Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lewis Hamilton

Jump to newest

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

So one day Lewis shows support for the victims of the Grenville tower and few months later drives a car which one of the sponsor built the gladding for the tower what a hypocrite

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If we all avoided everything that was in some way related to shitty people/ business practices, where would we be?

over a year ago

The guys a cock, goes on about human rights and still races.

It would bring more attention if he refused to race,

Forget the championship and sponsors

over a year ago

I wasn't aware he worked on the sponsorship/marketing side of the business while winning world championships.

Every day is a school day

over a year ago

Hamilton is a gifted driver but a total hypocrite wanting to appear all woke but then driving/supporting for the very institutions that created all the causes he purports to support. His net worth is over £250million. He is not constrained by worries of losing his job so can afford to be true. Instead, he's a twat.

over a year ago

"I wasn't aware he worked on the sponsorship/marketing side of the business while winning world championships.

Every day is a school day "

Well said!!!

Its scary the way people will just attack him, speak ill of him. Few other people get this level of vitriol for no reason.

By *ired_upMan
over a year ago

ashton

"I wasn't aware he worked on the sponsorship/marketing side of the business while winning world championships.

Well said!!!

Its scary the way people will just attack him, speak ill of him. Few other people get this level of vitriol for no reason. "

I mean Vettel set up a karting race for women in Saudi...doesn't get the same abuse....

Strange.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

If he has the power to change the colour of the car from mercedes silver which they have used since the 1930s to black I'm sure he can have a say on sponsorship

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

If only we could think of a reason people like Lewis Hamilton, Marcus rashford and Raheem sterling get so much criticism for being successful and outspoken on social justice issues.

over a year ago

it's easy to criticise him.. But do you honestly think he is aware of any of the minor sponsorship deals that appear on the nosecone of his car from week to week?

Also. The power you have as a famous athlete is absolutely to race, to be there, and talk about the issues (He is racing with a rainbow helmet, and frequently talks about the issues in interviews). What is the alternative? Even if the most famous driver refuses to race, Formula 1 would still race there.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

If we all avoided everything that was in some way related to shitty people/ business practices, where would we be? "

New Zealand?

By *44bertCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

You think he has any say whatsoever on who sponsors the team?

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Its scary the way people will just attack him, speak ill of him. Few other people get this level of vitriol for no reason. "

over a year ago

"If only we could think of a reason people like Lewis Hamilton, Marcus rashford and Raheem sterling get so much criticism for being successful and outspoken on social justice issues."

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Its scary the way people will just attack him, speak ill of him. Few other people get this level of vitriol for no reason.

I mean Vettel set up a karting race for women in Saudi...doesn't get the same abuse....

Strange.

"

Knowing the F1 circus quite well I doubt if SV knew about the initiative until it was given to his PR team for approval. They would have checked the proposal against his contractual obligations to RBR and the PR would analyse the gig to look at all angles the most prominent being the impact on future earnings.

over a year ago

Well said!!!

"

Don’t you mean this level of Vittel?

over a year ago

"You think he has any say whatsoever on who sponsors the team? "

This. I doubt he knew until he walked past his car this weekend.

Pretty stupid of Merc though.

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Don’t you mean this level of Vittel?"

Pun duly noted but i meant the level of _alice and bitterness and general abuse he gets. Few other sportspeople get spoken about like it. Its sad to see.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Completely agree, he's the driver for FFS. He brought one sponsor to the team and it wasn't them.

The Op obviously doesn't understand motorsports and what it takes to just to get to the grid let alone win 7 World championships.

He's the driver and that's his job which he would certainly loose if he didn't fulfil his contract.

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Pun duly noted but i meant the level of _alice and bitterness and general abuse he gets. Few other sportspeople get spoken about like it. Its sad to see. "

Always seems to be aimed at the most successful of sports people too. I find it very sad to see the amount of venom spat their way sometimes.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Well said!!!

I agree. The guy does so much for others. Yet will be ripped apart for what he doesn’t do… it’s pathetic.

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Pun duly noted but i meant the level of _alice and bitterness and general abuse he gets. Few other sportspeople get spoken about like it. Its sad to see. "

This level of attention either positive or negative is a result of idolisation of certain people who are part of the need for the great unwashed to have something to worship.

