Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Milestone Birthdays

Jump to newest

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've got one coming up, the big one.

I was wondering how others celebrated a big birthday. I want to spend it with my family and make it memorable. We originally wanted to have a 5* holiday somewhere like the Maldives. So glad we didn't book anything!

We are thinking of getting a nice Airbnb maybe in Edinburgh and hiring a private chef.

Tell me about your big ones

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m 30 on the 27th xx

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I’m 30 on the 27th xx"

Are you doing anything nice?

I remember really hating turning 30, looking back I'm not sure why. I should of just embraced it

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've got one coming up, the big one.

I was wondering how others celebrated a big birthday. I want to spend it with my family and make it memorable. We originally wanted to have a 5* holiday somewhere like the Maldives. So glad we didn't book anything!

We are thinking of getting a nice Airbnb maybe in Edinburgh and hiring a private chef.

Tell me about your big ones "

My 60th was a year ago. Big party planned for family to travel from all over. Live music, family talent, awesome food all set in a medieval building.

Yeah, cancelled.

However, my 50th was at my ace. I hired a hot tub which was out in the front garden, my son rifled through my photos and projected them all, it was NYE so I did Scottish themed food, the cake was both stunning and shocking and the people I invited were there because I wanted them to be, not because we happened to be related.

It was just wonderful.

over a year ago

I think I’m a little odd. Ive never celebrated any on my milestones. Maybe because it’s so close to Christmas and New year, everyone’s all partied out.

I imagine my 50th will be spent the same as previous ones.

over a year ago

Hard to believe I've been pestering you that long!

40th was a long weekend in Paris.

50th was a cruise..

Whatever you decide, enjoy....x

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I've got one coming up, the big one.

Tell me about your big ones

My 60th was a year ago. Big party planned for family to travel from all over. Live music, family talent, awesome food all set in a medieval building.

Yeah, cancelled.

However, my 50th was at my ace. I hired a hot tub which was out in the front garden, my son rifled through my photos and projected them all, it was NYE so I did Scottish themed food, the cake was both stunning and shocking and the people I invited were there because I wanted them to be, not because we happened to be related.

It was just wonderful. "

Sorry to hear you had cancel your 60th plans.

Your 50th though sounds amazing, I bet the people who were there still talk about it now

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I think I’m a little odd. Ive never celebrated any on my milestones. Maybe because it’s so close to Christmas and New year, everyone’s all partied out.

I imagine my 50th will be spent the same as previous ones. "

I've never had a party, dint want one. I'd much rather spend it with my family

You should definitely do something for your 50th!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The only birthday I've ever celebrated was my 21st. My dad passed away a week before my 22nd and every birthday after that was just like any other day. However I did plan on doing something special for my 50th but my mum died 2 weeks before that so that put paid to that.

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Hard to believe I've been pestering you that long!

50th was a cruise..

Whatever you decide, enjoy....x"

No, you haven't!!

We had a long weekend in Cheltenham minus the kids for my 40th. They were still little so didn't want to be too far away from home.

Thank you, whatever we do I will be happy

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I have a big one Next December so I’ve created a list ….. fifty things to do before I’m fifty

Can’t wait to start ticking them off

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

For my 50th we took some friends on the Severn valley railway for a murder mystery night. Then stayed in the George Hotel in Bewdley. It was a fantastic night. We also had a weekend in a lodge in Wales with the children. Thst was a brilliant time.

Mrs NC

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

50 next year going on a cruise

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've never really done anything special, but my birthday is just before Christmas so everyone is always busy and skint!

45 next week... Hoping we're still allowed out.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

For my 60th few years back my kids did me surprise (or so they thought) party hired a hall and a disco invited my friends and family was a good evening x

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

For my 40th I was on holiday in Portugal my next big one is 50 and I plan on being in foreign climes again ...I'd really like to go to Japan ....I better start saving now

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Mrs celebrated her 50th on holiday, mine is too close to Christmas so went out or a meal with the family.

By *evonshireboyMan
over a year ago

North Devon

My 50th fell in the middle of lockdown, so I did a 50-mile charity bike ride and ordered an Indian takeaway in the evening.

Not quite what I had in mind really. Couldn't even go to the pub!

Thought I would do something when lockdown finished but somehow the moment had passed and it didn't seem worth it.

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"The only birthday I've ever celebrated was my 21st. My dad passed away a week before my 22nd and every birthday after that was just like any other day. However I did plan on doing something special for my 50th but my mum died 2 weeks before that so that put paid to that. "

Awwwww, sorry to read that. I've also lost both of my parents, it's hard.

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I have a big one Next December so I’ve created a list ….. fifty things to do before I’m fifty

Can’t wait to start ticking them off "

Good idea

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"For my 50th we took some friends on the Severn valley railway for a murder mystery night. Then stayed in the George Hotel in Bewdley. It was a fantastic night. We also had a weekend in a lodge in Wales with the children. Thst was a brilliant time.

Mrs NC "

Sounds perfect. Friends and family

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"50 next year going on a cruise "

My cousins are into cruising and have invited me along next time they go. I'm not sure it's for me, I'd prefer more time in each stop.

