Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weird or not

Jump to newest

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when children call their parents by their name instead of Mum or Dad??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arkbicrossMan
over a year ago

chingford

No u are defo not the only one I find that very strange also

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Yes mum

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I do to it’s very weird

over a year ago

Leeds

"Yes mum "

That deserves a spanking

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No it was never something I dared to do the weird one was my friends mum and dad who called each other mum and dad. That was odd

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

Yes I do, they are been disrespectful to their parents. Unless they are joking around and it's a one off.

over a year ago

I don't think it's weird at all. it's just how they choose to do it nothing strange.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Yes mum

That deserves a spanking "

Bring it on.

over a year ago

"Yes I do, they are been disrespectful to their parents. Unless they are joking around and it's a one off."

Doesn't mean it's disrespectful.

A friend of mine has always called his mother by her actual name but that was her choice she didn't want to be called mum.

over a year ago

Leeds

"Yes mum

That deserves a spanking

Bring it on. "

Get over my knee

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My brother's kids have always called their parents by their first name. I found it odd at first but it seems normal now. It is their name after all

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

It works for David Platt Hahaha

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Family 'banter' tradition

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Yes mum

That deserves a spanking

Bring it on.

Get over my knee "

Taxi to Leeds please.

over a year ago

I don't mind our kids calling us by our first names but we do prefer "Mum" or "Dad".

They're only young so I like that they know our names incase anything happened to us and they had to ring someone.

They do often pipe up out of nowhere "Daddy is called ******" or "Mummy is called *******". But never get our attention by our first names.

over a year ago

Leeds

"My brother's kids have always called their parents by their first name. I found it odd at first but it seems normal now. It is their name after all "

I get that...I know some who do it as the parents didn't want to feel 'old' x

over a year ago

The only time any of my kids are permitted to do that is if they need to shout my name in a shop or other public place. No use them shouting dad in Tesco.

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

My mates kids call her and her husband by their first name. I've always found it weird but she doesn't seemed bothered by it

over a year ago

Leeds

"The only time any of my kids are permitted to do that is if they need to shout my name in a shop or other public place. No use them shouting dad in Tesco. "

Good point

over a year ago

Yes it is weird. I still call my aunties Aunty

over a year ago

Leeds

"Yes it is weird. I still call my aunties Aunty "

I do that and same with uncles x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My brother's kids have always called their parents by their first name. I found it odd at first but it seems normal now. It is their name after all

I get that...I know some who do it as the parents didn't want to feel 'old' x"

Oh like people who don't want to be called nanny and grandad

My brother and three of his five adult children, their partners and their children all live on a farm, they have their own houses but a very close relationship. The grandchildren don't use their first names though

over a year ago

Could never do that and my own growm kids now it winds me up if they do it

over a year ago

When my boy was 3 his mum asked him "what's mummy's name?" He said "mummy."

She then asked "what's mummy's other name?" He replied "wife!"

I got told off

over a year ago

Leeds

"When my boy was 3 his mum asked him "what's mummy's name?" He said "mummy."

I got told off "

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Yes it is weird. I still call my aunties Aunty "

I come from a large family and several of my uncles and their wives are very close in age to me. I've never called them uncle or aunt, it would feel a bit odd

By *amv1995Man
over a year ago

luton

My son has started calling me by my first name, simply through hearing his step siblings call me it, at first i was unsure, but as times gone on it bothers me less.

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

We know a family where the kids call the mum and dad by their real names, it doesn’t get less weird every time we hear them say it haha! Miss Pc

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Don’t think I know anyone who does that. I’d probably think it a bit odd. My eldest calls me Marge sometimes. I must find out why .

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I got told off "

Could've been worse.

over a year ago

Dad when they want money !

Grandad to four boys

FIFA ultimate twice

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Don’t think I know anyone who does that. I’d probably think it a bit odd. My eldest calls me Marge sometimes. I must find out why . "

There's a very rude answer to that, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he means.

over a year ago

I got told off

"

He now has her name saved in his phone as "fun police" and sometimes calls her that. I teach him well

over a year ago

Leeds

I got told off

He now has her name saved in his phone as "fun police" and sometimes calls her that. I teach him well "

Everyone should have a dad like you

over a year ago

"Don’t think I know anyone who does that. I’d probably think it a bit odd. My eldest calls me Marge sometimes. I must find out why .

There's a very rude answer to that, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he means. "

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't find it strange. It is a made up title after all.

If that is what the parents want the kids to call them, then I see no issue. If the kids refuse to respect what their parents want to be called then that's different, and is disrespectful (so long as the parents are respectful themselves).