In my neck of the woods we are lucky to have a long term lollipop lady who has been doing a community vital job for nigh on 30 years. In the last honours list she was awarded a CBE for community service.

She very politely declined the offer asking if the cost of her award could be calculated and the same amount be given to the homeless charity Shelter.

I spoke to her on Friday morning it was howling a gale with driving rain. I asked why she was still at post to which replied “on days like this there will be stragglers and those who are late due to the weather”

Heroine? You’re dam right!

over a year ago

Well said!!!

I agree. The guy does so much for others. Yet will be ripped apart for what he doesn’t do… it’s pathetic. "

This

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Pun duly noted but i meant the level of _alice and bitterness and general abuse he gets. Few other sportspeople get spoken about like it. Its sad to see.

This level of attention either positive or negative is a result of idolisation of certain people who are part of the need for the great unwashed to have something to worship.

In my neck of the woods we are lucky to have a long term lollipop lady who has been doing a community vital job for nigh on 30 years. In the last honours list she was awarded a CBE for community service.

She very politely declined the offer asking if the cost of her award could be calculated and the same amount be given to the homeless charity Shelter.

I spoke to her on Friday morning it was howling a gale with driving rain. I asked why she was still at post to which replied “on days like this there will be stragglers and those who are late due to the weather”

Heroine? You’re dam right!"

xx

over a year ago

Well said!!!

I agree. The guy does so much for others. Yet will be ripped apart for what he doesn’t do… it’s pathetic. "

Can you list what his charitable work entails

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Other than the charity he founded?

over a year ago

"Other than the charity he founded?"

And the £3.5m vat rebate he received on his £16m private jet by setting a bogus leasing company?

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Ah. So it wasn't a good faith question then.

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Typical of British people, when a sports person does well, everyone rips them apart. He doesn’t have much say on sponsorship but gets a ripping. Ronaldo does the same things to avoid paying taxes yet everyone blows smoke up his arse. Tell me who the hypocrites are ?

over a year ago

"Ah. So it wasn't a good faith question then."

It was entirely in good faith.

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Haha this

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"So one day Lewis shows support for the victims of the Grenville tower and few months later drives a car which one of the sponsor built the gladding for the tower what a hypocrite"

To be totally fair, this is a complete none story.

Firstly, the fault of the Grenfell Towers tragedy doesn't lay with Kingspan. It lies with the architectural design team who decided what materials to use. The materials are generally available from most building suppliers.

Secondly, Lewis Hamilton is not involved in finding sponsorship deals for the Mercedes Motorsports corporation... in fact, the first he even knew about it was when the media made a "story" out of it.

Personally I think it's just another example of beating LH with any stick they can find.

I've not heard any complaints about other sports deals that Kingspan have (eg. Ulster Rugby).

Cal

By *rsonMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

I’m not particularly a fan of Hamilton but this is unfair. The sponsorship arrangement is a new thing, he’s not going to be involved in any way in the commercial F1 business, but he has made a statement saying he’s now made his feelings known. So I expect it might well change.

If anyone was going to be totally ethical they’d need to avoid Apple, Amazon, Nestle and hundreds of other mega-corps who have hideous human rights records - avoidance just isn’t practical in a sport as heavily sponsored as F1.

Another point is, okay Kingspan are implicated in a horrific mistake years ago. There’s a process for justice for that - and for individual executives involved in any dodgy decisions to be held accountable. Then there’s the need for a check put in place so it doesn’t happen again. Are we really saying the whole huge construction company should just be dragged out of business, all the employees lose their jobs - what does that achieve? More poor people made to be victims.

This viscous cancel culture is bollocks. We’re not a pack of wolves! The real culprits in Grenfell are wearing suits somewhere, some of them in parliament - you can’t take revenge out on a bloke who makes his living driving a Kingspan truck or a sportsman who drives a car that someone’s put a sticker on. Apply some thought.

over a year ago

"Typical of British people, when a sports person does well, everyone rips them apart. He doesn’t have much say on sponsorship but gets a ripping. Ronaldo does the same things to avoid paying taxes yet everyone blows smoke up his arse. Tell me who the hypocrites are ? "

Read my comment above.

If we are talking about hypocrisy then I think spuriously avoiding taxes ( whoever they are) whilst setting up charitable foundations is a good example!

