Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

An emotional day!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good job I don't have many days like this, and when I do, I usually bounce back quite quickly!

Today, I have made the decision to "retire" my car, the one I had from new back in Feb 2002, with a custom paint job that made her unique for her kind at the time.

She is costing way too much to maintain, even the staff at the garage have hinted heavily that it will not be wise to pour anymore money into fixing her up after her latest breakdown.

She has been there for me for the past 10+ years, one of few rocks and constants that I have relied on to perk me up whenever I was low.

Via a car club, she led me to my late partner, and we had a few very happy years together, with our respective his and her cars!

Unfortunately, she has become too unreliable and expensive to maintain, and it is time to call it a day after nearly 170k+ miles.

I had a little cry after having accepted the inevitable.

I shan't get another car of the same brand just yet, as it will too upsetting to do so.

And I shan't get emotionally attached to another car again!

Onwards and upwards they say.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

awwwwww its hard when something that as such strong emotional ties has to leave our lives....to some it may be just a car but to you it means much more x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

SAVE THE CAR stick it in the garden or something..

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Silly I know, however, at one stage I weighed up whether to keep her going by parting with the dog.

The dog won!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can empathise.... my youngest child was born in my car and it broke my heart when.i had to.part ex her for something bigger xxx

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Wow pearl, what car is it?

Post new Message to Thread