Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shark attacks

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I am fed up with self appointed experts claiming that the reason that sharks attack humans is because they mistake swimmers and surfers for seals.

Could it be that every time a shark attacks a seal it is because they have mistaken that seal for a human...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Maybe sharks just like eating humans.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Shark attacks are pretty rare events, relatively speaking.

There's been over 300,000 tiger attacks over the last 200 years (since records began) in the Indian subcontinent, by comparison. About 1800 people killed by tigers per year.

Tigers are great swimmers too, so can get you in the water- like sharks. There's been incidents where a tiger has swam in in the water to grab fishermen from boats one by by one, with boats with like 6 people on it, killing each person one by one and dragging them to shore. It's almost as if the tiger is saying okay, "I'll have you today.. & you're my breakfast for tomorrow..and you'll be my supper on friday etc.."

Basically if you get attacked by a tiger, your fucked.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Shark attacks are pretty rare events, relatively speaking.

There's been over 300,000 tiger attacks over the last 200 years (since records began) in the Indian subcontinent, by comparison. About 1800 people killed by tigers per year.

Tigers are great swimmers too, so can get you in the water- like sharks. There's been incidents where a tiger has swam in in the water to grab fishermen from boats one by by one, with boats with like 6 people on it, killing each person one by one and dragging them to shore. It's almost as if the tiger is saying okay, "I'll have you today.. & you're my breakfast for tomorrow..and you'll be my supper on friday etc.."

Basically if you get attacked by a tiger, your fucked."

I live near a zoo with tigers.. hope those buggers never escape ..

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

As long as you have frosties the tiger will always prefer eating them to humans - well documented!!

By *rying2niteMan
over a year ago

Egremont

It is a well known FACT that 100%of shark attacks in the sea

over a year ago

"It is a well known FACT that 100%of shark attacks in the sea"

The earth is 90% water. Sharks live in the sea.

The human body is also 90% water.

… it’s only a matter of time…

over a year ago

I live near a zoo with tigers.. hope those buggers never escape .. "

If they do, just leave a big bowl of milk out & hope for the best. (with frosties in it.)

over a year ago

I live near a zoo with tigers.. hope those buggers never escape .. "

Apparently the Hippo is the one to watch for, more Hippo deaths than the rest of safari animals combined by a factor or lots.

Also, they run, and swim faster than you, so the only chance to beat one in a triathlon is on the bike…

over a year ago

The sharks just doing what it does, it's nothing personal.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

It’s tiger sharks that you really need to avoid Tom….. worst of both worlds!

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"It’s tiger sharks that you really need to avoid Tom….. worst of both worlds!"

How on earth did they get a tiger to fuck a shark?? Isn’t science amazing?

over a year ago

Are tigers a good shag though?

Asking for a friend.

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Is there any animal Op does not consider an evil bugger? Groundhog presumably given the (repeated) thread.

QI factlet sharks have been around longer than trees and most popular dinosaurs and

much longer than tigers (by prob 440 million odd years). As for targetting humans We barely register on their scale whereas seals have had a few million years for sharks to develop the taste. Op should volunteer for taste comparison to tackle his fear. Shark takes seal we say science was right. Shark takes Op we know he was right?

over a year ago

Sharks terrify me

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

"Sharks terrify me "

Supremely evolved which makes them dangerous but "Jaws" has a lot to answer for. They are scary seen in water but so are a lot of big fish.

See Jim Abernathy - shark expert and 'friends' with 15ft tiger shark. Good video on BBC Nov 2021. Not quie puppies but surprisingly close.

over a year ago

Hubby has put every shark movie he could find on, from Jaws to B movies on YouTube (ghost shark was amusing) but I just don't like them, their teeth make me shudder

over a year ago

This might be Tom's oddest attempt at a culture war thread yet.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

I love sharks. Great whites are definitely my favourite. Always wanted to go cage diving with sharks. Been my dream since forever lol not brave enough to do open water swim with sharks though. Respect them enough to admire they mysteriousness, but not a fool enough to offer myself as a buffet yet lol

over a year ago

This thread gets the -Erect-Jim- seal of approval.

over a year ago

I wonder how many people will bite?

over a year ago

Bees kill more people than sharks.

Yet we humans kill (unsustainably) 100s of millions of sharks every year for shark fin soup.

I'm a known shark fanatic on here and me and K were diving with great whites in South Africa in march 2020 (got back home just on the 12th of march before lock down). If anyone ever wants to see the dive video let me know it was up there with my wedding day )

KJ

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If tigers, sharks and people are in the water, who eats what?

