Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being used (not in a good way)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Recently I've realised that someone was using me for months for his own benefit and doesn't give a %#^! about me. Not the first time it's happened.

Does it happen to you?

If yes, how do you deal with it?

If no, how do you avoid it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Has happened but not from fab, it's shit! I avoid it by never getting that close to anyone.

over a year ago

It’s the reason I ask everyone to just be upfront in what they wanting

If they just want a one night thing say

Allow me to make that choices if it’s for me or not

9 out 10 times if I like that person in that way

I am going to let it happen even if it’s just a one night thing

By *illingdon_ladMan
over a year ago

Bicester

All my life, not for sex or money but just to be there when it suited them. Best advise is cut them out of your life.

over a year ago

Yes, from fab. 90% of the meets under my last profile.

I left fab, drew a line under it then decided to stick to my guns under a new profile and do what I want.

Good luck OP.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Yes. Easiest way is not to get to involved. I will never, ever trust man again or give all of me to someone.

over a year ago

Yes it’s happened to me on more than one occasion in the past.

This may sound cold but you have to remember that most interactions are actually mutual transactions. When you are constantly the one giving you will reach a point that it is no longer a mutual transaction.

Personal boundaries must come into play and only you can choose what behaviours to accept or not. The early you set these out the easier it is to see this kind of behaviour

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

It’s not a good feeling OP. But know your worth.

It’s happened to me recently and I haven’t quite closed the door yet. Waiting for the next text from him so I can unleash holy hell

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I have been used in the past when someone has needed constant validation or needed to show others that they had a certain standing just by being associated with me.

There was a false perception regarding popularity and what it means on here. There were no black,white or grey areas but just popular and dangerous.

By continuously refusing to be part of the drama and finally just walking away in silence their perception is that I went from being popular to being one of the dangerous ones.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Yes I’ve experienced this and I now just dump anyone that thinks they can get away with it

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I think hindsight is a marvellous thing. A few times I’ve looked back and thought that actually they treated me poorly, but in the moment I was blind to it.

You just have to make a mental note and move on. And don’t allow yourself to go back to the same situation with the same person. Live it and learn from it.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Recently I've realised that someone was using me for months for his own benefit and doesn't give a %#^! about me. Not the first time it's happened.

Does it happen to you?

If no, how do you avoid it? "

That sounds horrible!

I hope that you’re ok

over a year ago

"Recently I've realised that someone was using me for months for his own benefit and doesn't give a %#^! about me. Not the first time it's happened.

Does it happen to you?

Sadly I have been used in the past, someone thought I was her personal chauffeur to clubs and socials etc. I’ve never minded helping anyone but she would take the proverbial. One day she abused my over the phone because I wasn’t going to where she wanted a lift to, I just blocked her number and blocked her on the site.

These days I just get strung along and then stood up, now I just view meeting people from fab with gallows humour and if something positive happens I just take it as a bonus.

Sorry you’re going through it OP, it’s no crumb of comfort knowing that you’re not the first or last but I hope you can get over it in time x

over a year ago

"Has happened but not from fab, it's shit! I avoid it by never getting that close to anyone. "

It is shit. But..I like getting close to people. Tricky.

over a year ago

"It’s the reason I ask everyone to just be upfront in what they wanting

I am going to let it happen even if it’s just a one night thing "

And do you find asking people to be upfront means that they are? (Fingers crossed the answer is yes for you)

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I know that feeling all too well, its shit, and make you very cautious and reserved about giving your all to someone

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Always ask and know where you both stand! Unfortunately you can be used and think someone is not who you thought they were. Just be more cautious and don't fall for sweet words! Remember salt and sugar is the same colour. Lol Hope you are okay? It's his loss remember that x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think you can avoid it by checking in with yourself and asking if you're getting as much as you're giving. I think there are times in any relationship when one will need to give more than the other but that should even itself out over time. If it doesn't (illness etc excepted) then questions need asking.

over a year ago

"Has happened but not from fab, it's shit! I avoid it by never getting that close to anyone.

It is shit. But..I like getting close to people. Tricky. "

Sorry to hear you’ve been let down OP. It sucks. But closing the door on all just leads to misery I expect, better to be philosophical, learn whatever lessons are to be learnt, chalk up to experience and move on.

A little phycology study and background checks don’t do any harm either when assessing suitability and trustworthiness. Good choices help good outcomes and all that. But granted, easier said with hindsight.

