Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What’s the thing with Snapchat?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I realise that at the age of 43, I might be out of touch but what is it with everyone asking if I have Snapchat?

What happens on there?

Why not just message here?

Am I missing something?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

All I know is it has bunny ears. That’s my knowledge of Snapchat!

By *onderingpurposeMan
over a year ago

Belfast

You can make calls/video cals with giving away your number

over a year ago

"You can make calls/video cals with giving away your number"

Ah! Well that’s not something I’d want to do so f@ck that! I won’t even call for a pizza haha

over a year ago

"All I know is it has bunny ears. That’s my knowledge of Snapchat! "

Same!

By *mpressive sex75Woman
over a year ago

walsall

I must be a dinosaur, never been bothered. I dont have it.

So no idea.

I use kik

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

It's just another messaging service, but the chats disappear after they've been read, including photos. If someone screenshots the picture it notifies you. You can put stories on like on Instagram and Facebook that last for 24 hours before disappearing. I don't mind it for sending banter etc.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Don’t go on it , it’s so cheugy if you’re over 16.

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Can you send pictures of food with it, or is it just for other stuff you'd like to eat?

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’ve only just acclimatised to the Instagram stories thingy, so Snapchat can do one!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s easier to chat, send videos/photos without signing into Fab for me

Also? 43? Wow!

over a year ago

Its abit cringey as is ticktock, if ive been chatting to someone and the mention it my penis shrivels up.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"It's just another messaging service, but the chats disappear after they've been read, including photos. If someone screenshots the picture it notifies you. You can put stories on like on Instagram and Facebook that last for 24 hours before disappearing. I don't mind it for sending banter etc. "

Now i understand why my friend at work is using it

over a year ago

Can't stand it because the messages disappear and I can't remember every but of every conversation I have.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

It's usually a good indication that someone is going to up and disappear. We've had a few "women" ask if we have Kik/Snapchat withing one or two messages, when we say we like to keep it on here for a while they suddenly go silent or disappear

LvM

By *moothshaftMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"I must be a dinosaur, never been bothered. I dont have it.

So no idea.

I use kik

"

Same here, seems more popular amongst the more 'mature'!! X

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

"Can't stand it because the messages disappear and I can't remember every but of every conversation I have. "

That's the draw of it for people who are doing things they perhaps shouldn't be, it's pretty discreet for that reason.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Nope not for me.

All I think is filters and fuck boys x

over a year ago

"It's usually a good indication that someone is going to up and disappear. We've had a few "women" ask if we have Kik/Snapchat withing one or two messages, when we say we like to keep it on here for a while they suddenly go silent or disappear

LvM"

If they ask for snap, ask them for their landline number, that'll keep their interest

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"I realise that at the age of 43, I might be out of touch but what is it with everyone asking if I have Snapchat?

What happens on there?

Am I missing something? "

It's probably because you look younger than you are. Attracting a younger crowd who are into snapchatting

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

"Can't stand it because the messages disappear and I can't remember every but of every conversation I have. "

Same

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"It's usually a good indication that someone is going to up and disappear. We've had a few "women" ask if we have Kik/Snapchat withing one or two messages, when we say we like to keep it on here for a while they suddenly go silent or disappear

LvM

If they ask for snap, ask them for their landline number, that'll keep their interest "

LvM

over a year ago

"It’s easier to chat, send videos/photos without signing into Fab for me

Also? 43? Wow! "

Botox and fillers are my best friends haha

over a year ago

"Don’t go on it , it’s so cheugy if you’re over 16. "

The fuck is Cheugy

over a year ago

Last time I checked using the word Cheugy.. is Cheugy.. especially if you're over 16..

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

"It’s easier to chat, send videos/photos without signing into Fab for me

Also? 43? Wow!

Botox and fillers are my best friends haha "

Might have to look into those

over a year ago

No idea I had it for a day years ago it’s awful

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Don’t go on it , it’s so cheugy if you’re over 16.

The fuck is Cheugy "

Being down with something when it’s so gone , yet trying so hard to be on it, like Snapchat or sharing tiktoks of Francis Bourgeois, when he was last weeks trend.

