Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What are your hobbies...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What are your hobbies, and how did you get into them?

I don't really have any hobbies as such, I have lots of things that interest me but nothing I particularly invest a lot of time, effort or money into so it always intrigues me what others do as a hobby and why.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"What are your hobbies, and how did you get into them?

I don't really have any hobbies as such, I have lots of things that interest me but nothing I particularly invest a lot of time, effort or money into so it always intrigues me what others do as a hobby and why. "

Why don’t you have hobbies? What do you do do with the spare time? Wolf don’t you just having one?

People that don’t have hobbies always confuse me. Is existing a hobby?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ice hockey and music/song writing. I’ve been playing music since 2nd year high school but have been falling out of love with it for the last 6 years so 6 years ago I got into ice hockey to take my mind away from it all

over a year ago

I don't really have any hobbies as such, I have lots of things that interest me but nothing I particularly invest a lot of time, effort or money into so it always intrigues me what others do as a hobby and why.

Why don’t you have hobbies? What do you do do with the spare time? Wolf don’t you just having one?

People that don’t have hobbies always confuse me. Is existing a hobby? "

I have plenty that fills my spare time thank you. But anyway what are your hobbies and how did you get into them?

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

I have golf and collecting vinyl

Both are a complete waste of money but they make me happy

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

People that don’t have hobbies always confuse me. Is existing a hobby?

I have plenty that fills my spare time thank you. But anyway what are your hobbies and how did you get into them?"

How strange

Just sports really. Struggle finding enough time to fit them in

over a year ago

"Ice hockey and music/song writing. I’ve been playing music since 2nd year high school but have been falling out of love with it for the last 6 years so 6 years ago I got into ice hockey to take my mind away from it all "

Wow! Am always fascinated with how people write songs or poetry for that matter even books because I'm just not a writer.

over a year ago

"Ice hockey and music/song writing. I’ve been playing music since 2nd year high school but have been falling out of love with it for the last 6 years so 6 years ago I got into ice hockey to take my mind away from it all

Wow! Am always fascinated with how people write songs or poetry for that matter even books because I'm just not a writer. "

Nor am I at the moment it’s become a real struggle putting down words. The music part is easy

over a year ago

Right now I have no time for hobbies. Although when I do I like to get out for long walks, read or cross stitch.

I used to ride horses as a hobby, wish I kept at it!

over a year ago

"Ice hockey and music/song writing. I’ve been playing music since 2nd year high school but have been falling out of love with it for the last 6 years so 6 years ago I got into ice hockey to take my mind away from it all

Wow! Am always fascinated with how people write songs or poetry for that matter even books because I'm just not a writer.

Nor am I at the moment it’s become a real struggle putting down words. The music part is easy "

Do you think it's something you will ever get back into or learn to love again?

over a year ago

Nor am I at the moment it’s become a real struggle putting down words. The music part is easy

Do you think it's something you will ever get back into or learn to love again?"

Fingers crossed as I’ve an entire stage set up in my house that’s kinda going to waste

over a year ago

"I have golf and collecting vinyl

Both are a complete waste of money but they make me happy "

One of my best friends collects vinyls and spends hours in old record shops. He has a few that are worth quite of money but said he would never part with them because it's all about the thrill of the find for him.

over a year ago

"Right now I have no time for hobbies. Although when I do I like to get out for long walks, read or cross stitch.

I used to ride horses as a hobby, wish I kept at it!"

Do you think horse riding is something you would ever get back into?

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

I have lots of hobbies, from music to sport to crafting! Sitting down isn’t really my thing, I like to keep busy Miss pc

over a year ago

"I have lots of hobbies, from music to sport to crafting! Sitting down isn’t really my thing, I like to keep busy Miss pc"

See I listen to music and go out with friends, Watch TV, Read, go to the gym but I don't really see tham as hobbies.

I guess I was thinking more about something people invest a lot of time effort and money in.

over a year ago

Diving

Both scuba and free, Motorcycling,

As above I used to play drums but fell out of love with the Glasgow music scene.

Picked up a set of sticks last week but not getting the groove

over a year ago

"Diving

As above I used to play drums but fell out of love with the Glasgow music scene.

Picked up a set of sticks last week but not getting the groove "

Such interesting hobbies.

