Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Krispy Kreme.....

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Doughnuts.........

okay... my favourite favourite thing from american in the world has finally made it up to the north east!!!

(other than a chick-fil-a chicken sandwich and that is never going to happen)

Anyway I was trying to describe to my friends up here what it was like... and that best description I came up with was the food version of "crack cocaine" in the way that you just need it and the buzz you get just sends you on the ultimate high....

anyway... so.... question time...

what is your version of food "heaven"... or addiction... you just know need!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My answer ties in well with the why are you fat thread

I fucking love fried chicken....

over a year ago

My son has just started to work for them and was on about a new salted caramel one. Looking forward to my next visit to try it out and all for free yum

over a year ago

Has to be a very very rare cooked fillet steak you just can't beat it

over a year ago

Scotch eggs with mustard

over a year ago

Lemon meringue ones rock

over a year ago

"Doughnuts.........

okay... my favourite favourite thing from american in the world has finally made it up to the north east!!!

Anyway I was trying to describe to my friends up here what it was like... and that best description I came up with was the food version of "crack cocaine" in the way that you just need it and the buzz you get just sends you on the ultimate high....

what is your version of food "heaven"... or addiction... you just know need!! "

whats crack cocaine

over a year ago

My friend does a nacho recipe, with cream cream, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning and grated cheese on top. It's heaven

over a year ago

My friend does a nacho recipe, with cream cream, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning and grated cheese on top. It's heaven

over a year ago

OMG these are my BIG down fall.

Could eat a whole box.

They have to be the ones with cream in.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I only tried these quite recently.... thought I had died and gone to heaven.

over a year ago

had krispy kreme here for a while only tried it once but cant complain. the doughnuts literally melt in ur mouth

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

knickerbockerglory

just like the old days, no chocolate sauce tho...

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Lemon meringue ones rock "
+ 1 had one in liverpool sunday

over a year ago

A penguin

over a year ago

"Doughnuts.........

Someone bought a box of these things into the site I was working on a couple of weeks ago.

Scrummy doesn't even come close to describing them. After my fourth one I had to tell the selfish bastard not to bring any in again as I could feel my waistline expanding as I ate them.

over a year ago

omg,sooo worth waiting in the 20 minute queue for

By *eaboMan
over a year ago

marden

krispy kreme ARE heaven. There is a place in london where you can watch them being made through perspex screens and then buy and eat them. It's my favourite place. And the salted caramel.... Mmmmmmmmmm.

over a year ago

i tried a twinkie in america and loved them,also oreo cookies and then they came out over here and so did pop tarts.

love it when food from america comes over here and just need a Taco Bell to pop up,i think therer was one in London but its too far for a soft chicken taco with cheese

over a year ago

Mmmm lindor balls..... Raaaa!! Heaven!! I tried to convince IE to have a sole diet of just them, then I can have my 2 fav things at the same time.... The flavour of the choc coming from his coc* mmm lol xx

over a year ago

At Christmas time, the German market comes to soton... They have loads of stalls cooking up fresh treats... Love it!!!

over a year ago

"At Christmas time, the German market comes to soton... They have loads of stalls cooking up fresh treats... Love it!!!"

It comes to Kingston too. Nothing like Blueberry muled wine while taking in the smells

over a year ago

"

It comes to Kingston too. Nothing like Blueberry muled wine while taking in the smells"

fresh crepes mmmm lol. Banana n choc ... Sheeesh, this is not helping my sweet tooth!! Pork, sage apple jumbo sausages - yummmm!!

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

Theres a KK outlet in our town, it takes a lot of will power to walk straight past it

over a year ago

I'm with the OP their doughnuts are heaven n my sis works at the one in meadowhall so I always blah a freebie when she's on shift mmmmm

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just ended up doing a doughnut run.... 24 for 15 quid.... bargin!!!

metrocentre wishy!!!! lol

now... i have no intention of eating then all... honest.... i am going to be good and take them into work tomorrow...

By *eaboMan
over a year ago

marden

got any left?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think my waistline increased just reading this thread. I resisted Krispy Kreme for many years and then gave in to the lemon meringue one. Evil, evil, evil American import. I add in extra K to their name as a way of trying to avoid them.

