FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Believe in yourself and you can achieve anything.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I just want to spread some positiveness. You will fail and fail again, you will get destroyed, but with enough dedication you will succeed, never let other decide your limits, always try to exceed your potential, but most of all, always go forward

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I just want to spread some positiveness. You will fail and fail again, you will get destroyed, but with enough dedication you will succeed, never let other decide your limits, always try to exceed your potential, but most of all, always go forward "

Take ownership,accountability,and take Action. Not mere just empty words.

Happiness & Peace comes from within stabilisation.

Not from external,people's,gains nor materials.

Peace.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm a big believer in being positive in attitude. I've seen how a negative mindset affects people and those around them. I do think positivity needs to be tempered with reality though, it wouldn't matter how hard I tried I would never be an Olympic sprinter

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"I but most of all, always go forward "

Except on a red light..

over a year ago

I believe in myself but I still can’t lick my own elbow.

over a year ago

"I'm a big believer in being positive in attitude. I've seen how a negative mindset affects people and those around them. I do think positivity needs to be tempered with reality though, it wouldn't matter how hard I tried I would never be an Olympic sprinter "

Maybe now - but if you decided you wanted to be an Olympic sprinter when you were younger it may have been possible. I don’t think anything needs to be tempered with reality unless you’re receiving that advice from someone who has already achieved what you’re trying to do.

I’m a big believer that you get out what you put in, and anything really is possible if you believe in yourself from a young age.

I’ve found that a lot of people tell me to “be more realistic” but usually that’s a way of justifying their negativity and narrow view.

(I’m saying that’s what you’re doing btw).

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

over a year ago

If you don’t believe in yourself how can you ask anyone else too

Great thread OP

over a year ago

"I just want to spread some positiveness. You will fail and fail again, you will get destroyed, but with enough dedication you will succeed, never let other decide your limits, always try to exceed your potential, but most of all, always go forward "

Sometimes you just need someone to remind you, thanks OP

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Namaste xxx

over a year ago

"Namaste xxx"

Ask me if I'm an optimist, go on...

over a year ago

Thank you, OP.

I believe the universe has me on the right path and looking forard to the next Chapter

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/FmuPoaWmRQ8

The man in the arena - by Theodore Rosevelt

over a year ago

"Namaste xxx

Ask me if I'm an optimist, go on..."

Are you an optimist...?

over a year ago

"Namaste xxx

Ask me if I'm an optimist, go on...

Are you an optimist...?"

I hope so!!

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"I'm a big believer in being positive in attitude. I've seen how a negative mindset affects people and those around them. I do think positivity needs to be tempered with reality though, it wouldn't matter how hard I tried I would never be an Olympic sprinter

Maybe now - but if you decided you wanted to be an Olympic sprinter when you were younger it may have been possible. I don’t think anything needs to be tempered with reality unless you’re receiving that advice from someone who has already achieved what you’re trying to do.

I’m a big believer that you get out what you put in, and anything really is possible if you believe in yourself from a young age.

I’ve found that a lot of people tell me to “be more realistic” but usually that’s a way of justifying their negativity and narrow view.

(I’m saying that’s what you’re doing btw)."

If I'd wanted to and put the effort in when younger it is possible I could have been an Olympic sprinter - I have the correct body type. I couldn't however have been an Olympic marathoner or a champion jockey. Beyond mere body shape though we are all products of our genetics and while we are often capable of far more than many would believe, our capabilities really are tempered by our genes. This is as much true of those whose genetic makeup inclines then to be cautious, timid or insecure as it is of genetics that determine body shape. A 6'6" guy with solid musculature is physically never going to be able to compete against Eliud Kipchoge weighing 55kg in a marathon. The same is equally true of someone whose genetics mean they are never going to have the drive and determination to push themselves to their absolute limits.

I totally believe a positive attitude goes a long way in life. But then I also believe a positive attitude comes far more easily to some whereas for others even this is far harder work than those of us blessed by nature with such an outlook will ever realise.

Mr

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I just want to spread some positiveness. You will fail and fail again, you will get destroyed, but with enough dedication you will succeed, never let other decide your limits, always try to exceed your potential, but most of all, always go forward

Take ownership,accountability,and take Action. Not mere just empty words.

Happiness & Peace comes from within stabilisation.

Not from external,people's,gains nor materials.

Peace. "

That is also a good one too

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I'm a big believer in being positive in attitude. I've seen how a negative mindset affects people and those around them. I do think positivity needs to be tempered with reality though, it wouldn't matter how hard I tried I would never be an Olympic sprinter "
Yes and I think the same, that it is good to have a positive attitude

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I just want to spread some positiveness. You will fail and fail again, you will get destroyed, but with enough dedication you will succeed, never let other decide your limits, always try to exceed your potential, but most of all, always go forward

Sometimes you just need someone to remind you, thanks OP "

Yw and yes, sometimes one needs that as well

over a year ago

"I'm a big believer in being positive in attitude. I've seen how a negative mindset affects people and those around them. I do think positivity needs to be tempered with reality though, it wouldn't matter how hard I tried I would never be an Olympic sprinter

If I'd wanted to and put the effort in when younger it is possible I could have been an Olympic sprinter - I have the correct body type. I couldn't however have been an Olympic marathoner or a champion jockey. Beyond mere body shape though we are all products of our genetics and while we are often capable of far more than many would believe, our capabilities really are tempered by our genes. This is as much true of those whose genetic makeup inclines then to be cautious, timid or insecure as it is of genetics that determine body shape. A 6'6" guy with solid musculature is physically never going to be able to compete against Eliud Kipchoge weighing 55kg in a marathon. The same is equally true of someone whose genetics mean they are never going to have the drive and determination to push themselves to their absolute limits.