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Unless he is directly involved in picking and choosing the sponsors, and also takes a kick back from it, then any furor about it is misguided.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If only we could think of a reason people like Lewis Hamilton, Marcus rashford and Raheem sterling get so much criticism for being successful and outspoken on social justice issues."

Something we ponder upon too, it's almost like there's an underlying element of something or other..

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

"So one day Lewis shows support for the victims of the Grenville tower and few months later drives a car which one of the sponsor built the gladding for the tower what a hypocrite"

Same as his stance on racism really. Hes happy to drive a car made by the same company as who allegedly made the generators for the chambers, and also wearing hugo boss clothing which also supplied the ss uniforms

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Typical of British people, when a sports person does well, everyone rips them apart. He doesn’t have much say on sponsorship but gets a ripping. Ronaldo does the same things to avoid paying taxes yet everyone blows smoke up his arse. Tell me who the hypocrites are ? "
what’s ronaldo done ?

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Have you read Kingspan's statement on their involvement in Grenville?

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Typical of British people, when a sports person does well, everyone rips them apart. He doesn’t have much say on sponsorship but gets a ripping. Ronaldo does the same things to avoid paying taxes yet everyone blows smoke up his arse. Tell me who the hypocrites are ?

Read my comment above.

If we are talking about hypocrisy then I think spuriously avoiding taxes ( whoever they are) whilst setting up charitable foundations is a good example! "

Have you declared every single Penny you’ve ever earned to the HMRC?

By *asques and boxersCouple
over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

This is a very sad post such a shame that people seem totally un able to just accept you can be successful without wanting them to be perfect beyond their ability to be the same. Take splitter out your own eye before you blow the dust out of others.

over a year ago

"Unless he is directly involved in picking and choosing the sponsors, and also takes a kick back from it, then any furor about it is misguided."

The contract between LH companies (and it will be companies) and F1 will have certain clauses excluding sponsorships from certain industries and sectors.

Somebody in the LH legal camp should be all over this and alerted LH inc to the reputational fall out.

I dare say LH doesn’t have a clue who the cladding manufacturer is.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple
over a year ago

Somerset

I have sympathy for people who say Hamilton gets a lot of underserved stick, probably, partly because of his colour. He does, but, and this is a big but, he is in a unique and privileged position where he could actually do some real good. F1, probably more so than any sport is morally bankrupt, globalist capitalism on steroids that exists solely to make money, much of it by enabling terrible regimes to sportswash their human rights crimes. Lewis is rich and successful enough to walk away and say I won’t be part of this anymore. I won’t race in countries where gay people face the death penalty. Who knows, he might just get other drivers, then golfers and footballers joining him.

By *asques and boxersCouple
over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Hope every pointing finger has amended all their own positions from the energy suppliers to the pension and investment holdings their own foot prints and personal employment to the same degree as they seem prepared to preach others should.

Someone once pointed out to me if you point remember by your own hand three fingers point back at you.

over a year ago

"Typical of British people, when a sports person does well, everyone rips them apart. He doesn’t have much say on sponsorship but gets a ripping. Ronaldo does the same things to avoid paying taxes yet everyone blows smoke up his arse. Tell me who the hypocrites are ?

Read my comment above.

If we are talking about hypocrisy then I think spuriously avoiding taxes ( whoever they are) whilst setting up charitable foundations is a good example!

Have you declared every single Penny you’ve ever earned to the HMRC? "

I have indeed and proud to say that. The type of business I run would make it impossible for me to moonlight. I have never been in the position where I have needed social assistance so can say with clarity my social financial account is up to date.

Three times a year I sit down with the accountant and agree with HMRC both company and personal tax liabilities and they are paid in a timely manner.

The last two VAT inspections have gone with minor comments on certain elements of the operation.

Have I employed a specialist to look for tax avoidance schemes, no and never will.

Anything else you would like me to cover?

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Read my comment above.

I have indeed and proud to say that. The type of business I run would make it impossible for me to moonlight. I have never been in the position where I have needed social assistance so can say with clarity my social financial account is up to date.

Three times a year I sit down with the accountant and agree with HMRC both company and personal tax liabilities and they are paid in a timely manner.

The last two VAT inspections have gone with minor comments on certain elements of the operation.

Have I employed a specialist to look for tax avoidance schemes, no and never will.

Anything else you would like me to cover?"

No you are perfect in ever conceivable way.

over a year ago

Read my comment above.