I prefer Tim Horton dutchies, especially as it costs so much to go to Canada to get them.

over a year ago

for me its ice cream

not the cheap stuff tho, has to be ben and jerry's or such like

I dont really have a sweet tooth and dont each a great deal of cakes, chololate etc but i love good ice cream

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"i tried a twinkie in america and loved them,also oreo cookies and then they came out over here and so did pop tarts.

love it when food from america comes over here and just need a Taco Bell to pop up,i think therer was one in London but its too far for a soft chicken taco with cheese "

There is about 4 Taco-Bell within 30 minutes down here. I love the place. But Krispy Kreme is heaven. I also love the place where I can watch them being made, and eat them fresh.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"krispy kreme ARE heaven. There is a place in london where you can watch them being made through perspex screens and then buy and eat them. It's my favourite place. And the salted caramel.... Mmmmmmmmmm. "

thats exactly what we have at out store, where you can see them all being made.... i had to have a sit down... lol

had one or two .. they were devine... lol

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Reading through these posts had made me wonder if the name refers to something other than doughnuts now? Or is the addition of salted caramel indicative of the main kreme ingredient?

over a year ago

Ive never ever had one.. wouldn't know where to buy one from

over a year ago

Krispy Kreme 'donuts' (it's DOUGHNUTS - bloody Americans!!!) don't do it for me at all...

Gimme a plate of Fruits de Mer (specially with the Med as a back drop) and I'll be nursing a semi faster than you can say 'fancy a shag?'......

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Ive never ever had one.. wouldn't know where to buy one from"

Some WH Smiths have them in a cabinet. You can't move in London without bumping into a Krispy Kreme - they even offer to deliver them to offices.

over a year ago

just checked online my nearest 'cabinet' is at Exeter services 36 miles away

nearest store is 113 miles away at Bristol

think i'll stick to ones from my local bakery if i ever fancy a raspberry doughnut lol

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Ive never ever had one.. wouldn't know where to buy one from

just checked online my nearest 'cabinet' is at Exeter services 36 miles away

nearest store is 113 miles away at Bristol

think i'll stick to ones from my local bakery if i ever fancy a raspberry doughnut lol"

That's best. Getting a KK(k) habit is not to be encouraged. I'm not even sure I have ever seen a raspberry one.

over a year ago

You only have to look at the calorific content of these things to understand why the US has such a major problem with obesity. All their products are in the 250-400 calories per unit range.

over a year ago

"i tried a twinkie in america and loved them,also oreo cookies and then they came out over here and so did pop tarts.

love it when food from america comes over here and just need a Taco Bell to pop up,i think therer was one in London but its too far for a soft chicken taco with cheese There is about 4 Taco-Bell within 30 minutes down here. I love the place. But Krispy Kreme is heaven. I also love the place where I can watch them being made, and eat them fresh."

next time your passing Funky please have one for me

over a year ago

i feel like im missing out on something epic here...

ive never had a Nando's, Krispy Kreme or been to a 'lush' shop..

oh id never heard of a Netto's either til i visited my mum or had been to an IKEA

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"i feel like im missing out on something epic here...

ive never had a Nando's, Krispy Kreme or been to a 'lush' shop..

oh id never heard of a Netto's either til i visited my mum or had been to an IKEA "

You are truly blessed. Do not wish for these things for they will appear and ruin your idyll.

over a year ago

ive never had a Nando's, "

Believe me, you ain't missed anything! How to make chicken inedible and overpriced is what the name Nandos means to me..... yuk!

over a year ago

ive never had a Nando's,

Believe me, you ain't missed anything! How to make chicken inedible and overpriced is what the name Nandos means to me..... yuk!"

+1

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"You only have to look at the calorific content of these things to understand why the US has such a major problem with obesity. All their products are in the 250-400 calories per unit range."

thats just being a spoil sport......

obviously not advocating having 24 in one sitting... but whatever happened to just treating yourself??

over a year ago

love it when food from america comes over here and just need a Taco Bell to pop up,i think therer was one in London but its too far for a soft chicken taco with cheese There is about 4 Taco-Bell within 30 minutes down here. I love the place. But Krispy Kreme is heaven. I also love the place where I can watch them being made, and eat them fresh."

Tacos Bell was my fav place to eat when I did road trips in the USA

over a year ago

I went with a friend to our nearest kk was a 60 mile round trip, we spent £45 on donuts, an expensive outing but oh so worth it for the ones with pieces of fudge on top! Yum yum pigs bum

over a year ago

Some Tesco stores have them too. I love them...like the normal glazed ones, but my favourite has to be the Boston Creme (or the Custard Filled Chocolate Iced as it's called over here!), it's lush.

Have had a very indulgent treat this evening though after shopping...Banana and Nutella Milkshake. Bliss!

over a year ago

"You only have to look at the calorific content of these things to understand why the US has such a major problem with obesity. All their products are in the 250-400 calories per unit range.

thats just being a spoil sport......

obviously not advocating having 24 in one sitting... but whatever happened to just treating yourself??"

