Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Santa *spoiler in comments*

Jump to newest

By *wingsnroundabouts82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

So who told you or how did you find out santa wasn't real... I caught my parents at it... Putting out my presents that is....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I think I always kinda knew. My parents were never ones for sneaking presents in. They very much "Yeah, we bought you these" and there were never any unexpected ones under the tree

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I don't remember ever believing he was real, so I must have been quite young when someone told me.

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My sister was 5 and found her list for Santa in my mum's jewellery box. So she immediately told my 3 year old brother and 1 year old me that he wasn't real. I don't remember this, I just know I've never believed he was real. I've always found it really odd that other people genuinely believed he was real and had to be told that he wasn't

over a year ago

Fucksville

My kids fully believe (I think...) but one goes to secondary school next year and I don't want her to find out from someone up there and be bullied for believing so this is her last year believing and it's honestly killing me that we have to tell her... Just don't know how to do it x

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

No way my older cousin told me don’t think I will ever forgive her

By *ixFoot4andBack4MoreMan
over a year ago

South Wales

Boy in school was going around saying he wasn't real, so I hit him.

Told my parents that night and they decided to tell me Santa wasn't real.

I was 6. Still think they are all lying.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

My parents told me when I was 13 going up to high school because they thought it was kinda coming from them and not the older kids.

I was very sheltered

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't think anyone told me. It was just a steady realisation..held to the belief for as long as possible, until I couldn't.

And the world took on a new shade of grey

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"My kids fully believe (I think...) but one goes to secondary school next year and I don't want her to find out from someone up there and be bullied for believing so this is her last year believing and it's honestly killing me that we have to tell her... Just don't know how to do it x "

Perhaps it is better to tell them that the idea of Santa Claus is the spirit of human kindness and love, where we gift items not because we have too but because we want too, we personified this altruism as a jolly fat man with abundant kindness to acknowledge that we yearn to give but shy from gratitude.

But don’t ask me, I don’t have kids

over a year ago

I never bought into the concept of it when I was a child, and it never sat well with me to play up to the whole Santa thing, I did not encourage or discourage it. My youngest hated Santa so it wasn't really a thing.

I find it disturbing that we encourage children to not speak to strangers or have strangers in the house yet we expect kids to buy into the concept of someone in your house while you sleep and because the stranger is dressed in Santa clothes we encourage them to speak.

over a year ago

"My kids fully believe (I think...) but one goes to secondary school next year and I don't want her to find out from someone up there and be bullied for believing so this is her last year believing and it's honestly killing me that we have to tell her... Just don't know how to do it x

Perhaps it is better to tell them that the idea of Santa Claus is the spirit of human kindness and love, where we gift items not because we have too but because we want too, we personified this altruism as a jolly fat man with abundant kindness to acknowledge that we yearn to give but shy from gratitude.

But don’t ask me, I don’t have kids "

Fully agree with this tbh

over a year ago

Fucksville

"My kids fully believe (I think...) but one goes to secondary school next year and I don't want her to find out from someone up there and be bullied for believing so this is her last year believing and it's honestly killing me that we have to tell her... Just don't know how to do it x

But don’t ask me, I don’t have kids "

Aww that's beautiful x x

over a year ago

Wait....what?? Who says he isnt real??

#IBelieve!

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I have so few childhood memories and finding out Santa wasn’t real certainly isn’t one of them

over a year ago

"Don't think anyone told me. It was just a steady realisation..held to the belief for as long as possible, until I couldn't.

And the world took on a new shade of grey "

He is real.

over a year ago

"I never bought into the concept of it when I was a child, and it never sat well with me to play up to the whole Santa thing, I did not encourage or discourage it. My youngest hated Santa so it wasn't really a thing.

I find it disturbing that we encourage children to not speak to strangers or have strangers in the house yet we expect kids to buy into the concept of someone in your house while you sleep and because the stranger is dressed in Santa clothes we encourage them to speak.

"

over a year ago

All lies!!! Santa is real I saw him in the shop the other day!

over a year ago

Acht it's just a wee bit of magic for kids in an oft shitty world

Post new Message to Thread