Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Spelunking- last thread from me today!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

But this recreational activity gives me huge anxiety when I watch videos about it.

I didn’t even know I was that claustrophobic until I seen this videos.

Spelunking is the exploration of caves normally underground and tunnels and some of them are very tight!

I was in Dunelm earlier with my friend and I was on amongst the hanging rugs cos I like to smell mew carpet smells and she closed the rack so I was trapped inside. Like that scene in 13 ghosts when the walls close in around her. Anyway it made me imagine what it would be like to do this mad bonkers recreational activity and wondered if anybody does it on here?

If anyone wants to know what I mean watch the nutty putty death of John jones video on YouTube or any video on spelunking and see if it makes you feel anxious like it does to me.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I know someone who does and loves it, potholing etc.

It would terrify me to be honest but he did tell me that he went down into the vast series of catacombs under Paris which I wouldn’t mind having a go at (less confined and multiple exits so he said).

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I could never do this. Never never never never never *shudder*

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I could never do this. Never never never never never *shudder* "

Have you seen the film, The Descent?

Yep, that makes me want to have a go at it even more…..

over a year ago

I love watching videos of this stuff along with abandoned places, love watching urbex videos, especially old buildings and hospitals

over a year ago

It’s awful have you watched videos on it. Just imagine not being able to get back out or having a panic attack you’re knackered.

over a year ago

"I could never do this. Never never never never never *shudder*

Yep, that makes me want to have a go at it even more….. "

Watch this short 10 minute video on YouTube

https://youtu.be/jWwPg8ruxfI

over a year ago

Yep, that makes me want to have a go at it even more….. "

Yes, and still no!

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

The underwater, subterranean cavern one’s freak me out the most.

Divers trying to squeeze through tight crevices whilst wearing a bulky oxygen tank that at any moment might get wedged between the walls…..fuck’eth that!

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

If it scares the shit out of you why watch it!! ??

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

been caving not going to do it again

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Caving (spelunking isn't usually used the UK).

You can start by going down very wide and dry caves, no real drama except it's dark.

The stuff you see on YouTube etc is from the other end of the spectrum and comparing the two things is like the local cubs first go at football compared to the Brazilian National Soccer Team.

Gbat

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

https://youtu.be/jWwPg8ruxfI"

Poor bugger; That is truly tragic. There was a comment on the video on YouTube which sums up my feelings entirely after watching it:

‘This video did a great job of changing my interest in cave exploration from 1% to 0%’

Never truer words spoken. I’ll stick to above ground

over a year ago

Poor bugger; That is truly tragic. There was a comment on the video on YouTube which sums up my feelings entirely after watching it:

‘This video did a great job of changing my interest in cave exploration from 1% to 0%’

Never truer words spoken. I’ll stick to above ground "

Same. Can’t imagine what he went through. Knowing the rescuers were there and they couldn’t get him out. When they say he was trapped upside down in a tunnel smaller than the opening on your washing machine. Oh my god. Did you do what I did and stick your head inside your washing machine?

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Never truer words spoken. I’ll stick to above ground

Same. Can’t imagine what he went through. Knowing the rescuers were there and they couldn’t get him out. When they say he was trapped upside down in a tunnel smaller than the opening on your washing machine. Oh my god. Did you do what I did and stick your head inside your washing machine?"

I’d never fit in mine other than a foot maybe but the very thought of being trapped in such a confined, constricted space in total darkness and underground, absolutely fills me with dread

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I've been caving and potholing before, when I had two functional legs. It was good fun!

over a year ago

Yes, and still no!"

Is that the one where at the end you don't know if it was all in her head what happened?

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"The underwater, subterranean cavern one’s freak me out the most.

Divers trying to squeeze through tight crevices whilst wearing a bulky oxygen tank that at any moment might get wedged between the walls…..fuck’eth that! "

The average life expectancy of an exploratory cave diver is apparently 10 dives ...

