Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Long Covid?

Jump to newest

By *ingly_minx1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

Does anybody have this?

How has it changed your sex life? Do your partners understand what's happening with your body?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What should they understand?

over a year ago

I have ME which is the actual real long covid. The whole long covid thing annoys me. I had meningitis 6 years ago and was left with “post viral fatigue” which later became ME or CFS. It’s taken medical professionals years to recognise and accept ME yet the pandemic happens and suddenly it’s “long covid” and everyone gets research help and treatment. Makes me so mad. The NICE guidelines have finally just been changed thanks to action for me campaigning.

If you have long covid I’m sorry to hear this. Any debilitating illness sucks.

I’m constantly fatigued, in pain, etc. it’s just my new normal now.

Hope your family are understanding mine aren’t. I get called lazy.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Not had covid or the longy covidiy but apparently it works itself out if you eat a lot of greens and salmons and nuts and do some meditateivy yogas, taking your sex life in your walking pace stride.

over a year ago

Lincoln

That you're constantly exhausted and might not be as perky as you used to be. It's a chronic illness and a big change if you were previously fit and healthy.

over a year ago

Lincoln

I understand your frustration. I was experiencing chronic fatigue sometimes before I got Covid but now they're constant and being taken seriously.

I'm sorry your family aren't supportive, that's rough

By *ovablerogue40Man
over a year ago

travelling

"That you're constantly exhausted and might not be as perky as you used to be. It's a chronic illness and a big change if you were previously fit and healthy."

I haven't had long covid, but I have a disability called cluster headaches. For me it is episodic and I am anxious all the time, it makes me exhausted. People don't understand it.

Hope you start to feel better soon

over a year ago

Lincoln

"That you're constantly exhausted and might not be as perky as you used to be. It's a chronic illness and a big change if you were previously fit and healthy.

I haven't had long covid, but I have a disability called cluster headaches. For me it is episodic and I am anxious all the time, it makes me exhausted. People don't understand it.

Hope you start to feel better soon "

I can't imagine how you feel. I get migraines, especially when it's stormy and they flatten me for a couple of days.

I'm starting to feel better but progress is so slow.

By *ovablerogue40Man
over a year ago

travelling

"That you're constantly exhausted and might not be as perky as you used to be. It's a chronic illness and a big change if you were previously fit and healthy.

Hope you start to feel better soon

I can't imagine how you feel. I get migraines, especially when it's stormy and they flatten me for a couple of days.

I'm starting to feel better but progress is so slow."

How are you feeling? Hopefully you back to you old self by now

over a year ago

My wife and myself had it. She was initially far worse than me. Wasn't able to get back to work for 3 months and was breathless even when walking (she does ultrarunning so not being able to walk easily was quite extreme).

I was up and about much sooner but still don't have a full sense of smell and my voice disappears from time to time plus have ongoing sinusitis.

Both of us had different ongoing pains, aches etc.

I'd say the worst of it was for 3-4 months after COVID. But a year later still lingering issues but none of them really debilitating now.

Post new Message to Thread