All the best and Merry Christmas

(Mr)

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

So sorry to read this is happening to you OP. It's never nice.

I have had it happen. A lot. And I even see the signs and ignore them because I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, way beyond reasonable doubt and the point at which people I trust are telling me to cut the user loose.

I need to learn to not only trust my people, but to actually listen and digest what they say. They are wise and they have my best interests at heart.

(They also rarely say I told you so more than once per total fuck up, so I'm keeping them)

Posh

over a year ago

"All my life, not for sex or money but just to be there when it suited them. Best advise is cut them out of your life. "

Sorry to hear that . I agree and I blocked everywhere today.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yes it has happened in the past but it won't happen again.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"All my life, not for sex or money but just to be there when it suited them. Best advise is cut them out of your life.

Sorry to hear that . I agree and I blocked everywhere today. "

Well done! That's the best option.

over a year ago

"Yes, from fab. 90% of the meets under my last profile.

I left fab, drew a line under it then decided to stick to my guns under a new profile and do what I want.

Good luck OP. "

Oh that must have been tough . I do hope that doing what you want means you're avoiding the users.

over a year ago

"Yes. Easiest way is not to get to involved. I will never, ever trust man again or give all of me to someone."

I know that's one answer, but I don't think I can accept what goes with that. I hope it works out for you and you feel safe.

over a year ago

And do you find asking people to be upfront means that they are? (Fingers crossed the answer is yes for you)"

Mostly yes I do get the odd one now and then that try’s it but I normally quick to spot it x

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm sure most people have experienced it at some point. I just move on and work on finding others who respect me. They're not worth dwelling or anguishing over.

over a year ago

"Yes it’s happened to me on more than one occasion in the past.

This may sound cold but you have to remember that most interactions are actually mutual transactions. When you are constantly the one giving you will reach a point that it is no longer a mutual transaction.

Personal boundaries must come into play and only you can choose what behaviours to accept or not. The early you set these out the easier it is to see this kind of behaviour "

Sorry it's happened to you BG. Boundaries are definitely so important - but they rely on the other person being truthful and open. Did I ask questions and state my boundaries enough? Possibly not.

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Does it happen to you?

Sorry to hear this OP, some people are just sh*tbags. It has happened to me on fab luckily not too badly, unfortunately people think that because they’re on fab they can act with impunity.

over a year ago

"

It’s not a good feeling OP. But know your worth.

It’s happened to me recently and I haven’t quite closed the door yet. Waiting for the next text from him so I can unleash holy hell

"

Yeah, you go and tell him Miss Yeux! (Fist bump) And enjoy the date!

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I just wrote a long post to reply to this then deleted it all.

All I will say is it has happened more than once and it will happen again because my personality type is a giver to people who I think are genuine.

over a year ago

"Yes, I recognise this situation and it feels horrible. I realise that it's not Fab policy but I have been tempted at times when I am unsure about the sincerity of a guy to ask him to treat me to some sexy stockings etc. If I receive a straight refusal and rude reply I avoid the guy and delete. Generous guys always get my vote and usually turn out to be worth the effort. Seems to work for me but some people might object. Too bad."

If that strategy works for you, go for it! Words are cheap, I know that much.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Yes. Easiest way is not to get to involved. I will never, ever trust man again or give all of me to someone.

I know that's one answer, but I don't think I can accept what goes with that. I hope it works out for you and you feel safe. "

I still have fun, they just don't get the feelings x

over a year ago

"I have been used in the past when someone has needed constant validation or needed to show others that they had a certain standing just by being associated with me.

There was a false perception regarding popularity and what it means on here. There were no black,white or grey areas but just popular and dangerous.

By continuously refusing to be part of the drama and finally just walking away in silence their perception is that I went from being popular to being one of the dangerous ones. "

So many ways to use people . I've not encountered that but I can see how it may happen here. You dealt with it very decisively by the sound of it.

over a year ago

It happens. I just walk away and wish them for good karma. Have no room, will or time for anger, hatred or any such feelings as they wouldn't do me any good anyway.

over a year ago

"Yes, I recognise this situation and it feels horrible. I realise that it's not Fab policy but I have been tempted at times when I am unsure about the sincerity of a guy to ask him to treat me to some sexy stockings etc. If I receive a straight refusal and rude reply I avoid the guy and delete. Generous guys always get my vote and usually turn out to be worth the effort. Seems to work for me but some people might object. Too bad."

