over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

5k 10k 20k no limit?

Or are you a tight ass who never spends more than £500

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Bought my import civic for £5k and sold it a few years ago for about that.

Now go for upwards of £12k

By *mwirralMan
over a year ago

wirral

Well it obviously depends on the car, I just spent 53k, but previously most I had ever spent was 20k

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

let someone else waste money on depreciation is my view, a 5 k car isnt worse than a 30k car

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

"let someone else waste money on depreciation is my view, a 5 k car isnt worse than a 30k car"

oh and used to be a mechanic, not now tho, but new cars are as unreliable as old, so never a new car, most i ever spent was around 5k

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Max id go is around 10-12k anything over that I would not purchase, but not a BMW Audi or mercedes, VW. Just buy a normal car newer that's only a year or two old.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

If I had 50k I'd get a low milage Aston Martin Vantage 4.7 manual (not the "newer shape")

By *rucking-HellMan
over a year ago

Northampton

£2k max. A car is just a set of wheels to get me to work and back, and nip around town.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My current car cost me ~£1K. I wouldn't get a car for more than £10K unless I won the lottery. Then probably up to £15K.

over a year ago

I know I’m incredibly fortunate. I bought an £80k car a couple of years ago on PCP. It’s great, I love it. Yes, its a complete luxury, and unnecessary.

There is, fundamentally, as someone else said, no difference between a £5k and one several times that. But. To each their own.

If it needed to go, it would be the first thing I’d get rid of.

(And yes, before the trolling,- I do give to charity as well)

over a year ago

I’d rather take an a-b runaround that’s cost £500, and run it til I kill it off.

over a year ago

My current car was just shy of 20k

Prior to that, the most I'd ever spent was 10k

It was about time I treated myself

over a year ago

"I know I’m incredibly fortunate. I bought an £80k car a couple of years ago on PCP. It’s great, I love it. Yes, its a complete luxury, and unnecessary.

There is, fundamentally, as someone else said, no difference between a £5k and one several times that. But. To each their own.

(And yes, before the trolling,- I do give to charity as well)"

What is PCP?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

My current car was £5.5k and I part exchanged my old car. Probably wouldn't pay more than that unless I won some money. I definitely wouldn't buy brand new as it doesn't feel worth it. Some amazing deals on cars a year or even less old if you want that new feeling.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"5k 10k 20k no limit?

Or are you a tight ass who never spends more than £500"

would depend how much money I had. My limit is my personal budget.. right now I'd buy a giulia quadrifoglio if I had the money

over a year ago

"

What is PCP?"

Credit. Paid monthly. Like a loan

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

For what were good reasons at the time, I bought a new car over 8 years ago for about £17k, which had been a great work horse, and I will run it until it’s maintenance seems uneconomical. A car is just functional to me, if it works fine for my needs then that’s all it needs to be. I don’t understand the concept of a car as a status symbol

over a year ago

"

What is PCP?

Credit. Paid monthly. Like a loan "

Aha!

Well if you love it that's all that matters.

over a year ago

"

What is PCP?

Aha!

Well if you love it that's all that matters. "

You pay a low monthly payment and have a big final payment if you want to keep the car. Usually you can’t do more than 12k miles per year

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

depends what i want it for ?

curent ride is a £500 astra that does all i ask of it and has so far cost little more than service costs to run .

if i was able to afford the classic car i dream of anything upto £20k

if i was to win a "life changing ammount " then £millions but then 288 gto ferarris very rarley come up for sale .#

over a year ago

"

What is PCP?

Aha!

Well if you love it that's all that matters.

You pay a low monthly payment and have a big final payment if you want to keep the car. Usually you can’t do more than 12k miles per year "

I like the sound of this.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 18/12/21 19:36:51]

By *not123Couple
over a year ago

sp1

My car cost me just under £3000 would possibly go up a few 1000s next time but tax is only £30 a year which is nice

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I buy based on budget and try to get the best possible value for money, so can't imagine ever buying new.

My current car cost just over £3000 a few years ago.

If money was no object, I would test drive several so see which one I like best.

Cal would get Porshe to build him a band van, if money was no object.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Depends how much money I have at the time. If I were sitting on a EuroMillions win, then £2-3m would be the upper range if I really wanted something.

In real life, I’ve bought a cars across a whole range of prices.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

The most I've ever spent was £11k on what was to be a joint car between my ex wife and I but we split up less than a year later and I took the debt so she at least had a decent car.

