Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why are you fat?

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Adult debate please. I have been plucking up the courage to post this for a day or so and I didn't want to hijack the fat comments thread.

I do use the word fat. I know why I am fat, and I know how emotive an issue it is. I also know explaining why to the body fascists is pointless.

Do you know why you are fat?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I do!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

yes

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes i know why i am fat.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Yep - greedy and lazy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is simply because pizza, curry and wine are so very delicious, and i am allergic to excercise! Also, and in all seriousness past emotional issues have led me to this point, namely a mentally abusive ex and his fun poking and general bastardism x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for the quick responses.

Did it take you time to realise why and/or can you pinpoint when it happened?

I know what started it for me but looking back I can see where I made the choice to be fat.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is simply because pizza, curry and wine are so very delicious, and i am allergic to excercise! Also, and in all seriousness past emotional issues have led me to this point, namely a mentally abusive ex and his fun poking and general bastardism x"

Thank you. The emotional issues carry more calories than anything else.

Reply privately

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I eat too much, drink far too much and dont take enough exersise... thats probably why.

Reply privately

over a year ago

it took me years to realise, and i can pinpoint exactly to the day when it started, and its taken another 15 years or so to get to the bottom of it...now if only i could get to my bottom, but i cant reach cos im too fat hehe

Reply privately

over a year ago

cos too much is put on my plate and I was always brought up to believe u eat wots in front of u ............ lol and whilst a lot of people will not believe this - I am happy as I am

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cos too much is put on my plate and I was always brought up to believe u eat wots in front of u ............ lol and whilst a lot of people will not believe this - I am happy as I am "

Good for you. I was miserable when I was a size 8 and 10 and 12. Now when I am miserable I can at least seek solace in chcolate.

Reply privately

By *ursevampsWoman
over a year ago

bucks

well for me it hit soon after puberty actually i used to be a really skinny kid growing up but was a fat baby that all stemmed from a abusive father who used to feed me weatabix in my bottles to shut me up when i was a baby so he got extra sleep in bed etc we lead a real healthy life growing up always out on street till late at night playing in the square etc we were always off up the stream etc i had a lot of health issues after then from delveoping asthma making it harder for me to exercise but what i could do i did then well teenage girls and pmt + carbohydrates + bad

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I lost two stones in six days on a walking holiday to Marrakech eating fresh, healthy food and drinking nothing but water.

The first thing I bought in the duty free was a brick size bar of chocolate that I devoured in the cab home.

I enjoy eating junk. I don't have a bastard ex, I don't have money issues, I'm not depressed, I'm not lonely - I just need to move more if I'm going to indulge in junk.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What fat lol no its because I have enjoyed my food and lack of exercise for far too long. I enjoy my life and a little tipple at the weekend x

I think I have that body complex thing I look in the mirror and like what I see.

I have been on sw since beginning of January and lost over 3 stone so far got my two year plan x Not doing it for vanity but for my health x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cos too much is put on my plate and I was always brought up to believe u eat wots in front of u ............ lol and whilst a lot of people will not believe this - I am happy as I am

Good for you. I was miserable when I was a size 8 and 10 and 12. Now when I am miserable I can at least seek solace in chcolate."

I worked out a long time ago that others are more bothered by my weight than me - and then worked out guys don't always like skinny gals - there are plenty that like cuddly and curvy

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes because I like my food and dislike exercise!

Been a long battle over many years to lose weight and keep it off.

What did it for me was looking at photos from my daughter's birthday and asking Mr B, do I really look like that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"well for me it hit soon after puberty actually i used to be a really skinny kid growing up but was a fat baby that all stemmed from a abusive father who used to feed me weatabix in my bottles to shut me up when i was a baby so he got extra sleep in bed etc we lead a real healthy life growing up always out on street till late at night playing in the square etc we were always off up the stream etc i had a lot of health issues after then from delveoping asthma making it harder for me to exercise but what i could do i did then well teenage girls and pmt + carbohydrates + bad

"

Puberty does seem to be a make or break time for a lot of young women. It seems the menarchy starts something psychological as well as a phsyiological. I have noticed that many women I know return to a slimmer version of themselves after the menopause.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, I know why I am fat, (about 4 stone overweight).

It happened gradually in my case, over several years, but staying fat is an almost subconscious decision based on a psychological issue.

I've addressed it and lost the weight a few times but I've not been able to maintain it because deep down I am not comfortable being slim.

Consciously I want to be slim, and I feel better when I am, but there's a much stronger force I've not been able to deal with yet.

I've committed to losing at least 3 stone by my next birthday (mid 2013) so it's something I'm giving a lot of thought to at the moment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I used to be a lot bigger than i am now

Reason is i hid behind food, i was in a unhappy marrage and i didnt feel my life was worth anything, so used to eat as i felt i had no reason to look nice and food made me feel better for those few minutes of eating

When i split from my ex i went on a diet and lost 9 stone. i went from a size 22 to a size 10/12, i have since put a little back on and gone upto a size 14 as i feel better at this size and tho im not perfect im happier with that little bit of weight back on

I was fat because i ate to much simple as, what you have to ask yourself if your not happy with your weight is why are you eating to much, theres usually a underlined reason and very few people over eat because they are greedy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cos too much is put on my plate and I was always brought up to believe u eat wots in front of u ............ lol and whilst a lot of people will not believe this - I am happy as I am "

Same here!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat because I eat the wrong things and too much, and I don't exercise due to my general lack of motivation.

I've lost a stone over the past 2 and a half months and I want to keep that up.

My boyfriend told me off today for saying something about me being fat. He said I was putting myself down! I told him I wasn't, I was being honest with myself. I know and accept I'm overweight, in fact, I'm technically obese, and therefore I dress appropriately and have no shame in discussing my weight with people.

I'll probably get backlash for this, but please don't think it's a sweeping generalization. Some people don't seem to realise just how big they are. People around them sugar coat (no pun intended) the truth and they wear clothes too small for them or not appropriate. I think we'd have less of an obesity problem if people were actually a lot more honest! (rant over )

Reply privately

over a year ago

Plus being slim would be a lifelong battle for me, and I just don't want it to rule my life as I've seen with some people

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Yes I eat the wrong foods drink wine and do little exercise.

Since I started swimming I lost 5kg so its clear exercise helps.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes because I like my food and dislike exercise!

What did it for me was looking at photos from my daughter's birthday and asking Mr B, do I really look like that? "

You did it because you didn't like what you saw not because other people didn't like what they saw. That is positive.

