Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Monday Mental Health Check In (13.12)

Jump to newest

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

This was well received last week so let’s go with it again.

How are you? Don’t forget you can also reply with an emoji if you don’t want to go into detail

I’m better than I was last week, but still a little jittery this morning. All of the big things I was worrying about last week are out of the way so I feel I have some breathing space x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good for you. Sending best wishes xx

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

What a lovely idea.

Last night I posted the Samaritans number, as it’s clear things are going to get tougher over the next few months. Two friends immediately told me they were struggling.

Stick together folks, all we can rely on is each other.

over a year ago

I'm a bit emotional for many reasons at the moment.

My confidence is low and the festive blues have kicked in.

That said I'm trying really hard to find something good in every day.

over a year ago

Great post OP

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Wishing everyone a good week.

Glad to hear things are a little different this week OP.

Mentally I'm doing okay. Had some good news regarding work for next year.

over a year ago

You know for once im actually feeling ok today . No idea why but makes a nice change

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Mentally I'm good fit and ready xxx

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Right now it's probably a weird hybrid of the following - but I'm minimizing other people having to deal with me today.

over a year ago

"This was well received last week so let’s go with it again.

How are you? Don’t forget you can also reply with an emoji if you don’t want to go into detail

I’m better than I was last week, but still a little jittery this morning. All of the big things I was worrying about last week are out of the way so I feel I have some breathing space x"

A great idea OP! I'm like you, I get jittery and in turn makes me ill (I am right now,completely run down) I get heart palps when I'm really jittery too so I have to just step back sometimes. I have got some deadlines to complete before Friday but I'm feeling confident I'll get them done as long as noone gives me any sort of attitude this week. My mindset gets shot to pieces if people can't hold their tongue when I'm under pressure. I've got a couple things still left to get for Christmas but I think I'm going to reassign them to my husband to sort. (a comprehensive list of exactly what he needs to do! )

My mood will probably be 'stressed' on Thursday.

over a year ago

Just remember to treat others as you like to be treated always someone worse off than you are

over a year ago

"I'm a bit emotional for many reasons at the moment.

My confidence is low and the festive blues have kicked in.

That said I'm trying really hard to find something good in every day.

"

I know I don’t know you but always here if you need to chat xx

over a year ago

Thank you OP and agree great to be there , last week gone now new week and hopefully keep chin up smiling, we stronger than realise too, I do find this time of year hard but know we not alone x

over a year ago

Good morning all! I am doing well in myself, but there are two people in my life I’m worried about currently.

Hugs to you all.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Good morning all! I am doing well in myself, but there are two people in my life I’m worried about currently.

Hugs to you all."

Parents??

By *not123Couple
over a year ago

sp1

[Removed by poster at 13/12/21 07:30:30]

over a year ago

I have been struggling a lot recently although today i feel a bit better thank goodness, probably because i had some fantastic, brilliant family news yesterday however another part of the family is one of the reasons i've been so low recently !

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I have been struggling a lot recently although today i feel a bit better thank goodness, probably because i had some fantastic, brilliant family news yesterday however another part of the family is one of the reasons i've been so low recently !"

Hugs xxxxxx

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

This is a fantastic idea a big from me

By *enm83Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Good morning everyone. Met some lovely people on Friday night so as a result I'm feeling humbled and more confident. Looking forward to Christmas and the New Year. All I can advise though is to take things slowly and to live life on your own terms x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Good for you. Sending best wishes xx"

Thank you x

over a year ago

What a lovely idea, last few weeks have been pants for me, even had my profile hidden for a while, but it's a new week I may put up the Xmas tree this week. Still not sure if unhiding my profile was the right thing

over a year ago

Personally I am good.

I think these threads are an amazing idea and I will continue to support everyone that I can.

We can all look out for signs of people struggling and just check in with them when we see it. My inbox is always open for anyone who needs to talk, a little humour or just to know that they aren’t alone

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

By *ingly_minx1Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

Good morning everyone, Happy Monday x

I've got a busy week ahead and am trying not to overthink the negative what ifs.

I'm reminding myself that I'm capable and safe.

Hugs to all who need them, be kind to yourself x

By *uicy 2020Woman
over a year ago

London

I am doing good, although i have a very busy week ahead and may be overstretching myself.

Sending hugs to all x

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Tired already!

Need to bail from the work Xmas party list first thing (frail elderly relatives visiting soon).

Not long to go until I get a well deserved break, though!

