Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Swearing is crass

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not sure why I use foul langage at times to describe something here but almost never IRL last 40 odd years. Mum, dad, in-laws and my wife never ever swear.

Hearing people on tv and IRL when we used to go out a lot more makes them look like down and outs.

Having said that watching that touring show where the foul mouthed cook Ramsey little Gino and one other guy I've never seen b4 in my life go around the usa talking about food - the little Gino won

a bing in the "Chicken shit bingo" and Ramsey did make me lol when he desribed little Ginos win as

"the jammy fucker." So there is a time and place for it.

I guess i use it here to say, fucky my wife hard, please, thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Swearing has a time and place. Used for impact it can be very powerful. Not really an everyday use for me

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

You should check out the band crass.... lots of swearing on there albums..

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I swear like a trooper, never in front of children though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's only words but we have a rich and varied language if you need to use the same word for every purpose you probably haven't got a very wide vocabulary.

over a year ago

Numerous studies have found using taboo words may be a sign of intelligence, honesty and creativity, as well as a way to withstand pain. Although swearing has been deemed language of poverty, researchers found well-educated people are better at coming up with curse words than those with a smaller vocabulary.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Numerous studies have found using taboo words may be a sign of intelligence, honesty and creativity, as well as a way to withstand pain. Although swearing has been deemed language of poverty, researchers found well-educated people are better at coming up with curse words than those with a smaller vocabulary."

Darn it! That makes me at the lower end of the intellectual scale and Mr at the top end. He's never going to let me forget it

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I swear a fair amount to be honest. But always feel a bit strange swearing in written form on here.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/10/21 13:21:27]

over a year ago

"Numerous studies have found using taboo words may be a sign of intelligence, honesty and creativity, as well as a way to withstand pain. Although swearing has been deemed language of poverty, researchers found well-educated people are better at coming up with curse words than those with a smaller vocabulary.

Darn it! That makes me at the lower end of the intellectual scale and Mr at the top end. He's never going to let me forget it "

Just tell him to fuck off and you’re good to go

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Swearing does have its place - mostly in humour.

Niki will sometimes swear really inappropriately, as English isn't her first language, but that usually produces laughter.

Over use, like Ramsey does, isn't clever or nice.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"It's only words but we have a rich and varied language if you need to use the same word for every purpose you probably haven't got a very wide vocabulary. "

There’s nothing wrong with my vocabulary I just prefer to say fuck

over a year ago

Nowt to do with swearing. It's how you use the words. I don't like it when someone says 'fucking' after every other word but I don't like it as equally when someone continuously says 'obviously'

The best speakers I find are the ones who mix it all up

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Numerous studies have found using taboo words may be a sign of intelligence, honesty and creativity, as well as a way to withstand pain. Although swearing has been deemed language of poverty, researchers found well-educated people are better at coming up with curse words than those with a smaller vocabulary.

Darn it! That makes me at the lower end of the intellectual scale and Mr at the top end. He's never going to let me forget it

Just tell him to fuck off and you’re good to go "

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's only words but we have a rich and varied language if you need to use the same word for every purpose you probably haven't got a very wide vocabulary.

There’s nothing wrong with my vocabulary I just prefer to say fuck "

over a year ago

"It's only words but we have a rich and varied language if you need to use the same word for every purpose you probably haven't got a very wide vocabulary.

There’s nothing wrong with my vocabulary I just prefer to say fuck

"

'I love to say fuck' Great song

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Nowt to do with swearing. It's how you use the words. I don't like it when someone says 'fucking' after every other word but I don't like it as equally when someone continuously says 'obviously'

"

This is true especially when it isn't obvious at all.

I'm guilty of saying "to be honest" and 'actually' way too much.

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I swear like a motherfucker!

All part of my charm.

By *estofbothCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Fuck

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Meh I'm a down and out then, but don't really give a fuck if people judge me for the use of a few words. Who the fuck are they anyway?!

over a year ago

evesham

Interestingly I won't swear in front of my dad and occasionally in front of my mum.

I accidentally dropped the f word in front of my dad the other day and internally panicked! I don't think he noticed though

over a year ago

"Fuck "

Shit

over a year ago

evesham

"Fuck

Shit"

Bollocks

over a year ago

"Fuck

Shit

Bollocks "

Cunt

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Nowt to do with swearing. It's how you use the words. I don't like it when someone says 'fucking' after every other word but I don't like it as equally when someone continuously says 'obviously'

"

Well that's obviously fucking obvious innit?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I find I'm swearing pretty casually nowadays, something I only used to do occasionally

over a year ago

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

I beg your pardon, I've just stubbed my little toe.

over a year ago

"Numerous studies have found using taboo words may be a sign of intelligence, honesty and creativity, as well as a way to withstand pain. Although swearing has been deemed language of poverty, researchers found well-educated people are better at coming up with curse words than those with a smaller vocabulary."