Do you know why you fell out of love with it?

over a year ago

Reading, average 2-3 books a month.

To quote George RR Martin:

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. A man who never read A lives but one. "

Jojen Reed - A Dance With Dragons

over a year ago

Work is a hobby to me

Also gym

Musics

Movies and tv shows

And a big fight fan

over a year ago

"Right now I have no time for hobbies. Although when I do I like to get out for long walks, read or cross stitch.

I used to ride horses as a hobby, wish I kept at it!

Do you think horse riding is something you would ever get back into?"

I'd love to get back into it although I don't think I'm as nimble as I used to be! I would love to get back onto a heavy horse.

over a year ago

"Reading, average 2-3 books a month.

To quote George RR Martin:

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. A man who never read A lives but one. "

Jojen Reed - A Dance With Dragons

"

The George RR Martin quote is my favourite.

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Sailing and walking for us

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I read a lot, (just finished my 52 book challenge for the year), I like cooking, listening to music and walking, but I tend to think of them more as pastimes rather than hobbies, though I’m not sure I could define the difference, so I’m not sure I have any hobbies as such.

over a year ago

Singing, Photography and Make up.

I've always loved singing

Lockdown got me into photography

Make up started getting more serious during lockdown and doing challenges with friends to create looks based on colours or themes

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I don't really have any hobbies as such, I have lots of things that interest me but nothing I particularly invest a lot of time, effort or money into so it always intrigues me what others do as a hobby and why. "

Boats, and bikes.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

My main hobby is dancing. I started as an active class one evening a week, something a bit different to step, spin etc...I was truly hooked on it after my first show

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I’m so dull my main hobby is reading… I’m a quiet soul

over a year ago

"Diving

Picked up a set of sticks last week but not getting the groove "

Played Glasgow a good few times and there was always hassle or something not going to plan

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

My main thing is playing the piano. Unfortunately we are currently living in a flat where I can't have my piano, so I'm playing a lot of guitar instead at the moment.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I don’t have any.

I’ve lost interest in everything I’ve done in the past, nothing new interests me and as I’m usually busy with work and home stuff until 8-9pm most days, there’s little time to do anything anyway.

The closest I get is watching F1.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I don't have hobbies. It grieves me in job interviews or when I start a new contract, it's something I get asked a lot and I have nothing to talk about.

I read, I go out for meals, I go to galleries and museums, I do a lot of courses but none of that feels like a hobby.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Golf. Got into it and a an alternative means of catching up with friends, that didn’t involve just eating and drinking.

over a year ago

My hobbies change often because I get bored easily. At the moment, I'm into clay pigeon shooting and restoring a 1930's tractor. Long-time Star Trek memorabilia collector too.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Painting

Making clothes

Make up

over a year ago

All my hobbies have gone by the way side…. Not sure baby swim classes and music classes can count

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I took up dancing 10 years ago and in lockdown took up airsoft I always have something going on.

Being single you need to. I got into dancing through seeing a newspaper article in the 80s and went to a club in Carnaby St.

Had a break and got into re enactment and often had a dance night after shows. Took up lessons got into Ceroc West Coast Swing and Tango.

Tool up airsoft on a whim and it kept me occupied during lockdown as these were open between events and dancingbhas only started up again.

over a year ago

"I don't have hobbies. It grieves me in job interviews or when I start a new contract, it's something I get asked a lot and I have nothing to talk about.

I read, I go out for meals, I go to galleries and museums, I do a lot of courses but none of that feels like a hobby."

Yeah that's exactly how I feel it's not like I'm not into things I just don't have something that will grip my attention for a long period of time.

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We became medieval reenactors after seeing a group at a country fair - we joined them before starting our own group.

We were introduced to steampunk at a Christmas party held by reenactment friends.

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

We travel country in camper van, exploring, campsites, countryside, canals, rivers kayaking, paddle boarding, pubs, taking dog for walk. Oh and annoying the the crap out of forums, cos I'm still breathing

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I have always been interested in baking right back to when I licked the bowl out as a kid.