By *d4fun73Man
over a year ago

Shipley

Well no sleep even after taking sleeping pills, depressed because a certain lady on this thread has made me like this especially after what I found out yesterday.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Was on a massive high but then the slump hit me last night and I just feel utterly crap, I hate that this can just take a hold of you when you're doing so well and then snap you're anxious and self conscious and tearful and just want to hide away from the world.

I'm glad I took today off as there is no way I would have coped as along with all of that the insomnia decided to pay a visit and I'm running on 2 hours sleep

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

"Well no sleep even after taking sleeping pills, depressed because a certain lady on this thread has made me like this especially after what I found out yesterday. "

Sorry to hear this.

Try to keep your mind occupied today and hopefully you will have a restful sleep later.

By *enm83Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Was on a massive high but then the slump hit me last night and I just feel utterly crap, I hate that this can just take a hold of you when you're doing so well and then snap you're anxious and self conscious and tearful and just want to hide away from the world.

I'm glad I took today off as there is no way I would have coped as along with all of that the insomnia decided to pay a visit and I'm running on 2 hours sleep "

Sorry to hear this, sending you nest wishes and love. Well done on taking the day off, immediate self-care is a blessing xx

By *d4fun73Man
over a year ago

Shipley

"Well no sleep even after taking sleeping pills, depressed because a certain lady on this thread has made me like this especially after what I found out yesterday.

Sorry to hear this.

Try to keep your mind occupied today and hopefully you will have a restful sleep later.

"

thanks I even had some very large whiskeys made no difference. The sad fact is that she doesn't have the guts to contact me or confirm it

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

It's Monday.

Have not been in the best place a few weeks ago, someone told me they hated me!

Really took me back and made look very deep inside of me.

I'm over the worst now and will slowly heal myself.

It's nice to have friends on here that can make you smile

over a year ago

Not the best of days, up most the night in pain, today got physio but my head's saying what's the point you are fucked

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple
over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

How lovely is this. Missed this last week but a great idea. We're OK, a lot of the work deadlines have gone now, it's all personal pressures now, like getting ready for Christmas but they're nice things to have. Nice thread OP.

Have a great Xmas everyone!

over a year ago

"Was on a massive high but then the slump hit me last night and I just feel utterly crap, I hate that this can just take a hold of you when you're doing so well and then snap you're anxious and self conscious and tearful and just want to hide away from the world.

I'm glad I took today off as there is no way I would have coped as along with all of that the insomnia decided to pay a visit and I'm running on 2 hours sleep "

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I'm getting back to the before break down me.

The Mls really helped me, doing things selling raffle tickets with a friend and chatting to others really helped.

over a year ago

"Not the best of days, up most the night in pain, today got physio but my head's saying what's the point you are fucked "

Go to the physio, it's something you can tick off the to do list. Perhaps do some exercise (small walk, fresh air, yoga, stretching) (Sorry, difficult to know what to suggest as don't know what the cause of your pain is).

over a year ago

"It's Monday.

Have not been in the best place a few weeks ago, someone told me they hated me!

Really took me back and made look very deep inside of me.

I'm over the worst now and will slowly heal myself.

It's nice to have friends on here that can make you smile "

Ouch. Hate is a strong word. Don't know the cause but don't internalise this too much. Some of that feeling could be caused by their own perspective and opinion which they're entitled to but can be wrong.

Take care

over a year ago

I been drifting in and out over this weekend, but I made it

Bad days can feel like there are too many hours in a day.

Sending Peace & Love

By *entative_steps7781Couple
over a year ago

Home

Great thread, mental health is something we all have, as with physical health and sometimes it's good and sometimes not so much.

I'm climbing my way back out of an anxiety blip, using my bullet journal to help me organise my thoughts and prove to myself that I do get things done in the day. Rather than listen to my brain that tells me I'm useless and do nothing of value...

Sending hugs to any who need them

MJ xx

over a year ago

Not commented on one of these before, but been feeling not good enough for a while now, self esteem is at an all time low umm I guess just feeling invisible.

But I'm excited for next week and seeing my children's faces for all the festivities

I'm Here to talk if anyone needs it, I never have filters on. Xx

over a year ago

"Not commented on one of these before, but been feeling not good enough for a while now, self esteem is at an all time low umm I guess just feeling invisible.

But I'm excited for next week and seeing my children's faces for all the festivities

I'm Here to talk if anyone needs it, I never have filters on. Xx"

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Oh wow, thank you to everybody who has posted. Last week I tried to reply to most posts but I don’t think that’s going to be possible today because of the number of replies.

Sending love to everybody who is finding things difficult at the moment

I’m glad so many have been able to open up here and my heart is warmed by the amount of people offering help and support, my inbox is also always open to anybody who might be struggling.

