Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

how stupid am i??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just had to share my complete naive stupidity with anyone who happens to read this thread. a couple of months ago i was contacted by a young man from fab who after a week or so of e-mails i agreed to meet up with in a public place.....which we did...it went well....we both decided we really did like each other and wanted to move on to another level next time we met....all good so far....

after some further e-mailing he told me his mother had been involved in a really bad car accident in scotland...and he was devasted and needed to be with her....can anyone guess what is coming next????

yes...he asked me for the train fare...£60...i was frantic for him....but only had £40 i could give him. i arranged to meet him and gave him the cash...for which he appeared...fairly tearful and extremely grateful....i was told i woud recieve re-payment the folowing week. guess what?? while he was there she took a turn for the worse and died....he obviously wouldnt be coming back now...funeral to arrange...i listen to him and sympathised with him every day.....now....havent heard from the fucker in two weeks!!!

i have lost all faith in human nature....why are some people so awful...i dont think im gullible just sensitive and kind...if i could help someone in need i always would...but this has left me feeling very empty....

thankyou for reading and letting me get that off my chest..i feel much better!! lol

by the way is there any way of removing my verification from his profile?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"just had to share my complete naive stupidity with anyone who happens to read this thread. a couple of months ago i was contacted by a young man from fab who after a week or so of e-mails i agreed to meet up with in a public place.....which we did...it went well....we both decided we really did like each other and wanted to move on to another level next time we met....all good so far....

after some further e-mailing he told me his mother had been involved in a really bad car accident in scotland...and he was devasted and needed to be with her....can anyone guess what is coming next????

yes...he asked me for the train fare...£60...i was frantic for him....but only had £40 i could give him. i arranged to meet him and gave him the cash...for which he appeared...fairly tearful and extremely grateful....i was told i woud recieve re-payment the folowing week. guess what?? while he was there she took a turn for the worse and died....he obviously wouldnt be coming back now...funeral to arrange...i listen to him and sympathised with him every day.....now....havent heard from the fucker in two weeks!!!

i have lost all faith in human nature....why are some people so awful...i dont think im gullible just sensitive and kind...if i could help someone in need i always would...but this has left me feeling very empty....

thankyou for reading and letting me get that off my chest..i feel much better!! lol

by the way is there any way of removing my verification from his profile?"

that is really nasty and horrible ..dont let it change your good nature tho ...in fact dont let it change you at all because the damage will be greater than the 40 pound lost .He is the one that has to change not you .

You did what you thought at the time to be right in helping someone and unfortunately got caught ...i have helped people too ...once helping a woman with a baby facing the bailiff

i transferred money to her account having never met her ....but good to her word she paid me every penny back

monthly ...i still never met her lol but she is now on the site .....

well done for your kindness and sorry you got caught ...

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

All I can say is that this incident shows the people concerned up for exactly what they are..... you, Mischief....as a kind and gererous person and the guy ...as a complete arse.

sorry that you're feeling bad...but I'd rather bve in your shoes than his!!!

thank goodness not all guys on Fab are like that

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

sad excuse of a human being, hope one day some one screws him over, then, just then he might know wot its like to be taken for a ride

i truly believe in the saying " wot goes around comes around" his turn will come one day

xx

over a year ago

What an absolute bastard he is! he must have judged you be a lovely caring person and took full advantage of your good nature. As others have said, hope he gets his one day, but people like that normally don't, the fucking shithead!!

over a year ago

thankyou so much for all your kind replies...you really have made me feel better....and not quite so stupid!!

xx

over a year ago

Of course there is just a chance that the guy was genuine ....

2 weeks after someone close dies is not really a long time, we've just finished organising a funeral for a very dear friend and it does take a long time and a lot of work to arrange, given that it was apparently his Mother who has died -the guy could be in a bad way, so maybe the benefit of the doubt ??

I'm being a bit of a Devils advocate on this occasion, but it's always could to look at the situation from another angle ...