I must admit that if I know I will have professional photos taken that will live out there on the interweb forever I do abstain from carbs the night before.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're all still beautiful though...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was a skinny kid. I filled out and grew the boobs when I hit puberty but I was slim until my late 20's.

I've been slim, for periods of up to a year a few times since then but I never maintain it longer than that.

There are lots of contributing factors but one deep underlying reason.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You're all still beautiful though..."

thank u xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

What did it for me was looking at photos from my daughter's birthday and asking Mr B, do I really look like that? "

im the same, it is a battle and i fight it daily, its been 4 years since i lost my weight and ive fought it ever since, i have slipped and gained a dress size a few times but always pull it back and get it off, but im determined im never getting as big as i was again, and ive gone to some extream measures to stand by that

Reply privately

By *ursevampsWoman
over a year ago

bucks

im fat i accept that i do have litle indugancies but i do happen to eat well good food such as sweet potato mash and roasted bacon coating in mustard and hunny sauce with steamed veggies yummy i love soups etc no i dont over eat in fact i dont eat enough apparently but im still big genetics my doc recons

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm fat because I eat the wrong things and too much, and I don't exercise due to my general lack of motivation.

I've lost a stone over the past 2 and a half months and I want to keep that up.

My boyfriend told me off today for saying something about me being fat. He said I was putting myself down! I told him I wasn't, I was being honest with myself. I know and accept I'm overweight, in fact, I'm technically obese, and therefore I dress appropriately and have no shame in discussing my weight with people.

I'll probably get backlash for this, but please don't think it's a sweeping generalization. Some people don't seem to realise just how big they are. People around them sugar coat (no pun intended) the truth and they wear clothes too small for them or not appropriate. I think we'd have less of an obesity problem if people were actually a lot more honest! (rant over )"

It's not a rant. I use the term fat because that is what I am. I have people who will tell me that I am and there are those that will say I am not. I have to be honest to myself. I applaud your candour.

Reply privately

By *vana sukalotWoman
over a year ago

In a land of make believe (Derby)

"well for me it hit soon after puberty actually i used to be a really skinny kid growing up but was a fat baby that all stemmed from a abusive father who used to feed me weatabix in my bottles to shut me up when i was a baby so he got extra sleep in bed etc we lead a real healthy life growing up always out on street till late at night playing in the square etc we were always off up the stream etc i had a lot of health issues after then from delveoping asthma making it harder for me to exercise but what i could do i did then well teenage girls and pmt + carbohydrates + bad

Puberty does seem to be a make or break time for a lot of young women. It seems the menarchy starts something psychological as well as a phsyiological. I have noticed that many women I know return to a slimmer version of themselves after the menopause."

Another reason to look forward to the menopause

Reply privately

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

At the risk of sounding sexist,which I hope I don't a lot of women consider themselves fat when they are far from it. Media and fashion dictates women should be like stick insects...bollocks. People are all shapes and sizes,that's what makes them special. As long as you are happy and HEALTHY be who you are

Reply privately

By *atcockleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

I found beer and gave up football ( playing ) and now I'm trying to get rid of the excess

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why are you fat"

We all know the scientific answer; but then there is choice.

I think some people are happy with being larger. I couldn't be, but thats me.

Reply privately

By *atcockleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

"At the risk of sounding sexist,which I hope I don't a lot of women consider themselves fat when they are far from it. Media and fashion dictates women should be like stick insects...bollocks. People are all shapes and sizes,that's what makes them special. As long as you are happy and HEALTHY be who you are"
plus the bigger ladies are hotter lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"At the risk of sounding sexist,which I hope I don't a lot of women consider themselves fat when they are far from it. Media and fashion dictates women should be like stick insects...bollocks. People are all shapes and sizes,that's what makes them special. As long as you are happy and HEALTHY be who you are"

I agree with this too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""Why are you fat"

"

Thanks to you and the other men contributing. I know I am more comfortable at fatter than I should be.

Please can those men that are sending me messages saying 'you're not fat' stop. I won't be responding to any of you. This thread is about exploring the issue not seeking false compliments.

Reply privately

By *xTitsAndTattsxxWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Ive been as small as a size 8 n as big as a 20.......I'm now a very happy and comfortable size 14 n feel betta than ever!

Reply privately

over a year ago

""Why are you fat"

Thanks to you and the other men contributing. I know I am more comfortable at fatter than I should be.

Please can those men that are sending me messages saying 'you're not fat' stop. I won't be responding to any of you. This thread is about exploring the issue not seeking false compliments."

Can I say I think you're phat?

Reply privately

By *icked kittyCouple
over a year ago

Uttoxeter

yes I do I've been a size 8 and a size 18.I'm fat because I love pints of beer.steak and chips curry and chocolate like everything in life I indulge myself sex beer food .I do it all to the max hell yeah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"yes I do I've been a size 8 and a size 18.I'm fat because I love pints of beer.steak and chips curry and chocolate like everything in life I indulge myself sex beer food .I do it all to the max hell yeah x

"

I like your style Kitty and you're super hot with it. Also, just think of the sploshing session you can have with that lot...!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You're all still beautiful though...

thank u xx"

You're welcome.

It wasn't an empty compliment either. Femininity Is sexy in all its wonderful shapes and sizes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a medical condition, i can't walk past the fridge

Reply privately

over a year ago

I simply drink to much alcohol and don't have enough rumpy pumpy

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have no idea but i'm sure some nice person will tell me...

Gave up smoking nearly 8 yrs ago at the weight of 8st 4lb size 8-10.

Did 4hrs ridding a day plus mucking 5 mares out.

Then 2 miles run , 1 hrs work out each day.

Every other day 5 miles bike ride.

Ate no extra.

Guess what the weight started to pile on......

I now only do 1-2 hrs work out a day and my weight is steady ish give 6lb either way.

Have had all the blood tests nothing.

Now i'm a 16 and i'm happy the way i am

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because I ate too much food, drank too much ale and didn't do enough exercise.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know why I'm a big girl, chocolate, and not enough exercise. I can pinpoint the time too, after having my first born.

Previous to being pregnant I was a tiny size 8 and I was bony but with big boobs. I didn't put any weight on for the first 6 months of pregnancy and stayed at 7st. I started to get worried about it but made sure I drank pints of milk and had potatoes etc.

I started to put weight on in the 7th month of pregnancy and put it on rapidly and I had a huge bump which I was very proud of. After babe was born I literally only lost 8lb in weight, and that was the baby weight. I got so tired doing all the feeds, and being up a lot at night that I grabbed sleep when I could and wouldn't spend time in the day cooking nutritional meals, so I had mars bars for dinner. It just carried on really and I was of the mindset that I'd never previously had a weight problem and I could lose it any time I wanted and to be honest I quite liked my shape after being bony previously.