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I wish there were sharks in Essex.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Baby shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Baby shark

Mama Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Mama Shark

Papa Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Papa Shark

Grandma Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Grandma Shark

Surfer Dude, do do, do do do do (3x)

Surfer Dude

Went for a Swim, do do, do do do do (3x)

Went for a Swim

Lost a Leg, do do, do do do do (3x)

Lost a Leg

Lost an Arm, do do, do do do do (3x)

Lost an Arm

911, do do, do do do do (3x)

CPR, do do, do do do do (3x)

CPR

It's not working, do do, do do do do (3x)

It's not working

Reincarnation, do do, do do do do (3x)

Reincarnation

As a Baby Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

As a Baby Shark

Mama Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Mama Shark

Papa Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Papa Shark

Grandma Shark, do do, do do do do (3x)

Grandma Shark

That's the End, do do, do do do do (3x)

That's the End

K

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Is your hatred towards sharks Tom the fact you've been the victim of a shark attack yourself..?.. your profile photo seems to suggest yes..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Is your hatred towards sharks Tom the fact you've been the victim of a shark attack yourself..?.. your profile photo seems to suggest yes.. "

Very witty...

I remember watching that documentary calls Jaws and had a fascination ever since. I watch Shark Week on Sky TV and every programme about these beasts. I even have an app that tracks them in the oceans. I look at the movement and directions that these buggers take.

Like all threads... People can agree, disagree, post, not post or look elsewhere...

I am fascinated by these evil buggers...

By *hat a PairXXXCouple
over a year ago

Bath

Sharks don’t attack, they either hunt for food, or occasionally use their teeth to check out what’s in the water. It’s just millions of years of evolution doing what it’s programmed to to.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Sharks have more rights to the water than humans I think there should be fair game.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I love sharks. Great whites are definitely my favourite. Always wanted to go cage diving with sharks. Been my dream since forever lol not brave enough to do open water swim with sharks though. Respect them enough to admire they mysteriousness, but not a fool enough to offer myself as a buffet yet lol"

I saw the video where the shark managed to get into the cage with the cameraman. He escaped unhurt luckily. Be careful what you wish for. Some of these sharks are cunning buggers and will gobble you down before you can say Jack Robinson ..

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I love sharks. Great whites are definitely my favourite. Always wanted to go cage diving with sharks. Been my dream since forever lol not brave enough to do open water swim with sharks though. Respect them enough to admire they mysteriousness, but not a fool enough to offer myself as a buffet yet lol

I saw the video where the shark managed to get into the cage with the cameraman. He escaped unhurt luckily. Be careful what you wish for. Some of these sharks are cunning buggers and will gobble you down before you can say Jack Robinson .."

I’d be on the look out for land sharks…..

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

"I love sharks. Great whites are definitely my favourite. Always wanted to go cage diving with sharks. Been my dream since forever lol not brave enough to do open water swim with sharks though. Respect them enough to admire they mysteriousness, but not a fool enough to offer myself as a buffet yet lol

I saw the video where the shark managed to get into the cage with the cameraman. He escaped unhurt luckily. Be careful what you wish for. Some of these sharks are cunning buggers and will gobble you down before you can say Jack Robinson .."

There are naturalists like David Attenborough who help us explore the real miracles of our planet, showing the detailed interplay of life around us. Alongside this light - the Yin of enlightenment - we have the Op who will by anecdote and inference imply every creature on the planet is out to get us (or rather him) by cunning, stealth, tooth and claw. You are safe nowhere and they will get you all. Get them before they get you.

Pray silence Fabbers for the dawn of the Anti-Attenborough - Essex Tom.

over a year ago

"It is a well known FACT that 100%of shark attacks in the sea"

does your ears not bleeding from hearing baby shark not count as land based shark attacks?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I saw the video where the shark managed to get into the cage with the cameraman. He escaped unhurt luckily. Be careful what you wish for. Some of these sharks are cunning buggers and will gobble you down before you can say Jack Robinson ..

There are naturalists like David Attenborough who help us explore the real miracles of our planet, showing the detailed interplay of life around us. Alongside this light - the Yin of enlightenment - we have the Op who will by anecdote and inference imply every creature on the planet is out to get us (or rather him) by cunning, stealth, tooth and claw. You are safe nowhere and they will get you all. Get them before they get you.

Pray silence Fabbers for the dawn of the Anti-Attenborough - Essex Tom.

"

It's always nice to welcome a new disciple ..

Post new Message to Thread