Probablilty is that you have been a mug and the guy is a chancer, but who knows - he may get back in touch ?

over a year ago

I know it's a bit late but the age old saying of 'never a borrower nor a lender be' is a wise old saying. Owe nobody anything and never lend anyone anything, and you'll never feel guilty about anything.

I know that sounds selfish but let's be honest here; anyone who can caually ask for £60 from someone they've known for a few short weeks really doesn't have any scruples and that should've set alarm bells ringing.

I think you can kiss your money goodbye and learn from the bitter pill you've had to swallow but always keep it in the back of your mind and if this lowlife is local to you - and is lying about his mother, which I strongly suspect - then keep one eye out for him and if you see him, give it to him with both barrels, particularly if he's with his g/f, which I also suspect he may have.

At least it only cost you £60 to get rid of him. Be thankful he didn't ask for more.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

If he's a member on here then have a look to see if hes logged on recently....The last thing I would be doing if I were bereaved would be thinking would be " perhaps id better log on to Fab and check my messages"

over a year ago

i thought that for a while myself.....but he was talking to me daily up to and after the 'funeral'...it was the i shall be home the following day when everything went very quiet....because obviously i would of been expecting the money back....i havent even mailed him to ask him for it.....i just hope his mother never finds out!!

By *heffcpl4cplCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Good for you, for giving this sad excuse for a man the £40 if anything this has restored my faith in human nature, in that you are a genuine caring person and there are far too few like you in the world today, dont let this saddo put you off regale in the fact that you are one of the all too few good people that seem all so few and far between these days hope you find someone that deserves someone like you.

over a year ago

"Good for you, for giving this sad excuse for a man the £40 if anything this has restored my faith in human nature, in that you are a genuine caring person and there are far too few like you in the world today, dont let this saddo put you off regale in the fact that you are one of the all too few good people that seem all so few and far between these days hope you find someone that deserves someone like you."

Brilliantly put!

He may be genuine and still bereaving, then again he may be a tw*t, fingers crossed for you that he is genuine, if he ain't just move on, forget the cash and be a little more careful next time.

It is nice to know there are people out there like you that will take the risk just to help somebody out.

Good Luck.

W

over a year ago

What goes around... Comes around.

He'll suffer in some way or other.. Don't feel bad.. Just shows your kind and he's a knob really eh!

over a year ago

awwwwwww! you have all made me feel really good about myself now.....thankyou....i felt stupid even writing it down....im so glad i did now....if he ever re-appears...with my cash!! i'll let you all know! thanks for making me smile xx

over a year ago

"awwwwwww! you have all made me feel really good about myself now.....thankyou....i felt stupid even writing it down....im so glad i did now....if he ever re-appears...with my cash!! i'll let you all know! thanks for making me smile xx"

it still shocks me to the stomache that there are actually people out there that have no thought of any kind for others..what a genuine shitty thing that is to do to someone else,karma has a way of getting even mischief..

i hope its not dented your pride and spirit to much sweetheart..

keep smiling xxxx

over a year ago

Mischief....I don't suppose there is any chance you could len.....OK, I will leave it

Stay safe girl and keep smiling xxx

over a year ago

very funny!! you know...we dont have cashpoint machines down here....just mischief machines! LOL

over a year ago

I think the loss of £40 was a lucky escape for you.Who knows what scam was next.

over a year ago

Actually spent a lot of time in Bristol in the past, Staple Hill area, so have an affection for the people and area. I did think I was in a gay part of the City at one point as when I went into a pub I was asked by the burly barman..."what can I get for you then my babs?"...gulp!

over a year ago

lol! we do have some very special little phrases dont we!! lol

thanks for that...it was gert lush!!

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Never give money to anyone you meet online.

If you see stuff like this on the site please report using the Report Profile link and we'll take action.

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

This user has been removed from the site

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"This user has been removed from the site"

well done for the prompt action