Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shame you're too far away.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

But why is it a shame when we're not meeting guys? Surely by being closer, the temptation and not being able to meet would be frustrating?

Does being closer grant you unwavering rights into my pants?

Good morning all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They probably haven't read your profile. But when people say that in general, I don't take it as a 'gurantee I can get in your pants', more of a we could get together if we were closer. Some people can't or just don't want to travel.

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

"But why is it a shame when we're not meeting guys? Surely by being closer, the temptation and not being able to meet would be frustrating?

Good morning all "

Yep when single guys notice we’re nearby they assume we instantly want a meet

over a year ago

For the right person or people there isn’t to far away

Train tickets are cheap or were not looked for a while

And so are hotels agein we’re not looked sins all the madness so not shour if went up

But to answer your question no distance shouldn’t grant instint acess to one’s knickers

over a year ago

Fab miles are a curse, I wish loads of you guys lived close to be able to see you all. I do think is a shame. For me.

For you? Not so much I guess.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"For the right person or people there isn’t to far away

And so are hotels agein we’re not looked sins all the madness so not shour if went up

But to answer your question no distance shouldn’t grant instint acess to one’s knickers "

This

If it’s the right person then distance is no object

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It’s the way in which people make themselves feel better about rejection.

It’s not that they don’t match preferences or dynamics, it’s the curse of distance that compounds these things and ‘if only’ they were closer, these things wouldn’t matter.

It’s all rubbish of course, it’s the lies that people tell themselves to make the truth easier to bear.

If the person is right, then distance is rarely an issue. After all, travelling long distances at speed is what cars, trains and planes were made for!

over a year ago

"But why is it a shame when we're not meeting guys? Surely by being closer, the temptation and not being able to meet would be frustrating?

Good morning all "

They want to fuck you. Why does it matter what you want?

Tits ugg ugg grunt

over a year ago

For me it’s not a way of saying I’ll definitely get in your pants but more it’s like a way of saying hey I like you but I’m I know it’s impractical. Usually part of a flowing conversation or chit chat with other forum users I wouldn’t knowingly message someone who was miles away and use it as an opening gambit that’s for sure

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

But to answer your question no distance shouldn’t grant instint acess to one’s knickers

This

If it’s the right person then distance is no object "

Agreed, even U.K. flights are just £40-60 these days , I’d much rather jump on a plane for the right person than meet the wrong person

over a year ago

Good morning all "

Yeah I get sent these too. The ones I really love (not) are the visitors to Swansea who assume I am a tourist attraction and want to have a ride because I should be dropping my knickers with thanks that they happen to be passing.

NBVN x

By *heonix_flamesWoman
over a year ago

Midlands

Good morning all

Tits ugg ugg grunt "

Ha ha, this!

over a year ago

This

Agreed I'd travel for a connection with someone

over a year ago

Good morning all

Tits ugg ugg grunt "

Lol xx

over a year ago

Good morning all

Tits ugg ugg grunt "

Now there's a thought. I'm just holding out for you to make the first move outsider

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Good morning all

Yeah I get sent these too. The ones I really love (not) are the visitors to Swansea who assume I am a tourist attraction and want to have a ride because I should be dropping my knickers with thanks that they happen to be passing.

NBVN x"

Biggest attraction in Swansea if I'm honest

Mr

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

If it's someone you're not compatible with, then no, it's not a shame for you. They may think it's a shame, but that's all part of the wee fibs we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better.

I don't agree with the "no distance is too far for the right person" sentiment. There are several people I've connected with via the forums who, if they lived locally, I'm sure I would have met with. However, family commitments, work commitments, and lack of funds mean it's just not practical. Or perhaps I'm kidding myself to make myself feel better?

Mrs TMN x

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

But it really is a shame you’re so far away

over a year ago

"If it's someone you're not compatible with, then no, it's not a shame for you. They may think it's a shame, but that's all part of the wee fibs we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better.

I don't agree with the "no distance is too far for the right person" sentiment. There are several people I've connected with via the forums who, if they lived locally, I'm sure I would have met with. However, family commitments, work commitments, and lack of funds mean it's just not practical. Or perhaps I'm kidding myself to make myself feel better?

Mrs TMN x"

We agree. Also the risks of a wasted journey. Just because someone talks a good game on here doesn’t guarantee they’d show up after you’ve spent a lot of time and money travelling to see them. We would be willing to travel to a club a bit closer to them though. At least if they no show we can still enjoy ourselves

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Nothing gets me hotter than geographical proximity.

