Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas positivity

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Christmas week last year I had my offer accepted on my current house.

This year I'm just thankful life's a little more peaceful and "the way I like it"

Wondering what everyone else is feeling positive about thus Christmas time?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Christmas week last year I had my offer accepted on my current house.

This year I'm just thankful life's a little more peaceful and "the way I like it"

Wondering what everyone else is feeling positive about thus Christmas time?"

Family together this Christmas and a 1st with our little one.

Mrs

over a year ago

We’re positive every Christmas. We don’t get a lot of time off work together through the year so Christmas is the only real time we get to spend with our family

over a year ago

I hate Xmas and would rather stay at home. It's not a happy time of year for me

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Happy to hear this OP.

Personally, I find Christmas a difficult time. So often I think of friends and family no longer here to enjoy it with. This year will be harder still, the first without my brother, not that we always got on, but even so.

I try and keep as busy as possible and try and use the time off work to relax, but I am genuinely pleased others enjoy the time of year.

I am going to make a couple of charitable donations this year.

over a year ago

"Christmas week last year I had my offer accepted on my current house.

Wondering what everyone else is feeling positive about thus Christmas time?

Family together this Christmas and a 1st with our little one.

Mrs "

Amazing news congratulations!

over a year ago

"We’re positive every Christmas. We don’t get a lot of time off work together through the year so Christmas is the only real time we get to spend with our family"

Ahh that's lovely, protect that family time!

over a year ago

"I hate Xmas and would rather stay at home. It's not a happy time of year for me "

I'm so sorry to hear that. I realise it's a really hard time for many. Is there anything we can do that would help you?

over a year ago

"We’re positive every Christmas. We don’t get a lot of time off work together through the year so Christmas is the only real time we get to spend with our family

Ahh that's lovely, protect that family time!"

I agree, lovely time if you have family to spend it with xx

over a year ago

"Happy to hear this OP.

Personally, I find Christmas a difficult time. So often I think of friends and family no longer here to enjoy it with. This year will be harder still, the first without my brother, not that we always got on, but even so.

I try and keep as busy as possible and try and use the time off work to relax, but I am genuinely pleased others enjoy the time of year.

I am going to make a couple of charitable donations this year."

I'm so sorry that Christmas is a difficult time for you, and especially sorry to hear about the reccent passing of your brother.

How wonderful that you can turn your difficult feelings into charity and think of others despite your pain. Sending love

over a year ago

"Happy to hear this OP.

I'm so sorry that Christmas is a difficult time for you, and especially sorry to hear about the reccent passing of your brother.

How wonderful that you can turn your difficult feelings into charity and think of others despite your pain. Sending love "

I agree, and I hope you can remember the good times with your brother

over a year ago

"I hate Xmas and would rather stay at home. It's not a happy time of year for me

I'm so sorry to hear that. I realise it's a really hard time for many. Is there anything we can do that would help you?"

Tbh there's really nothing no one can do but thank you for the very kind offer. I just wish I had someone to talk to. My two friends have got their husbands and family so I have no one close by x

over a year ago

"I hate Xmas and would rather stay at home. It's not a happy time of year for me

I'm so sorry to hear that. I realise it's a really hard time for many. Is there anything we can do that would help you?

Tbh there's really nothing no one can do but thank you for the very kind offer. I just wish I had someone to talk to. My two friends have got their husbands and family so I have no one close by x"

I've felt lonely like that too its hard when everyone's coupled up. Do you want to chat?

over a year ago

Tbh there's really nothing no one can do but thank you for the very kind offer. I just wish I had someone to talk to. My two friends have got their husbands and family so I have no one close by x

I've felt lonely like that too its hard when everyone's coupled up. Do you want to chat?"

It is indeed. I don't mind my own company but it's still very difficult being alone x

over a year ago

Family, Health and relative wealth. Can’t complain and feel fortunate.

Also making some changes next year that will help free up some hours and divert something more productive.

2021 was a good year. Not the nest and things can get better. But always a glass 1/2 full person.

Merry Christmas one and all!

over a year ago

"Family, Health and relative wealth. Can’t complain and feel fortunate.

Also making some changes next year that will help free up some hours and divert something more productive.

2021 was a good year. Not the nest and things can get better. But always a glass 1/2 full person.

Merry Christmas one and all! "

That's a lovely positive post thanks for sharing!

Have a lovely Christmas!

over a year ago

Definitely looking forward to the break from work and grateful for my friend saving the day, I won’t be alone due to child at her dads so we are eating out good food and company blessed xx

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

It's different for everyone. I used to love Xmas but last two not been very nice, losing loved ones. Hoping this year will be a little less painful but keeping spirits up and planning a quiet time but positive one hopefully. Have a good one everyone and best wishes and kind thoughts to anyone struggling. x

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"Happy to hear this OP.

How wonderful that you can turn your difficult feelings into charity and think of others despite your pain. Sending love "

Thank you x

Donation made to local homeless charity

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"Happy to hear this OP.

How wonderful that you can turn your difficult feelings into charity and think of others despite your pain. Sending love

I agree, and I hope you can remember the good times with your brother"

Thank you very much

Post new Message to Thread