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

The fuck is Cheugy "

Cheugy (/'t?u?gi/ CHOOG-ee[1]) is an American internet neologism coined in 2013. The term is commonly claimed to have been popularized by Generation Z,[dubious – discuss] as a pejorative to describe lifestyle trends associated with the early 2010s and millennials. This aesthetic has been described as[2][3][4] the opposite of "trendy"[5] or "trying too hard".[6] The term has been co-opted by some who identify with the aesthetic.[1]

People who are cheugy are referred to as cheugs.[7] Media described as cheugy include "live, laugh, love signs", "Minion memes",[3][5][8][9] and "anything that says 'girl boss' on it".[2][6][10] While it has been compared to being basic,[3] some sources have suggested that it is "not quite 'basic'."[1] The Evening Standard said that "the cheug's logical archnemesis is probably the hipster"

Google and Wikipedia

over a year ago

Fourtywhatnow?

Piss off! x

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

The fuck is Cheugy

Cheugy (/'t?u?gi/ CHOOG-ee[1]) is an American internet neologism coined in 2013. The term is commonly claimed to have been popularized by Generation Z,[dubious – discuss] as a pejorative to describe lifestyle trends associated with the early 2010s and millennials. This aesthetic has been described as[2][3][4] the opposite of "trendy"[5] or "trying too hard".[6] The term has been co-opted by some who identify with the aesthetic.[1]

People who are cheugy are referred to as cheugs.[7] Media described as cheugy include "live, laugh, love signs", "Minion memes",[3][5][8][9] and "anything that says 'girl boss' on it".[2][6][10] While it has been compared to being basic,[3] some sources have suggested that it is "not quite 'basic'."[1] The Evening Standard said that "the cheug's logical archnemesis is probably the hipster"

Google and Wikipedia "

That’s funny

Down comes the live love laught then!! Wouldn’t want to be “Not quite basic”

over a year ago

"I realise that at the age of 43, I might be out of touch but what is it with everyone asking if I have Snapchat?

What happens on there?

I've heard nightmares about Snapchat. I signed up to kik out of bored a few weeks ago.

I think it depends what you want to use it for

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's better than having to give your number out, you can check if people really are who they say they are, I like voice notes to hear accents.

Easier to chat if you don't want to be logged in here all the time

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Last time I checked using the word Cheugy.. is Cheugy.. especially if you're over 16.."

I’ve not heard that rule. Generally if you work with or have your own mini people , its essential to learn thier language and culture or they will assume you’re irrelevant and do the opposite of what you advise them to

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'm nearly 45, the guys I chat to are younger. I think it's so much better than Kik. No fakes/bots sending messages either.

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

"

That’s funny

Down comes the live love laught then!! Wouldn’t want to be “Not quite basic” "

I wouldn't really read too much into it.

"Trends" are just in the moment things and then a new one appears.

Live, love and laugh the way that fits into your own life and don't be drawn into the infinite loop of trendsetters trying to be the next best thing.

No doubt sliced bread was trendy at one point

over a year ago

"I'm nearly 45, the guys I chat to are younger. I think it's so much better than Kik. No fakes/bots sending messages either. "

Same, i do still have kik but with bots, the daft camera section and how slow it is, it’s very rare I’ll use it now

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I don’t get the attraction with it either, I find it a pretty off putting app to be honest.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Yeah also don't get the point of it. Usually just women advertising their OF accounts! Rarely go on it.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I've been asked the exact same thing tonight. I thought Snapchat was for youngsters.

over a year ago

"I've been asked the exact same thing tonight. I thought Snapchat was for youngsters."

I find it’s been mostly under 35’s asking me for it

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

I got Snapchat, kik and WhatsApp...if we like each other and there's the possibility for us to meet ,I would prefer to chat on one of those apps. It makes it easier to build a connection when you are sending messages in real time, and of course to have a face time call before meeting in person. If anyone says they just want to chat here for now, than in most likelihood they don't want to meet.

over a year ago

"I got Snapchat, kik and WhatsApp...if we like each other and there's the possibility for us to meet ,I would prefer to chat on one of those apps. It makes it easier to build a connection when you are sending messages in real time, and of course to have a face time call before meeting in person. If anyone says they just want to chat here for now, than in most likelihood they don't want to meet."

I wouldn’t give out my number so WhatsApp is not possible, I’m too old for Snapchat and although I have Kik, it’s so far back on my phone, I never remember to check it! Ah well

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"I got Snapchat, kik and WhatsApp...if we like each other and there's the possibility for us to meet ,I would prefer to chat on one of those apps. It makes it easier to build a connection when you are sending messages in real time, and of course to have a face time call before meeting in person. If anyone says they just want to chat here for now, than in most likelihood they don't want to meet."