Fcrom coming out of hospital a size 12, which was big for me, to then going up to a 14 and then 16 and apart from my tummy which is flabby and I don't like it, I actually quite like my shape so I have no plans for losing it, even though I should realistically be a size 12 for my height

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have a medical condition, i can't walk past the fridge "

blimey I have it more serious than u - I walk too it and open it and take things out and eat them lol - I've heard there is no cure lol

Reply privately

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Because I eat too much, and don't exercise enough.

The anti seizure meds I am on stop my body digesting fat as quick as it should, so it is easier for me to get fat, and more difficult to lose it once it is there.

However, I eat because I am bored. I rarely feel hungry. But eat because it has been drummed into me since I was a baba that lunch is at 12, tea is at 4.30 and supper is at 8pm. I stuck to this for years.

It's only since I moved away from home, and to a different world (well South from the North), that I've started to realise that food is not a boredom cure, and the world does not stop if you eat at a different time because you are not hungry.

I've recently lost 2 stone, although I am still classed as obese, just not morbidly anymore. That is through a combination of exercise, and only one meal containing carbs a day, and that is usually with lunch. By next summer I hope to be into size 12 clothes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I eat too much, and the wrong things at the wrong times. I don't exercise enough partly due to laziness and partly due to a disability and past self-esteem issues led me to comfort eat. Hopefully have turned things around now and my weight is gradually going down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am not overweight...

I am underheight...

Reply privately

over a year ago

""Why are you fat"

Please can those men that are sending me messages saying 'you're not fat' stop. I won't be responding to any of you. This thread is about exploring the issue not seeking false compliments.

Can I say I think you're phat? "

No, I'm too old to be phat.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am not overweight...

I am underheight... "

thats clearly the case with u - u have been patted on the head so much its been pushed into your chest cavity - u obviously have been a very very good boy lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds like we need a Fabs fitness club! lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds like we need a Fabs fitness club! lol"

nooooooooooooooooo that sounds like hard work xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone wanna be my personal trainer?

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I went to the Hall of Mirrors

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ive got friends at a size 6 skinny do you not think thats hurtful to call them stick insects as they have hang ups to ..just saying

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

i think calling slim people stick insects is wholly inappropriate

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I had children and whilst I've managed to lose over a stone, the tummy is still fat and the hips ain't brilliant either

Reply privately

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

All I know is I've been worried about it since I was 9

I've tried every diet known to man and have swung from a size 12 (for about 3 minutes!) to a size 24. I can just never keep it off.

Thank heavens I found a man who loves me no matter what... Trouble is loving yourself is a whole different kettle of sardines and I have a feeling I'm

never gonna master that one. Gastric band here we come ??

T xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"At the risk of sounding sexist,which I hope I don't a lot of women consider themselves fat when they are far from it. Media and fashion dictates women should be like stick insects...bollocks. People are all shapes and sizes,that's what makes them special. As long as you are happy and HEALTHY be who you are plus the bigger ladies are hotter lol i agree "

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/12 18:09:05]

Reply privately

over a year ago

i went from a size 0 to a size 14 when i was pregnant and i physically hated my body. Now i know most people wont class that as fat, but to me, it was enormous, unsightly and unhealthy. I lost the baby weigh in about 3 months of good eating and excerise and got back to a size 10, i'll never get back to a zero, which is a bit sad cause i loved being that size

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i think calling slim people stick insects is wholly inappropriate"

Totally agree that was well out of order !!!

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

My weight gain started when I was pregnant with my daughter. Before I found out I was expecting, I was just under 7st at 21 years old. I put on over 4st but managed to lost about 3st of that once baby was born. When she was 6 months old I started having the depo injection and the weight piled on ... the 4st and then some more.

As i'm 5ft I think I look enormous. I eventually came off the injection but the weight remained.

I started to lose a little weight, met hubby, fell pregnant again and now I am even heavier than I was 9 months pregnant the first time around. I'm a size 16 and I hate it.

Unfortunately, at this moment in time I have neither the energy or the inclination to do anything about it other than eat less crappy foods.

Once I get back working, I will definitely be making my way to the swimming to get rid of at least 2st. I don't want to do it for anyone but me. I want to be able to wear pretty clothes, shorter skirts etc rather than ankle length things.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i went from a size 0 to a size 14 when i was pregnant and i physically hated my body. Now i know most people wont class that as fat, but to me, it was enormous, unsightly and unhealthy. I lost the baby weigh in about 3 months of good eating and excerise and got back to a size 10, i'll never get back to a zero, which is a bit sad cause i loved being that size"

A size 10 is nice ive crept up to a 12 oops but still happy went back to zumba so back to my ten soon

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

What a great great thread!

I dont consider myself fat although some slimmer people might say I am; I think I am curvy.

Do I know why? Yes I do. I love entertaining and cooking, I enjoy alcohol and cheese and because I do, I spend a fair amount of time running, gymming, weight training etc.

Do I know when it started? Not exactly but I believe the fact that my parents enjoyed good food and entertaining has not helped.

Do I want to be "thin"?

In all honesty I do not. I would like to be a stone lighter but if I am not it is not the end of the world as I am healthy and fit.

Reply privately

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

I like cake. ^^ x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Two years ago I was 22 stone size 26 I'm now 14.5 size 18 all thanks to divorce and finding out I had a issue with my thyroid. I hate being big to be honest and no matter how much healthy food I eat or time spent at the gym I've seen to have hit a wall. Meaning I'm getting frustrated and picking at crap mind you won't be eating tonight think my cat thought it was nice of him bringing me a barely alive rabbit for tea yuk!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/12 18:15:59]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a lot of people have weight issues at both ends. I'm far from fat but i've more recently started to be bothered by being slim mainly because women seem to want guys that are big built or at least fat but with big upper half or whatever.

I know why i'm slim. I have a very active physical job for 40-48hrs a week, a busy social life as well as a lot of other shit to do on a day to day basis. I need to eat more of the right things.

Being on the move a lot i'm guilty of going for snacks that are quick and easy, occasionally skipping breakfast and generally not eating enough for what I need.

Could do with putting some effort into researching body-building foods and coming up with a manageable day to day food menu that's cheap enough and not repetitive.

Reply privately

By *pl- capdagdeCouple
over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

Once you realise why your fat or overweight you've won half the battle.Things is carry on eating shit and not getting it under control just means your likely to live a shorter life or end up with things like diabetes etc l

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All I know is I've been worried about it since I was 9

I've tried every diet known to man and have swung from a size 12 (for about 3 minutes!) to a size 24. I can just never keep it off.