For myself, I'd never spent more than £3k but after that spilt decided if I was spending that much for her car I was going to be a child and wanted something nice too so treated myself with 10k on a 6yr old BMW. It's done 110k miles in the 5 years since and been a brilliant car - probably the most reliable I've ever owned which considering it's now approaching 1/4 million miles is pretty impressive. Definitely a case of getting what you pay for.

Mr

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I maybe looking for a new car in the new year something like a small Ford or Vauxhall 3-5 years old not sure how much they sell for as I haven’t looked but I am looking at the 5k - 10k. In 1998 I bought a Ford Seirra for £1000 and since 2012 I have had a Vauxhall Corsa which I didn’t pay anything for hence why I a bit clueless about cars

By *reasyontheeyesMan
over a year ago

out in the sticks

"

What is PCP?

Credit. Paid monthly. Like a loan "

Its not a loan as you never own the car. Its akin to hire as any damage has to be paid for.

By *erry bull1Man
over a year ago

doncaster

Only ever bought one new car , it was a merc e280 back in 1994 , nice car but wouldn’t buy another new car

over a year ago

Is that if I had an unlimited credit ? Or now as the finances stand?

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

Most I've ever spent is 5k on my current steed, a 2008 BMW 535d. Least I've ever paid was £300, I fixed it up and sold it for 2.5k a year or two later. Wish I'd kept it as it'd be worth at least twice that now.

Generally speaking I don't see the point in spending too much on a daily driver as other people have a nasty habit of damaging them in supermarket car parks and so on anyway. Plus I'd rather have an older, nicer car in a decent state of repair than something newer, flashier but less nice.

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

" right now I'd buy a giulia quadrifoglio if I had the money"

Those are lovely, best car Alfa has made since the 1980s

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

" right now I'd buy a giulia quadrifoglio if I had the money

Those are lovely, best car Alfa has made since the 1980s "

I quite like the two I have currently to be fair.. I managed to get my dealer to let me have one while my car was in for service... quickest my car has ever been serviced

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

I'd spend more if there wasn't such idiot drivers on the road! Have an old classic that only comes out in the dry, I keep the miles low as possible and never ever take her to the shops or multi storey car parks if I can help it...

I'm not a fan of electric cars as the network just isn't in place and the battery life and cost is mental!

I also question the cost to the environment on electric cars given all the power used to make them...

Just my opinion

5k would be my average and I wouldn't like to have my car on a loan style arrangement as I like knowing its mine lol

By *ionysus OneMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"If I had 50k I'd get a low milage Aston Martin Vantage 4.7 manual (not the "newer shape")"

I had this, pretty much, a few years ago. I loved it so much. I lost my job and had to sell it. Easy come, easy go.

Bought a £13k Porsche 911 when I got another job and it was actually the nicer car to drive. Lacked the panache of the Aston but hey ho. Sold that to help fund a second house purchase and now drive about £5k worth of Porsche Boxster that I took in part exchange.

Realistically though, cars and especially classic cars are 'my thing', so I would spend every spare penny on them. Cars built since around 2010 do nothing for me though. Numb and boring.

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Depends on the car, price isn’t too much of a thing for me, but I know when car companies are taking the piss on their prices compared to the actual product.

By *ionysus OneMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I'd spend more if there wasn't such idiot drivers on the road! Have an old classic that only comes out in the dry, I keep the miles low as possible and never ever take her to the shops or multi storey car parks if I can help it...

I'm not a fan of electric cars as the network just isn't in place and the battery life and cost is mental!

I also question the cost to the environment on electric cars given all the power used to make them...

Just my opinion

5k would be my average and I wouldn't like to have my car on a loan style arrangement as I like knowing its mine lol"

What classic do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

I still have my first car, an MG Midget. It'll never be sold!

over a year ago

I never spend much on cars, my ex is a mechanic who will look out for cars he can fix when mine gets ropey.

Current car I paid £200 for, 07 plate Vauxhall Corsa CDTI, one lady owner with low mileage, it's had new brake shoes and pads and a full service, so probably spent another £200 getting it fixed and MOT'd

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I don't have a limit tbh.

Given the chance (& funds) I'd spends millions on a one-off concept or design my own.

By *ancslad22Man
over a year ago

Lytham

I’ve just spent 40k on a disco prior to that it was 10k 12 years ago on a golf

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

"I know I’m incredibly fortunate. I bought an £80k car a couple of years ago on PCP. It’s great, I love it. Yes, its a complete luxury, and unnecessary.