No you are perfect in ever conceivable way. "

Well as long as we both agree.

I would point out however I have experiences with working with the F1 organisation and the F1 circus and its quite apparent just how insular they are. Certain teams have more lawyers in the entourage than mechanics which sort of sums up the whole gig!

By *enuine MikeMan
over a year ago

Guildford

Pathetic post. You are talking total bollocks.

By *enuine MikeMan
over a year ago

Guildford

"The guys a cock, goes on about human rights and still races.

Forget the championship and sponsors"

Another pathetic response to someone who knows nothing about the sport or his circumstances.

Racist much? Jealous? Why is the guy a cock? You are talking bollocks

By *orkshireDrifterMan
over a year ago

Nafferton, nr Driffield.

I don't think that 'Kingspan' have been directly implicated in that disgraceful and tragic event.

That said, for all that Hamilton is a Pratt he is a magnificent driver .....

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Hamilton had no involvement whatsoever in the sponsorship deal made between his employers and Kingspan.

Michael Gove is an odeous character trying to curry favour by a callous attempt at being woke.

Kingspan released the following statement. "Kingspan played no role in the design of the cladding system on Grenfell Tower, where its K15 product constituted approximately 5% of the insulation and was used as a substitute product without Kingspan’s knowledge in a system that was not compliant with the building regulations."

If you feel empowered to criticise Hamilton then point out that he drives for a German team. Unlike the design failings at Grenville, Germany were responsible for the deliberate, planned and systematic murder of 6 million Jews in the holocaust.

I am however confident none of those criticising Hamilton are doing it because he is black and am certain they own nothing made in Germany. Likewise they would resign immediately if their own employers had any involvement in Kingspan or any German companies.

Can we now please have a bit of realism in this.

over a year ago

So this is another thread knocking Lewis Hamilton for x y or z etc etc

There are plenty of angles and facts regarding Grenfell to be cross about - how about the fact that 1000's of tower blocks are still clad in combustible cladding - can I suggest you you complain about that OP instead of a small sticker on a racing car?

You complain about Lewis Hamilton but what have you done for the Grenfell victims, survivors, and the families still living in Tower blocks with combustible cladding? Have you protested, written to your MP, Boris or the band wagon jumping Michael Gove?

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"So this is another thread knocking Lewis Hamilton for x y or z etc etc

There are plenty of angles and facts regarding Grenfell to be cross about - how about the fact that 1000's of tower blocks are still clad in combustible cladding - can I suggest you you complain about that OP instead of a small sticker on a racing car?

You complain about Lewis Hamilton but what have you done for the Grenfell victims, survivors, and the families still living in Tower blocks with combustible cladding? Have you protested, written to your MP, Boris or the band wagon jumping Michael Gove?"

Gove was trying to deflect blame from the Conservative Council that supervised Grenville's reconstruction and the Conservative Govt who are doing virtually nothing to assist the 100 or so other flats with Grenville type cladding

over a year ago

I was pleasantly surprised to see a Lewis Hamilton thread with more posts defending him than joining in on LH bashing.

Then I realised I was Fabswingers than Fabguys. The anti LH on Fabguys is on another level.

By *rsonMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

"I was pleasantly surprised to see a Lewis Hamilton thread with more posts defending him than joining in on LH bashing.

Then I realised I was Fabswingers than Fabguys. The anti LH on Fabguys is on another level."

Jeez he’s pretty high profile on sex sites then.

They say there’s only one thing worse than being talked about…. not being talked about.

Anyway, Ronnie for the SPOTY

By *44bertCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

"So one day Lewis shows support for the victims of the Grenville tower and few months later drives a car which one of the sponsor built the gladding for the tower what a hypocrite

Same as his stance on racism really. Hes happy to drive a car made by the same company as who allegedly made the generators for the chambers, and also wearing hugo boss clothing which also supplied the ss uniforms"

I hope you warmed up before making this ridiculous stretch. You think he's someone complicit in what a company did 80 years ago? Give your head a wobble.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Well said!!!

no reason i think anybody can see the reason why he is vilified its the colour of his skin . he gets critsized and lambasted for being a tax exhile in the right wing press yet coultart Button and Mcrea were given a free ride for exactly the same living arrangments its staring you in the face but nobody is prepared to say it

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Read my comment above.