As my motorsport interests ground to a halt after 40 years competing,marshalling and spectating I tended to drift into Baking and Jam making which is where I am now, and I must say am thoroughly enjoying myself.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Army reserve, I get paid quite well for it too

Other than that I'm into my computer games on PC and PS5, hiking, weight training, mountain biking, playing guitar, watching films, a bit of paintball every now and again and going to live music events.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Dancing.. I started when I was 2, (I think my mum sent me along for some peace and quiet)

Over the years I went on to attend Scottish Ballet, attend dance college, dance at the opening of the Millennium Dome and be in many theatre productions.

I now teach and I absolutely love it, it will always be my passion and I can’t imagine a time where I won’t do dance in some form xx

over a year ago

Hubby loves mk2 cavs and modifying cars. I'm in to card making, sewing, anything crafty really.

over a year ago

"I took up dancing 10 years ago and in lockdown took up airsoft I always have something going on.

Being single you need to. I got into dancing through seeing a newspaper article in the 80s and went to a club in Carnaby St.

Had a break and got into re enactment and often had a dance night after shows. Took up lessons got into Ceroc West Coast Swing and Tango.

Tool up airsoft on a whim and it kept me occupied during lockdown as these were open between events and dancingbhas only started up again."

What style of dancing do you do? I wish I could dance, but sadly I have one left foot.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I’m so dull my main hobby is reading… I’m a quiet soul "

Oh bugger I actually forgot about baking… the bloody thing I do the most!!! No idea where my brain is today

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

"I have golf and collecting vinyl

Both are a complete waste of money but they make me happy

One of my best friends collects vinyls and spends hours in old record shops. He has a few that are worth quite of money but said he would never part with them because it's all about the thrill of the find for him. "

Its addictive some I don't even play

By *haggydogMan
over a year ago

Brooklands/London

Learning piano at the moment. Via YouTube. I already play a few other instruments. And was a pro musician in my younger days.

over a year ago

I like hunting for treasures at car boot sales and flea markets.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Running is probably my biggest though I'd like it to be climbing. Sadly this involves coordinating free time and travel whereas running is from the front door. I also like SUP and mtb (not very good at the latter) anything to do with being outdoors really.

Mr

over a year ago

Paddleboarding, surfing (fair weather only!) And lifting heavy shit at the gym

Can I count sex as a hobby too?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Photography

Squash

Pestering women on here for food

over a year ago

Mine is writing & recording music & playing instruments.

I've recently got an MPC one which is a machine you can create and record sound patterns on repeatedly- until you have a full song. I've put a clip of it on my public videos for anyone to watch. .It's pretty different to playing a guitar or piano or drums (which i normally do)..a different approach to writing songs.

over a year ago

Exercising, especially running and swimming. Reading. I like knitting wooly hats when I have time. Walking. Procrastinating.

over a year ago

To answer the 2nd question..how I got into them, my dad made take piano lessons when i was very young. (i didn't like it though at the time, I think i was too young to appreciate it..)

over a year ago

Dressmaking, cooking, exercise, dancing, gardening, walking, listening to music /books,

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Lego - needed a distraction while off work following surgery a few years back and its stayed with me.

BDSM - Not sure you can call some kinks a hobby, but the amount of time money and effort put into them it certainly feels like it.

Other things I enjoy, eating, sleeping etc. I wouldn’t call hobbies.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/10/21 16:13:53]

over a year ago

Walking, climbing and getting my arse out running. Trying to lift heavy things while out walking

Throwing axes and planning trips away

over a year ago

I’m learning Greek, have been for a couple of years now and I love it.

I play the piano.

I love going to the gym, cycling and swimming.

I love reading and sadly, I love a good arrow word.

I love travel and I love going to the beach.

over a year ago

CrossFit and circuits classes

Drinking coffee in coffee shops

Walking the dog

over a year ago

Golf

Hill walking

Fishing

Talking nonsense

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

Camping, photography, collecting old cameras, collecting vinyl records.

Camping was an early positive childhood memory, rekindled by my wife when we first met

I learned to use a fully manual camera aged five and haven't looked back.

I had a stack of 45s before I could even read

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Gaming

Carpentry

Horse riding

Day trading

Sleeping

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Cats, I used to do cat rescue.

Baking, thanks to lockdown boredom.

Plants thanks to my neighbour giving me a spider plant and some tradescantia cuttings.