I recall from 45 years ago a mate of a mate called said to someone at work "sister fucker" in his own lanaguage both were Indians. The bloke that was insulted crashed a bottle over the head of the foullanaguae user.

Btw, "sister fucker" when said in the indian lanage sounds devestating considered worse than "mother fucker" for reasons i will understand.

Another foul word put within a sentence in the indian language that carrys a lot of weight, ie most likey to get your teeth kicked into the back of your throat is = "a ????man fucked your sister" that over the years has seen some serious reprecsussions.

Swearing is not intelligent nor is it a sign of intelleigence.

If I see a bastard IRL, I refer to them as inbreds, so not as foul sounding more a statment of fact.

over a year ago

I guess swearing show your age,intelligence, the kind of up-bringing one has had and self worth and respect and that afforded to the foul mouthed ...

over a year ago

"I guess swearing show your age,intelligence, the kind of up-bringing one has had and self worth and respect and that afforded to the foul mouthed ...

"

So who had the better upbringing?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’m not much of a public swearer but, I do often sit in my office muttering obscenities to myself

over a year ago

"Not sure why I use foul langage at times to describe something here but almost never IRL last 40 odd years. Mum, dad, in-laws and my wife never ever swear.

Hearing people on tv and IRL when we used to go out a lot more makes them look like down and outs.

Having said that watching that touring show where the foul mouthed cook Ramsey little Gino and one other guy I've never seen b4 in my life go around the usa talking about food - the little Gino won

a bing in the "Chicken shit bingo" and Ramsey did make me lol when he desribed little Ginos win as

"the jammy fucker." So there is a time and place for it.

I guess i use it here to say, fucky my wife hard, please, thanks "

Fucking well said!!

over a year ago

I have no problem with profanity. There are much worse traits from people than swearing.

over a year ago

Tell me about it.. fucking dreadful.

By *he Knight is YoungMan
over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

I was an angel until I worked 18 years the docks and now the F word is used as a :-

Profanity

Full stop

Amazement

To say hello

To say goodbye

Exclamation Mark

Question mark

And any kind of injury that usually starts and ends with it

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I must be a genius!

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I was an angel until I worked 18 years the docks and now the F word is used as a :-

Profanity

Full stop

Amazement

To say hello

To say goodbye

Exclamation Mark

Question mark

And any kind of injury that usually starts and ends with it "

over a year ago

I must be a genius!"

Too fucking rights you are

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I must be a genius!

Too fucking rights you are "

over a year ago

I was advised that many that worked where I last worked are now "TWATS."

Their co-workers call them "TWATS" and I said what the heck, you nasty son of a silly moo. He told me that it was the widelt accepted definition of those "TWATS"

that only worked Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday.

Thankfully I left work at 55 and did a 3.5 day a week so not one of them.

Are you WFH on the whole or a TWAT?

over a year ago

evesham

"I was advised that many that worked where I last worked are now "TWATS."

Their co-workers call them "TWATS" and I said what the heck, you nasty son of a silly moo. He told me that it was the widelt accepted definition of those "TWATS"

that only worked Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday.

Thankfully I left work at 55 and did a 3.5 day a week so not one of them.

Are you WFH on the whole or a TWAT? "

Both WFH Monday and Friday, in the office TWAT

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"I was an angel until I worked 18 years the docks and now the F word is used as a :-

Profanity

Full stop

Amazement

To say hello

To say goodbye

Exclamation Mark

Question mark

And any kind of injury that usually starts and ends with it "

That sounds like me, but I didn't do the time on the docks. My nan used to tell me I had the vocabulary of a pirate.

By *he Knight is YoungMan
over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

Profanity

Full stop

Amazement

To say hello

To say goodbye

Exclamation Mark

Question mark

And any kind of injury that usually starts and ends with it

That sounds like me, but I didn't do the time on the docks. My nan used to tell me I had the vocabulary of a pirate. "

Most are usually uttered and not shouted out loud as in a biblical sentence

When I came back from Germany when I was working on the docks over there,my mum was horrified by my new dialect and use of "colourful language",I had to bite my lip in front of my nan as hell would defrost and take me

Post new Message to Thread