Thank heavens I found a man who loves me no matter what... Trouble is loving yourself is a whole different kettle of sardines and I have a feeling I'm

never gonna master that one. Gastric band here we come ??

T xxx "

Don't do it until you love yourself. Then if you still want to go down the surgery/band route it will be for the best reasons. Good luck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat cos all the skinny people didn't take their share. Cunts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fat or thin, being happy within your own skin is the important bit!!

Many so called model types have body issuse far greater than those Seen as FAT!

if you have a beer belly, stocky, fat, lumpy or even obese there are people out there that will find you attractive, who cares what trolls say, fuck em!

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

" who cares what trolls say, fuck em!

"

But would you?

Reply privately

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Yep. I eat too much and move to little (as little as possible in fact)

Reply privately

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

Nah, on a serious note, I eat healthily, I exercise and I don't eat huge portions...

The truth is, I'm not built to be thin and I gave up a long time ago trying to be something I'm not. As a size 16 now, I'm comfortable with myself and I'm healthy.

Had the asshole ex, had the eating disorders and had the spiteful comments from other girls but I'd rather have my shapely hips and boobs than their jutting bones and a flat tummies any day. - Thanks to my frame/build, anywhere below a size 14 makes me look ill. So as far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't like it can jog on.

I'm healthy, I'm happy, that's all that matters.

- Amy. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

But would you? "

Never fuck a troll, you don't know where they've been.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Do you know why you are fat?"

Oh yes i sure do! Billy

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

But would you?

Never fuck a troll, you don't know where they've been."

Reply privately

over a year ago

try eating less and moving more

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I used to have a fat wallet until I met my ex

Reply privately

over a year ago

So many of you I want to reply to. Thanks to all for contributing your stories.

Fit, healthy, happy = good

Unhealthy and unhappy = bad

Regardless of size or shape

Keep your stories coming and try not to get the thread pulled before I get back from choir - it's so annoying when that happens.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"try eating less and moving more"

True

Reply privately

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

"

Don't do it until you love yourself. Then if you still want to go down the surgery/band route it will be for the best reasons. Good luck."

Aw thanks , will give it a go xx

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

cause I can't hold my breath too long and once I breathe out..... am fucked

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cause I can't hold my breath too long and once I breathe out..... am fucked"

Can we bulk order waist cinchers?

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"So many of you I want to reply to. Thanks to all for contributing your stories.

Keep your stories coming and try not to get the thread pulled before I get back from choir - it's so annoying when that happens."

Perhaps you could sing a little faster to reduce the risk ?;-)

Reply privately

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

Ha just made a great Freudian slip though..... Told K that I think I should rejoin Swinging World when I should if said Slimming World lol

I know which one sounds more fun... Where can I sign up

T xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am not fat atall but I comfort eat all the time....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many of you I want to reply to. Thanks to all for contributing your stories.

Keep your stories coming and try not to get the thread pulled before I get back from choir - it's so annoying when that happens.Perhaps you could sing a little faster to reduce the risk ?;-)"

That might ruin the rehearsal for the other 70 or so in the choir. And, I'll get told off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am not overweight...

I am underheight...

thats clearly the case with u - u have been patted on the head so much its been pushed into your chest cavity - u obviously have been a very very good boy lol "

True...;-)

But is that why I got moobs...?

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Keep your stories coming and try not to get the thread pulled before I get back from choir - it's so annoying when that happens.Perhaps you could sing a little faster to reduce the risk ?;-)

That might ruin the rehearsal for the other 70 or so in the choir. And, I'll get told off."

Ok, I can see your point, that would not be fair on 70 people and would not like to see you told off - so I guess everybody simply has to behave on here. Hey how hard can that be?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ha just made a great Freudian slip though..... Told K that I think I should rejoin Swinging World when I should if said Slimming World lol

I know which one sounds more fun... Where can I sign up

T xx "

I'm sure Swinging World already exists somewhere. Perhaps we can start Swing Slim? The exercise programme could be a lot of fun.

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

What did it for me was looking at photos from my daughter's birthday and asking Mr B, do I really look like that?

im the same, it is a battle and i fight it daily, its been 4 years since i lost my weight and ive fought it ever since, i have slipped and gained a dress size a few times but always pull it back and get it off, but im determined im never getting as big as i was again, and ive gone to some extream measures to stand by that"

Pretty much the same here....

At my biggest was a size 20 and smallest has been 10-12.

If I don't really watch it I can gain a dresss size really quickly. Soon as I notice it creeping back then I go all out to get it back off but not to extreme measures.

x

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I've never been tiny. I left school weighing 9st and although that isn't particularly fat, I saw myself as a total blimp. I've never had a particularly positive self image.

I was 10st when I got pregnant with my third child but he died and I found that, whenever I felt I was about to break down, eating 'something' would deal with the lump in my throat and stop the tears. I needed to stay in control for the sake of my other two.

Food rapidly became my 'drug of choice' when dealing with anything emotional and the weight piled on. By the time I was in my thirties, I weighed 22st. I managed to lose 10st of it but have regained 5st following three harrowing deaths in my family. Seems I haven't beaten my demons.

I find the whole yo-yo dieting thing totally depressing but it's been my routine for over 20 years and I haven't found the magic bullet as yet which would enable me to stop the madness.

There can't be a diet or 'healthy eating plan' I haven't tried ... and I think I'm now at the stage where gastric surgery looks very appealing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm 5'11 n a half and fluctuate between a 14 typically to a 16 bottom, from time to time. Between childhood hauntings, failed relationships or friendships, miscarriage .... Few more things. I would not ever say I am fat, but when I have been receiving regular sexercise, it keeps extra pounds at bay, a ruddy good workout is all I would say is needed to stay healthy with your diet in tow too x x

Reply privately

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

lost 12 lbs as a put on weight due to stress for long work hours

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've never been tiny. I left school weighing 9st and although that isn't particularly fat, I saw myself as a total blimp. I've never had a particularly positive self image.

I was 10st when I got pregnant with my third child but he died and I found that, whenever I felt I was about to break down, eating 'something' would deal with the lump in my throat and stop the tears. I needed to stay in control for the sake of my other two.

Food rapidly became my 'drug of choice' when dealing with anything emotional and the weight piled on. By the time I was in my thirties, I weighed 22st. I managed to lose 10st of it but have regained 5st following three harrowing deaths in my family. Seems I haven't beaten my demons.