(And yes, before the trolling,- I do give to charity as well)

What is PCP?"

never never

over a year ago

A blowjob. I've never bought a car Mr always has, I wouldn't spend anymore than £1k-£2k though. As long as its safe and gets me from A to B I'm happy.

over a year ago

No limit if i had the money, you may wonder why id happily spend a million on a vauxhall corsa vxr, but i have some fucking wild ideas for it and i want to make it one of a kind

3d printed wide bodykit

Carbon fiber as many parts as possible

Refurbed engine bay with the hopes to mount a forged 5 pot similar to the mk3 focus rs

Custom upholstery for the recaro racing seats and back seats

Black suede roof lining and dashboard

Custom made carbon fibre racing steering wheel with rpm lights

Flappy paddles for the gearbox with the stick shift for options

All forged internals like the race level exhaust system, turbo, transmission and driveshaft

High quality thermal sleeving for the intake pipes and turbo

Custom made headlights and tailights

Best quality street tires money can buy

Touring car race alloys

Custom built in entertainment system with touch screen

Panoramic front windscreen conversion like the astra GTC

Custom made bonnet to give some extra space in the engine bay

And thats just off the top of my head

over a year ago

"No limit if i had the money, you may wonder why id happily spend a million on a vauxhall corsa vxr, but i have some fucking wild ideas for it and i want to make it one of a kind

3d printed wide bodykit

Refurbed engine bay with the hopes to mount a forged 5 pot similar to the mk3 focus rs

All forged internals like the race level exhaust system, turbo, transmission and driveshaft

Touring car race alloys

And thats just off the top of my head "

Good job you don’t have a million then. It’s a corsa, we had them as our first car

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Nothing...I always lease them.

By *nglo-Indian-DelightCouple
over a year ago

Worcestershire

12.5 k for me, 15k for Mrs. If we have to save money no car for me 27.5k for Mrs. I have 4 bicycles. xXx

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

So far 76k and it was an absolute waste. My current car I paid 15k cash and couldn’t be happier.

P.S I haven’t blown anyone for a car

over a year ago

"No limit if i had the money, you may wonder why id happily spend a million on a vauxhall corsa vxr, but i have some fucking wild ideas for it and i want to make it one of a kind

3d printed wide bodykit

Touring car race alloys

Good job you don’t have a million then. It’s a corsa, we had them as our first car "

My first car was a Corsa.. I put stainless steel exhaust on it and a sub woofer in the boot… proper impressed the college girls!

over a year ago

Worcestershire

I bought a Buggati Veyron for 850k until i awakened to realise i will only ever have a 7 inch penis and a Ford fiesta. Expectation vs reality xx

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

"I bought a Buggati Veyron for 850k until i awakened to realise i will only ever have a 7 inch penis and a Ford fiesta. Expectation vs reality xx"

7inch penis is more attractive than a veyron. And a ford is very reliable

over a year ago

"I bought a Buggati Veyron for 850k until i awakened to realise i will only ever have a 7 inch penis and a Ford fiesta. Expectation vs reality xx

7inch penis is more attractive than a veyron. And a ford is very reliable "

Ford…reliable…?!

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

"I bought a Buggati Veyron for 850k until i awakened to realise i will only ever have a 7 inch penis and a Ford fiesta. Expectation vs reality xx

Ford…reliable…?!"

If you do 29 miles a week. Confidence boosting ffs

over a year ago

Ford…reliable…?!

If you do 29 miles a week. Confidence boosting ffs"

Say what

over a year ago

3d printed wide bodykit

Touring car race alloys

Good job you don’t have a million then. It’s a corsa, we had them as our first car "

Pfft corsas aint that bad, mines already modified and ive worked it hard but still treated it right, no serious issues other than general wear and tear. But i think its a great looking car and its just right for me. Besides any kind of performance or maintenance issues wpuld be gone if i soent a million on high quality and durable parts

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

3d printed wide bodykit

Touring car race alloys

Good job you don’t have a million then. It’s a corsa, we had them as our first car

Pfft corsas aint that bad, mines already modified and ive worked it hard but still treated it right, no serious issues other than general wear and tear. But i think its a great looking car and its just right for me. Besides any kind of performance or maintenance issues wpuld be gone if i soent a million on high quality and durable parts"

it all comes down to personal choice. Driven a few vxr corsas and I like my hot hatches but they just feel awful to drive for me. Give me a clio sport however and different ball game. Handles superb for a small hot hatch. However the vxr handles better than the focus st... even though I guess I should really compare the astra vxr with that.. but not driven one for long enough... fiesta st not had a chance either. My g40 polo was fun though

By *cplsMan
over a year ago

Nr Waltham

I have just had to sell one of my cars for £60k. Have to admit as much as I loved the car, the risk of some scumbag damaging it takes the edge off the fun of owning it.

over a year ago

"I have just had to sell one of my cars for £60k. Have to admit as much as I loved the car, the risk of some scumbag damaging it takes the edge off the fun of owning it."

