Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Worst Christmas present?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You know the 1,when you open it and think why and nd think I would of preferred the money

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t usually mind if the present is crap if it’s given with good intentions. It’s the shit ones with absolutely no thought that piss me off.

I had a strange tea set once. A single cup, saucer and spoon in a battered box that looked like it had been doing the rounds for a while (I’m assuming it had been regifted numerous times) and on the bottom in a faded and clearly very old handwritten price tag it said 99p

So I’m guessing it was a charity shop rehash.

It was more an insult than anything. You had to see it to understand what I mean

By *each_PittWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

Oh my mother is the winner of crap gifts ... imagine opening a potato peeler on Christmas morning. The disappointment

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

A scarf

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

My ex bought me a tropical fish tank to keep me company whilst she played with her horses till all hours - she completely missed the point

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

A leaf blower

By *ottom charlieMan
over a year ago

washington

"Oh my mother is the winner of crap gifts ... imagine opening a potato peeler on Christmas morning. The disappointment "
maybe the potato peeler was a subtle hint,, to get off your bum and help in the kitchen

By *r GLTMan
over a year ago

Richmond Upon Thames

A pair of carpet slippers 2 years ago i felt really old

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple
over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

Bottles of wine or other alcohol….I don’t drink, never have. Worst insult was last year when my own sister got me a bottle of rose….yeah we aren’t close and you can tell.

Lily

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

All you need is love

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Pack of Christmas socks literally had to wait an entire year before I could wear them..

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My ex bought "me" a three piece suite of his choosing and thought I'd be thrilled.

A colleagues husband told her he'd hidden her gift in the garage, she got really excited and on Christmas morning was not thrilled to open a tumble dryer . Yet another colleague bought both her daughter in laws an iron.

over a year ago

I don't think I've ever had a bad one. Although people buy me wine and neither of us drink it. To get through all the bottles we end up just using it in cooking

I've made someone a hamper before, lots of personalised and homemade bits but she wasn't appreciative of it. She gave me the EMPTY hamper box back and kept the contents (that she didn't like?). One less person to buy for this year.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I don't think I've ever had a bad one. Although people buy me wine and neither of us drink it. To get through all the bottles we end up just using it in cooking

I've made someone a hamper before, lots of personalised and homemade bits but she wasn't appreciative of it. She gave me the EMPTY hamper box back and kept the contents (that she didn't like?). One less person to buy for this year. "

That's weird about the hamper when it was such a personal gift. Even if they did not like some of the stuff, I can't see how someone can be so rude

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't think I've ever had a bad one. Although people buy me wine and neither of us drink it. To get through all the bottles we end up just using it in cooking

I've made someone a hamper before, lots of personalised and homemade bits but she wasn't appreciative of it. She gave me the EMPTY hamper box back and kept the contents (that she didn't like?). One less person to buy for this year. "

Some people just don't understand the thought and effort that goes into something like that. I choose who I give hand made things to very carefully.

over a year ago

"Bottles of wine or other alcohol….I don’t drink, never have. Worst insult was last year when my own sister got me a bottle of rose….yeah we aren’t close and you can tell.

Lily "

I feel you, I don’t drink either, and got a bottle of champagne for my 50th birthday. I held on to it, til a friend got to her 10th wedding anniversary and handed it over. I’m sure they enjoyed it immensely

Don’t think I’ve got any bad Christmas presents, but I do have ones I wouldn’t use. Like a really expensive Reed diffuser, that I’ve had for two years, unopened, because I have cats and Reed diffusers are toxic if chewed, I don’t think they would but am not taking the chance. Cats are curious and it only takes one bite

over a year ago

I've made someone a hamper before, lots of personalised and homemade bits but she wasn't appreciative of it. She gave me the EMPTY hamper box back and kept the contents (that she didn't like?). One less person to buy for this year.