I find the whole yo-yo dieting thing totally depressing but it's been my routine for over 20 years and I haven't found the magic bullet as yet which would enable me to stop the madness.

There can't be a diet or 'healthy eating plan' I haven't tried ... and I think I'm now at the stage where gastric surgery looks very appealing."

I am so sorry for your losses. Losing a child is painful.

One of the reasons I am fat is because I felt at my best when I was pregnant (even though I was sick every day).

As above, gastric surgery will be a temporary fix if your head is still fat because it is full of demons.

Good luck.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I've never been tiny. I left school weighing 9st and although that isn't particularly fat, I saw myself as a total blimp. I've never had a particularly positive self image.

There can't be a diet or 'healthy eating plan' I haven't tried ... and I think I'm now at the stage where gastric surgery looks very appealing."

You sound a very courageous Lady - I have nothing but admiration for you!

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

There can't be a diet or 'healthy eating plan' I haven't tried ... and I think I'm now at the stage where gastric surgery looks very appealing.

I am so sorry for your losses. Losing a child is painful.

One of the reasons I am fat is because I felt at my best when I was pregnant (even though I was sick every day).

As above, gastric surgery will be a temporary fix if your head is still fat because it is full of demons.

Good luck."

Knowing this is the only thing that has prevented me from going down that route. I know someone who has had it and has lost 6st (so far) but still constantly questions her appearance.

I know that when I lost 10st, I simply found other things to dislike about myself. Sheesh I sound like a complete head-case lol (I promise I'm fairly sane really)

Reply privately

over a year ago

But would you? "

Yes

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

But would you?

Yes "

Bad boy - did nt you listen to what Lickety said? No causing trouble while she is out singing!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am so sorry for your losses. Losing a child is painful.

Good luck.

Knowing this is the only thing that has prevented me from going down that route. I know someone who has had it and has lost 6st (so far) but still constantly questions her appearance.

I know that when I lost 10st, I simply found other things to dislike about myself. Sheesh I sound like a complete head-case lol (I promise I'm fairly sane really) "

You sound like a lot of people. I was thinking of creating a charity called Over-thinkers anonymous. You have survived the worst thing a parent can go through, one day you will feel strong enough to thrive. As with all things, it takes work and sometimes the work is just too hard.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But would you?

Yes

Bad boy - did nt you listen to what Lickety said? No causing trouble while she is out singing!!!"

Thank you! Just off... now.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I am so sorry for your losses. Losing a child is painful.

Good luck.

I know that when I lost 10st, I simply found other things to dislike about myself. Sheesh I sound like a complete head-case lol (I promise I'm fairly sane really)

You sound like a lot of people. I was thinking of creating a charity called Over-thinkers anonymous. You have survived the worst thing a parent can go through, one day you will feel strong enough to thrive. As with all things, it takes work and sometimes the work is just too hard."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat because I put on baby weight and ate at wrong times due to work and being busy all day... I lost 6 stone two years ago and didn't like the way I looked so decided to put some back on....sods. law got ill and put on another 3 stone due to the medication....trying again now to lose but only wanna lose the 3 I put on while ill...not everyone suits a skinny frame...I just wanna be at a healthy weight where I can still fuck like a bunny without having to stop for a breather.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am not overweight...

I am underheight...

thats clearly the case with u - u have been patted on the head so much its been pushed into your chest cavity - u obviously have been a very very good boy lol "

True...;-)

But is that why my Apollo's belt is more like Mercury's muffin top...?

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"I am not overweight...

I am underheight...

thats clearly the case with u - u have been patted on the head so much its been pushed into your chest cavity - u obviously have been a very very good boy lol

True...;-)

But is that why my Apollo's belt is more like Mercury's muffin top...? "

That actually made me laugh out loud!

Reply privately

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I'm fat and I know it - but I'm starting the "Insanity" 60 day course soon

Reply privately

By *lexaWoman
over a year ago

southampton

There is happy fat and sad fat. Some are happy with it, others aren't. Dawn French for example. There is something very cuddly and appealing about a happy fat person. I had a friend at school who was fat and she was very popular cos she sso lovely to be with.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Can i just say, i was adviced to have a gastric bypass. I thought all my prayers had been answered. I went for a 2hr assessment/councelling session and came out and said no way am i having that done. It wasnt the surgery its how your life is going to be afterwards. That was on the Thursday, i joined slimming world on the Tuesday and have never looked back, ive got rid of diebitis(type 2) and yes it has gone for those that say you cant get rid of it i double and trebled checked with the doctor. I know longer have high blood pressure and my cholestral is perfect.

Its not easy, like lots on here im on lots of medication, some well known weight gainers. I havent lost any for quiet a little while now due to another problem, but that can be sorted

Reply privately

over a year ago

All of my aunties/uncles/cousins.. the whole bleedin' familie are fat, my mum used to (and still does) make the most huge meals, always 3courses.

I was a very fat child till I got to secondary school and the bullying started. I got down to a size 8 from a size 18, easy when you're young and stayed slim for years, it has been a very gradual weight gain for me, and always hard work not letting it get outta hand!

Ufortunately though for years I also had this stoopid emotional thing going on where I would sabotage things in my life Couldn't accept that I was allowed to have things go right, at some point that affected my weight too, when a special event was coming up and I really wanted to lose weight for it... for some reason I would eat more than ever, Ive had a bit of help from various mindfuck-docs and don't do myself so much damage as I used to lol!

however after being outta action with the back injury and comfort eating for a year solid! I have gone too far! lol! I'm now desperate to get back to a happy 14, I don't crave being ultraslim, but right now I'm quite unhappy where I'm at and it all seems such an uphill struggle to sort it...I kinda dunno where to start with it

So yes I know why I'm fat and I know why I've struggled with it over the years, I just need to sort it out now if I can motivate myself

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Thank you Lickety Splits for an excellent OP highlighting as it does the reality of peoples lives..Am full of admiration for the honesty of many of the posts..the issue of an increase of obesity in Western cultures is a complex and sensitive issue not made easier by judgemental opinions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never used to have a weight problem. started about 15yrs ago i suppose.

I like nice things, re good red wine, cheeses and good quality gin...

Ive gone from a 10/12 and to now a 16/18 and was bigger last year.

I dont work and you soo realise that you dont need the calories if your not doing anything.........so gone is the booze and fine cheeses etc and in comes sensible eating. and its working

Reply privately

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

"At the risk of sounding sexist,which I hope I don't a lot of women consider themselves fat when they are far from it. Media and fashion dictates women should be like stick insects...bollocks. People are all shapes and sizes,that's what makes them special. As long as you are happy and HEALTHY be who you are

Ive got friends at a size 6 skinny do you not think thats hurtful to call them stick insects as they have hang ups to ..just saying "

My apologies; you are of course quite correct.