Please also use this thread to post to throughout the week if you want to, don’t be out off by the fact it has Monday in the title, I just thought we’d have a fresh one each Monday x

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"Not the best of days, up most the night in pain, today got physio but my head's saying what's the point you are fucked

Go to the physio, it's something you can tick off the to do list. Perhaps do some exercise (small walk, fresh air, yoga, stretching) (Sorry, difficult to know what to suggest as don't know what the cause of your pain is)."

Had a bad bike crash and just seems impossible doing basic things such as walking to the kitchen, I know will improve but right now seems so far away.

over a year ago

"Not the best of days, up most the night in pain, today got physio but my head's saying what's the point you are fucked

Go to the physio, it's something you can tick off the to do list. Perhaps do some exercise (small walk, fresh air, yoga, stretching) (Sorry, difficult to know what to suggest as don't know what the cause of your pain is).

Had a bad bike crash and just seems impossible doing basic things such as walking to the kitchen, I know will improve but right now seems so far away."

Baby steps first. Seeing as it's a nasty cause for the injuries definitely keep up with the physio. They're the experts. I hope you reach a point where you can look back and think that it was tough but worth it. I hope the journey can enrich you even if it's a painful one to go through!

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

What a lovely thread, OP.

I've had a wonderful weekend, seeing all my mates at MLS but now I'm coming back down to the reality of Christmas Day alone, so I'm trying to stay positive. X

over a year ago

Had a bad bike crash and just seems impossible doing basic things such as walking to the kitchen, I know will improve but right now seems so far away.

Baby steps first. Seeing as it's a nasty cause for the injuries definitely keep up with the physio. They're the experts. I hope you reach a point where you can look back and think that it was tough but worth it. I hope the journey can enrich you even if it's a painful one to go through! "

Thank you, sometimes a friendly word makes it not as bad

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Excellent thread.

I said it last week, but it bears repeating - I’ve seen plenty of good threads on mental health in my (10+) years here.

It may not be the most obvious place to engage with this issue, but there are lots of lovely folk here who “get it”.

Hoping to have a walk later before the light goes - always has benefits for me .

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’m really good thank you

Sending love to all those that need it my box is always open if you need a chat

over a year ago

I (Mrs) have been signed off work for the last three weeks.Lost my Mum Sept last year and my Dad in the Dec. My emotions are all over the place atm and both scenarios play in my head like films. I do try not to feel so down as I know it affects others but some days are so bloody hard.

By *irth VaderMan
over a year ago

Busby

I think a lot of people confuse confidence with self esteem. I am a very confident person but find my self esteem can be very low at times.

People see a confident person and think they have all their shit together but inside your shaking like a shitting dog. Because of the pressure modern life brings its sometimes unachievable to be as good/strong as some expect you to be.

I tend to find that if I ask people how they are feeling they tend to be more open than when asked ‘how are you?’

Just my tuppence worth.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Great thread.

Can’t say I feel as great, however…..feeling pretty low, sad and irritable, all in all. Up and down from one minute to the next at times, but the feeling is always there.

Work is relentless and stressful; client workload is stupidly high and there’s a lot of stuff I should really be doing on my company but have absolutely no drive to do any of it as I don’t enjoy any of it.

Money seems fine for first time in a long time, with no obvious problems on the way, but it just feels like it’s too good to be true. Have a big financial commitment coming next year, which is playing on my mind.

Always feels like there’s a million things to get done at home; I do get some down time but don’t often feel better for it.

I’m mostly bored; there’s little that interests me at the moment. I don’t really go anywhere, do anything or see anyone. There’s never really anything to look forward to, but there’s nothing I feel that compelled to do. I need to sort out a club membership but at the same time I’m put off as I’m not feeling sociable, body confident, desirable or like I be capable of pleasing anyone.

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

I had a very teary weekend. Its horrible feeling useless (I have 1 arm in a cast) and not even being able to open bottles, make meals or even wrap the presents. I do feel better today though

Mrs NC

over a year ago

What a great idea for a thread.

Currently I’m not too bad but this week is going to be tough for a number of reasons.

I’ll take each days as it comes and see where I end up !

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

"I had a very teary weekend. Its horrible feeling useless (I have 1 arm in a cast) and not even being able to open bottles, make meals or even wrap the presents. I do feel better today though

Mrs NC "

The fact that your feeling better has made my day

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

"I had a very teary weekend. Its horrible feeling useless (I have 1 arm in a cast) and not even being able to open bottles, make meals or even wrap the presents. I do feel better today though

Mrs NC

The fact that your feeling better has made my day "

Post new Message to Thread