Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

SEN!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As a parent who has a child with SEN(Special Educational Needs), for those not familiar with acronyms I was wondering how many fellow swingers are blessed with such special children? Possibly with a view to forming a support group as it's good to talk!

This is a serious post so no sick messages/posts

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Great idea! We don't have any children (yet), but I (fem) have worked with SEN children and adults for years. Very rewarding, uplifting and often humbling work. Good luck x

Reply privately

over a year ago

We got a 12yr old son with S E N

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a son who we were very lucky to have got statmented at the age of 7 , 20 years ago now. What sticks in my mind is my friends son who is same age didn't get picked up until he was 14.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My youngest is dyslexic and she is with the Senco teacher. Was only picked up in year 5 a teacher spotted she may need glasses and it was the optician that picked it up now she is doing amazingly well and using her coloured overlay to help her with her reading x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a parent who has a child with SEN(Special Educational Needs), for those not familiar with acronyms I was wondering how many fellow swingers are blessed with such special children? Possibly with a view to forming a support group as it's good to talk!

This is a serious post so no sick messages/posts "

If anyone wishes to discuss this sensitve matter privatly feel free y inbox me!

I AM NOT JUST DOING THIS FOR MEETS but to offer support from my experiences x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My youngest is dyslexic and she is with the Senco teacher. Was only picked up in year 5 a teacher spotted she may need glasses and it was the optician that picked it up now she is doing amazingly well and using her coloured overlay to help her with her reading x"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a parent who has a child with SEN(Special Educational Needs), for those not familiar with acronyms I was wondering how many fellow swingers are blessed with such special children? Possibly with a view to forming a support group as it's good to talk!

This is a serious post so no sick messages/posts

If anyone wishes to discuss this sensitve matter privatly feel free y inbox me!

I AM NOT JUST DOING THIS FOR MEETS but to offer support from my experiences x"

If anyone thinks you are doing it to get meets then there are no words to describe them.

I have friends who are blessed SEN children.

Reply privately

over a year ago

think there will be a lot on here who know or have a relative with SEN needs...

It's good to talk to people in a similar situation and be able to help each other at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

"think there will be a lot on here who know or have a relative with SEN needs...

It's good to talk to people in a similar situation and be able to help each other at times "

Reply privately

By *kip123Man
over a year ago

Barry

The idea of peole who are in the same situation getting together to give support is an exellent idea, and may it come to friut. I have a younger sister who needs care and understanding But, the only people who you could talk to were doctors, nurses etc when she was young. What we did have was a caring and understanding community where I lived and everybody looked out for my sister. These people did more her than anything. I do hope a group is formed so people can meet and give support to each other. Good luck

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Why not join one of the many excellent existing sites for parents of SEN children?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why not join one of the many excellent existing sites for parents of SEN children? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why not join one of the many excellent existing sites for parents of SEN children? "

Although there are many very supportive sites out there this is different as it as aimed at like minded people on this site. From the positive response both on the forum and in P.M I'd say many people agree!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I also work in a child focussed industry and have children with SEN's so again if anyone wants to inbox me too am here .........

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Why not join one of the many excellent existing sites for parents of SEN children?

Although there are many very supportive sites out there this is different as it as aimed at like minded people on this site. From the positive response both on the forum and in P.M I'd say many people agree! "

So why would you need like minded people on a swinging site to discuss children with SEN?

I think you are better using the many sites available that have support groups and are more appropriate.

Reply privately