Reply privately

By *landleeCouple
over a year ago

near hull

erm i dont think im fat got nice curves though

Reply privately

By *landleeCouple
over a year ago

near hull

"Never used to have a weight problem. started about 15yrs ago i suppose.

I like nice things, re good red wine, cheeses and good quality gin...

Ive gone from a 10/12 and to now a 16/18 and was bigger last year.

I dont work and you soo realise that you dont need the calories if your not doing anything.........so gone is the booze and fine cheeses etc and in comes sensible eating. and its working "

i have gone opposite since i had kids

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

My weight gain was gradual but started when I passed my driving test and got a car.

Before then I took public transport everywhere (lots of walking between bus stops) and carried all my shopping home (two sacks of cat litter a week up a steep hill).

It also coincided with a rise in my income so I didn't have to consider my budge so carefully when I went shopping or have to decide if I could carry it all on the bus.

Added to being told from being quiet young that I had a big bum (family who couldn't cope with physical contact after.puberty and then transferred that issue back onto me - you can't get that big bottom into this chair with me go sit over there) so I had a mistaken self image. So when the weight went on I didn't worry too much since I already.had a big bum. Didn't I?!? At a size 8 with a 21 inch waist...

By the time I realised it was hard to shift. Then some stressful times when I accepted that I ate for comfort, but I needed comfort so I was going to indulge and accept it while I tried to deal with other things.

I finally got a handle on my other issues at a size 18. I've got to a 14 by following a Japanese based diet (no wheat, no potatoes, practically no dairy or red meat) and have plateaued. I'm sure if I did regular exercise I would lose more, but I'm happier now and so if I lose it meh. As long as I don't put it back on...

Reply privately

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I started to get fat after a bug I caught on holiday in Turkey. I gained 10 stone on 18 months and was so so ill.

I was later diagnosed with a thyroid problem, M.E and arthritis. I was put on steroid meds whichade me gain more weight. Had to give up work & was impossible to exercise,

Cue the comfort eating. Found it so difficult to accept my weight & ill health, so gained more & more.

In February this year, I thought enough is enough, started joining a couple of websites & meeting new people and the weight has slowly been coming off.

I have lost 4 stone since feb & so pleased with myself, I'm just not happy with the excess skin.

I'm the happiest I've been in 7 years x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done

Ive also shrunk... used to 5.5..

and now 5. 3.. ooooeeerrrr

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"I started to get fat after a bug I caught on holiday in Turkey. I gained 10 stone on 18 months and was so so ill.

I was later diagnosed with a thyroid problem, M.E and arthritis. I was put on steroid meds whichade me gain more weight. Had to give up work & was impossible to exercise,

Cue the comfort eating. Found it so difficult to accept my weight & ill health, so gained more & more.

In February this year, I thought enough is enough, started joining a couple of websites & meeting new people and the weight has slowly been coming off.

I have lost 4 stone since feb & so pleased with myself, I'm just not happy with the excess skin.

I'm the happiest I've been in 7 years x"

That's fantastic - you have every right to be pleased. I applaud you.

Reply privately

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know why im fat. And trying to change my lifestyle.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was a skinny teenager with no bumps anywhere, good metabolism so burnt off anything I ate. Then I had 2 big babies and have never managed to shift the gut. On the plus side I now love my boobs! I'm also a sugar addict! If I cut it out I can lose 2k in a week.

P.s myfitnesspal is excellent

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm slightly digressing some what hear with my comments about the OP. I do believe you ladies have the rough end of the stick compared to us men with weight gain. There are so many factors that can contribute to weight gain with us humans but especially with the female species. Just a few to mention here Pregnancy/Child birth related, hormone inbalances, various health issues, rut in one's life leading to low motivation, low self esteem, depression, comfort eating, over indulgence of alcohol, etc. Oh! and not forgetting us male for probably contributing to most of the above causes in the first place.

Apologies if I've gone a little deep on this post and no ignorance is intended on this subject as I appreciate it's a delicate matter to some people. Me personally I like some curves on a lady.

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"I'm slightly digressing some what hear with my comments about the OP. I do believe you ladies have the rough end of the stick compared to us men with weight gain. There are so many factors that can contribute to weight gain with us humans but especially with the female species. Just a few to mention here Pregnancy/Child birth related, hormone inbalances, various health issues, rut in one's life leading to low motivation, low self esteem, depression, comfort eating, over indulgence of alcohol, etc. Oh! and not forgetting us male for probably contributing to most of the above causes in the first place.

Apologies if I've gone a little deep on this post and no ignorance is intended on this subject as I appreciate it's a delicate matter to some people. Me personally I like some curves on a lady. "

I would like to award you a squillion Brownie points ... or a BJ, take your pick

Reply privately

over a year ago

I must say I don't like being called a stick insect at all.

I could be considered fatter than my normal self.

I have gone from a size 0 to 6 over 2 years.

At no stage have I looked anorexic or indeed stick thin.

I have naturally big boobs and still curvy.

It is all in proportion with me.

I am lucky that I have a high metabolism and sporty background.

I am also lucky that I don't like sweet stuff, also don't in time of stress or emotional uncertainty ever turn to food, quite the opposite I can't face food!

However I am aware I have exercised very little of late and over indulged in vino!

I do not believe in diets, just eating healthily and in moderation, if you feel full stop eating, smaller portions at more regular intervals.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well ive just been researching the calories in male sperm, just in case thats been the problem....

Only about 7 calories per explosion ...so we cant blame men now...

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I'm a bit overweight at the moment - walking more often and watching what I eat - fatness is caused by taking in more calories than you burn - it's not rocket science. Z

Reply privately

over a year ago

I lost a lot of weight last year and was doing so, so well. I moved to Glasgow in December and since then have struggled to get settled, between one thing (job issues) and another (being robbed) I have lost a lot of confidence and the weight has been going back on rapidly

I am starting to get more settled now though and can hopefully finish my weight loss journey before summer.

I am fat because I am a major comfort/boredom eater and I find that very hard to snap out of.

Reply privately

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

I was considering not going to my retro fit class tonight as it's raining but I read this thread first and thought ' get you big ass in gear girl', so thanks for the motivation.