Why oh why did you have to start this thread

Fabio how can you sit there with a box of 24?

Bring them here let me have a taste

They will be stale by tomorrow

You only need to take the box with crumbs in.... tell them you were mugged on the way to work xxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/12 21:30:58]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/12 21:31:23]

over a year ago

There are too many food heaven moments that I can think of, and it would be very difficult to single out just one type of food.

over a year ago

Love Krispy Kreme, a friend once described them as being 'second only to cock'. I'm inclined to agree!

over a year ago

"Love Krispy Kreme, a friend once described them as being 'second only to cock'. I'm inclined to agree! "

Funny, cos that's how I feel about Fruits de Mer in relation to pussy......

over a year ago

"Doughnuts.........

"

You don't have Krispy Kremes up there? Fuck me no wonder they say it is grim up north!

over a year ago

A meet bought me one a while ago cos I had never heard of them or had one either lol - but I prefer cupcakes lol !!!!

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

taking a box of 12 into work today as a lot of my collegues have never tried them... be nice to see the reactions....

over a year ago

"

Fried Milk .....

over a year ago

Caramel doughnuts filled with custard mmmmm they just so dam good!

over a year ago

"

Fried Milk ..... "

Eh! Tell me more?

over a year ago

Chi Chi's taco salad mmmmm and Popeye's chicken n biscuits wish could get em over here yummmmmy

over a year ago

"

Fried Milk .....

Eh! Tell me more? "

The concept of fried milk may sound unusual to many, but it is actually a dish served in many areas of the world, including China, India, Spain and Italy. Some versions are sweet and others are savory, but most of them consist of breaded custard fried in oil. The result is a crisp outer coating with a smooth, velvety inside

Step 1

Whisk together ¾ cup of cornstarch and ½ cup of white sugar in a large mixing bowl. Pour in three egg yolks and one whole egg, whisking until everything is smooth.

Step 2

Add 3 cups of whole milk to a saucepan over medium heat and let it warm until bubbles start to form around the edges.

Step 3

Remove the milk from the heat and whisk it into the egg mixture gradually, 1 cup at a time. Continue to whisk until it is about the same thickness as mayonnaise.

Step 4

Scrape the custard out of the bowl with a rubber spatula, into an oiled, 8-by-11-inch baking dish. Spread it around the dish until it's even and smooth on the top.

Step 5

Place the custard into the fridge for at least three hours, up to overnight so it sets up firmly. Cut the custard into brownie-sized squares or rectangles and set them on a plate carefully.

Step 6

Heat 1 or 2 inches of vegetable oil to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.

Step 7

Beat three eggs in a shallow dish and place 2 cups of breadcrumbs in a second dish.

Step 8

Coat a custard square with beaten egg, then place it in the breadcrumbs until it is completely coated and dry.

Step 9

Add the custard square to the oil and fry it for one to two minutes, until it is golden on both sides.

Step !0

Drain on kitchen paper... sprinkle with sugar or salt....enjoy!

over a year ago

Absolute favourite when I visit north Corfu is a Gyros, absolutely gorgeous - similar to a kebab, but the meat and bread are far superior to the gritty stuff we get here.

Seafood - mainly shellfish - love love love it.

Never had a KK, but watched an American programme called 'You Gotta Eat Here', the guy went to jelly modern doughnut shop where they put their own spin on toppings. One was maple syrup with bacon, honey and ale dipped topped with sugarpuffs! They also made doughnut sandwiches, with the most tempting combinations! yummy

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Fried Milk ..... "

Just read the recipe.

If I make a cake (variety of your choosing) can I come to tea and stuff myself silly?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I've just had a yum yum and am gonna sue them under the trades description act as it certainly wasn't yummy!!!!

over a year ago

"

Fried Milk .....

Just read the recipe.

If I make a cake (variety of your choosing) can I come to tea and stuff myself silly? "

Oo’er,,,, yeah…… You bring a Coffee n’ Walnut layer cake and I’ll supply a pot of Earl-Grey and some Frangipane tarts and we’ll scoff the bloom’in lot……

But don’t tell my old mate View,,,,

after-all, he is Fabs Queen fairy-cake maker and he might get a tincy-wincy bit jealous about not getting an invite too...

over a year ago

mmmmmm nom nom KK doughnuts although cinnabon come a close second although you feel extremely sicky after eating a full size original one

Post new Message to Thread