Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

In case you didn't know..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A lot of talk around attraction, confidence and people's definition of beauty goes on here. Its a discussion that can sometimes expose our own insecurities and make us feel we are lacking in some ways. Comparing yourself to others can be a dangerous game and we are all our own biggest critics. There is nothing worse anyone could say to us than we say to ourselves.

So whoever you are be confident and have self acceptance in who you are. We are not meant to be the same, it's our individuality that makes us different and our differences that make us unique. The brightest stars sometimes can't see their own shine but others do see you.

So next time someone puts you down or that little inner negative voice gets louder, remember you are meant to be the way you are exactly. Don't judge your own self worth on someone else's judgement.. that's all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

"A lot of talk around attraction, confidence and people's definition of beauty goes on here. Its a discussion that can sometimes expose our own insecurities and make us feel we are lacking in some ways. Comparing yourself to others can be a dangerous game and we are all our own biggest critics. There is nothing worse anyone could say to us than we say to ourselves.

So whoever you are be confident and have self acceptance in who you are. We are not meant to be the same, it's our individuality that makes us different and our differences that make us unique. The brightest stars sometimes can't see their own shine but others do see you.

So next time someone puts you down or that little inner negative voice gets louder, remember you are meant to be the way you are exactly. Don't judge your own self worth on someone else's judgement.. that's all "

Well said OP I totally agree.

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

F**k yes

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Wise words OP.

By *ildmanYorksMan
over a year ago

Doncaster & Bembridge

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

Amen x I ain't everyone's cuppa but I'm some people's champagne x x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A lot of talk around attraction, confidence and people's definition of beauty goes on here. Its a discussion that can sometimes expose our own insecurities and make us feel we are lacking in some ways. Comparing yourself to others can be a dangerous game and we are all our own biggest critics. There is nothing worse anyone could say to us than we say to ourselves.

So next time someone puts you down or that little inner negative voice gets louder, remember you are meant to be the way you are exactly. Don't judge your own self worth on someone else's judgement.. that's all "

Beautifully said

over a year ago

Well said

over a year ago

You’re absolutely right of course.

I don’t take myself very seriously on here. I’ll appeal to a certain type of man and not to others. That’s life.

over a year ago

1000%

over a year ago

So many people need to read this. Beautifully said!

over a year ago

I'm an acquired taste and I like it like that

over a year ago

This …. If only all people used this as their mantra the world would be much better

over a year ago

Wise words beautifully put.

over a year ago

What a lovely thread OP, and I couldn't of worded that better if I tried x

over a year ago

To offer my own perspective on this, comparing myself to others, others who i felt were physically superior than me, it did crush my self-esteem. I had always felt inferior, especially with my size, a byproduct of my metabolism, but also my experiences and circumstances throughout my life as well.

However i managed to turn that sense of inferiority into a strength, a willingness and desire to sculpt myself into something i feel more comfortable in. Dont get me wrong im all for acceptance of oneself and the bodies our souls occupy, im just saying that for some ppl, rather than just accepting who they are, they have the power to change things for themselves instead.

Acceptance is healthy, but so is using those negative thoughts and emotions to fuel your desire to become something you really want to be. Imagining who you can become in the future and setting that as your goal. For me its helped me find the motivation to force myself to eat, as its always been difficult for me to actually have any kind of appetite. Its made me learn more about fitness and training, to learn more about my body, how i move it and how my muscles work, the nutrition i put into it, and then having the drive to workout properly and consistently.

Sometimes, turning your biggest weakness into your greatest strength can be extremely beneficial for your long term health, both physically and mentally.

over a year ago

Well said, sometimes I need to remember this x

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Standing ovation for OP. You nailed it

over a year ago

This is stick to the fridge worthy. Thankyou, something I needed to read today

over a year ago

Beautiful words

over a year ago

Wonderfully put OP

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Nicely put

Never let someone else's problem be your own if they are finding it difficult to understand themselves

By *eardybobMan
over a year ago

the Goldilocks Zone

I love this - beautifully put OP, and thank you for taking the time!

over a year ago

to you all

over a year ago

over a year ago

Don't get hung up on social media and advertising. You're looking at people who spend hours in the gym and money on supplements and cosmetics as well as a team to air brush pics. Just enjoy being you and if you wanna change, change for you and not for what you think people will accept of you

over a year ago

"Don't get hung up on social media and advertising. You're looking at people who spend hours in the gym and money on supplements and cosmetics as well as a team to air brush pics. Just enjoy being you and if you wanna change, change for you and not for what you think people will accept of you"

Projection is different from reality

over a year ago

Well said

over a year ago

Er. Yes.

over a year ago

"Well said "

By *lasgow kinksterMan
over a year ago

east Glasgow

Excellently put Miss Seduction. You should have your own section on here all the time x

over a year ago

The most amazing thing about you is you and no one can do that better than you

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I am not a very confident person at the best of times. Yet I do find a lot of confidence hiding behind masks, so to speak.

When fully dressed as Rachel, riding my motorbike, or out on the pushbike, I am very confident in myself.

As for talking to someone about this, I feel talking makes me vulnerable. As you are giving someone information about yourself, that can be used against you. Which ultimately leads to a lack of self confidence.

over a year ago

OP - you're one of the smartest and nicest peoole on here x

over a year ago

"I am not a very confident person at the best of times. Yet I do find a lot of confidence hiding behind masks, so to speak.

When fully dressed as Rachel, riding my motorbike, or out on the pushbike, I am very confident in myself.

As for talking to someone about this, I feel talking makes me vulnerable. As you are giving someone information about yourself, that can be used against you. Which ultimately leads to a lack of self confidence."

I disagree, I think letting yourself be vulnerable to others shows more strength than weakness. We all have our days when we feel less confident in ourselves, it's those days we need to be kind to ourself and remember we are enough

over a year ago

a butterfly can’t see it’s own wings

over a year ago

"I am not a very confident person at the best of times. Yet I do find a lot of confidence hiding behind masks, so to speak.

As for talking to someone about this, I feel talking makes me vulnerable. As you are giving someone information about yourself, that can be used against you. Which ultimately leads to a lack of self confidence.

I disagree, I think letting yourself be vulnerable to others shows more strength than weakness. We all have our days when we feel less confident in ourselves, it's those days we need to be kind to ourself and remember we are enough "

Vulnerability is a strength.

Look up Brene Brown. She is an amazing woman who talks a lot about being vulnerable

over a year ago

"OP - you're one of the smartest and nicest peoole on here x"

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I disagree, I think letting yourself be vulnerable to others shows more strength than weakness. We all have our days when we feel less confident in ourselves, it's those days we need to be kind to ourself and remember we are enough "

I have opened up in the past, they used it against me later. So I find it hard to open up to others.

Post new Message to Thread