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Field hockey

Writing shite poetry

Reading every book I can get my hands on

over a year ago

He has lots of interests and I have none unless you consider owning cats is a hobby.

over a year ago

Writing songs and singing. I feel free when I sing.

What are your interests then OP?

over a year ago

"I’m so dull my main hobby is reading… I’m a quiet soul

Oh bugger I actually forgot about baking… the bloody thing I do the most!!! No idea where my brain is today "

Nothing dull about reading.

over a year ago

Mr. I play guitar well kinda play lol. Ride motor bikes if call that a hobby. Buy old bits of furniture and restore or upcycle them. Reading when I book grabs my attention. Walking a crazy young Beagle

Mrs. love making things with material also recently bought an amazing embroidery machine so keeps her self busy in her craft room

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 28/10/21 22:16:29]

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Gardening is my first love - it’s my escape and I like to potter.

Classic cars since I now own one have become the latest interest

I’m quite handy with crafts - cards / paper / ribbon etc

Interior design - my rooms are forever being tweaked and changed around "

over a year ago

Interior design - my rooms are forever being tweaked and changed around "

Oh if I'd known that I would have asked you to be my wedding Chauffeur.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Up till last year I did a lot of 1940s re-enactment.

No I bake

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Interior design - my rooms are forever being tweaked and changed around

Oh if I'd known that I would have asked you to be my wedding Chauffeur. "

It was my sister-in-laws wedding car but the insurance to do that (or proms) is hideous

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Up till last year I did a lot of 1940s re-enactment.

No I bake "

Oh I love 1940s stuff too!

over a year ago

I'm a burlesque dancer.

I started 2 years ago by going to a class. Absolutely loved it. I've made some incredible friends, gained so much confidence and performed as part of one of the biggest festivals in the world. Its now a bit part of my life.

Aside from that my other pastime is writing, comfort eating and attracting the wrong men!!

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Mrs KC - wheelchair sports (basketball, track racing), gym, horse riding

Mr KC - painting and collecting impossibly small toy soldiers

How did we get into them? I've ridden horses since I was a small child (2 ish) but stopped when I was pregnant and never started again. Then found a place nearby that specialises in riding for people with disabilities, so got back into it. Wheelchair sports - weirdly got into it through work. Obviously acquiring a disability was also central to it!

Mr KC - has collected his little soldiers since he was a young child because his dad is also a collector and painter of models.

By *arl17Man
over a year ago

Central Portugal

Dog Walking

Trying to keep fit’ish

Beer n fags lol

See what’s next... u never know x

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Ride motorbikes as my hobby, in the evenings playing games or watching films.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Riding and racing motorbikes is my main hobby. I ride most days and have spent tens of thousands of pounds on them over the years.I own 8 bikes, 6 of which I ride when I can.

I raced last weekend and this weekend I'm going off roading. I've even ride bikes to visit clubs. I also run my own business to do with bikes.

If I need to escape motorbikes, I'll go and watch some cricket.

over a year ago

Bending over and taking cocks both ends balls deep and hard. Got into them by dolling up and looking like a cheap SLUT.

By *jekimMan
over a year ago

Wigan

I confess to I have no hobbies at present was always into downhill mountain biking an camping in places most people can't get but due to body failure had to stop so any safe suggestions would be welcomed

over a year ago

I don't have any, unless you call sitting on my phone wasting my time playing toy blast a hobby? I try and get into reading, I was given 20 or so books last year and have only read one, I have a painting to finish I started in the summer and loads of stuff I could do round the house we moved into in march but here we are.

I'd love something I could really enjoy but haven't found anything yet, apart from collecting books that I won't read.

Doughnut collects dungeons and dragons stuff, dice and so on.

