Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ring Door Bell

Jump to newest

By *ynda1978 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Liverpool

Does anyone have one, what version is recommended, is the chime required?? A few to choose from and I'm stuck on what to opt for.

What better place to post for advice, thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arkSuitedBootedMan
over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

Yes it's great, I think I have the black one not sure what model now but it was around £40. Had to buy a plug-in adapter separately but you should get the one that comes with the adaptor. No need for a chime. Your phone is enough. Thank me later

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes have one on my gate, it intigrates to all the cctv and house alarm so very useful. I dont have the chime on, its great

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

It’s now £27 on Amazon (Ring wired) if you have an existing doorbell it can be wired in to that if not a plug in adaptor can be used.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Apparently, Ring logs every press and app action back at Amazon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51709247

over a year ago

I don't know what model is it, we had it for few years, so probably something older, but it's very useful. Even in its basic form. Go for it.

over a year ago

We have one and i would thoroughly recommend it, very useful both when you're in the house and out

and if Amazon are storing the information, well good luck and rock on, food deliveries are really not that interesting lol

By *ungmagic10Man
over a year ago

Northampton

I have 1, works like a charm. Though it was free at first then asked me to pay a subscription. Is anyone else completely free? Lol

over a year ago

Yes there good and mine works fine. Actually used the voice and video chat when out and the delivery driver rang. I advised where to leave the parcels. All good.

By *arkSuitedBootedMan
over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

"I have 1, works like a charm. Though it was free at first then asked me to pay a subscription. Is anyone else completely free? Lol "

You only have to pay for subscription if you want the movements recorded

over a year ago

"Yes it's great, I think I have the black one not sure what model now but it was around £40. Had to buy a plug-in adapter separately but you should get the one that comes with the adaptor. No need for a chime. Your phone is enough. Thank me later "

This the one with the camera mate? Forgive my ignorance I know little about them.

By *arkSuitedBootedMan
over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

"Yes it's great, I think I have the black one not sure what model now but it was around £40. Had to buy a plug-in adapter separately but you should get the one that comes with the adaptor. No need for a chime. Your phone is enough. Thank me later

This the one with the camera mate? Forgive my ignorance I know little about them. "

Not just camera bro, speaker and mic too!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Love mine very useful x

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I had one but never got round to fitting it, then I got warned they will be problematic with GDPR in the future so sent it back !

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"We have one and i would thoroughly recommend it, very useful both when you're in the house and out

and if Amazon are storing the information, well good luck and rock on, food deliveries are really not that interesting lol"

Food deliveries allow Amazon to know what you buy (food), who from, how often and what times. From this on a basic level they are able to tell if you work (time delivered), marital status (amount delivered), your household income or affluence (what is delivered/street location, car, garden maintenance), when or how often you holiday (when you don't order), along with general ages/health. There's likely a fair few other other correlations that all mean data, marketing more purchases and sale of said data.

Zillow is a property company that lost $300m from using similar data. When people searched or placed bids in an area, it believed the area was trending so bought properties in the area, pushing prices up. Just so happens a pandemic happened and the crash meant costs soared. People assumed there were bidding wars when in fact companies were stoking prices so they could reap profits.

All data is pretty important.

By *ynda1978 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Liverpool

Thank you all for your advice, its very useful and much appreciated.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

My grandsons preferred option is one that doesn't video you as you press it then run like hell, just like grandpa did when he was feeling naughty.

By *elinefineWoman
over a year ago

kempston

Highly recommend them. Video footage is incredibly useful if (god forbid) anything does happen and is fantastic quality. Yes, you do have to pay a subscription fee but it isn’t horrendous and is beneficial to get footage of anything was to happen.

I made my parents get one not that long ago and they couldn’t get one on Amazon as they didn’t have them in stock but the Ring Doorbell site had the same package for the same price.

over a year ago

I don't have one

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

so people now pay a subscription for a door bell ffs, i dont even have a door bell, a simple knock on the door works, if im out then im out, worlds gon mad, what next subscription to sit on your sofe???

By *arkSuitedBootedMan
over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

"so people now pay a subscription for a door bell ffs, i dont even have a door bell, a simple knock on the door works, if im out then im out, worlds gon mad, what next subscription to sit on your sofe???"

£2.50 for recording movements in cloud. It's optional.

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

"so people now pay a subscription for a door bell ffs, i dont even have a door bell, a simple knock on the door works, if im out then im out, worlds gon mad, what next subscription to sit on your sofe???

£2.50 for recording movements in cloud. It's optional. "

and how much does the kit cost?, call me old fashioned but a knock on the door works fine for me, and if i want to see who it is a spy hole costs a fiver, and lasts for ever with no tech problems or subscription, just seems like a product thats solving a problem that didnt exist

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

Another "look at me & what I've got on my phone wanker" product.

Data collection passed off as a must have product for the gullible as tech giants invade every aspect of our lives. Won't be wasting my money on one, that's for sure.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

best one yet our local drug baron had one past to him as payment for goods . dually installed on his door recording away for posterity four months down the line receives a 4am wake up call from the drug squad who seize phones and tablets for forensic analysis and whats recorded for posterity every single deal he had done

Post new Message to Thread