What car was it

By *ewismixedbbcMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Tbh I use buisness lease cars

over a year ago

"Tbh I use buisness lease cars "

Most of us have company cars

By *aylonMan
over a year ago

Earlsfield

Next car will be between 6-10k, I'm done buying new, the depreciation isn't worth it. As long as it does A to B efficiently whilst looking good, I'm good ??????

over a year ago

Most I spend is my annual salary.

I earn 10k I buy a 10k car, I earn 100k I buy a 100k car

By *mmMandyTV/TS
over a year ago

Southampton

"let someone else waste money on depreciation is my view, a 5 k car isnt worse than a 30k car"

True, but it must have heated seats

By *ewismixedbbcMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Tbh I use buisness lease cars

Most of us have company cars "

alright pal it’s not a competition

over a year ago

"Tbh I use buisness lease cars

Most of us have company cars alright pal it’s not a competition "

My point exactly

over a year ago

My current car cost me 16k nearly new - had 900 miles on the clock but I definitely overpaid but wanted a particular colour. I wouldn’t spend that much on a car again I would probably half that. I’ll be using this car until it dies though

over a year ago

"My current car cost me 16k nearly new - had 900 miles on the clock but I definitely overpaid but wanted a particular colour. I wouldn’t spend that much on a car again I would probably half that. I’ll be using this car until it dies though "

What car was that and what’s the colour

over a year ago

Mine was 15k, 2 previous owners 2003

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/12/21 07:35:45]

over a year ago

Typically up to about £20k, although 2 years ago I bought a new F Pace, but that was because my ex dumped me and I had a wedding ring fund to spend!

over a year ago

"5k 10k 20k no limit?

Or are you a tight ass who never spends more than £500"

My bmw was £13500 most I spent thought why not ain’t done much during this bloody covid

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

Foolishly spent £45000 on a Ferrari Modena back in 2011......nearly bankrupt myself maintaining the fucking thing.

By *idewillyMan
over a year ago

ellesmere port

My classic car which i took completely apart and have been rebuilding to concourse at non-expense spared the detailing is nut and why because i wanted to not one weld splatter on chassis engine 3x plus the original Power And m not even a mad car fan but theres a handful classics i like and this one i never thought id have so anything is possible

over a year ago

"My current car cost me 16k nearly new - had 900 miles on the clock but I definitely overpaid but wanted a particular colour. I wouldn’t spend that much on a car again I would probably half that. I’ll be using this car until it dies though

What car was that and what’s the colour "

Not saying on a public forum sorry

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Nothing, would be a waste of money coz I can't drive

By *ev257Man
over a year ago

cardiff

Last car I bought was around £12k n only way I buy a car is I pay cash.

I never get finance, I did when I was a lot younger bought a car on finance n when I sold it 18 months later I only broke even after paying it off, so for the next 2 years I drove around in an old banger n still carried on put the same amount of money away every month till I had enough to buy a good car cash.

That was over 30 years ago n I still do the same now n have taught my kids to do the same.

over a year ago

Modern stuff, i wouldnt i lease a landrover defender that cost 62k which lease is £980 per month.. id loose more than that in depreciation.

I buy Classics.. no limit really although i restore them so my sierra cosworth rs500 has had £45k invested, my others not quite so much but theyre all a enjoyment & investment.

By *cplsMan
over a year ago

Nr Waltham

"I have just had to sell one of my cars for £60k. Have to admit as much as I loved the car, the risk of some scumbag damaging it takes the edge off the fun of owning it.

What car was it"

It was a 911, last of the air cooled models.

over a year ago

Worcestershire

Ford stands for,

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Ford stands for,

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

"

Lotus

Lots

Of

Trouble

Usually

Serious

over a year ago

"Ford stands for,

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

Lotus

Lots

Of

Trouble

Usually

Serious "

Fiat

Fix

It

Again

Tomorrow

over a year ago

Worcestershire

Having had Fiats & Fords all unreliable, can't comment on Lotus lol

By *eardyBikerMan
over a year ago

nr stonehaven

Only on 2nd car now but had a bmw bike that cost me 2k to buy and in 2 years I spent 3k on it

Post new Message to Thread