I totally believe a positive attitude goes a long way in life. But then I also believe a positive attitude comes far more easily to some whereas for others even this is far harder work than those of us blessed by nature with such an outlook will ever realise.

Mr"

The thing with sports is a lot of it is to do with physicality sure - but you can also alter and adjust your physicality to help achieve your goal. Also a lot of sport is a mixture of psychology and luck of the draw (eg luck who you end up competing against). So there’s always elements out of your control.

If we move beyond winning, it is totally possible to compete in a sport at a high standard and be amongst the worlds best if someone decides they want to do it as a child.

In terms of other stuff that doesn’t require a certain body type - achievements more linked to creativity, business, intellect, science, discovery, exploration etc etc then it’s even more possible

over a year ago

you can try all the positive thinking you want but it won't help you achieve things that are beyond your ability to achieve..

And face reality, some things ARE impossible

over a year ago

"you can try all the positive thinking you want but it won't help you achieve things that are beyond your ability to achieve..

"

Such as?

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Namaste xxx"
Namaste x

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Thanks OP lovely Post.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Mr

The thing with sports is a lot of it is to do with physicality sure - but you can also alter and adjust your physicality to help achieve your goal. Also a lot of sport is a mixture of psychology and luck of the draw (eg luck who you end up competing against). So there’s always elements out of your control.

If we move beyond winning, it is totally possible to compete in a sport at a high standard and be amongst the worlds best if someone decides they want to do it as a child.

In terms of other stuff that doesn’t require a certain body type - achievements more linked to creativity, business, intellect, science, discovery, exploration etc etc then it’s even more possible"

Sadly not. Environmental factors outside your control as a child can have a huge impact on your schooling and educational success, by the time you teach adulthood by far the largest factor in your IQ (as an example) is genetic. You cannot simply work hard and want it enough to become a great musician or artist or scientist. You have to be lucky enough to be born where your talents can be encouraged during critical phases of your development as a child plus have the right genetics to be able to make the most of this nurture.

I honestly believe that the mantra that you can achieve anything you want if you just try hard enough is dangerous and damaging and responsible for a great deal of poor mental health. We have this idea preached to us everywhere we look from social media memes to marketing slogans like Nikes 'just do it'. The truth is only a handful of people will reach high levels in any field - else it wouldn't be a high level, it would be average. If this idea was true it means anyone who doesn't reach a high level in their chosen arena is simply not trying hard enough, not good enough, somehow defective. I think its is far better to encourage people to be happy with what and who they are. If that is Mr/Mrs average then that's fine, if that is Mr/Mrs below average that's fine too. By all means encourage people to better themselves but don't feed them the lie that *all* that is needed to be the success they dream of is the right amount of effort.

Mr

over a year ago

"you can try all the positive thinking you want but it won't help you achieve things that are beyond your ability to achieve..

Such as?"

A friend heard the song " I believe I can fly".

Took it to heart and became a believer. Actually he couldn't

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Meaningless words without the correct mindset

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Such as?

A friend heard the song " I believe I can fly".

Took it to heart and became a believer. Actually he couldn't "

red bull

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Thanks OP lovely Post. "
Yw .

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Such as?"

Plenty of things I can no longer do and not for want of trying, wanting or effort. Remember, some people have physical barriers that they simply have to tolerate and work within.

over a year ago

Such as?

Plenty of things I can no longer do and not for want of trying, wanting or effort. Remember, some people have physical barriers that they simply have to tolerate and work within."

I’ll give in some day promise

over a year ago

North West

Such as?

Plenty of things I can no longer do and not for want of trying, wanting or effort. Remember, some people have physical barriers that they simply have to tolerate and work within.

I’ll give in some day promise "

Apologies, but I have an allergy to Irish men

By *oreignAffairsCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

There’s a great quote ‘Fail falling forwards’ think of it all the time.

over a year ago

Such as?

Apologies, but I have an allergy to Irish men "

I don’t even think that’s a real thing !?

Is it?

Regardless fair enough !

over a year ago

North West

Such as?

Apologies, but I have an allergy to Irish men

I don’t even think that’s a real thing !?

Is it?

Regardless fair enough !

"

Yeah, I cum out in a terrible rash

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Believe it or not I was shy as a teenager and wouldn't try most things.

Eventually I learned to believe in myself and now........

I'll give it a bash.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

over a year ago

Such as?

Plenty of things I can no longer do and not for want of trying, wanting or effort. Remember, some people have physical barriers that they simply have to tolerate and work within."

And people are working to remove those barriers rather than accepting that’s life for everyone forever to come.

Post new Message to Thread