Mr

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Yes, and still no!

Is that the one where at the end you don't know if it was all in her head what happened?"

*Spoilers* She escapes from the cave system at the end but in a final cruel twist, it is revealed that her actual escape was all in her head and she’s still deep in the cave, surrounded by the flesh eating cave dwellers The US Theatrical release differs however and ends on a more upbeat note in that our heroine DOES escape and it isn’t a dream (they omitted the UK ending)

*Sequel Spoiler* Yes, there was a lesser known sequel (which isn’t nearly as good as the original) but in this one our heroine is shown to have escaped after all but is forced to go back down into the caves with a new group. As I recall, she gets killed in the end. (Sorry that was another rather major spoiler!)

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"The underwater, subterranean cavern one’s freak me out the most.

Divers trying to squeeze through tight crevices whilst wearing a bulky oxygen tank that at any moment might get wedged between the walls…..fuck’eth that!

The average life expectancy of an exploratory cave diver is apparently 10 dives ...

Mr"

over a year ago

I couldnt do that, or watery caves, having to push your air tank through a crack in a rock before you. Utter terror!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Nope nooooo

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I've done Coasteering a couple of times which involves jumping off cliffs into the sea then swimming into caves and crawling your way through them, really enjoyed it. Can't say I'm taken by potholing though, the idea of getting trapped or lost down some previously unexplored system scares me.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

"I love watching videos of this stuff along with abandoned places, love watching urbex videos, especially old buildings and hospitals"

That's something I can get on board with, I've explored a few WW2 and cold war bunker and radar installations over the years, as well as abandoned houses, industrial sites and other places, it's fascinating and you get a bit of a buzz from it

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

I get claustrophobic playing Minecraft these days, seriously one time I was playing it with my lad, we were deep in some cave and I really felt claustrophobic. I had to take a break and remind myself it was just a game

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

"I get claustrophobic playing Minecraft these days, seriously one time I was playing it with my lad, we were deep in some cave and I really felt claustrophobic. I had to take a break and remind myself it was just a game "

Try playing it in VR, it's that feeling ten fold!

over a year ago

I thought Spelunking was going to be a new sexual activity I didnt know about

over a year ago

Nope nope and nope. Watching "the decent" freaks me out and thats got nothing to do with the monsters.

Also the Cave divers. Don't get me wrong there are some beautiful crystal cavens but I'm not going to swim thought a tiny crevice to get there.

Unless it's Nick Cave then I want nothing to do with them.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"But this recreational activity gives me huge anxiety when I watch videos about it.

I didn’t even know I was that claustrophobic until I seen this videos.

Spelunking is the exploration of caves normally underground and tunnels and some of them are very tight!

I was in Dunelm earlier with my friend and I was on amongst the hanging rugs cos I like to smell mew carpet smells and she closed the rack so I was trapped inside. Like that scene in 13 ghosts when the walls close in around her. Anyway it made me imagine what it would be like to do this mad bonkers recreational activity and wondered if anybody does it on here?

If anyone wants to know what I mean watch the nutty putty death of John jones video on YouTube or any video on spelunking and see if it makes you feel anxious like it does to me. "

and there was me thinking it meant sitting in a trifle!!

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

I have partaken in caving, squeezing into wet tunnels just big enough to squeeze through lying down dragging yourself by your elbows. It was a very nice experience. Though I’m weird like that because I like being squished and squeezed

over a year ago

"I have partaken in caving, squeezing into wet tunnels just big enough to squeeze through lying down dragging yourself by your elbows. It was a very nice experience. Though I’m weird like that because I like being squished and squeezed "
safe words don't work here tho !

Fair plays ... Not for me!

over a year ago

I've done some caving but it was tame and the gaps weren't small. I could never do it underwater though or if I had to really squeeze. The most I had to do was crouch or crawl and that was my limit.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I panicked getting stuck in a zip up onesie.