Scarlett

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've never been slim since having meningitis as a teen - probably a coincidence, but my Mum is convinced otherwise! My issue is I need to cook better meals rather than eating things that are easy to make and exercise more. I know what I need to do to loose the weight, and every now and then I'll have a good patch and lose a couple of stone, but I just seem to lack the motivation to do it all the time and can be so easily distracted by other things that are more fun.

I'm also guilty of comfort and/or boredom eating. I try to avoid buying junk in so that it isn't available when I do wander to the cupboards, but then make the mistake of going shopping when I'm hungry and picking up offers that are just too good to pass on.

I am going to join a gym, and am hoping that the fact I am paying for membership will make me get off my fat ass and actually go to classes etc...I keep saying I'll use the X-Box, but the TV, facebook and this site always seem to get in the way! I would like to lose a few dress sizes, but I need to get my head in the right place and actually move from the couch in the evenings and do it and not use the excuse of being tired from work..everyone is tired at the end of the day but not everyone is a size 18/20!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the word "diet" is the undoing to many. It normally dictates going without. But slimming world and even weightwatchers say you can eat everything, within moderation. I no longer "diet" ........i try and eat healthly

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I try to avoid buying junk in so that it isn't available when I do wander to the cupboards, but then make the mistake of going shopping when I'm hungry and picking up offers that are just too good to pass on."

I am exactly like this. Except even if I don't buy junk food my 6ft 6 12st boyfriend does as he can eat whatever he wants and never see a lb of weight. My cupboards are usually jammed with crisps, sweets, cake and pastries!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm slightly digressing some what hear with my comments about the OP. I do believe you ladies have the rough end of the stick compared to us men with weight gain. There are so many factors that can contribute to weight gain with us humans but especially with the female species. Just a few to mention here Pregnancy/Child birth related, hormone inbalances, various health issues, rut in one's life leading to low motivation, low self esteem, depression, comfort eating, over indulgence of alcohol, etc. Oh! and not forgetting us male for probably contributing to most of the above causes in the first place.

Apologies if I've gone a little deep on this post and no ignorance is intended on this subject as I appreciate it's a delicate matter to some people. Me personally I like some curves on a lady.

I would like to award you a squillion Brownie points ... or a BJ, take your pick "

Well a squillion brownie points would be a first for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I try to avoid buying junk in so that it isn't available when I do wander to the cupboards, but then make the mistake of going shopping when I'm hungry and picking up offers that are just too good to pass on.

I am exactly like this. Except even if I don't buy junk food my 6ft 6 12st boyfriend does as he can eat whatever he wants and never see a lb of weight. My cupboards are usually jammed with crisps, sweets, cake and pastries!"

I live alone so can't blame anyone but myself!! A tip from my old manager though...get him to put it in a cupboard you can't reach (unless you're tall too!) so even if you're tempted you can't just grab it. Plus if it's out of sight it's often out of mind x

Reply privately

over a year ago

A lot of women have been known to have undiagnosed PCOS

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

It's a hormonal condition that can effect ones weight amongst other things

Just wanted to put that one out there, I personally love the fuller figure

It's just a shame that overweight men are not looked at as deeply and usually the shallow side of women cannot see past the beer gut, if only we all learnt to love and not hate 3

Peace and love to all

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I try to avoid buying junk in so that it isn't available when I do wander to the cupboards, but then make the mistake of going shopping when I'm hungry and picking up offers that are just too good to pass on.

I am exactly like this. Except even if I don't buy junk food my 6ft 6 12st boyfriend does as he can eat whatever he wants and never see a lb of weight. My cupboards are usually jammed with crisps, sweets, cake and pastries!

I live alone so can't blame anyone but myself!! A tip from my old manager though...get him to put it in a cupboard you can't reach (unless you're tall too!) so even if you're tempted you can't just grab it. Plus if it's out of sight it's often out of mind x"

Nice idea but I'm also tall and imagine that when I want something I would be surprisingly good at climbing!! I'm trying to substitute chocolate etc for low call jelly and ice lollies. Its going... ok so far!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I live alone so can't blame anyone but myself!! A tip from my old manager though...get him to put it in a cupboard you can't reach (unless you're tall too!) so even if you're tempted you can't just grab it. Plus if it's out of sight it's often out of mind x

Nice idea but I'm also tall and imagine that when I want something I would be surprisingly good at climbing!! I'm trying to substitute chocolate etc for low call jelly and ice lollies. Its going... ok so far!"

There is a great recipe somewhere of a choc cake made with avocados

Luckily, i dont like chocolate or sweet stuff

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat because I got comfortable, hubby dished up big portions, I ate them. When I fell pregnant with it first junk food was the only thing that didn't make me feel sick.

Five years on, two kids later I'm two dress sizes bigger than when we met. I'm training and dieting hard though, lost 4kg in two weeks so far and noticed a difference in my shape already.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Adult debate please. I have been plucking up the courage to post this for a day or so and I didn't want to hijack the fat comments thread.

I do use the word fat. I know why I am fat, and I know how emotive an issue it is. I also know explaining why to the body fascists is pointless.

Do you know why you are fat?"

Yes. I sit on my arse in a taxi for far too long everyday (five hours at Heathrow today for example! Coulda gone to Adfabs!!) and have done so for the last 12 years. It's all the more galling for me - from my teens to the age of 40 I was always on the move, energetic and always doing some form of exercise (ran 8 miles/day from 18-30, cycling 50 mile round trip to work through my 30's etc) and thanks to having to earn a crust, it all went tits up.

So now, I am on a low carb diet on docs orders (and lost 6 stone in the last year) nad had to get my head out of the slop bucket if I want to stand any chance of 'enjoying' old age.

No excuses - I should have got my arse in gear 12 years ago... Should have taken the hint every three years when my license photo was taken. The evidence was there to see.....

Pork

Reply privately

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

As I once saw in a Garfield cartoon in a newspaper...

"I'm not fat. I'm big boned!"

From my perspective, I've lost 3 stones this year. This has been achieved due to there not being any suitable public transport in the area, so I walk 15 miles a week to and from work.

I feel better; there is less strain on my joints; I fit into clothes I haven't worn for ages; it has also helped me in my diabetes management. Plus my GP is very pleased too.

So, that is 15 miles a week I walk

Reply privately

over a year ago

Peace and Love

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm a bit overweight at the moment - walking more often and watching what I eat - fatness is caused by taking in more calories than you burn - it's not rocket salad. Z"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you all for keeping the thread sensible, sensitive, sincere and sane.

So many posts I want to reply to... I won't in case I miss anyone and it would use up all of the available posts left.

Re: PCOS, do get checked as it is really under-diagnosed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/12 22:20:13]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am not overweight...

I am underheight...