No you are perfect in ever conceivable way. "

Now that really is an oxymoron

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Its scary the way people will just attack him, speak ill of him. Few other people get this level of vitriol for no reason. no reason i think anybody can see the reason why he is vilified its the colour of his skin . he gets critsized and lambasted for being a tax exhile in the right wing press yet coultart Button and Mcrea were given a free ride for exactly the same living arrangments its staring you in the face but nobody is prepared to say it

"

I mentioned this on a thread on Fabguys. The foaming at the mouth from the hate brigade was laughable.

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Forget the championship and sponsors"

By that logic every driver and every member of every of every team is just as guilty, and so is every fan watching......

He does a lot more than most, so it makes me think that many people have another reason for singling him out......

Gee I wonder what makes him different from the rest of the grid

over a year ago

Forget the championship and sponsors

By that logic every driver and every member of every of every team is just as guilty, and so is every fan watching......

He does a lot more than most, so it makes me think that many people have another reason for singling him out......

Gee I wonder what makes him different from the rest of the grid "

He is usually in the front!

over a year ago

Read my comment above.

Have you declared every single Penny you’ve ever earned to the HMRC? Y

No you are perfect in ever conceivable way.

Now that really is an oxymoron "

How so?

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

He's an absolute cnut nugget, can't stand the guy.

over a year ago

"He's an absolute cnut nugget, can't stand the guy. "

I am sure he speaks highly of you too?

over a year ago

He drives a car.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"He's an absolute cnut nugget, can't stand the guy. "

What has he done to make you feel that way?

over a year ago

"He drives a car."

Very fast!

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Hamilton had no involvement whatsoever in the sponsorship deal made between his employers and Kingspan.

Michael Gove is an odeous character trying to curry favour by a callous attempt at being woke.

Kingspan released the following statement. "Kingspan played no role in the design of the cladding system on Grenfell Tower, where its K15 product constituted approximately 5% of the insulation and was used as a substitute product without Kingspan’s knowledge in a system that was not compliant with the building regulations."

If you feel empowered to criticise Hamilton then point out that he drives for a German team. Unlike the design failings at Grenville, Germany were responsible for the deliberate, planned and systematic murder of 6 million Jews in the holocaust.

I am however confident none of those criticising Hamilton are doing it because he is black and am certain they own nothing made in Germany. Likewise they would resign immediately if their own employers had any involvement in Kingspan or any German companies.

Can we now please have a bit of realism in this. "

Well said.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Funny enough Mercedes have just announced they have terminated said sponsorship…..

You’ll have to find something else to bat Hamilton round the head with!!!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

He scraped their sticker onto the red bull car

over a year ago

"

Knowing the F1 circus quite well I doubt if SV knew about the initiative until it was given to his PR team for approval. They would have checked the proposal against his contractual obligations to RBR and the PR would analyse the gig to look at all angles the most prominent being the impact on future earnings."

Knowing it quite well you’d probably be aware SV hasn’t driven for RBR for 7 years…

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"So one day Lewis shows support for the victims of the Grenville tower and few months later drives a car which one of the sponsor built the gladding for the tower what a hypocrite

Funny enough Mercedes have just announced they have terminated said sponsorship…..

You’ll have to find something else to bat Hamilton round the head with!!! "

Lol, they will keep on coming, trust me

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

To be totally fair, this is a complete none story.

Firstly, the fault of the Grenfell Towers tragedy doesn't lay with Kingspan. It lies with the architectural design team who decided what materials to use. The materials are generally available from most building suppliers.

Secondly, Lewis Hamilton is not involved in finding sponsorship deals for the Mercedes Motorsports corporation... in fact, the first he even knew about it was when the media made a "story" out of it.

Personally I think it's just another example of beating LH with any stick they can find.

I've not heard any complaints about other sports deals that Kingspan have (eg. Ulster Rugby).

Cal"

This

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

Read my comment above.

If we are talking about hypocrisy then I think spuriously avoiding taxes ( whoever they are) whilst setting up charitable foundations is a good example! "

F1 drivers earn a lot of money and almost 80 percent of them live in Monaco so why single Lewis out? There's nothing wrong or illegal about what he did and for you own information Lewis is among the top 5000 highest tax payers in the UK. These guys race in more than 10 countries and you should know that they pay where they race and Lewis,Lando, George will also pay tax for eat they earn in the UK not on their entire earnings. Living in Monaco saves these guys a lot of money that's why Lando is moving there next year.