Danish x

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

My hobbies are live music and geek pursuits… Mainly Heavy Metal and Warhammer 40K…

over a year ago

Military Aviation Photography.. Been at Airshows since I was a few months old, started taking photos from about 6yrs old, then in 2014 I dropped the Airshows and started going to the Mach Loop in Wales.. Something gratifying taking a decent shot of an American Warbird flying past you at 530mph below where you're stood !! Now getting into People Photography

over a year ago

"Military Aviation Photography.. Been at Airshows since I was a few months old, started taking photos from about 6yrs old, then in 2014 I dropped the Airshows and started going to the Mach Loop in Wales.. Something gratifying taking a decent shot of an American Warbird flying past you at 530mph below where you're stood !! Now getting into People Photography "

The Hercules always do it for me there. One of the best videos on you tube for me is the Mach Loop Hercules formation 4K.

over a year ago

"

The Hercules always do it for me there. One of the best videos on you tube for me is the Mach Loop Hercules formation 4K. "

I missed that by 1 day! Same as the Lightnings, Raptors and C17!

over a year ago

My hobbies are sex and crafting but not the same time lol

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

I guess my main hobby would be woodcarving even though I don't do it much! I like walking too if that counts... Mr

over a year ago

Horses (lucky to have a job that is also my hobby), shooting, diving, fishing and climbing trees!!

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I guess mine woukd be reading, Indian cooking and the lasers.

The latter started as a hobby, but with the right guidance its becoming a career

Im off to Bristol tonight running them from 11 till 4am. Then a club in Coventry on sat. Lifes pretty cool right now

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I go walking regularly and I love taking photos while I’m out and about. I write poetry sometimes when the mood takes me.

over a year ago

Textiles, sewing, knitting, felting, making all kinds of weird stuff with fabrics.

Jive tap.

Recently been getting into photography a bit.

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Walking, camping and dress making

over a year ago

Photography and videography. I've also played around with stop motion animation a little. I create little films of places I have been to or featuring family.

over a year ago

Well, I like to get a bag of peanut M&M’s then carefully remove the peanut then place them in a jar. It is painstakingly difficult, but so very satisfying . I am thinking about upping my game and starting to remove the cheese from a Macdonalds cheese burger!

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

golf use to love fishing might have a go again next summer

over a year ago

"Bending over and taking cocks both ends balls deep and hard. Got into them by dolling up and looking like a cheap SLUT. "

Hiya

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/10/21 12:43:55]

over a year ago

mainly angling can get very selfish with it, i was planning to be out this autumn/winter but that didn't happen so instead of messing around doing the odd day here and there, i'm prepping for the new year, i do specimen angling once you start it can be very hard to come away from, even had a lake owner in the early summer ask me when i was planning on next going home

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"I don't have hobbies. It grieves me in job interviews or when I start a new contract, it's something I get asked a lot and I have nothing to talk about.

I read, I go out for meals, I go to galleries and museums, I do a lot of courses but none of that feels like a hobby.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel it's not like I'm not into things I just don't have something that will grip my attention for a long period of time. "

I think rather than hobbies yiu have pastimes. Things yiu do when yiur not working. I read like people breath and I classify it as a hobby so you fine

over a year ago

Motorsport and collecting die cast models.

over a year ago

Baking, long baths and shopping for things for my house

By *drian HardthrobMan
over a year ago

Worcester

Hobbies include walking by a crowded bars on a Friday night, seeing people dancing and having a good time, and thinking to myself, "that looks fucking dreadful."

By *ronmant16Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

I keep bees, not sure if it's classed as a hobby or not ( It must be as I don't do it for a living) but all I know is I get tons of free honey

Oh and stung regularly

over a year ago

I'm a keen organ/keyboard player,not especially good at it but a great way to unwind after a stressful day. Better than sex in some ways,I can do it when I feel the need & it doesn't say it's got a head ache or not in the mood ! And the pleasure if not as intense lasts longer.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I'm a gamer I'm worse than a kid

By *eimdallMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Axe throwing, camping, art, gaming writing, bike riding......there's a few in there lol love trying new things

over a year ago

"Axe throwing, camping, art, gaming writing, bike riding......there's a few in there lol love trying new things "

You should check out the KATTA page we regularly have competitions including double bit.

Some amazing guys and girls throwing

over a year ago

Guitar playing and guitar modding, reading, swimming.

By *eimdallMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Axe throwing, camping, art, gaming writing, bike riding......there's a few in there lol love trying new things

You should check out the KATTA page we regularly have competitions including double bit.

Awesome I'll do that! Ty bródir always looking for a good socialise over a few splintered targets I'm looking at starting Glima soon which has peaked my interest

Some amazing guys and girls throwing "

Post new Message to Thread