I'd like to see some lovely, big caverns but I wouldn't be able to put a foot over the threshold.

Spelunking sounds like my idea of hell.

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

"I have partaken in caving, squeezing into wet tunnels just big enough to squeeze through lying down dragging yourself by your elbows. It was a very nice experience. Though I’m weird like that because I like being squished and squeezed safe words don't work here tho !

Fair plays ... Not for me!"

Don’t fancy delving into a tight spot?

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I’ve nearly had a panic attack reading some of the replies, I’m terribly claustrophobic, I can’t even watch films/dramas where people get stuck underwater or in tight spaces, my chest goes tight and I have a dreaded feeling come over me

over a year ago

"I have partaken in caving, squeezing into wet tunnels just big enough to squeeze through lying down dragging yourself by your elbows. It was a very nice experience. Though I’m weird like that because I like being squished and squeezed safe words don't work here tho !

Don’t fancy delving into a tight spot? "

sold. safe word is spelunk

over a year ago

"I have partaken in caving, squeezing into wet tunnels just big enough to squeeze through lying down dragging yourself by your elbows. It was a very nice experience. Though I’m weird like that because I like being squished and squeezed "

This is a description of of sex - yes

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

I've done it and enjoyed it immensely.

I don't suffer from claustrophobia or agrophobia.

My most memorable event was being shown a tunnel, where an underground stream stormed through. It was approx 6ft wide.

If you stood at the mouth of the tunnel, only your head would be above water.

The idea was to take a deep breath of air, and then in pitch black, let the current carry you 25' feet underwater along the tunnel, until it opened in to a cave the other side.

So you had to feel with your hands on the roof of the tunnel to know when it started to raise, and there would be air there.

Yes, we had to sign pretty heavy disclaimers. Others in the group could elect to walk around the obstruction and meet the group some time later on the other side.

I did the "challenge", and on the other side were all these guys fist-bumping each other and willy-waving.

I was like "Really ? Whatever." and I left them to it to go explore some more.

(Well, until the guide called me back !)

But yes, loved it. I've never known a sense of inner peace and calm since being 1/4 mile underground in a completely dark cave. Just wished I could have gone solo.

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

Don’t fancy delving into a tight spot? sold. safe word is spelunk "

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

"I have partaken in caving, squeezing into wet tunnels just big enough to squeeze through lying down dragging yourself by your elbows. It was a very nice experience. Though I’m weird like that because I like being squished and squeezed

This is a description of of sex - yes "

Actually I didn’t think of that

over a year ago

"I love watching videos of this stuff along with abandoned places, love watching urbex videos, especially old buildings and hospitals

That's something I can get on board with, I've explored a few WW2 and cold war bunker and radar installations over the years, as well as abandoned houses, industrial sites and other places, it's fascinating and you get a bit of a buzz from it "

I love that! You do get a buzz from it, I like to zone out and feel the energies there. Some are really sad, especially if it's houses. There is one called Red Dress Manor near me, everything left even cars in the garage still

over a year ago

Don’t fancy delving into a tight spot? sold. safe word is spelunk

"

I will bring the ginger and cling film !

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

Don’t fancy delving into a tight spot? sold. safe word is spelunk

I will bring the ginger and cling film !"

Perfect, my idea of a fun evening

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I love adrenalin activities, so of course I've been caving.

Being deep underground with nothing but a head torch awakens all your senses.

I got my hips wedged in a tight crevice once though - that freaked me out.

I've slid down into a shaft, filling with water, where the only way out was where the water went - through the floor, swimming under the rock, with no air gap til it opened into a cavern. Admittedly, I was pretty scared. It's been one of my mind-blowing moments in life.

I wanted to go again this summer and take my kids (with an expert), dates just didn't work out.

Yeah, I love head fuck stuff

C

over a year ago

Done a bungee when younger also tried skydiving ! Had no problem with jumping out plane but nearly shit myself on bungee lol

Post new Message to Thread