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

"If he has the power to change the colour of the car from mercedes silver which they have used since the 1930s to black I'm sure he can have a say on sponsorship"

Martin Luther King's activism changed a lot of things but it didn't end racism, Lewis can't change everything that's wrong with the world but he sure is making a lot of people uncomfortable in F1 with his fight for equality and I'm sure that his and Seb's actions in Qatar unsettled a lot of people. What have you ever done for human rights and inequality?

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

The Kingspan thing is quite tricky as although they had no say in where their product was used they were responsible for amending it’s makeup making it more flammable but then using the prior data sheets as they deemed it wasn’t a significant change.

Now if they had if changed the data sheets would it have made a difference to people using it where they shouldn’t be anyway? Probably not, but because they didn’t it stops them being 100% innocent.

It’s akin to me going down the Timberyard For some 2x2 & then blaming them when my roof collapses because I used it as roof trusses!

S

over a year ago

"If he has the power to change the colour of the car from mercedes silver which they have used since the 1930s to black I'm sure he can have a say on sponsorship

Martin Luther King's activism changed a lot of things but it didn't end racism, Lewis can't change everything that's wrong with the world but he sure is making a lot of people uncomfortable in F1 with his fight for equality and I'm sure that his and Seb's actions in Qatar unsettled a lot of people. What have you ever done for human rights and inequality?"

The key word here is uncomfortable. He can’t fix it, but he can make people squirm. He possibly made zero difference in Saudi, but he’s probably made loads of people here bitch and mean about him, and have those people largely get educated (even if they don’t realise) on their own discrimination. Being at the top makes you a target. Being at the top while being different to everyone you beat, makes you a huge target. And once you have a token figurehead to take aim at, it always says more about the people throwing stones than what they think they’re throwing at. If he was Non-British or White he’d be twice as popular to white brits. We’re supposed to love an underdog, but apparently only for the odd fluke, we don’t like continual success, apparently…

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

He doesn’t choose the sponsor list, why would you think it has anything to do with him?

The only sponsor he has personally brought to the team is Tommy Hilfiger, as he works with them outside F1.

over a year ago

Well I think he's a bad influence on young people. He drives too fast, never uses his indicators, doesn't hold the steering wheel at 10 to 2, I've never seen him do a proper 3-point turn and he doesn't phone his mother often enough.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Well I think he's a bad influence on young people. He drives too fast, never uses his indicators, doesn't hold the steering wheel at 10 to 2, I've never seen him do a proper 3-point turn and he doesn't phone his mother often enough."

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

"Hamilton is a gifted driver but a total hypocrite wanting to appear all woke but then driving/supporting for the very institutions that created all the causes he purports to support. His net worth is over £250million. He is not constrained by worries of losing his job so can afford to be true. Instead, he's a twat."

How does your mind work? Mercedes was invented by a German national not for the Nazis,not every German was a Nazi. So if Lewis should not drive a Mercedes because Hitler owned one then I guess as black people we should not wear clothes made of cotton coz black S..ves used to pick cotton for 18 to 20 hours a day. We can't change the past we can only try to create a better future .

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Other than the charity he founded?

And the £3.5m vat rebate he received on his £16m private jet by setting a bogus leasing company?"

Uh-huh….I’m sure he popped onto the Companies House website after a race, downloaded the registration forms and did it all himself before logging onto GOV.UK the following quarter to sort his VAT payment.

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Can someone point me to the thread that criticizes David Beckham for his connections to Qatar - surely all those criticizing Lewis would feel a similar way about Beckham?

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Then by that example every person from the uk who attends the Beijing Olympics should be lambasted for competing ?

over a year ago

"Can someone point me to the thread that criticizes David Beckham for his connections to Qatar - surely all those criticizing Lewis would feel a similar way about Beckham?"