I’m not sure about this. I would have missed out on the best person in my life if I’d done it, because I know he would have said no. Not because he’s not generous, but because he would have seen that as a red flag.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

I’m sorry . For me, it would be about working on your own self worth, working on valuing yourself, because once you do, others will.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

To be fair I’d straight refuse or give a rude reply if someone asked me to buy them something.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

That could also be interpreted as you attempting to use them and their refusal had nothing to do with sincerity and everything to do with not wanting to be used. Anyone suggesting I should be generous wouldn't have to concern themselves with having to block me. I would have beaten them to it.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

Yes.

Makes you a better person if you allow yourself to forgive but not forget

over a year ago

"Yes I’ve experienced this and I now just dump anyone that thinks they can get away with it "

Well that's what they deserve!

By *layful FoxMan
over a year ago

Falmouth/Penryn

I've been in this situation before, got too close, now find it difficult to get close, if that makes sense.. it makes it a bit hard to trust...

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Sorry this happened OP, it does feel shit.

I'd say take heed of red flags and have enough self preservation to walk away at the first one.

over a year ago

"I think hindsight is a marvellous thing. A few times I’ve looked back and thought that actually they treated me poorly, but in the moment I was blind to it.

You just have to make a mental note and move on. And don’t allow yourself to go back to the same situation with the same person. Live it and learn from it.

"

I would really like to be less blind to it! I thought the thread might be helpful for all of those who encounter this (and me of course!!).

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

That sounds horrible!

I hope that you’re ok"

Thank you Tea. I'm sure I will pick myself up again.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

Sadly I have been used in the past, someone thought I was her personal chauffeur to clubs and socials etc. I’ve never minded helping anyone but she would take the proverbial. One day she abused my over the phone because I wasn’t going to where she wanted a lift to, I just blocked her number and blocked her on the site.

These days I just get strung along and then stood up, now I just view meeting people from fab with gallows humour and if something positive happens I just take it as a bonus.

Sorry you’re going through it OP, it’s no crumb of comfort knowing that you’re not the first or last but I hope you can get over it in time x"

That sounds the very definition of a user. Maybe a bit of gallows humour and low expectations would help. But it doesn't seem that we should have to settle for that?

over a year ago

"I know that feeling all too well, its shit, and make you very cautious and reserved about giving your all to someone "

That's exactly right. I wasn't looking at giving my all to him luckily. Maybe being cautious is good, though? I'm sorry it's happened to you.

over a year ago

"Always ask and know where you both stand! Unfortunately you can be used and think someone is not who you thought they were. Just be more cautious and don't fall for sweet words! Remember salt and sugar is the same colour. Lol Hope you are okay? It's his loss remember that x "

Thank you. Bit down today but I'm sure I will be fine. I thought I had been cautious. You're right - pay attention to the actions not the words!

over a year ago

"Has happened but not from fab, it's shit! I avoid it by never getting that close to anyone.

It is shit. But..I like getting close to people. Tricky. "

I tend to look at the goodness in everyone. Yes,occasionally you will be let down and hurt but the great people I've met and been close to more than make up for the odd bad apple..

over a year ago

"I think you can avoid it by checking in with yourself and asking if you're getting as much as you're giving. I think there are times in any relationship when one will need to give more than the other but that should even itself out over time. If it doesn't (illness etc excepted) then questions need asking."

I think this ties in with what the Bearded Guy said further up about mutual transactions. Food for thought.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Men, women.. Christ it’s sometimes just a shitty learning curve. I cut ties and work on myself.. it’s easy to take that shit on as being lacking in something.. but it’s other peoples lack of morality. No reflection on you. I have to tell myself this often. crap feeling

over a year ago

It is shit. But..I like getting close to people. Tricky.

Sorry to hear you’ve been let down OP. It sucks. But closing the door on all just leads to misery I expect, better to be philosophical, learn whatever lessons are to be learnt, chalk up to experience and move on.

A little phycology study and background checks don’t do any harm either when assessing suitability and trustworthiness. Good choices help good outcomes and all that. But granted, easier said with hindsight.

All the best and Merry Christmas

(Mr)"

I'm not one to close the door , but yes some lessons to take on board for me I think.

over a year ago

"So sorry to read this is happening to you OP. It's never nice.

I have had it happen. A lot. And I even see the signs and ignore them because I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, way beyond reasonable doubt and the point at which people I trust are telling me to cut the user loose.

