Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Claggy's speech

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Hmmm...

One good line (you need yellow to make blue turn to green) but the rest was very bland.

Nothing to say? Not ready to admit the conversations going on with Labour?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Paddy in charge of the next election campaign but surely he can't save the broken promise party people?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They all sound the same to me .send me to sleep zzzzzz

over a year ago

Clegg - and his party while he's still in charge of it - are finished in politics for the foreseeable future. The young don't trust him as they have seen how easily he breaks a pledge made specifically to them. He knows he faces oblivion the next time he stands for election but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he moves from Hallam to a safer Liberal seat.

At least it now leaves British politics firmly in the domain of a two-party scrap for power every five years.

over a year ago

"Clegg - and his party while he's still in charge of it - are finished in politics for the foreseeable future. The young don't trust him as they have seen how easily he breaks a pledge made specifically to them. He knows he faces oblivion the next time he stands for election but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he moves from Hallam to a safer Liberal seat.

At least it now leaves British politics firmly in the domain of a two-party scrap for power every five years."

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"Clegg - and his party while he's still in charge of it - are finished in politics for the foreseeable future. The young don't trust him as they have seen how easily he breaks a pledge made specifically to them. He knows he faces oblivion the next time he stands for election but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he moves from Hallam to a safer Liberal seat.

At least it now leaves British politics firmly in the domain of a two-party scrap for power every five years."

That's twice I have agreed with you Wishy..just going to check my temperature..lol

over a year ago

the man is completely deluded .theres nothing else to be said

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

Think its a shame that the Lib/dems have blown their opportunity. I don't particularly agree with their policies but think the country really needs a viable third party

over a year ago

"Think its a shame that the Lib/dems have blown their opportunity. I don't particularly agree with their policies but think the country really needs a viable third party"

I agree with that sentiment. The Lib Dems are negotiating with Labour for the next coalition. I think that most people won't want to see another coalition next time around and it will be a straight scrap betweeen red and blue.

By *andyguy59Man
over a year ago

Gatwick

"One good line (you need yellow to make blue turn to green) but the rest was very bland"

Summed up the speech and the party I think....

We either need a viable third party and the LD's have blown their chance....Or a completely new way of governing the country as from a voting point of view it really doesn't matter who you vote for. in the main the people at the top of every party are mainly concerned with pushing short term policies to improve their own self image. Rather than provide at the long term policies needed to ensure the country runs effectively in the next 20 to 30 years not just the next 4 or 5 years.

Post new Message to Thread