Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leaving Tinder (or any dating apps)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you're like me and on a dating app ( e.g Tinder) would you delete the app as soon as you got into a relationship? Or would you need a few months b4 that? (you can let us know how many months that may be)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I haven't but then I'm polyamorous. I'm not really looking though so I don't go on them but I haven't felt the need to delete them. I don't know if some profiles delete themselves if not used for too long.

By *heonix_flamesWoman
over a year ago

Midlands

Once we’ve had the chat and agreed it’s exclusive/an actual relationship, then I’d delete.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Once we’ve had the chat and agreed it’s exclusive/an actual relationship, then I’d delete. "

Cool cool. I started dating a woman once and I deleted the app after 2 weeks, big mistake as she turned out to be a waste of time honestly.

Then earlier this year I started to date another woman and after one date she wanted to delete the dating app we met on (for dating) and put I'm in a relationship with her. 6 weeks later she broke up with me to get back with her ex lol.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

If we've agreed to be exclusive then yes and me and the ex both done it in front of each other.

There's no need to be on it if you're no longer looking elsewhere.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

If someone's in a relationship then why would they need a dating app???

Just install it again if things go tits up.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Met my current partner through a blind date. So far five dates and everything looking great.

Not deleted the dating apps just yet. I don’t use them as much but occasionally swipe away.

Although I have matches I have not interacted with anyone and not intending to either. Probably looking to delete them in the new year as long as this relationship carries on the way it is currently.

By *ullseye100Man
over a year ago

Ireland

What about your fab account?

Do people leave fan when they meet someone or do they still login?

Maybe they can’t leave the lifestyle behind?

By *heonix_flamesWoman
over a year ago

Midlands

"Once we’ve had the chat and agreed it’s exclusive/an actual relationship, then I’d delete.

Cool cool. I started dating a woman once and I deleted the app after 2 weeks, big mistake as she turned out to be a waste of time honestly.

Then earlier this year I started to date another woman and after one date she wanted to delete the dating app we met on (for dating) and put I'm in a relationship with her. 6 weeks later she broke up with me to get back with her ex lol. "

My view is that if I’m all in with someone and want to be with them then I’d not be bothered about deleting any apps. If I was worried about how long is this going to last and who am I going to miss out on meeting on apps then I shouldn’t have committed to a relationship with that person as I obviously don’t only want that with them.

But that’s the problem with apps and a lot of people today- always looking for the next one, a better offer. Just my view.

Post new Message to Thread