Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Walk a mile in my shoe

Jump to newest

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

Read news online and an ex royal marine that lost part of his leg as lost his DLA payment because he has adapted so well. If ever there was a need for common sense. The interviewer really need to walk a mile just for a while to understand just a fraction of what that man goes though.

Rant almost over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I fear this rant will never be over. I'm off out to have my own face to face ranting on similar issues.

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Interviewer or assessor? I suspect we're talking ATOS here, those wonderful friends and sponsors of the paralympics

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My son had cancer, and was undergoing treatment, but because he could bend over and walk more than 20 yards was deemed fit to work. System is crap, those that need dont get, and lazy gits that can work but frain illness get...... And breathe, rant over

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

ATOS do DWP bidding and if you believe them work within the guidelines set out. Shame they are not so strict with the bad back brigade( sorry to all that do have legit back conditions), seem to always go for what they consider easy targets. DWP are looking into all cases involving service personnel now, go figure that.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

about a dozen doctors working for ATOS are being investigated by the BMA says it all really

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"about a dozen doctors working for ATOS are being investigated by the BMA says it all really"

I know that a lot are nurses that work for agencies with little or no knowledge of conditions they are commenting on

over a year ago

it's a case of 'computer says no' isn't it?

Wolf

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"it's a case of 'computer says no' isn't it?

Wolf

"

Well the computer is so wrong. The bloke has enough to deal without more crap. Discharged from the marine's because of his disability.

over a year ago

Wolf

Well the computer is so wrong. The bloke has enough to deal without more crap. Discharged from the marine's because of his disability. "

It was never right in the first place, was it really...

Wolf

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

Wolf

Well the computer is so wrong. The bloke has enough to deal without more crap. Discharged from the marine's because of his disability.

It was never right in the first place, was it really...

Wolf

"

You are right, I feel ashamed that a branch of a government that is in power in my country can treat a service man or woman in this manner. Before you say not bothered which party is in power as I'm sure labour did similar, just feel strongly that it is so wrong

over a year ago

A have a friend whose mum suffers from severely bad rheumatoid arthritis to the degree that her fingers hands and arms now claw towards her body n she has no upper body mobility anymore she's had to give up her car n indepence, so my friend literally does everything for her n she's been deemed fit to work by ATOS assessors - it's sickening in these genuine cases they should focus more on the piss taking back back n depression brigade!

over a year ago

"My son had cancer, and was undergoing treatment, but because he could bend over and walk more than 20 yards was deemed fit to work. System is crap, those that need dont get, and lazy gits that can work but frain illness get...... And breathe, rant over"
yep, an honest, hardworking citizen finds it hard to be able to state how useless they are but a lazy scrounger has no problems with inventing it. The assessors are daft.

over a year ago

"about a dozen doctors working for ATOS are being investigated by the BMA says it all really"

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"My son had cancer, and was undergoing treatment, but because he could bend over and walk more than 20 yards was deemed fit to work. System is crap, those that need dont get, and lazy gits that can work but frain illness get...... And breathe, rant over yep, an honest, hardworking citizen finds it hard to be able to state how useless they are but a lazy scrounger has no problems with inventing it. The assessors are daft."

The difference being they know how to use the system and people that have worked all their lives do not

over a year ago

"My son had cancer, and was undergoing treatment, but because he could bend over and walk more than 20 yards was deemed fit to work. System is crap, those that need dont get, and lazy gits that can work but frain illness get...... And breathe, rant over yep, an honest, hardworking citizen finds it hard to be able to state how useless they are but a lazy scrounger has no problems with inventing it. The assessors are daft.

The difference being they know how to use the system and people that have worked all their lives do not "

over a year ago

"My son had cancer, and was undergoing treatment, but because he could bend over and walk more than 20 yards was deemed fit to work. System is crap, those that need dont get, and lazy gits that can work but frain illness get...... And breathe, rant over yep, an honest, hardworking citizen finds it hard to be able to state how useless they are but a lazy scrounger has no problems with inventing it. The assessors are daft.

The difference being they know how to use the system and people that have worked all their lives do not "

and can not as they have ethics.

over a year ago

The ATOS assessors are paid £500 for each medical they conduct and £1,000.00 per person they decline for future benefits - I am not going to say anymore co's once started I would still be typing next week

over a year ago

"The ATOS assessors are paid £500 for each medical they conduct and £1,000.00 per person they decline for future benefits - I am not going to say anymore co's once started I would still be typing next week "

over a year ago

It pisses me off when you see people flying around in those chariots of doom, knowing there is fuck all wrong with the people.piloting them.

Our lads and lasses in the forces who come home injured, put themselves in harms way to protect us and get treated like shit!

The powers that be should throw the fake benefit grabbers into a boot camp or minimum, community service.

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"It pisses me off when you see people flying around in those chariots of doom, knowing there is fuck all wrong with the people.piloting them.

Our lads and lasses in the forces who come home injured, put themselves in harms way to protect us and get treated like shit!

The powers that be should throw the fake benefit grabbers into a boot camp or minimum, community service."

Most of the governments of late have tried and failed

over a year ago

If I understand it correctly, the CEO of ATOS was kicked out of an American medical insurance provider for putting together a computer 'assessment' program which was blatantly anti-disabled. That company is being investigated in the U.S.

He got the job at ATOS, allegedly, because he could bring the same program here....

Hope ANY medical 'professional' which has had anything to do with it gets the book thrown at them..

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"If I understand it correctly, the CEO of ATOS was kicked out of an American medical insurance provider for putting together a computer 'assessment' program which was blatantly anti-disabled. That company is being investigated in the U.S.

He got the job at ATOS, allegedly, because he could bring the same program here....

Hope ANY medical 'professional' which has had anything to do with it gets the book thrown at them..

"

Book wouldn't hurt him, sure someone would throw there artificial limb

over a year ago

"If I understand it correctly, the CEO of ATOS was kicked out of an American medical insurance provider for putting together a computer 'assessment' program which was blatantly anti-disabled. That company is being investigated in the U.S.

Book wouldn't hurt him, sure someone would throw there artificial limb"

Think there may be a confiscated internees stainless steel hook from an american gulag going begging that someone could chuck at him

Wolf

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

Book wouldn't hurt him, sure someone would throw there artificial limb

Think there may be a confiscated internees stainless steel hook from an american gulag going begging that someone could chuck at him

Wolf

"

Now that made me smile

Post new Message to Thread