I need to learn to not only trust my people, but to actually listen and digest what they say. They are wise and they have my best interests at heart.

(They also rarely say I told you so more than once per total fuck up, so I'm keeping them)

Posh "

What you say about wanting to see the best in people utterly resonates with me. I let that get in the way of common sense. I'm glad you have your Uber sensible people to watch out for you, Posh.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

it’s horrible

over a year ago

"Yes it has happened in the past but it won't happen again. "

How will you ensure it won't?

over a year ago

"All my life, not for sex or money but just to be there when it suited them. Best advise is cut them out of your life.

Sorry to hear that . I agree and I blocked everywhere today.

Well done! That's the best option.

"

I guess it is. I wish I didn't have to.

over a year ago

And do you find asking people to be upfront means that they are? (Fingers crossed the answer is yes for you)

Mostly yes I do get the odd one now and then that try’s it but I normally quick to spot it x"

You're way ahead of me!

over a year ago

"I'm sure most people have experienced it at some point. I just move on and work on finding others who respect me. They're not worth dwelling or anguishing over. "

It's quite a run of crappy experiences, I'm just trying to learn rather than dwell.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

Sorry to hear this OP, some people are just sh*tbags. It has happened to me on fab luckily not too badly, unfortunately people think that because they’re on fab they can act with impunity. "

Thank you and I'm sorry you encountered this too. I don't think he's a bad person, but just thinking of himself.

over a year ago

"I just wrote a long post to reply to this then deleted it all.

All I will say is it has happened more than once and it will happen again because my personality type is a giver to people who I think are genuine."

Well if you'd like to chat - feel free to PM. Do you think there are ways you can protect yourself, maybe from this thread? Giving is wonderful, I wonder if you attract those who just take? I don't think I am a giver but I'm sure I give off signals.

over a year ago

"It happens. I just walk away and wish them for good karma. Have no room, will or time for anger, hatred or any such feelings as they wouldn't do me any good anyway."

I'm not angry or full of hatred. Just a bit sad.

over a year ago

"Yes, I recognise this situation and it feels horrible. I realise that it's not Fab policy but I have been tempted at times when I am unsure about the sincerity of a guy to ask him to treat me to some sexy stockings etc. If I receive a straight refusal and rude reply I avoid the guy and delete. Generous guys always get my vote and usually turn out to be worth the effort. Seems to work for me but

some people might object. Too bad."

So if a guy spends a bit of money on you that makes him sincere?

Sorry that is warped thinking

By *an de LyonMan
over a year ago

welling

Does it happen to you?

Learn to say no, one thing at a time. If you don’t want to go out, don’t. If you don’t want to go there, say no. Don’t stop other people doing it if they want to, but don’t do things you don’t want to do. Small steps to having confidence in your own opinions eventually lead to you having a bit more belief in yourself and not needing someone else to validate you, which can help stop you bending over backwards to please someone else

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

So your meets are transactional.

over a year ago

Would love to be used ( in a good way ) by a mature good looking woman xxx

over a year ago

If it's a pattern you're noticing happens to you, are you taking anything away from it to avoid it happening in the future?

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

I’m sorry . For me, it would be about working on your own self worth, working on valuing yourself, because once you do, others will."

Thanks Hippy. I thought I was getting better at that, but maybe not.

over a year ago

"I've been in this situation before, got too close, now find it difficult to get close, if that makes sense.. it makes it a bit hard to trust... "

That does make perfect sense. I think it's perfectly natural to be warier.

over a year ago

"Sorry this happened OP, it does feel shit.

I'd say take heed of red flags and have enough self preservation to walk away at the first one.

"

Walking away is absolutely the right thing to do (and I have).

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

I’m sorry . For me, it would be about working on your own self worth, working on valuing yourself, because once you do, others will.

Thanks Hippy. I thought I was getting better at that, but maybe not. "

Sometimes we slip back, so we can see how far we’ve come.

We’re like onions, there’s always more layers of healing to do.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

Learn to say no, one thing at a time. If you don’t want to go out, don’t. If you don’t want to go there, say no. Don’t stop other people doing it if they want to, but don’t do things you don’t want to do. Small steps to having confidence in your own opinions eventually lead to you having a bit more belief in yourself and not needing someone else to validate you, which can help stop you bending over backwards to please someone else"

I'm sure this advice might be helpful for others on the thread. I don't need someone else to validate me and I say no all the time. I think the other person should take some responsibility here - I didn't use him.

over a year ago

"If it's a pattern you're noticing happens to you, are you taking anything away from it to avoid it happening in the future?"