When I get a message "hey I'm within a mile of you" the Environment Agency has to issue flood warnings.

A huge amount of horny people just don't read profiles, or if they do they assume the "not meeting" bit wouldn't apply to them. It's the same as the guys who send dick pics to straight men.

over a year ago

"Nothing gets me hotter than geographical proximity.

When I get a message "hey I'm within a mile of you" the Environment Agency has to issue flood warnings.

A huge amount of horny people just don't read profiles, or if they do they assume the "not meeting" bit wouldn't apply to them. It's the same as the guys who send dick pics to straight men."

Giggling at the flood warnings.

over a year ago

This

If it’s the right person then distance is no object

Agreed, even U.K. flights are just £40-60 these days , I’d much rather jump on a plane for the right person than meet the wrong person "

I hope Greta Thunberg isn't reading this..

over a year ago

This

But distance is a problem for some. It costs money to travel. And it takes time. And someone else has to look after kids if you have them. I think those who have lots of spare time/money forget that there are those have neither.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I hate it when people use that word "shame" ugh...

over a year ago

"If it's someone you're not compatible with, then no, it's not a shame for you. They may think it's a shame, but that's all part of the wee fibs we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better.

Mrs TMN x"

Well said!

over a year ago

Good morning all

Yep when single guys notice we’re nearby they assume we instantly want a meet"

Really? That’s odd because when I wasn’t too far away from your location recently I didn’t want to meet you.

Not every single guy is the same.

over a year ago

I only get messages from those far away lol

over a year ago

"It’s the way in which people make themselves feel better about rejection.

It’s not that they don’t match preferences or dynamics, it’s the curse of distance that compounds these things and ‘if only’ they were closer, these things wouldn’t matter.

It’s all rubbish of course, it’s the lies that people tell themselves to make the truth easier to bear.

If the person is right, then distance is rarely an issue. After all, travelling long distances at speed is what cars, trains and planes were made for! "

Very true!

over a year ago

"Nothing gets me hotter than geographical proximity.

A huge amount of horny people just don't read profiles, or if they do they assume the "not meeting" bit wouldn't apply to them. It's the same as the guys who send dick pics to straight men."

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"

Absolutely this! I travel quite often for hotel fun, and because of my location on the edge of the Lakes, people have invited me to their holiday accommodations....

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Good morning all

Yep when single guys notice we’re nearby they assume we instantly want a meet

Really? That’s odd because when I wasn’t too far away from your location recently I didn’t want to meet you.

Not every single guy is the same. "

Hear here!

By *ogglesMan
over a year ago

essex and norfolk

I'm always happy to travel.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Its a shame your not closer or I may consider letting you into my pants!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Mrs TMN x"

Totally agree Mrs TMN, sure I'd enjoy a sit down and a natter with you. But one child has footie on a Saturday morning the other rugby Sunday morning. There are practicalities to traveling

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Totally agree Mrs TMN, sure I'd enjoy a sit down and a natter with you. But one child has footie on a Saturday morning the other rugby Sunday morning. There are practicalities to traveling"

It really is a shame you're not closer! X

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

It’s a shame you let little things like that live rent free in your head to the point you make a forum post about it

over a year ago

"It’s a shame you let little things like that live rent free in your head to the point you make a forum post about it "

Why is it a shame?

over a year ago

I love being in the middle of no where.

i couldnt take the pressure of people wanting to meet me if i lived somewhere metropolitan

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"It’s a shame you let little things like that live rent free in your head to the point you make a forum post about it

Why is it a shame? "

It’s a form of mental suffering you place upon yourself

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The distance is no object always makes me roll my eyes.

I could understand if it was someone you met at a social and immediately clicked with but a random 2D profile on a website?

Is sex such a high priority in people's lives that they are prepared to take time off work or travel long distances just to get laid?

I can't be unique when I say clearly on my profile that everything must be mutual and that includes effort and travel. I won't travel more than an hour and I expect anyone I meet to make a similar effort.

over a year ago

"It’s a shame you let little things like that live rent free in your head to the point you make a forum post about it

Why is it a shame?

It’s a form of mental suffering you place upon yourself "

Is it?

Could the OP just have started a thread to get a discussion going?

over a year ago

"I love being in the middle of no where.

i couldnt take the pressure of people wanting to meet me if i lived somewhere metropolitan"

Oh for sure. I doubt I'd ever get any sleep for all the people knocking on the door for a shag.

Ah the benefits of rural seclusion.

over a year ago

Why is it a shame?