It is no different than an aunt or uncle not wanting to be called aunt or uncle, but by their first name.

over a year ago

"Yes it is weird. I still call my aunties Aunty

I come from a large family and several of my uncles and their wives are very close in age to me. I've never called them uncle or aunt, it would feel a bit odd"

Yeah I get that. That’s the other side of it Innit. Good question this

over a year ago

"I don't find it strange. It is a made up title after all.

If that is what the parents want the kids to call them, then I see no issue. If the kids refuse to respect what their parents want to be called then that's different, and is disrespectful (so long as the parents are respectful themselves).

Aren’t all titles made up? Or is that getting too philosophical for this time of day?

It is no different than an aunt or uncle not wanting to be called aunt or uncle, but by their first name. "

over a year ago

Not as weird as when I get a random message on here saying “ punish me Daddy “ I find that extremely weird and feel like telling them they are grounded for a week.

over a year ago

"Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when children call their parents by their name instead of Mum or Dad?? "

I call my dad by his name because I only met him a few years ago. Would never do that with my mum though.

over a year ago

Aren’t all titles made up? Or is that getting too philosophical for this time of day?

It is no different than an aunt or uncle not wanting to be called aunt or uncle, but by their first name. "

All my nieces call me Aunty, but that's a long running joke that I embrace

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I was brought up calling my step-dad by his first name, but once I realised how much he did for me as a child I've since called him 'Dad'.

By *ikAshCouple
over a year ago

London

"Not as weird as when I get a random message on here saying “ punish me Daddy “ I find that extremely weird and feel like telling them they are grounded for a week. "

Haha… I find that very weird!

over a year ago

"Dad"

"Good much?"

My kids call me Homer. No idea why.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Don’t think I know anyone who does that. I’d probably think it a bit odd. My eldest calls me Marge sometimes. I must find out why .

There's a very rude answer to that, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he means. "

. She. And it’s Marge from the Simpson’s lol.

Nice eh?!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Not as weird as when I get a random message on here saying “ punish me Daddy “ I find that extremely weird and feel like telling them they are grounded for a week. "

Here is a little thing to fuck with your head.

The origin of the word daddy is from prostitutes calling their pimps "daddy". It is a protective title.

It didn't originate at its current use of being a sole for a father.

over a year ago

Extremely weird X

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

There's a very rude answer to that, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he means.

. She. And it’s Marge from the Simpson’s lol.

Nice eh?!"

Does Marge like sucking cock then?

I must've missed that episode.

By *D of funCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Very weird... no respect

over a year ago

It is no different than an aunt or uncle not wanting to be called aunt or uncle, but by their first name.

All my nieces call me Aunty, but that's a long running joke that I embrace "

Brilliant

over a year ago

"Not as weird as when I get a random message on here saying “ punish me Daddy “ I find that extremely weird and feel like telling them they are grounded for a week.

The origin of the word daddy is from prostitutes calling their pimps "daddy". It is a protective title.

It didn't originate at its current use of being a sole for a father. "

Didn't believe that so I looked it up, and that use of the word didn't come into place until the end of the 17th century, but the original word's earliest recording dates back to the mid 16th century referring to the male parent.

over a year ago

I used to run a children's social club and my very young daughter would come to work with me. Everyone called me by my name, she started doing it and it stuck. I would get people pulling me up on it all the time saying "why does she call you ....." because it's my name was my response. When she turned 18 she started calling me mum for a bit. It switches back and forth now. It's never been an issue for me.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Not as weird as when I get a random message on here saying “ punish me Daddy “ I find that extremely weird and feel like telling them they are grounded for a week.

It didn't originate at its current use of being a sole for a father.

Didn't believe that so I looked it up, and that use of the word didn't come into place until the end of the 17th century, but the original word's earliest recording dates back to the mid 16th century referring to the male parent."

Dad may very well of been 1500, but daddy as a slang word originated with pimps and prostitutes.

"sexual use of ‘daddy’ dates at least as far back as 1681, which the Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang cited as the earliest use by prostitutes referring to pimps and older customers."

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

It doesn't really bother me. It wouldn't have occurred to me when I was a kid but I know one of my ex-colleagues encouraged her son to call her by name as she thought it was good for him to know she was a person as well as his mum.

My aunty and uncle call each other mum and dad though, and that does always jar slightly.

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when children call their parents by their name instead of Mum or Dad?? "

Not often that I’ve come across this.

My cousin used to call her dad by his name, but they were estranged - or at least only in distant contact. It might seem a little strange in everyday circumstances.

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

" I know one of my ex-colleagues encouraged her son to call her by name as she thought it was good for him to know she was a person as well as his mum.

."

I didn’t realise my parents were people in their own right until my early 20s. Just saw them simply as parents.

Strange but I doubt it’s uncommon.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I would never call any

Elders by their names

Post new Message to Thread