Yes, absolutely. I'd already started asking more questions and being clearer on my boundaries with new men I am talking to but I started talking to this guy months ago.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

We’re like onions, there’s always more layers of healing to do. "

I think that's why I feel so disappointed. It's happened again. And I didn't even notice the gaslighting until last night.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

I think that's why I feel so disappointed. It's happened again. And I didn't even notice the gaslighting until last night. "

But you noticed, that’s a positive, and all it’s learning and growth.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

I'm sorry that happen to you though

over a year ago

Unfortunately some people will suck the life out of you until you are unable to give yourself anymore because your heart won't let you then you become the bastard to someone special because you can't give yourself it's sad

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I can honestly say I've never been used in day to day life. I do more than I should a lot of the time but that's just my nature. I'm very easy going but I'm confident enough in myself to say no if things don't suit me or if something I just don't want to do

The minute you think things aren't right or you think someone is taking the piss or asking too much of you just keep it in mind and just say no sorry can't do that or no sorry it doesn't suit me today or I don't have time. Don't explain yourself either by telling them why you can't. An apology is enough. Never put anyone's time over yours. Doesn't mean you can't go out your way for people but the minute you are second guessing things or you find things a hassle then that's time to stop

If it's someone just stringing you along then just give your time to someone else. No one is worth your self respect

R

over a year ago

"

The minute you think things aren't right or you think someone is taking the piss or asking too much of you just keep it in mind and just say no sorry can't do that or no sorry it doesn't suit me today or I don't have time. Don't explain yourself either by telling them why you can't. An apology is enough. Never put anyone's time over yours. Doesn't mean you can't go out your way for people but the minute you are second guessing things or you find things a hassle then that's time to stop

R"

I believe this to be the right approach and yet find it rather difficult to implement. When I start wondering whether the relationship is appropriately balanced, self doubt also creeps in and I can’t help but ask myself whether I read the situation correctly. There is two sides to every story after all.

Open communication is probably the answer but it can also be a trap: when a partner takes advantage, the minute they understand your self doubt, they are in a position of strength and you make yourself vulnerable, digging yourself into that hole.

It’s a conundrum I haven’t figured out yet. Quite unsettling and it makes it difficult to trust anybody.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

Yes it’s happened, it’s horrible.

I cry a lot and I mean a lot then decide it’ll never happen again and I’m gonna become cold hearted and evil and surprise surprise it happens again.

Think I’m just gonna not get to friendly with anyone off here again and remember that most things people tell you is what they think you want to hear.

Oh and keep my distance and if people think I’m being cold or harsh that’s their point of view and it’s not important. Think of yourself first and foremost, if they are genuine they’ll stick around.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

I think that's why I feel so disappointed. It's happened again. And I didn't even notice the gaslighting until last night.

But you noticed, that’s a positive, and all it’s learning and growth."

I did notice that's true. And showed some messages to a friend who agreed with me. I have trouble trusting my judgment still (was gaslighted for a long time).

over a year ago

"Unfortunately some people will suck the life out of you until you are unable to give yourself anymore because your heart won't let you then you become the bastard to someone special because you can't give yourself it's sad "

Not good to get to that point

over a year ago

"I can honestly say I've never been used in day to day life. I do more than I should a lot of the time but that's just my nature. I'm very easy going but I'm confident enough in myself to say no if things don't suit me or if something I just don't want to do

If it's someone just stringing you along then just give your time to someone else. No one is worth your self respect

R"

I think we've maybe had different experiences in life. I don't find any of that straightforward or easy to do, I've had to work really hard at it.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Some men I've had sex with were just getting their rocks of it seems.

I'm sure most people ask for something that only benefits them, at some point.

Not me though, I'm an angel

over a year ago

"

I believe this to be the right approach and yet find it rather difficult to implement. When I start wondering whether the relationship is appropriately balanced, self doubt also creeps in and I can’t help but ask myself whether I read the situation correctly. There is two sides to every story after all.

Open communication is probably the answer but it can also be a trap: when a partner takes advantage, the minute they understand your self doubt, they are in a position of strength and you make yourself vulnerable, digging yourself into that hole.

It’s a conundrum I haven’t figured out yet. Quite unsettling and it makes it difficult to trust anybody."

