Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forgive me for I have sinned

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Forgive me for I have sinned, I have broken one of my rules. I double texted/ double messaged someone twice this week one was on whatsapp, one on fab (was replying to her status)

As a rule I genuinely don't ever double text, if you ignore my message, I move on and after some time, block and delete you. Did that 3 times in the past few weeks (a couple on fab) and a lady on fab who ignored my message and I deleted her number (still have her as a friend on fab, but will change that soon enough)

But guys, do you double text/message whether it's tinder/fab/whatsapp etc? And what are your thoughts on double texting?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

On WhatsApp yeah, if they're on there I consider us mates and understand they'll get back to me as and when.

I appreciate I ain't number 1 priority in their life at that moment in time and I ain't gonna cut off a friendship because of it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mate . I had double texted . Triple texted . Quadruple texted . Even quintuple (is that even a word) texted ……

over a year ago

Nope one message and I don’t ever message back till they have

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

There aren't any rules, that's just ridiculous.

over a year ago

I don’t have the double text rule just these…….

One: Don't pick up the phone

You know he's only callin' 'cause he's d*unk and alone

Two: Don't let him in

You have to kick him out again

Three: Don't be his friend

You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the mornin'

And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him

over a year ago

"On WhatsApp yeah, if they're on there I consider us mates and understand they'll get back to me as and when.

I appreciate I ain't number 1 priority in their life at that moment in time and I ain't gonna cut off a friendship because of it."

I'm not talking about a friendship, just someone I was chatting with on fa. Who wanted my number to organise meeting up.

And we were chatting and the person didn't reply after a few days while I'm seeing them online, that's just disrespectful in my books tbh.

over a year ago

"I don’t have the double text rule just these…….

One: Don't pick up the phone

You know he's only callin' 'cause he's d*unk and alone

Two: Don't let him in

You have to kick him out again

Three: Don't be his friend

You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the mornin'

And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him"

Lol haha cute

over a year ago

"Nope one message and I don’t ever message back till they have "

Exactly

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"On WhatsApp yeah, if they're on there I consider us mates and understand they'll get back to me as and when.

I appreciate I ain't number 1 priority in their life at that moment in time and I ain't gonna cut off a friendship because of it.

I'm not talking about a friendship, just someone I was chatting with on fa. Who wanted my number to organise meeting up.

And we were chatting and the person didn't reply after a few days while I'm seeing them online, that's just disrespectful in my books tbh."

Why is it? You're not owed a reply.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It depends on the situation. On fab I'd be unlikely to message more than once with no reply.

With my friends it's different I don't apply arbitrary rules to friendship. However if someone makes it clear that they no longer want to be my friend by continuously not responding over several months I will not push me self on them further.

By *ustdaveHantsMan
over a year ago

chippenham

"There aren't any rules, that's just ridiculous."

What about rules on blocking?

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I double messaged for the first time last week. As long as you are polite and not the cringing type "Why did you not reply?" etc then it can be worth it...sometimes.

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

And we were chatting and the person didn't reply after a few days while I'm seeing them online, that's just disrespectful in my books tbh.

Why is it? You're not owed a reply."

I think he is owed a reply.

They’ve gone as far as exchanging numbers so the arena of decency would suggest replying to either see it through or give closure to a scenario that’s going nowhere.

Why is it about owing anything and not respecting each other?

Not replying to first messages I get as that’s a clear not interested but once engaged in conversation and numbers exchanged....that’s a game changer no?

over a year ago

They’ve gone as far as exchanging numbers so the arena of decency would suggest replying to either see it through or give closure to a scenario that’s going nowhere.

Not replying to first messages I get as that’s a clear not interested but once engaged in conversation and numbers exchanged....that’s a game changer no?"

Exactly, for me it's about respect.

over a year ago

"It depends on the situation. On fab I'd be unlikely to message more than once with no reply.

With my friends it's different I don't apply arbitrary rules to friendship. However if someone makes it clear that they no longer want to be my friend by continuously not responding over several months I will not push me self on them further."

Exactly friendship is different.

over a year ago

If you’ve had to establish rules regarding how to deal with people who don’t reply to your messages then it would suggest that it’s something that happens to you a lot, so maybe it’s something you’re doing wrong rather than them being disrespectful. You could look back at what you said to the people who stopped replying and consider whether you said something to put them off as it may help to prevent it happening so often in the future if you refrain from making the same mistakes again.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

“You offend God not only by stealing, blaspheming or coveting your neighbour's wife, but also by double texting a woman” - said no priest ever!

over a year ago

What is double texting? Sending a message when the last one wasn't replied to?

It's an odd one. In real life I may speak to a person when passing in the corridor. I won't make a note of who made the last comment.

over a year ago

"“You offend God not only by stealing, blaspheming or coveting your neighbour's wife, but also by double texting a woman” - said no priest ever!"

They only had fax machines in biblical times.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"What is double texting? Sending a message when the last one wasn't replied to?

It's an odd one. In real life I may speak to a person when passing in the corridor. I won't make a note of who made the last comment. "

Well thats you going to hell then!

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"“You offend God not only by stealing, blaspheming or coveting your neighbour's wife, but also by double texting a woman” - said no priest ever!

They only had fax machines in biblical times. "

Given how much work it was to chisel that faf message you never made the mistake of double tabletting back then!

over a year ago

It's an odd one. In real life I may speak to a person when passing in the corridor. I won't make a note of who made the last comment. "

You’re obviously not an entitled narcissist then.

over a year ago

Can't be arsed with rules. Wouldn't be arsed with being worried about breaking the rules (if I had them). The idea of such rules feels like all people are the same.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

They wouldn't have my number in the first place if it's someone on fab.

As I haven't sent a first contact message on here in nearly 2 years I can easily say I don't even single message without reply never mind double message.

I don't play fabtag anymore. If someone doesn't reply after the first message they obviously have no interest in me or are expecting me to chase. That won't be happening. If they send me a message and I reply and they don't respond to that then the conversation ends right there.

over a year ago

It's an odd one. In real life I may speak to a person when passing in the corridor. I won't make a note of who made the last comment.

Well thats you going to hell then!"

I'm already there.

over a year ago

My impatience takes me to three unanswered before knowing I must wait for a reply, from a relatively new person. Someone I know, I will take and give out an endless number of messages before anyone has to reply. Sometimes there is a lot to say that is only for long suffering friends though, Id likely not pester after 3 for new people.

over a year ago

Not replying to first messages I get as that’s a clear not interested but once engaged in conversation and numbers exchanged....that’s a game changer no?"

Very true.

But the actions shown. Really do show the level of where it is. Do not over think.

I had the very same 2 weeks ago. Gave my number out, had a call withing 2 mins chatted laughed etc. Agreed for a meet up chat,drink from the 6th Dec.

I texted to ask are we still on? What's her flexabiltiy/time/location.

I had a return lazy WhatsApp back.

Oh I have been jabbed! nothing since then...

Heh ho.

Life goes on.

Next pls. !!

Post new Message to Thread