Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Netflix series YOU

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oh my good lord! Late for the party on this one but I’m just in series 2. I’m hooked.

What a narcissistic socio/psychopath. Jeeez. Weirdly reminds me of my ex!!! Minus the mass murder part. He thought he knew best.

It’s soooo good! And I love the narration.

Has anyone read the books? Are they worth a read?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Loved it! I thought the last series was the best . Haven’t read the books though.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have you watched Ozarks?

over a year ago

"Loved it! I thought the last series was the best . Haven’t read the books though. "

I am struggling with series 2 I must admit. It’s a tad slower than series one. I hope series 3 is good! X

over a year ago

"Have you watched Ozarks? "

Nope

over a year ago

"Have you watched Ozarks?

Nope "

It's better than sex

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Haven't read the books but the show is brilliant x

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Have you watched Ozarks? "

I tried that and couldn’t get into it. Maybe I should try again. People do rave about it.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
over a year ago

in the waves

I've not read the books either, but loved series 3! Disappointed I watched it all so quickly.

over a year ago

Nope

It's better than sex "

I found Sex very disappointing.

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"Loved it! I thought the last series was the best . Haven’t read the books though.

I am struggling with series 2 I must admit. It’s a tad slower than series one. I hope series 3 is good! X"

I’m late to the party too! I’m part way through season 2 and feel the same. I didn’t realise there were books, interested to hear of people rate them at all

over a year ago

Nope

It's better than sex

I found Sex very disappointing. "

Try it with a woman

over a year ago

Nope

It's better than sex

I found Sex very disappointing.

Try it with a woman "

OK but if she talks all the way through it and asks questions, I'm not going to be happy.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Season 1 of YOU was the best because it was new, and subtle, and not trying to top what it did previously.

The show is very wrong because you should not like him, everything we know about him is bad. Yet, you want him to win, you want him to succeed. Partially because who he comes up against are also bad.

Until season 3, not that it was bad, I just sort of got bored of the repeating pattern and I kind of stopped being in support of Joe. No longer wanting for him to succeed.

It walks a similar line to Dexter, you should not like this person but...

over a year ago

I tried that and couldn’t get into it. Maybe I should try again. People do rave about it. "

I watch it with glow sticks.

over a year ago

If anyone does read the books let me know as I am defooo keen to read them but won’t if they’re a total waste of money.

over a year ago

You know it’s time to hit the therapist when you actually entertain the idea of wanting somebody like Joe as a boyfriend x

… just saying…

Time to hit the speed dial number , again!!! X

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Season 1 of YOU was the best because it was new, and subtle, and not trying to top what it did previously.

The show is very wrong because you should not like him, everything we know about him is bad. Yet, you want him to win, you want him to succeed. Partially because who he comes up against are also bad.

Until season 3, not that it was bad, I just sort of got bored of the repeating pattern and I kind of stopped being in support of Joe. No longer wanting for him to succeed.

It walks a similar line to Dexter, you should not like this person but... "

Don’t forget, the new series of Dexter starts on Monday, November 8 at 10pm on Sky Atlantic

over a year ago

"You know it’s time to hit the therapist when you actually entertain the idea of wanting somebody like Joe as a boyfriend x

… just saying…

Time to hit the speed dial number , again!!! X "

I think that’s the whole point it’s the fact he’s such a good bad boy. You build empathy with him. The narrative he gives of why he’s doing the things he does shows how easy it is to gaslight someone. It’s scary. It was a real eye opener for me. Loved it though and he is a bit fit.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Season 1 of YOU was the best because it was new, and subtle, and not trying to top what it did previously.

It walks a similar line to Dexter, you should not like this person but...

Don’t forget, the new series of Dexter starts on Monday, November 8 at 10pm on Sky Atlantic "

My expectations are low after the final season. I shall watch but will love to be proven wrong.

over a year ago

I've not read the books but I'm up to date with You..and still think of Joe as the good guy

Agree with the above post regarding Ozarks

One of the best I've seen

Can't wait for it to return in January I think it is

An gutted it's the last season of it

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

There's enough narcissistic psychopaths on here thank you very much. Lol

over a year ago

"You know it’s time to hit the therapist when you actually entertain the idea of wanting somebody like Joe as a boyfriend x

… just saying…

I think that’s the whole point it’s the fact he’s such a good bad boy. You build empathy with him. The narrative he gives of why he’s doing the things he does shows how easy it is to gaslight someone. It’s scary. It was a real eye opener for me. Loved it though and he is a bit fit. "

I mean he genuinely cares until you start behaving in a way that isn’t good for him anymore or that gets him exposed

Total fitty tho x

WOULD!!!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

… just saying…

I think that’s the whole point it’s the fact he’s such a good bad boy. You build empathy with him. The narrative he gives of why he’s doing the things he does shows how easy it is to gaslight someone. It’s scary. It was a real eye opener for me. Loved it though and he is a bit fit. "

Exactly. The way it is constructed, the very fact it is from his PoV tricks you, puts him in a better light than if you were viewing him from the outside.

He is not a bad person, his overall in personality outside of his actual issues is... Desirable in most people.

over a year ago

I started watching season one the other day and am enjoying, in fact I am going to watch am episode now whilst cwtched under a blanket

NBVN x

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Somehow I hadn't heard of this till a couple of weeks ago.

Going to start as soon as I finish Locke and Key season 2

over a year ago

"I started watching season one the other day and am enjoying, in fact I am going to watch am episode now whilst cwtched under a blanket

NBVN x"

Budge over I’ll bring snacks xx

over a year ago

"I started watching season one the other day and am enjoying, in fact I am going to watch am episode now whilst cwtched under a blanket

NBVN x

Budge over I’ll bring snacks xx"

Deal

NBVN x

over a year ago

Didn’t like series 2, loved series 3.

Read all the books but the story is very different from book 2 onwards. The books are better.

Post new Message to Thread