I think that conundrum is one many people find hard to figure out. Myself included. At the core of it - one person is taking advantage of another. This thread has talked a lot about how we can protect ourselves but...more importantly, people should not be c*nts. That would kinda fix it.

over a year ago

"

It’s a conundrum I haven’t figured out yet. Quite unsettling and it makes it difficult to trust anybody.

I think that conundrum is one many people find hard to figure out. Myself included. At the core of it - one person is taking advantage of another. This thread has talked a lot about how we can protect ourselves but...more importantly, people should not be c*nts. That would kinda fix it. "

True. But we’re all somebody else’s cunt.

over a year ago

Unfortunately yes. Not necessarily from Fab. People use people to source what they need, never reciprocate, discard the good hearted person once they realise nothing more can be gained or manipulated.

It's a horrible to realise that's the position you are in. I'm worth way more than that - it's why I'm always up front as I don't tolerate BS now and expect the same from others but trust us an issue.

over a year ago

"Unfortunately some people will suck the life out of you until you are unable to give yourself anymore because your heart won't let you then you become the bastard to someone special because you can't give yourself it's sad

Not good to get to that point "

It's sad to be this way I wouldn't wish it on anyone especially when the abuser moves on in life with no fucks given on to their next victim

over a year ago

"Some men I've had sex with were just getting their rocks of it seems.

I'm sure most people ask for something that only benefits them, at some point.

Not me though, I'm an angel "

I agree - I think I would say it's damaging when someone is taking a great deal more than they give and not showing any care for your well-being. And if they're not being transparent about things.

over a year ago

"

I think that conundrum is one many people find hard to figure out. Myself included. At the core of it - one person is taking advantage of another. This thread has talked a lot about how we can protect ourselves but...more importantly, people should not be c*nts. That would kinda fix it.

True. But we’re all somebody else’s cunt."

Speak for yourself! I have one. I'm not one.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Not on here, but in the past yes I've realised I was being used.

The thing is the arrangement we had really worked for me, so I continued with it. I gave a little less support and stopped rearranging my plans whenever he asked me to - I stopped putting myself out quite as much, as I was the only one making concessions.

It is a rather transactional view but I tend to match the effort levels of my partner and since he wasn't putting the effort in I wasn't going to carry the entire arrangement alone!

When it no longer worked for me I walked away without a backwards glance, knowing that although my leaving was inconvenient for the guy concerned he had no feelings or emotions involved so I didn't need to worry about that.

over a year ago

"Unfortunately yes. Not necessarily from Fab. People use people to source what they need, never reciprocate, discard the good hearted person once they realise nothing more can be gained or manipulated.

It's a horrible to realise that's the position you are in. I'm worth way more than that - it's why I'm always up front as I don't tolerate BS now and expect the same from others but trust us an issue. "

It's when you realise it that it stings. We are all worth more than that.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Does it happen to you?

. I have had no problem with Fabs but in the past at work I have loaned colleagues at work £30 - £80 and never got it back even after they left there was the normal give me your number and I call you when I have it 7 years later I am still waiting for the call.Now when colleagues talk to me about money I walk away.

over a year ago

I’ve been used or certainly felt used.

I think the best way to avoid it is by having boundaries.

We can all be people pleasers or afraid to say no to people we’re interested in and not no to doing acts we wouldn’t be comfortable with but saying no to opportunities to spend time with that person.

If everything seems like it’s on the other persons terms or you wouldn’t feel confident making plans to see that person then just fuck them off.

over a year ago

"Not on here, but in the past yes I've realised I was being used.

The thing is the arrangement we had really worked for me, so I continued with it. I gave a little less support and stopped rearranging my plans whenever he asked me to - I stopped putting myself out quite as much, as I was the only one making concessions.

It is a rather transactional view but I tend to match the effort levels of my partner and since he wasn't putting the effort in I wasn't going to carry the entire arrangement alone!

When it no longer worked for me I walked away without a backwards glance, knowing that although my leaving was inconvenient for the guy concerned he had no feelings or emotions involved so I didn't need to worry about that."

You made it work for you and felt in control. That's a good outcome! I guess losing control and feeling manipulated is a big part of why it feels crappy.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

If no, how do you avoid it? . I have had no problem with Fabs but in the past at work I have loaned colleagues at work £30 - £80 and never got it back even after they left there was the normal give me your number and I call you when I have it 7 years later I am still waiting for the call.Now when colleagues talk to me about money I walk away."

Ouch! Walking away definitely sounds the best approach now.

over a year ago

"I’ve been used or certainly felt used.

