bigger people than I have towards slimmer, perhaps because more threads seem to be made about them?

Who knows, I just think that people should like who they like, praise who they want to, but never at the expense of someone else x

Viv xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I know my threads are fucking weird I don’t remember my boob thread tho when you were asking whose boobs you should get !

It took a hella lot for me to sort of upload my profile pic and I’m still sort of holding my hands on my teeeeeny tits. Because In my mind they are just tiny and not pretty so but anyway

And there you have it in your mind.

But some like big some like small but we all want what we don't have so can you think of being a size where you have back problems cos you bust is so large the NHS will give you a reduction.

Don't change your body because of media change you mind because some one will love you for you.

Now tell me Rose Winner of Strictly is not sexy x x x.... "

I definitely am not changing my body because of media. I’m changing it to be comfortable in my own skin

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love petite women as much as women with curves.

Also as a slim guy I'd love to be celebrated on a Thursday "

Love slim guys so I’m sure you have nothing to worry about x

Reply privately

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I love petite women unfortunately that is not reprocated

Reply privately

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

And let's be realistic I think you are beautiful but yiu woukd not give me the time.of day would you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

And let's be realistic I think you are beautiful but yiu woukd not give me the time.of day would you?"

Thank you that’s very nice of you to compliment me x also as I mentioned above it’s not about me as an individual but more about the collective (slim women in general) x

Reply privately

over a year ago

As ever, it's in the eye of the beholder. Some women I find attractive, some I really don't. I'm sure women think the same about me (still waiting for one to find me attractive, but hey). I don't hold with finding everybody beautiful just because it's kind, but then I would never berate them for it either, that's just rude.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's all about perception, people's experiences differ which shapes our thoughts and opinions.

I just try and be the best version of me I can be....Afterall why are so invested about what others think? Do you to please you. Anyone regardless of shape,size or age will always be judged or fetishised in one way

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's all about perception, people's experiences differ which shapes our thoughts and opinions.

I just try and be the best version of me I can be....Afterall why are so invested about what others think? Do you to please you. Anyone regardless of shape,size or age will always be judged or fetishised in one way "

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm repeating something that's already been said. If we're talking about just on the forums, I'd say a big factor is guys hedging their bets...we all know it can be tough for men on here, (and I haven't counted, but general perception leads me to believe that there are more larger women that frequent the forums than slimmer ones), so I don't blame them for wanting it to be known that they find the majority of women here attractive, it increases their odds.

And yes, #notallmen, but you can't miss the sycophancy at times.

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

I love women of all shapes and sizes but slim and petite opens a lot of possibilities in the bedroom for sure

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm repeating something that's already been said. If we're talking about just on the forums, I'd say a big factor is guys hedging their bets...we all know it can be tough for men on here, (and I haven't counted, but general perception leads me to believe that there are more larger women that frequent the forums than slimmer ones), so I don't blame them for wanting it to be known that they find the majority of women here attractive, it increases their odds.

And yes, #notallmen, but you can't miss the sycophancy at times. "

This is true.

I find it strange that people can’t be honest about their preferences but also I find it strange that people are unable to state those preferences without being rude about others!

It’s perfectly possible to state ‘I like slim women’ without a negative ‘large women make me sick’ added onto the end, which is often what happens

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I can’t help but feel that some portion of this is confirmation bias, OP.

Yes there are negative comments regarding body shapes, all body shapes, but it’s not more prevalent regarding slim, not from what I’ve seen at any rate.

I think it’s because you’re looking for positive reinforcement regarding your body shape, so feel negative comments more keenly and ignore or forget the ones regarding other body shapes.

I’m a slim guy, there are very few threads or positive comments regarding my body shape, by your thought process that would be negative. Even though it’s not.

No one body shape will be universally desired, that’s simply how it is and some people express their preferences in a negative manner, which is shitty and shaming but that’s not your issue, it’s theirs.

I hope that you have some answers from this thread OP

Reply privately