Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

just airing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Came home after visiting yet another secondary school to find my front door open and being the woman i am i got a huge plank of wood from garden and told my son to get in the car with my mate and her son. I then started to shout into the house and scared the shit outta my son.

Before you lecture me it was instinct Protect my son and then check the house.This happened once before last year and nothing was taken to. The locks weren't tampered with and nowt taken again. I think I know who it was but have no proof.

Looks like i have to change my locks. Its taken my son over an hour to calm down and he is in my bed. It's times like tonight i wish i had a fella so i wouldn't need to deal with things on my own.

Finished airing now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Came home after visiting yet another secondary school to find my front door open and being the woman i am i got a huge plank of wood from garden and told my son to get in the car with my mate and her son. I then started to shout into the house and scared the shit outta my son.

Before you lecture me it was instinct Protect my son and then check the house.This happened once before last year and nothing was taken to. The locks weren't tampered with and nowt taken again. I think I know who it was but have no proof.

Looks like i have to change my locks. Its taken my son over an hour to calm down and he is in my bed. It's times like tonight i wish i had a fella so i wouldn't need to deal with things on my own.

Finished airing now "

Have you reported this to the Police?

over a year ago

No point as have no proof.

All the crap my ex put me through and i had proof then but they didnt do anything babe, just need to get locks changed.

over a year ago

But what if the ante is upped next time? You have a right to feel safe in your own home.

over a year ago

Change the locks. It's a bit of expense but it makes a big difference and it will make you feel safer. Hope your son's ok and you sleep ok tonight. Night time can be freaky.

You should call the police anyway so they have it on record. They would advise for you to get your locks changed anyway. And if he tries to get in again they have record of what happened this time. xx

over a year ago

yes you would think that even as a single mother but my had so much proof before on what my ex had done witnesses extra and he still never got arrested

its been 10 years now he has his own family but he cant let go

every now and again something will happen and its gut feeling and my gut says it was him

over a year ago

yes maybe i should call them and start a new process and start to keep records again

it cant be added to his previous antics as he always leaves 6 mths to a year before contact

right gonna call police now thanx

over a year ago

police coming friday at 11am not that they can do anything but who knows

thanx xx

over a year ago

They can put a note on the police computer so that if you call it will show up. My friend had a similar problem and one night she called 999 because he was kicking off and about 6 policemen turned up. They took it very seriously. Good luck! xx

over a year ago

thanx scarlet well it will be logged with the other 10yrs worth of other events

thanx babe x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

How did he get a key to your house?

over a year ago

Set up PC webcam to monitor front door when out ? a very cheap option if it is possible then you will have all the proof you need.

over a year ago

last year he came to my house and I think he took them then or made a copy as this has happened twice and the same thing happened

i didnt change the locks the but i did call police so thats why i think it was him

it has never happened before as i have always been careful im one for locking myself out but never leaving door open

now i think its time to as it will happen again as this is the kind of stuff he does

scare tactics

over a year ago

thank you but i think i will just change locks first and hopefully that will be the end of that as he will never be allowed back in the house

over a year ago

If you have reported it to the police and have a crime reference number you may be able to get your house insurance to pay for the lock change.

over a year ago

thanx scarlet x

over a year ago

get a couple of dummy cctv camera from your pound shop, we live next door to the jeremy kyle brigade loud music drinking till god knows on sunny days in the garden, dont have any of this now after we made a point of installing them while they were all in the garden there good as gold now best two quid weve ever spent

over a year ago

For under £20 you can buy a motion-sensor camera in many guises. They have built-in SD cards and are quite effective.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"For under £20 you can buy a motion-sensor camera in many guises. They have built-in SD cards and are quite effective."

Glad to see someone with sense the camera hardly ever lies

Post new Message to Thread