I still want to meet people and not talk on kik/Snapchat etc

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

"I got Snapchat, kik and WhatsApp...if we like each other and there's the possibility for us to meet ,I would prefer to chat on one of those apps. It makes it easier to build a connection when you are sending messages in real time, and of course to have a face time call before meeting in person. If anyone says they just want to chat here for now, than in most likelihood they don't want to meet.

I still want to meet people and not talk on kik/Snapchat etc "

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Have found telegram to be pretty good, same as WhatsApp but don’t have to share your number.

over a year ago

Cuck snapchat / wife chat

over a year ago

What happens on there?

It's not just you tbh. I don’t see the purpose of it either. I joined it on 2 occasions to speak to a lady and deleted it the following day lol. But apparently msgs, pics and videos don't get stored their so women and men use it to send nudes that they don't want the other person to collect xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's typically like the many other apps that people try to get you to use, to share more photos and videos, as well as bypass Fab protocols and security

over a year ago

Looks like WhatsApp now does the "one view" thing .... So no need for me to understand another app!

Now to ignore tiktok for a few more years ....

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Don't use it was annoying! The same with Facebook gets too much, Too many apps. Lol

By *igCockForYou121Man
over a year ago

spalding

Usualsuspect987 ladies only add my snap

over a year ago

It is a good app for verifying people are real, I use it

By *implynaughty1Couple
over a year ago

stockport

Love snap chat

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Is it free

over a year ago

Got to much for me

By *ixedDevilMan
over a year ago

Bootyville

Its not bad for chatting with people without revealing your number. You can send pictures that can’t be saved by the recipient and you can post whatever you like on your story. I have a personal account for friends and family, but i’m thinking of making one specifically for fab but i’m not sure if many people use it.

By *llovereveryMan
over a year ago

Halifax

What happens on there?

Instagram and Snapchat focus mainly photo and video sharing. Snapchat more for private chats.

Facebook focuses more on sharing life events both privately and publicly.

Twitter focuses more on sharing news and updates via text and hashtags.

Tik Tok is video sharing in a Twitter type way i.e. shorter format videos.

Which country you're in also matters as social apps have different reaches in different countries. E.g. Instagram is massive in the US and India, and less so in the UK.

If your monetizing content then each offers different models.

And from your perspective there is no difference. I don't use social media but it's all about convenience. If people are asking if you have Snapchat then it's the most convenient for them as they might have videos and photos already uploaded on there perhaps?

I don't use any of these apps but the social media bods at work reveal their campaigns and the results, which kinda interesting (for them).

over a year ago

I don’t have it either. Nor Kik. If I don’t like or trust someone enough to have my number ... then they’re not having my number.

over a year ago

Never used it…am I missing out

By *llovereveryMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"Never used it…am I missing out "

NO

over a year ago

"Never used it…am I missing out

NO "

Glad to hear it because I don’t like to miss out

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/02/22 14:55:29]

over a year ago

NO

Glad to hear it because I don’t like to miss out "

Only if you don’t mind taking the risk that a lady profile you have been flirting with is actually a big hairy bloke with a hard on. Otherwise snap can confirm

over a year ago

NO

Glad to hear it because I don’t like to miss out

Only if you don’t mind taking the risk that a lady profile you have been flirting with is actually a big hairy bloke with a hard on. Otherwise snap can confirm "

That made me laugh

By *rRaz95Man
over a year ago

Luton

Can ive got ur kik?

By *eamtab00Couple
over a year ago

doncaster

Best not let the wife on there then ?? she'd have a field day with all the young lads

By *ouplemeet39Couple
over a year ago

kent

On snap chat if anyone interested

over a year ago

I like it as use it with my neice and nephew and have a laugh .I dont do it with anyone else .if I want dick pics ,I come on here ...

By *ouplemeet39Couple
over a year ago

kent

Anyone on snap now

over a year ago

Snap me inbox me

over a year ago

I've had some very interesting chats with the rando quick ads, I however bother with them anymore, it got tiresome lol

By *estrideyetMan
over a year ago

Aspatria

My snap is message name and face picture mrtt312

By *-5678Man
over a year ago

Lake district

Like using the word cheugy over 16! You watch too much tik-tok