Whereabouts are you going?

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I've never really done anything special, but my birthday is just before Christmas so everyone is always busy and skint!

45 next week... Hoping we're still allowed out."

Hope so! Have a good time

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"For my 60th few years back my kids did me surprise (or so they thought) party hired a hall and a disco invited my friends and family was a good evening x"

Very thoughtful. I'd kill mine if they done that!

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"For my 40th I was on holiday in Portugal my next big one is 50 and I plan on being in foreign climes again ...I'd really like to go to Japan ....I better start saving now "

Yes, that won't be cheap!!

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Mrs celebrated her 50th on holiday, mine is too close to Christmas so went out or a meal with the family."

Nice

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"My 50th fell in the middle of lockdown, so I did a 50-mile charity bike ride and ordered an Indian takeaway in the evening.

Not quite what I had in mind really. Couldn't even go to the pub!

Thought I would do something when lockdown finished but somehow the moment had passed and it didn't seem worth it."

At least you done something, and for charity to ~ brilliant

over a year ago

Had a perfect day Surfing on my 40th with mates followed by a bbq and cake!

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

"For my 50th we took some friends on the Severn valley railway for a murder mystery night. Then stayed in the George Hotel in Bewdley. It was a fantastic night. We also had a weekend in a lodge in Wales with the children. Thst was a brilliant time.

Mrs NC

Sounds perfect. Friends and family "

Both weekends were brilliant

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I was meant to go to florida for my 50th with my best friend who was celebrating her milestone birthday as well.

A year on and we still can't go.

We will celebrating by going once covid quietens down

over a year ago

squaddie here, best birthday was my 28th in Kenya, got on a helicopter after 2 weeks in the field, crew knew it was my birthday, gave me a sick bag and proceeded to conduct evasive low level maneuvers..got off the heli 20mins later with my breakfast in the sick bag..Best birthday ever! been planning last 2 birthdays in nz but covid...hopefully next year

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"50 next year going on a cruise

My cousins are into cruising and have invited me along next time they go. I'm not sure it's for me, I'd prefer more time in each stop.

Whereabouts are you going?"

fortloradale, casablanca, lisbon few other places

over a year ago

50 on New Years Eve. Wanted to go away for it but bloody Covid has put that idea to bed still not a clue what to do instead!

over a year ago

50th was a cruise..

No, you haven't!!

We had a long weekend in Cheltenham minus the kids for my 40th. They were still little so didn't want to be too far away from home.

Thank you, whatever we do I will be happy "

Cheltenham? Bloody hell I was living there 10 years ago! Did you stay at The Queens?

over a year ago

Turning 30 next month a month after Christmas! Would love a little getaway somewhere cold so we could have a log fire, snuggled up finding ways to keep warm. No interruptions I can dream

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Had a perfect day Surfing on my 40th with mates followed by a bbq and cake! "

Sounds great

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I was meant to go to florida for my 50th with my best friend who was celebrating her milestone birthday as well.

A year on and we still can't go.

We will celebrating by going once covid quietens down "

You've got it to look forward to

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"50 next year going on a cruise

Whereabouts are you going?

fortloradale, casablanca, lisbon few other places "

Lovely

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"50 on New Years Eve. Wanted to go away for it but bloody Covid has put that idea to bed still not a clue what to do instead! "

Its only around the corner, better get your thinking cap on!

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"squaddie here, best birthday was my 28th in Kenya, got on a helicopter after 2 weeks in the field, crew knew it was my birthday, gave me a sick bag and proceeded to conduct evasive low level maneuvers..got off the heli 20mins later with my breakfast in the sick bag..Best birthday ever! been planning last 2 birthdays in nz but covid...hopefully next year "

Oh to be 28!!! Lol

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

50th was a cruise..

No, you haven't!!

Cheltenham? Bloody hell I was living there 10 years ago! Did you stay at The Queens?"

We stated at Hotel Du Vin was very nice especially in the wine cellar

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Turning 30 next month a month after Christmas! Would love a little getaway somewhere cold so we could have a log fire, snuggled up finding ways to keep warm. No interruptions I can dream "

Do it!

By *moothshaftMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Blimey V, have I been looking at those gorgeous legs for that long!

Think we first chatted at least 5 or 6 years back!

I'm of an age now where every year's a bonus lol.

I'm sure you'll have the perfect time wherever! Xx

over a year ago

50th was a cruise..

No, you haven't!!

Cheltenham? Bloody hell I was living there 10 years ago! Did you stay at The Queens?