We can all be people pleasers or afraid to say no to people we’re interested in and not no to doing acts we wouldn’t be comfortable with but saying no to opportunities to spend time with that person.

If everything seems like it’s on the other persons terms or you wouldn’t feel confident making plans to see that person then just fuck them off. "

Ah you seem familiar Yeah, boundaries are definitely the key!

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Yep, but it was always my fault. Never the ex’s apparently.

Yet I should have learnt my lesson the first time round, but hey ho.

over a year ago

"Yep, but it was always my fault. Never the ex’s apparently.

Yet I should have learnt my lesson the first time round, but hey ho. "

Learning lessons is a positive though? Ive been in this situation a few times, it doesn't mean I'm crap and nor are you.

over a year ago

If everything seems like it’s on the other persons terms or you wouldn’t feel confident making plans to see that person then just fuck them off.

Ah you seem familiar Yeah, boundaries are definitely the key! "

It’s easier to give advice than take it but I’ve been in situations before when I’ve liked a guy but it’s a bit one sided. Everything has always been on his terms. Like if he’d been flaky with me or not contacted me for a while then got in touch asking to meet I’d be like yeah yeah, when the correct thing to do is thank them for the offer and say you’d love to meet but you’ve already got other plans. It feels like cutting your nose off to spite your face cos you want to see them but you have to think bigger picture. It shows them that you’re not just available at the the drop of a hat or whenever it suits them and if they want to secure some time with you then they need to make solid plans in advance. A lot of people, myself included would feel scared to say no in case they don’t ask you again but they will and it shows them you have respect for yourself and you aren’t afraid of losing them and are perfectly happy with it without them.

over a year ago

Been used for sex and for money.

Both not that long ago.

Im 47 and because of that for the 1st time in my life i now have a wall up.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

It's happened to me quite a few times over the years, my problem being that I can be too easy going for my own good, but once I have them sussed, they have invariably overlooked the fact that they are playing with a grand master of minds games who lets them have enough rope that they eventually hang themselves, and that's when they become history. And guess what! All the arse licking in the world doesn't get me to change my mind.

over a year ago

Happened to us both, not for sex but for money, food, clothes and a roof over their heads.

Other things as well but trying to forget, it's why we keep people at arms length

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Does it happen to you?

If no, how do you avoid it? . I have had no problem with Fabs but in the past at work I have loaned colleagues at work £30 - £80 and never got it back even after they left there was the normal give me your number and I call you when I have it 7 years later I am still waiting for the call.Now when colleagues talk to me about money I walk away.

Ouch! Walking away definitely sounds the best approach now. "

. I have walked away from it it’s only seen this thread that bought it back and what a soft touch , gullible person I was and at times still am.2 of the members of staff where one grade higher than me so had a better salary the other the same grade as me.

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Learning lessons is a positive though? Ive been in this situation a few times, it doesn't mean I'm crap and nor are you. "

It should be a positive, but honestly the extent of what she said has practically enabled me develop self-sabotage techniques which I’m having to slowly pick apart & undo.

over a year ago

Ah you seem familiar Yeah, boundaries are definitely the key!

It’s easier to give advice than take it but I’ve been in situations before when I’ve liked a guy but it’s a bit one sided. Everything has always been on his terms. Like if he’d been flaky with me or not contacted me for a while then got in touch asking to meet I’d be like yeah yeah, when the correct thing to do is thank them for the offer and say you’d love to meet but you’ve already got other plans. It feels like cutting your nose off to spite your face cos you want to see them but you have to think bigger picture. It shows them that you’re not just available at the the drop of a hat or whenever it suits them and if they want to secure some time with you then they need to make solid plans in advance. A lot of people, myself included would feel scared to say no in case they don’t ask you again but they will and it shows them you have respect for yourself and you aren’t afraid of losing them and are perfectly happy with it without them. "

Sometimes need to reframe "people pleasing" into this mindset. I still have to challenge myself not to automatically go along with others.

over a year ago

"Been used for sex and for money.

Both not that long ago.

Im 47 and because of that for the 1st time in my life i now have a wall up."

I am sorry to hear that. Can completely understand the wall going up.

over a year ago

"It's happened to me quite a few times over the years, my problem being that I can be too easy going for my own good, but once I have them sussed, they have invariably overlooked the fact that they are playing with a grand master of minds games who lets them have enough rope that they eventually hang themselves, and that's when they become history. And guess what! All the arse licking in the world doesn't get me to change my mind. "

I can't really relate as I don't want to get anyone back, I just want to get out. Good that it works for you.

over a year ago

"Happened to us both, not for sex but for money, food, clothes and a roof over their heads.

