Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Swingers marriages

Jump to newest

By *rhuges OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

I wonder what the statistics are on divorce for swingers marriages.

Are they better or worse than conventional marriages

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well given the majority of "closed" couples cheat on each other and we don't need to I'm guessing lower than average divorce rates xx

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

[Removed by poster at 30/11/21 15:07:26]

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"I wonder what the statistics are on divorce for swingers marriages.

Are they better or worse than conventional marriages"

As in married couples who got in to swinging or swingers who got married?

Either way sounds like a good research topic for Sydney University

over a year ago

"Well given the majority of "closed" couples cheat on each other and we don't need to I'm guessing lower than average divorce rates xx"

I’ve met a lady off a couples account on here without her hubby knowing before now, so I know for a fact that’s not always necessarily true

People will cheat from all walks of life but maybe you’re right the need to cheat is less if you already have a hall pass to do so

over a year ago

"Well given the majority of "closed" couples cheat on each other and we don't need to I'm guessing lower than average divorce rates xx

I’ve met a lady off a couples account on here without her hubby knowing before now, so I know for a fact that’s not always necessarily true

People will cheat from all walks of life but maybe you’re right the need to cheat is less if you already have a hall pass to do so "

Fair point, I've seen plenty of cheaters in "open" relationships too. But I guess if the relationship is truly open then it doesn't matter? Xx

over a year ago

I keep getting told it high. But I don’t fact check that shit because I’d rather concentrate on myself and my feeling with my relationship

over a year ago

Doesn't matter what dynamics your relationship has, if your built to cheat you will do. Morals don't change just because your relationship is open.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I reckon the stats will be the same.

A lot of people think swingers are better at relationships but I don't think they are.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Also infidelity isn't the only reason people divorce.

over a year ago

"I reckon the stats will be the same.

A lot of people think swingers are better at relationships but I don't think they are."

A lot of of people seem to think a lot of stuff, and it normally turns out completely incorrect.

Someone once said ‘ people tend to believe the person in the room that talks as if they know what they are talking about, rather than the person with the facts who is telling the truth.

I’ve noticed this a lot.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I reckon the stats will be the same.

A lot of people think swingers are better at relationships but I don't think they are.

A lot of of people seem to think a lot of stuff, and it normally turns out completely incorrect.

Someone once said ‘ people tend to believe the person in the room that talks as if they know what they are talking about, rather than the person with the facts who is telling the truth.

I’ve noticed this a lot. "

Yeah, that's what's got us in this mess

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I’d say it was irrelevant whether you swung or not.

I know for us, we feel we are as open with each other as we’ve ever been able to because of being on here but I couldn’t say with certainty that that’s the case for all couples.

Plus there’s so many dynamics on here…so it’s not the same mentality for all couples.

K

over a year ago

"Also infidelity isn't the only reason people divorce. "

exactly!

Conversely having different sex drives is not necessarily a reason (on it’s own) to seek a divorce if everything else is perfect in a marriage (this is more for the “why don’t cheaters just divorce if they’re not getting any at home” people)

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Also plenty of “swinging couples” who want to meet without telling the other one. So probably not much different in answer to your question

By *enj08475Man
over a year ago

brighton

Do you have regrets then, would you turn back the clock if you could?

Post new Message to Thread