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

he probably didnt even know the sticker was on the car, do you think he know all the sponsers, think again. it was just a massive corperate cock up, probably from someone who doesnt even live in england and who had probably never heard of the fire. sometimes things slip through the net, most of mercs pen pushers are based in germany, the team have little or no say in the sponswers, they just want money to spend, the corparate side and the race team arent even in the same country, i do admit, massive fail from merc tho

over a year ago

he probably didnt even know the sticker was on the car, do you think he know all the sponsers, think again. it was just a massive corperate cock up, probably from someone who doesnt even live in england and who had probably never heard of the fire. sometimes things slip through the net, most of mercs pen pushers are based in germany, the team have little or no say in the sponswers, they just want money to spend, the corparate side and the race team arent even in the same country, i do admit, massive fail from merc tho"

Non story, the sponsorship has been terminated, so let's see if anyone retracts their criticism? No? Thought not. Everyone makes mistakes. That's allowed, if you learn from them and don't double up. They addressed it immediately, spoke to the charitable trust for the survivors, and ended the deal swiftly, without being forced, and without wheedling about how unfair it was. You cannot ask for more. Where's the real story? The fact that tower blocks the country over are charging residents 10s or 100s of thousands of pounds to put right this stuff and the government doing nothing. But let's blame a black guy that drives a car fast...

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Can someone point me to the thread that criticizes David Beckham for his connections to Qatar - surely all those criticizing Lewis would feel a similar way about Beckham?"
this this this

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Then by that example every person from the uk who attends the Beijing Olympics should be lambasted for competing ?

"

No it's worse! By their logic anyone who works for a company that trades products or service from a country like China, or Saudi is personally responsible and should quit their job in protest. And likewise nobody should buy any products that originate from countries like that, or any product that contains Mica, Sugar, palm oil or Cocoa..... And I guess we can't complain about any animal cruelty, if were not Vegan.....

Racism on it's own is bad enough.... but when combined with jealousy and Hypocrisy it's even more Toxic!

By *ay731973Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

As a Driver he is world's apart but as a person he is a Dick he is so up his own ass

By *andystick72Man
over a year ago

kinky Street

Ha ha check out the vasterpan fans

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

He has nothing to do with sponsorship deals. And Mercedes has ended the sponsorship.

To me thus is just another Hate Hamilton Post. O know of no other British Drivwr that has achieved what Hamilton has yet got so much crap from the British public.

By *adyCassandraClonmelTV/TS
over a year ago

woodford h

Oh look,this might as well be the YouTube comments section...

You know people have no grip on reality when they're hating on a driver because of one of the TEAMS sponsors.

Guess people just love to hate success, or love Max Crashstappen too much.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Here we go again come on admit it. Its not about Hamiltons sponsorship. Something he has no control over. And merecedes have ended the sponsorship and who's to say that Hamilton dissnt have a say in that?

Never have I ever heard of British driver who has achieved as much as this man get so much stick from people of his own country.

I wonder why?

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Again he has no say in the sponsorship and thus is old news Mercedes pulled the deal and how do you know he diddnt say something after he found out?

By *adyCassandraClonmelTV/TS
over a year ago

woodford h

"Again he has no say in the sponsorship and thus is old news Mercedes pulled the deal and how do you know he diddnt say something after he found out?

"

Yeah, it's threads like this that just go to show, most people who watch formula 1 don't know fuck all about how the world works... Let alone how a formula 1 team works... :P

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"As a Driver he is world's apart but as a person he is a Dick he is so up his own ass"

To be fair, Verstappen is considerably worse. He whines and whinges constantly, constantly calls other driver names and generally behaves like a spoiled child at times.

Then again, he is very young, and has been effectively raised to be a F1 champion from birth by a motor racing focused family. I have no doubt that he will grow as a person as he matures, but for the time-being he's much worse than Lewis.

Cal

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why don’t they all drive the same car? Surely that’s how you make things a fair competition?

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I notice that no one caught the news that Mercedes had terminated the sponsorship deal?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Why don’t they all drive the same car? Surely that’s how you make things a fair competition?"

The ‘fair’ bit is all the teams being given the same set of rules with which to build a car.

The ‘competition’ is what they achieve within those rules.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Not sure how Hamilton has enough time in the day what with having to sign off and make every decision for Mercedes-benz...

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Why don’t they all drive the same car? Surely that’s how you make things a fair competition?

The ‘fair’ bit is all the teams being given the same set of rules with which to build a car.

The ‘competition’ is what they achieve within those rules. "

Ah makes sense

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"As a Driver he is world's apart but as a person he is a Dick he is so up his own ass

To be fair, Verstappen is considerably worse. He whines and whinges constantly, constantly calls other driver names and generally behaves like a spoiled child at times.