That's weird about the hamper when it was such a personal gift. Even if they did not like some of the stuff, I can't see how someone can be so rude "

I can see it and often do. Different topic, and related to charity hampers for service users, but when someone gets FREE food handed to them, and they pick out what they won’t eat, and tell you to take it back because they don’t like it, you got to wonder why they asked for a hamper in the first place if so picky? If you can’t afford to shop for yourself for extras, then just keep quiet and be thankful that someone cared! If it was up to me, they’d not get another.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

The most hilarious one I had, and it happened twice, was to be given the exact same present I had given them the year before. They obviously did not even take any notice who it was from. All I said was thank you and it does look familiar

over a year ago

A fucking potato peeler haha

By *istractionsMan
over a year ago

Bury

The standard dreaded present every man hates….Lynx gift set and socks wtf.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

"The standard dreaded present every man hates….Lynx gift set and socks wtf. "

I used to get this crap every year off the same aunty lol I feel your pain.

By *oldyoudown41Man
over a year ago

caledonian

A pair of BMX gloves , didn’t even have a bike at the time

over a year ago

As a kid, my grandad bought me a jumper with the family emblem on it. He was chuffed to bits, I was a teenager, the jumper never got worn

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

A pink shellsuit and those arseholes made me wear it...

By *istractionsMan
over a year ago

Bury

Haha…then your mum holds it to your chest to see it fits while you hold back the tears. Been there pal

over a year ago

"The standard dreaded present every man hates….Lynx gift set and socks wtf. "

Nothing wrong with these

I got a mechanical fishtank why I don't know

over a year ago

"A pair of BMX gloves , didn’t even have a bike at the time "

Haha

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Is this wrong to say?...was I ungrateful?...

My ex proudly bought me an Olympus camera...

Not a blokes ..twiddly knob SLR with most of the bells and whistles that a nerd needs...but a Olympus trip .. glorified instamatic...I smiled and said thank you darling ......grrr

over a year ago

"The standard dreaded present every man hates….Lynx gift set and socks wtf.

Nothing wrong with these

I got a mechanical fishtank why I don't know "

Can always measure your cock beside the Lynx can snap a pic then bin it. Rotten shit.

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with these

Can always measure your cock beside the Lynx can snap a pic then bin it. Rotten shit."

Do they do holiday size Lynx cans?

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with these

Can always measure your cock beside the Lynx can snap a pic then bin it. Rotten shit.

Do they do holiday size Lynx cans? "

Smirnoff miniature mate

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Lynx gift set. Literally have never used Lynx in my life so why is it acceptable to gift it to me?

By *rivervaderMan
over a year ago

bolton

I just get fuck all of the misses (I’m spending it on the kids is what I get they are 21 and 23

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

I once got bought a voucher for a local butcher, pretty sure I’d been vegetarian for about 20yrs at that point , that was precious haha. Miss pc

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

We give each other "rubbish" presents as a joke on Christmas Day and then hand out our real presents!

over a year ago

2 springy egg cups

over a year ago

"2 springy egg cups "

Sorry but lol

over a year ago

Got a bread bin one year. What's all that about?

over a year ago

I am not joking my partner got me a toilet seat not once but twice as he broke the first one.

Two years ago he got me a tool kit, but he did get me a first aid kit as well.

I have no need of a tool kit.

By *lairekTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

"Got a bread bin one year. What's all that about?"

What's it all about?

Cmon

Use your loaf man

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

Knit your own Nativity sceane. Yes, I knit, but not relidguios (sp). I'd rather spend my time knitting something I want or need. And yes I found out she had

re gifted it. I was 3rd in line for it.

By *ustfortheforumsWoman
over a year ago

no

"I am not joking my partner got me a toilet seat not once but twice as he broke the first one.

Two years ago he got me a tool kit, but he did get me a first aid kit as well.

I have no need of a tool kit. "

I need a tool kit

over a year ago

"Got a bread bin one year. What's all that about?

What's it all about?

Cmon

Use your loaf man "

You trying to butter me up?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I once bought my mum an ironing board, hoofed it all the way across town under my arm and got a taxi home with it pleased as punch. Even wrapped it into a surfboard like look. Only after a few months did I realise I'd bought her an ironing board for Christmas.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

various knitted and crochetted items from family members in styles and colours I'd be ashamed to clean the car with.

over a year ago

"Knit your own Nativity sceane. Yes, I knit, but not relidguios (sp). I'd rather spend my time knitting something I want or need. And yes I found out she had

re gifted it. I was 3rd in line for it. "

Wow nothing says someone cares like a regifted crap present!