True...;-)

But is that why I got moobs...? "

yep its part of ya face poking through

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well ive just been researching the calories in male sperm, just in case thats been the problem....

Only about 7 calories per explosion ...so we cant blame men now... "

Reading a fair few of these posts it would appear that those 7 calories explode into 8lb babies

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thank you all for keeping the thread sensible, sensitive, sincere and sane.

So many posts I want to reply to... I won't in case I miss anyone and it would use up all of the available posts left.

Re: PCOS, do get checked as it is really under-diagnosed."

oh ooooops Lickety didnt mean to be unsensible - it just happens sorrrrry

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like my food, high fat, high calories, eat too much and don't exercise enough to burn off what I eat.

My weight is steady now, and I would like to keep it that way.

Lighter by another half a stone/a stone would be nice, however, I am not going to deprive myself of food that are pleasurable to me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thank you all for keeping the thread sensible, sensitive, sincere and sane.

Re: PCOS, do get checked as it is really under-diagnosed.

oh ooooops Lickety didnt mean to be unsensible - it just happens sorrrrry "

Shaddup! The thread's still here so it's sensible enough.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like my food, high fat, high calories, eat too much and don't exercise enough to burn off what I eat.

My weight is steady now, and I would like to keep it that way.

Lighter by another half a stone/a stone would be nice, however, I am not going to deprive myself of food that are pleasurable to me.

"

Reading your other posts you like to cook as much as you like to eat. I don't get the sense that you eat rubbish. Enjoy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do like the occasional junk food like KFC and kebabs etc...

I like butter, cream, cheese, chicken skin, bacon rinds, the fat off a piece of steak, Coke, etc., and don't like the taste of artificial fat or sweetener.

Don't touch anything that is labelled low fat, low calories or diet.

No hope to be a skinny stick insect for certain!

Reply privately

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Chicken,.... lotsa of chicken!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I choose to love food as it is easier than loving myself.

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"I choose to love food as it is easier than loving myself."

Deep!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I choose to love food as it is easier than loving myself.

Deep! "

pan pizza...mmmmmmmmm yum

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deep!

pan pizza...mmmmmmmmm yum "

I prefer thin and crispy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deep!

pan pizza...mmmmmmmmm yum "

The Good King Wensleslas Pizza....

Deep pan, crisp and even...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deep!

Deep pan, crisp and even..."

Hahahahahah like it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deep!

Deep pan, crisp and even...

Hahahahahah like it "

Hehehehhe love it

Reply privately

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

I was a size 24 at age of 14 due to overeating because of depression caused by being sexually abused. I also had glandular fever which knocked me for six and I was bedridden for 3 months - bored so ate. I lost weight eventually and was a healthy size 14 when I got married - I would go to the gym to lose weight and tone because my husband said I was fat - got to a size 10 but looked awful so regained the weight - was still a healthy 14 when I fell pregnant - it triggered a thyroid problem which was undiagnosed for over 7 years so the weight piled on - by the time it was diagnosed I was size 18/20 - I have remained this way since (11 years ago when I started the medication) I have had years of depression, 2 husbands and comfort eating which have not helped - plus I don't like exercise, although I have just bought a bike (wrong time of year I know but was cheap so will sit in shed until spring)- I would like to lose some weight - maybe get to a 16 but apart from my stomach, I love my curves as does my new man

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was a size 24 at age of 14 due to overeating because of depression caused by being sexually abused. I also had glandular fever which knocked me for six and I was bedridden for 3 months - bored so ate. I lost weight eventually and was a healthy size 14 when I got married - I would go to the gym to lose weight and tone because my husband said I was fat - got to a size 10 but looked awful so regained the weight - was still a healthy 14 when I fell pregnant - it triggered a thyroid problem which was undiagnosed for over 7 years so the weight piled on - by the time it was diagnosed I was size 18/20 - I have remained this way since (11 years ago when I started the medication) I have had years of depression, 2 husbands and comfort eating which have not helped - plus I don't like exercise, although I have just bought a bike (wrong time of year I know but was cheap so will sit in shed until spring)- I would like to lose some weight - maybe get to a 16 but apart from my stomach, I love my curves as does my new man "

Enjoy your curves together - you have earnt them and it is no surprise that your man loves them if he loves you.

Reply privately

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

".....

Enjoy your curves together - you have earnt them and it is no surprise that your man loves them if he loves you."

Thank you

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I cannot begin to say how much I have enjoyed reading (participating a little) this thread. It sounded so honest, sincere, genuine and just an "adult grown up" conversation between many. I was quite saddened by a thread a couple of days ago but this one has more than made up for that and I think it was the initial post and very clear questions by the OP that facilitated an environment where people posted in that way. Thank you, Lickety.

Reply privately

over a year ago

was puppy fat that melted away in my teens

Reply privately

over a year ago

" this one has more than made up for that and I think it was the initial post and very clear questions by the OP that facilitated an environment where people posted in that way. Thank you, Lickety. "

Plus Lickety's scarey...

Reply privately

over a year ago

" this one has more than made up for that and I think it was the initial post and very clear questions by the OP that facilitated an environment where people posted in that way. Thank you, Lickety.

Plus Lickety's scarey... "

Oi! What do you mean? There is nothing scary about little ol' me. Got that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat cos i deep fry my fingers before biting my nails!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm fat cos i deep fry my fingers before biting my nails! "

Two bad habits in one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

hi guys , interesting thread this one . I used to be what you call fat , was up at 18 stone at my worst . dont think i can pin point anything spacifically or a choice that made me that way more a series of events that influenced my daily life from eating to exercise and mind-set . Was depression for me , got me drinking more eating more crap to sober , going out all the time in an attempt to be happy then having days i just couldnt get out my bed . Inbetween i was going to work but was almost like a dream , this went on for about 18 months until i went to put my trousers on one day and couldnt fit into them , went and got another pair but i was embarassed about my size . Wasn't like i woke up one day was fat , just sort of creeped up . After that my mind changed .....weights became the new religion and i went the other way ,constantly thinking about exercise ,eating ,schedules every spare minute i had was exercise , doing press ups on me lunch break sit-ups at a toilet break , fag breaks running round the factory ,pull ups here and there etc etc strnage how it changes . now i somewhere in the middle but a lot happier . Doies take guts to talk about issues relating to weight so good on the OP for taking the plunge .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you all for participating. Every post has touched me in some way (the piss-takers touched my funny bone). I share elements of many of the stories told and I am grateful to you all for exposing so much of your souls.

Love yourselves and love each other. Have lots of sexercise too.

Reply privately