It’s a form of mental suffering you place upon yourself "

Sweet of you to make a comment that will probably live more rent free in my head than the original post has ever done.

Unless you're going to pay that is?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

Could the OP just have started a thread to get a discussion going? "

A discussion on what? Oh how something insignificant has troubled them to the point they needed to make a post. Something so insignificant a simple click of a button makes it go away

We can agree to disagree

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Good morning all "

It just shows, as others have said, that they’ve not looked at your profile.

I have used this phrase in the past, but specifically when mutual interest has been shown but distance has been a particular issue… but as far as distance is concerned for me, anything up to a 4 hour drive one way is feasible for an organised meet

over a year ago

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

A discussion on what? Oh how something insignificant has troubled them to the point they needed to make a post. Something so insignificant a simple click of a button makes it go away

We can agree to disagree "

I love how you know exactly what's happening in the OP's head. It's pretty impressive. Agree?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

We can agree to disagree

I love how you know exactly what's happening in the OP's head. It's pretty impressive. Agree? "

Agreed. When people are allowing suffering to live rent free up there, it’s easy to spot

over a year ago

"Agreed. When people are allowing suffering to live rent free up there, it’s easy to spot "

That's very bold saying that I am suffering. And to be Frank, extremely rude. If you thought I was suffering wouldn't a private message of shown more concern and the misunderstanding of been rectified?

over a year ago

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

We can agree to disagree

I love how you know exactly what's happening in the OP's head. It's pretty impressive. Agree?

Agreed. When people are allowing suffering to live rent free up there, it’s easy to spot "

I'd not worry about calling out others having squatters as it risks them becoming squatters in your head! Shit. Are you now living rent free in mine ... *Mind blown*

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

On the reverse of this I have just looked at my “who’s near” and a forum user who I enjoy seeing post and upload pictures is 5-7 miles away.

Normally they are 160+ miles away. I’m just weighing up weather to message them to see if they would like to meet for a coffee (just a coffee) or leave them be.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

People say this daily I dont think they mean in that way tbh x

over a year ago

FYI:

The male Fab algorithm:

Proximity is greater than or equal to willingness to meet immediately.

over a year ago

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

We can agree to disagree "

I think it’s a good discussion it’s such a widely used saying on here. Interesting to hear what others think of it.

By *urious_Female89Woman
over a year ago

great yarmouth

Distance doesn't matter so much to me as I'm looking for great connections which makes it all worth it and exciting. Love an adventure! plus I'm far from everything so I must stay open-minded and willing to travel otherwise I'll never get anywhere!

over a year ago

i agree, being closer and not meeting is much more frustrating! If miles away then no problem, likely never going to meet!

over a year ago

"Distance doesn't matter so much to me as I'm looking for great connections which makes it all worth it and exciting. Love an adventure! plus I'm far from everything so I must stay open-minded and willing to travel otherwise I'll never get anywhere! "
I love the idea of getting a camper van and touring my fab friends !!

over a year ago

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

We can agree to disagree

Agreed. When people are allowing suffering to live rent free up there, it’s easy to spot "

You've seemed really angry lately. Hope you are ok. X

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

We can agree to disagree

Agreed. When people are allowing suffering to live rent free up there, it’s easy to spot

You've seemed really angry lately. Hope you are ok. X"

A recent death has made me realise there’s far greater things to worry about than insignificant stuff like this that can be fixed with a click of a button

We often put this suffering upon yourselves and choose to focus on the negative instead of putting what little time and energy we have into something more.

It’s been humbling

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

Good morning all "

whose pants are we talking here lol

By *urious_Female89Woman
over a year ago

great yarmouth

"Distance doesn't matter so much to me as I'm looking for great connections which makes it all worth it and exciting. Love an adventure! plus I'm far from everything so I must stay open-minded and willing to travel otherwise I'll never get anywhere! I love the idea of getting a camper van and touring my fab friends !!"

You should it sounds awesome!

over a year ago

We've never tried a meet in our camper. That might be one to try for next year. Tall people might not fit in our bed though

over a year ago

Why is it a shame?

Is it?

We can agree to disagree

You've seemed really angry lately. Hope you are ok. X

A recent death has made me realise there’s far greater things to worry about than insignificant stuff like this that can be fixed with a click of a button

We often put this suffering upon yourselves and choose to focus on the negative instead of putting what little time and energy we have into something more.

It’s been humbling "

xx

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I say it all the time. I want everyone to know that they're missing out on all'a this

Post new Message to Thread