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I did get a bit pissed off at how my youngster was squandering money, so one day I happened to rescue a pair of Chelsea boots from the bin, took them to the cobblers, had them resoled and heeled, and gave them back to him gift wrapped on Christmas morning.

By *urvytreatWoman
over a year ago

somewhere nice

Mine was from the ex hubby. I’d commented that I could do with a shopping trolley to help with the shopping. The supermarket was just over a mile away so we’d walk there and back. At the time I was 21, Christmas Day I opened up…….. a 4 wheel push along shopping trolley that you see pensioners using!!!

He was so proud, but me…. I literally sat and cried

over a year ago

Some right shockers

over a year ago

Nothing I need...give me the money..

By *aughtycplStokeCouple
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Once had a Filofax given as a present, the calendar was for the year that was almost over and neither of us had any need for a Filofax

By *each_PittWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"2 springy egg cups "

Wanna trade for a potato peeler?

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My in laws buy loads of presents for our children. A few years back they obviously felt the kids didn't get quite enough - as my present was a baking set for kids

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

Try something that you dont wear would never wear that was my present gifted by my exes parents.

I had the manners to say thankyou and except the gift off them.

But the first place those bloody Y fronts went was the bin.

Well the next visit we had my ex told everything to her parents, That when we got home that I had thrown them in the bin without first opening the house door.

Well what could I do to all that comment just say the truth

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"My ex bought "me" a three piece suite of his choosing and thought I'd be thrilled.

A colleagues husband told her he'd hidden her gift in the garage, she got really excited and on Christmas morning was not thrilled to open a tumble dryer . Yet another colleague bought both her daughter in laws an iron. "

Depends on the reciever I suppose.

I bought my daughter a rechargeable vacuum cleaner for her birthday and she was overjoyed.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

just remembered another...

my mother went to Italy one year clost to Christmas, and fetched me back a plastic gondola lamp, which plugged in to the mains...

it was supposed to play a tune, (oh sole mio..... just one cornetto, give it to me") supposed to light up with pretty coloured bulbs in the windows of the cabin part which covered the electronic workings parts, and it was meant to spin around slowly on it's base.

We plugged it in, it flashed and banged and spun around fast, jumped off the shelf, over-heated by the bulbs, which melted the sides and base of the boat, and made a burn mark in the carpet, while the tune sounded like a demented tom cat being drowned till it stopped.

over a year ago

A packet of jelly babies, from my mother! Ok if you're 5, not when you were 45

over a year ago

I got cutlery one year from my ex husband (we were still married then!) And my birthday 6 days later, i got a plastic drawer insert in which to keep them!!

(Not one person ever asked why i divorced him....)

over a year ago

My ex husband bought me a tan coloured 'coat' which would have looked perfect on a green grocer in the 1940's.

NBVN x

By *ssexhamptonMan
over a year ago

Rayleigh

The wife wasn't happy with the saucepans I bought her.

over a year ago

"My ex husband bought me a tan coloured 'coat' which would have looked perfect on a green grocer in the 1940's.

NBVN x

"

Quite popular and in fashion now called overshirts

over a year ago

"My ex husband bought me a tan coloured 'coat' which would have looked perfect on a green grocer in the 1940's.

NBVN x

Quite popular and in fashion now called overshirts "

Oh no mine was not a shirt style it had a silver zip and no body shape...hideous

NBVN x

over a year ago

Whe I 1st met Mark my Mam knew he loved his football. She bought him a Sunderland shirt thinking he'd love it, didn't realise he was Newcastle daft

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

A pair of dead man's swimming trunks from my auntie when I was about 18..she was stinking rich but tight as fuck..we always got recycled Xmas presents..her first husband had died that year..so I got his swimming trunks..he didn't actually die in them as far as I know..

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

My sister (and her hubby) gave me a wooden book holder (couldn't call it a book case) that he'd made. It was crap for anything other than firewood.....which it did become! Still, at least you could say that it's the thought that counts.

A few years later, she gave me a collection of artisan mustards..... I don't eat mustard, never have done!!!

Post new Message to Thread