Other things as well but trying to forget, it's why we keep people at arms length"

That's the worst thing - is that we put up walls which are so hard to break down again. Sorry that happened to you.

over a year ago

Does it happen to you?

If no, how do you avoid it? . I have had no problem with Fabs but in the past at work I have loaned colleagues at work £30 - £80 and never got it back even after they left there was the normal give me your number and I call you when I have it 7 years later I am still waiting for the call.Now when colleagues talk to me about money I walk away.

Ouch! Walking away definitely sounds the best approach now. . I have walked away from it it’s only seen this thread that bought it back and what a soft touch , gullible person I was and at times still am.2 of the members of staff where one grade higher than me so had a better salary the other the same grade as me."

I can't see that using those words about yourself years later helps you. You trusted the wrong people, but they are the ones at fault.

over a year ago

Learning lessons is a positive though? Ive been in this situation a few times, it doesn't mean I'm crap and nor are you.

It should be a positive, but honestly the extent of what she said has practically enabled me develop self-sabotage techniques which I’m having to slowly pick apart & undo.

"

But you ARE slowly fixing the damage. I am four years on fixing my damage but...it's still getting fixed!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

It's probably not to the same magnitude of what you've experienced, but it's happened to me once, two years ago when I first joined Fab. And I still find it difficult to describe...

Everything about it felt synthetic and non-reciprocal: the dialogue, the socials and the sex. It was about her 'wants' and 'needs' and I blindly complied. I was suddenly jettisoned from her life once her appetite for everything was fully sated.

Although it was all mutually consensual I couldn't help feeling 'sensually violated'.

over a year ago

Any stress raisers in your life are better avoided, your not a lump of meet to be used when required then discarded like a used condom

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"Yes it’s happened to me on more than one occasion in the past.

Personal boundaries must come into play and only you can choose what behaviours to accept or not. The early you set these out the easier it is to see this kind of behaviour "

Nothing to do with the thread ( sorry OP) but i just needed to say absolutely fabulous pictures.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

"It's happened to me quite a few times over the years, my problem being that I can be too easy going for my own good, but once I have them sussed, they have invariably overlooked the fact that they are playing with a grand master of minds games who lets them have enough rope that they eventually hang themselves, and that's when they become history. And guess what! All the arse licking in the world doesn't get me to change my mind.

I can't really relate as I don't want to get anyone back, I just want to get out. Good that it works for you. "

Oh it's invariably been a case that they came back with their tails between their legs as they realised what side their bread was buttered on, and that's when I would enjoy a good gloat, even more profound when I had their replacement in place.

over a year ago

"It's probably not to the same magnitude of what you've experienced, but it's happened to me once, two years ago when I first joined Fab. And I still find it difficult to describe...

Everything about it felt synthetic and non-reciprocal: the dialogue, the socials and the sex. It was about her 'wants' and 'needs' and I blindly complied. I was suddenly jettisoned from her life once her appetite for everything was fully sated.

Although it was all mutually consensual I couldn't help feeling 'sensually violated'."

That sounds a rubbish experience Do you have any insight into why you complied?

over a year ago

"Any stress raisers in your life are better avoided, your not a lump of meet to be used when required then discarded like a used condom"

Nobody is

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"It's probably not to the same magnitude of what you've experienced, but it's happened to me once, two years ago when I first joined Fab. And I still find it difficult to describe...

Although it was all mutually consensual I couldn't help feeling 'sensually violated'.

That sounds a rubbish experience Do you have any insight into why you complied?"

Because I (unwittingly) lived with the eternal hope and belief that, beneath her veneer of shallowness, her true self would come through. But she was immutable.

And, if I can be candid and honest with you... I wanted to get laid. (But not at all costs)

over a year ago

That sounds a rubbish experience Do you have any insight into why you complied?

Because I (unwittingly) lived with the eternal hope and belief that, beneath her veneer of shallowness, her true self would come through. But she was immutable.

And, if I can be candid and honest with you... I wanted to get laid. (But not at all costs)"

Ah, well there lies some truth. We want to believe the best of people and we want what they dangle in front of us! It wasn't sex for me, it was kink, but the same principle applies.

Post new Message to Thread