Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nuclear Power

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you be happy for England to have more electricity generated by nuclear power?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would prefer to see us using renewables such as wind and solar mode effectively. Having volunteered in Ukraine and Belarus and seeing the fallout from Chernobyl, I'm not sure how much I support nuclear energy.

over a year ago

"I would prefer to see us using renewables such as wind and solar mode effectively. Having volunteered in Ukraine and Belarus and seeing the fallout from Chernobyl, I'm not sure how much I support nuclear energy. "

*more

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Instead of burning coal, oil and trees! Yes

By *lla4everTV/TS
over a year ago

Overseas

Yes, as an intermediary solution between reducing use of fossil fuel and perfecting renewable engere sources.

By *rad670Man
over a year ago

South Lakes

I'd be more happy with the prospect once they know how to deal with the waste and spent products, they still dont know how long they can store it for underground but I suppose as long as its out of sight eh?

over a year ago

The French are currently building a nuclear fusion reactor which would produce no radioactive waste so hopefully that will be the way forward.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"The French are currently building a nuclear fusion reactor which would produce no radioactive waste so hopefully that will be the way forward. "

If that's the one I'm thinking of, literally dozens of countries around the world contributing their experts and financial resources towards it.

At the moments it's an "experiment" to see if the science is sound.

If this facility test is successful it'll turn conventional power generation as we know it on its head.

If worked on the Chernobyl sarcophagus project and this one.

Both ground breaking projects.

Winston.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I'd be more happy with the prospect once they know how to deal with the waste and spent products, they still dont know how long they can store it for underground but I suppose as long as its out of sight eh? "

Believe it not, they do

Waste management in nuclear had made huge jumps. The problem with nuclear power isn’t the waste. It’s the public perception. A couple disasters really knows how to put people off things

Nuclear could end a lot of the energy problems the world has. I know renewable is preferred. But it doesn’t fix everything right now.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Id be happy to have electric of any sort right now.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"I'd be more happy with the prospect once they know how to deal with the waste and spent products, they still dont know how long they can store it for underground but I suppose as long as its out of sight eh? "

The total area that could be covered by the spent waste of every nuclear power station ever built is less that a football pitch.

Spent waste isn't the problem everyone thinks it is.

Winston.

over a year ago

Heard of something called a nuclear battery made from waste inside a diamond or something apparently would power things like watch’s for hundreds of years

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

I’m all for Nuclear power, and would rather see it used more than some renewables.

Nuclear accidents are way low, lower than Fossil fuels, Chernobyl was a faulty design exasperated by poor procedures, Fukushima was because of poor disaster planning.

France generates most of its power by Nuclear, why can’t we?

over a year ago

Happy? No. Accepting the reality? Yes.

By *uietly_KinkyMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

"I would prefer to see us using renewables such as wind and solar mode effectively. Having volunteered in Ukraine and Belarus and seeing the fallout from Chernobyl, I'm not sure how much I support nuclear energy. "

I'd like to think we wouldn't replicate the cavalcade of incompetence that led to Chernobyl.

over a year ago

"I would prefer to see us using renewables such as wind and solar mode effectively. Having volunteered in Ukraine and Belarus and seeing the fallout from Chernobyl, I'm not sure how much I support nuclear energy.

I'd like to think we wouldn't replicate the cavalcade of incompetence that led to Chernobyl."

There is at least 2 in operation of RBMK type reactor in Russia today but 4th is still dispute 'cos the one who blamed is denied everything even in the prison.

And it is not new that they don't really want clean pages in their politics and secrets..

over a year ago

Do I understand it right that you was volunter after the accident?

over a year ago

Nuclear works and is safer these days but hydrogen is also making a good claim

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Not particularly, as we have not got a solution to the masses of nuclear waste that ruins the world

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

"Not particularly, as we have not got a solution to the masses of nuclear waste that ruins the world "

This

Post new Message to Thread