Then again, he is very young, and has been effectively raised to be a F1 champion from birth by a motor racing focused family. I have no doubt that he will grow as a person as he matures, but for the time-being he's much worse than Lewis.

Cal"

I always thought that Verstappens attitude was that of a toddler.

But after that crash where the side of his car ended up inches from Hamiltons head which if that cage had not been there woukd have taken Hamiltons head off.

What was his reaction? Any decent person woukd go up and see if he was OK and asked of he was OK.

What did he do? Walks off to get his version in first without a second glance.

That is just just bad sportsmanship . It's shows serious sociopathic tendencies.

I have really disliked Verstappen since.

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"As a Driver he is world's apart but as a person he is a Dick he is so up his own ass

Cal

But after that crash where the side of his car ended up inches from Hamiltons head which if that cage had not been there woukd have taken Hamiltons head off.

What was his reaction? Any decent person woukd go up and see if he was OK and asked of he was OK.

That is just just bad sportsmanship . It's shows serious sociopathic tendencies.

I have really disliked Verstappen since."

He reminds me of Schumacher. He was just as ruthless.

By *yclindaveMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Very easy to criticize Lewis, and say he's a twat, knob or other name. However those that that say that have you met him? I doubt it for most calling him names.

I've met him multiple times, and he is one of the nicest most genuine down to earth guys you could ever meet. He has a PR team of 6 they pretty much tell him Lewis say this, wear this do this it will have wider impact. He cares absolutely about the impact so does it. Doesn't mean it's him.

By *g1231974Man
over a year ago

wetherby

F1 has become so poisonous it's very hard just to enjoy nowadays.

over a year ago

I much rather watch wrc no they are real drivers

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

You’ll have to find something else to bat Hamilton round the head with!!! "

He claims he rose from the ghettos of Stevenage......

He sulks when he loses.

He drives a car championed by Shitler.

Wonder if he'll jump to Aston Martin being a Union jack flag flyer(sarcasm)

At least Max looks like Rowan Atkinson, come on Max.

over a year ago

I admire people that can consistently boycott companies & support ethical ones. -It is a hard slog though, no doubt..

Morality & economics/business rarely go together. (I think the world would be a better place if it did though and there are examples of companies that think about externalities other than just pure profit.)

Recently I decided on not buying Siemens kitchen appliance. (I can't get the fact that they owned part of Auschwitz and used the same forced labour to build it that were later murdered there...even though i know there's no-one alive now involved in the company that has any connection/responsibility for that..)

One thing I'd advise people to do - that have any interest in this sort of thing (if you don't, fair enough) is move your money to an ethical bank. It doesn't make sense to keep your account at a high street bank that invests in fossil fuels, nuclear weapons and sweatshop labour etc. (most of them do this.)

Triodos has been consistently rated as the most ethical bank. They invest in things like green energy, fairtrade companies & social enterprises.

I closed my barclays account years ago & moved..

They're definitely worth checking out.

By *he normal oneMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I think what will define Lewis will be what he does after his F1 driving days are over, will he be a champion of deserving causes using his pr presence to make real changes or will he fail to accomplish anything outside the f1 paddock and end up being a tv pundit hanging onto the tail of the f1 circus in a desperate way to keep a connection to what his life has been up to that point. It will certainly be an interesting time for Mr Hamilton.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Cal

I have really disliked Verstappen since.

He reminds me of Schumacher. He was just as ruthless. "

You don’t get anywhere in that industry without being a little bit ruthless

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Yeah like he sorted it out lol

over a year ago

"I notice that no one caught the news that Mercedes had terminated the sponsorship deal? "

Read back

over a year ago

"I think what will define Lewis will be what he does after his F1 driving days are over, will he be a champion of deserving causes using his pr presence to make real changes or will he fail to accomplish anything outside the f1 paddock and end up being a tv pundit hanging onto the tail of the f1 circus in a desperate way to keep a connection to what his life has been up to that point. It will certainly be an interesting time for Mr Hamilton."

No other ex champ has ever been defined by this so it would be double standards if he was. What’s more likely is he will step away from the sport and into the stuff he’s already well known to be into, like music, fashion and so on, and still get caned for ‘never was a proper driver anyway’

The only ex that ever went on to exceed his driving was probably Lauda who set up a successful (for a period) airline, but then even he came from that family background before being a black sheep to cars.

Post new Message to Thread