Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Surprise!

Jump to newest

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

That feeling when something happens that pleasantly surprised you, a good thing happened unexpectedly or someone does something nice for you.

I’m sure that you understand the concept!

What is an example of when someone pleasantly surprised you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Funnily enough my friend just texted me to say she's gone ahead and booked us theatre tickets as we're really bad at getting things organised if we try confer first . So now I'm booking us some for another show too. Two unexpected nights out is a lovely Saturday AM surprise.

over a year ago

Morning mr tea,

Yes was abit down the other week and a friend (ive not seen for 18 months due to covid and busyness) nocked at my door with a box of craft ales, cadburys buttons & pork pie.

We'd both become abit socially inept and although messaged on occasions to meet either one of us always had a excuse.

It was a lovely surprise and lifted my spirits

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Funnily enough my friend just texted me to say she's gone ahead and booked us theatre tickets as we're really bad at getting things organised if we try confer first . So now I'm booking us some for another show too. Two unexpected nights out is a lovely Saturday AM surprise. "

That’s really nice!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Morning mr tea,

Yes was abit down the other week and a friend (ive not seen for 18 months due to covid and busyness) nocked at my door with a box of craft ales, cadburys buttons & pork pie.

We'd both become abit socially inept and although messaged on occasions to meet either one of us always had a excuse.

It was a lovely surprise and lifted my spirits "

What a good friend

over a year ago

Somebody this morning ! Coffee and bacon roll from greggs plesently surprisingly from lady from a lady in one of the stores !

Kind act from lovely lady helps immensely ! x

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hello Tea! *waves*

My pleasant surprise? Finding out that someone was attending the MLS who I didn't think ever would. Who was that mysterious person?... Why, it's you!

That aside, my partner arranging for me to go and see my mum today. I'm too fucked on medication to drive down but he's happily doing it and I've been told there are Halloween surprises waiting for me. It means a lot.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

My best friend knocked on my door a couple of nights ago with an unexpected delivery of all my favourite treats, chocolates/cocktails/crisps etc and a lovely card just to say she was thinking of me, a little random act of kindness, after 32yrs of friendship she can still surprise me and that’s special xx

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Somebody this morning ! Coffee and bacon roll from greggs plesently surprisingly from lady from a lady in one of the stores !

Kind act from lovely lady helps immensely ! x "

That’s a lovely thing!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Hello Tea! *waves*

My pleasant surprise? Finding out that someone was attending the MLS who I didn't think ever would. Who was that mysterious person?... Why, it's you!

That aside, my partner arranging for me to go and see my mum today. I'm too fucked on medication to drive down but he's happily doing it and I've been told there are Halloween surprises waiting for me. It means a lot. "

Ah that’s a wonderful surprise from your partner!

As for the MLS, it was either that or I get left outside like a dog by the post office. The organisers said that they didn’t want me making the place look untidy

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"My best friend knocked on my door a couple of nights ago with an unexpected delivery of all my favourite treats, chocolates/cocktails/crisps etc and a lovely card just to say she was thinking of me, a little random act of kindness, after 32yrs of friendship she can still surprise me and that’s special xx"

That’s adorable! You’ve got a kind and thoughtful friend there

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I thought the last installment for my laptop was due this month. Turns out I already finished paying it off last month. Yay!

over a year ago

A simple gesture but my work sent me a huge bunch of flowers when I was off ill post surgery. Only my boss knew so he probably organised it himself (with a little help from his wife I can only presume!)

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I thought the last installment for my laptop was due this month. Turns out I already finished paying it off last month. Yay!"

Yay! It’s like finding a fiver in old jeans

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"A simple gesture but my work sent me a huge bunch of flowers when I was off ill post surgery. Only my boss knew so he probably organised it himself (with a little help from his wife I can only presume!)"

That’s lovely! And definitely a surprise

over a year ago

When someone says something or does something that shows you they know you and care. Always kinda makes me feel fuzzy

over a year ago

"My best friend knocked on my door a couple of nights ago with an unexpected delivery of all my favourite treats, chocolates/cocktails/crisps etc and a lovely card just to say she was thinking of me, a little random act of kindness, after 32yrs of friendship she can still surprise me and that’s special xx"

Love this

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"When someone says something or does something that shows you they know you and care. Always kinda makes me feel fuzzy"

Thanks for explaining what a nice surprise is!

over a year ago

My semi-feral cat has just come and glared at me as I'm in her spot on the settee , but i sat quietly and now we are sharing it and she is purring like a tractor... I can't tell you what a special moment it is!

I need to pee, but i can't move 'cos it'll break the spell!

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

I’m planning some pleasant surprises, does that count or do I have to be the one surprised?

Post new Message to Thread