We stated at Hotel Du Vin was very nice especially in the wine cellar "

Yes, I know it. Nice, I hope you left impressed. The Montpellier/Tivoli area is considered tres chic!..

over a year ago

Aww was lucky had mine in summer and booked weekend in lakes to celebrate with my bestie on here, we enjoyed eating, walking, shopping and a couple sexy prearranged naughty meets perfect

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

My big 60 in 30 days, absolutely nothing planned

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I had a vintage afternoon tea party and brought in a fantastic vocalist who sang through the 30s 40s and 50s

It was in the garden so all outdoors, it was warm and sunny and the fizz flowed. It was the highlight of my year really

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"My big 60 in 30 days, absolutely nothing planned"

Well, at your age you wouldn’t want to plan anything too far in advance would you.

over a year ago

My family had a surprise party for my 40th, it was nice.. its my 45th tomorro out for dinner and cocktails with my baby sis who is 25 lol

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Blimey V, have I been looking at those gorgeous legs for that long!

Think we first chatted at least 5 or 6 years back!

I'm of an age now where every year's a bonus lol.

I'm sure you'll have the perfect time wherever! Xx"

All booked, just got to find me a private chef

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

50th was a cruise..

No, you haven't!!

We stated at Hotel Du Vin was very nice especially in the wine cellar

Yes, I know it. Nice, I hope you left impressed. The Montpellier/Tivoli area is considered tres chic!.. "

Very

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Aww was lucky had mine in summer and booked weekend in lakes to celebrate with my bestie on here, we enjoyed eating, walking, shopping and a couple sexy prearranged naughty meets perfect "

The Lakes ~ that's a good shout

over a year ago

"squaddie here, best birthday was my 28th in Kenya, got on a helicopter after 2 weeks in the field, crew knew it was my birthday, gave me a sick bag and proceeded to conduct evasive low level maneuvers..got off the heli 20mins later with my breakfast in the sick bag..Best birthday ever! been planning last 2 birthdays in nz but covid...hopefully next year

Oh to be 28!!! Lol"

I look 28 sometimes or so I've been told after a haircut and 3 month training regime lol

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I had a vintage afternoon tea party and brought in a fantastic vocalist who sang through the 30s 40s and 50s

It was in the garden so all outdoors, it was warm and sunny and the fizz flowed. It was the highlight of my year really "

Amazing!

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"My family had a surprise party for my 40th, it was nice.. its my 45th tomorro out for dinner and cocktails with my baby sis who is 25 lol"

45 feels good Have a great time

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I got a £4 pot plant for my 30th from the Mrs.

I wouldn’t mind but she ended up killing it too!

over a year ago

"I had a vintage afternoon tea party and brought in a fantastic vocalist who sang through the 30s 40s and 50s

It was in the garden so all outdoors, it was warm and sunny and the fizz flowed. It was the highlight of my year really "

that honestly sounds like total bliss!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'll be 60 next March, it's on a Saturday, so I'll probably go to the Attic as it's only a 10 minute walk from me

By *oonloverWoman
over a year ago

bognor regis

50th tomorrow ....nothing planned

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 16/12/21 23:52:51]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’ve found the birthdays that end in a 1 have been way better than the milestones, it’s nearly time to party again

over a year ago

"My family had a surprise party for my 40th, it was nice.. its my 45th tomorro out for dinner and cocktails with my baby sis who is 25 lol

45 feels good Have a great time "

Thank you, 1st time seeing it on my profile "45" arghh its real

over a year ago

"50th tomorrow ....nothing planned "

Happy 50th.. im 45 today have a great day x

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

I've got one next year. I would like to Spend quality tume with my man. Goto the lake district for a week. Nice hotel, spa treatments, 4 poster bed. Touring round the lakes and hills. I've also said I'd like a ring. I know what I like and want. So we're spend the time in the next year looking for it. The goal to make memorires.

Won't be planning a meet, as got stood up by a time waster, well verifeid this year.

Hope you enjoy yours.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I think I’m a little odd. Ive never celebrated any on my milestones. Maybe because it’s so close to Christmas and New year, everyone’s all partied out.

I imagine my 50th will be spent the same as previous ones. "

Snap. Ev

By *ogNMuseCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

"50 next year going on a cruise "

I’ve never been that fussed as most of my birthdays have been ‘meh’ 3 weeks after Xmas tends to do that! But I was 50 in January was really looking forward to our cruise on the QM2 - rebooked for next Jan, with all the nonsense happening (again) decided to get refund and literally book last minute when things are a bit more normal - it’ll end up being a joint 60th with the wife at this rate

By *ogNMuseCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

Meant to add we’ll probably do a couple of nights at the crazy bear hotel again - guaranteed naughtiness

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Dudley

"Meant to add we’ll probably do a couple of nights at the crazy bear hotel again - guaranteed naughtiness "

I'm in complete denial, despite my profile saying 52 I'm actually only forty twelve...

over a year ago

A week tomorrow is my 30th I’m dreading it x

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I had morning sickness for my 30th. We had family around but I spent most of the time lying on the sofa feeling ill. We did manage to get a mini holiday down to Lyme Regis a few weeks later. I still wasn't feeling great and we had our then 20 month old with us but still managed to have a nice time. Eating made me feel a bit better so I remember trying lots of ice-cream

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Husband wanted to take me to Barcelona for my 30th, but his health insurance cost more than the holiday (he had cancer)

Next year I’m off to sunshine with family and I can’t wait

Post new Message to Thread