Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bisexual

Jump to newest

By *exyLeeLee OP   Woman
over a year ago

leeds

What is your understanding of the word bisexual... To me a bisexual person is some one who would happily pursue a relationship with either gender.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Interesting question. If your interpretation is correct though then I’m not bisexual. Be interested to see the replies x

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes they like Male and female

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I think it's more about who somebody is sexually attracted to. Relationships are not necessarily part of it. Plenty of people are attracted to both sexes but would only have a relationship with one.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Someone who would engage in sexual activity with either gender.

over a year ago

You can be bisexual and biromantic. Bisexual is a purely sexual thing bi romantic you can be in a relationship with either sex.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

[Removed by poster at 27/10/21 21:56:23]

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I think it's more about who somebody is sexually attracted to. Relationships are not necessarily part of it. Plenty of people are attracted to both sexes but would only have a relationship with one. "

Yes. This is me

By *ave1976XXXMan
over a year ago

newmarket

Interesting. I’d say im bi but I won’t have a same sex relationship. Don’t find men attractive but same sex fun is awesome

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Has attraction to two or more genders. That’s the definition that was originally used in the 70’s when the LGBTQ (LGB at the time) was formed.

If you’re 50/50 or 99/1 you’re still bisexual

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I will have sex with men or women and preferably a mmf or mff but would never have a relationship with a man ever

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I will have sex with men or women and preferably a mmf or mff but would never have a relationship with a man ever "

Why???

over a year ago

"You can be bisexual and biromantic. Bisexual is a purely sexual thing bi romantic you can be in a relationship with either sex. "

I’d agree with this.

I think it’s someone who finds either genders more or less equally attractive.

Tho one can prefer to be romantic with one gender only (say only with women) while still engaging in men on men activity.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I will have sex with men or women and preferably a mmf or mff but would never have a relationship with a man ever

Why???"

I wouldn’t though _asmeen. I’ve always wondered if bisexual was the right word for me. If I never went with a woman again it wouldn’t bother me and I’d never want a proper relationship with a woman. Referring to Tea’s comment. I’m probably a 99/1 but I like sex with women so I call myself bisexual.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I will have sex with men or women and preferably a mmf or mff but would never have a relationship with a man ever

Why???

I wouldn’t though _asmeen. I’ve always wondered if bisexual was the right word for me. If I never went with a woman again it wouldn’t bother me and I’d never want a proper relationship with a woman. Referring to Tea’s comment. I’m probably a 99/1 but I like sex with women so I call myself bisexual. "

Your straight x

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Why???

I wouldn’t though _asmeen. I’ve always wondered if bisexual was the right word for me. If I never went with a woman again it wouldn’t bother me and I’d never want a proper relationship with a woman. Referring to Tea’s comment. I’m probably a 99/1 but I like sex with women so I call myself bisexual.

Your straight x"

How can I be though? I’m sexually attracted to women and have had sex with women and probably would again x

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"You can be bisexual and biromantic. Bisexual is a purely sexual thing bi romantic you can be in a relationship with either sex.

I’d agree with this.

Tho one can prefer to be romantic with one gender only (say only with women) while still engaging in men on men activity. "

What do you call someone who favours women and only selective guys?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I think it's more about who somebody is sexually attracted to. Relationships are not necessarily part of it. Plenty of people are attracted to both sexes but would only have a relationship with one.

Yes. This is me "

And me

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Why???

Your straight x

How can I be though? I’m sexually attracted to women and have had sex with women and probably would again x"

So you would never live with a woman x

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Why???

Your straight x

How can I be though? I’m sexually attracted to women and have had sex with women and probably would again x

So you would never live with a woman x"

Absolutely no x

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Why???

Your straight x"

attraction of any kind is still bisexual.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Why???

Your straight x

Absolutely no x "

So your

Experimental x

over a year ago

I’m straight in that I wouldn’t have sex with a woman or do anything sexual with a woman. If you would do anything sexual with someone of your same gender you’re not 100% straight.

By *inAndTonic21Couple
over a year ago

Merseyside

I thinks it’s attraction to men and women

over a year ago

"You can be bisexual and biromantic. Bisexual is a purely sexual thing bi romantic you can be in a relationship with either sex.

I’d agree with this.

Tho one can prefer to be romantic with one gender only (say only with women) while still engaging in men on men activity.

What do you call someone who favours women and only selective guys? "

I don’t know I’m not the one who likes to give out labels it should be you who label yourself

What does only selective guys mean? X

It’s still being on a bi scale. Bi curious if it’s once in a blue moon kinda thing I’d say. Jeez god knows x

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Why???

Your straight x

Absolutely no x

So your

Experimental x"

I wouldn’t even say that at this stage. Purely physically/sexually attracted to women.

over a year ago

A man or a woman who is sexually attracted to both sexes x

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Why???

Your straight x

Absolutely no x

So your

Experimental x

I wouldn’t even say that at this stage. Purely physically/sexually attracted to women. "

Just greedy then love

over a year ago

I’m physically and sexually attracted to women many thanks

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Why???

Your straight x

Absolutely no x

So your

Experimental x

I wouldn’t even say that at this stage. Purely physically/sexually attracted to women.

Just greedy then love "

I’ll go with that yeah

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I’m physically and sexually attracted to women many thanks "

Congratulations

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Why???

Your straight x

Absolutely no x

So your

Experimental x

Just greedy then love

I’ll go with that yeah "

over a year ago

"I’m physically and sexually attracted to women many thanks

Congratulations "

Why?

over a year ago

I thought bisexual was having a relationship with either gender and bicurious was having only a sexual relationship with the same sex?

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Congratulations

Why?"

Why not

over a year ago

Congratulations

Why?

Why not"

Because why

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I thought bisexual was having a relationship with either gender and bicurious was having only a sexual relationship with the same sex? "

See I thought bicurious was if you were attracted to same sex but hadn’t done anything about it .

And this is why I hate labels!

over a year ago

Also I’m straight and haven’t done anything sexual with a woman but I have to say I have had some thoughts about experimenting with a MF couple if there’s some good sexual vibe.

But I don’t know if it’s just a fantasy/curiosity or if it’s something that once in a blue moon, with the right components might happen.

I don’t think tho I could do a 1-on-1 with a woman at all tho, the man has to be a big part of it (she need the dick ) and I have to be very attracted to him.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Congratulations

Why?

Why not

Because why"

Because your penis gets hard

over a year ago

Bookmarked

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Congratulations

Why?

Why not

Because why

"

But not for a man

over a year ago

Congratulations

Why?

Why not

Because why

But not for a man "

Ahhhh now I see

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Congratulations

Why?

Why not

Because why

But not for a man "

True x

over a year ago

"I thought bisexual was having a relationship with either gender and bicurious was having only a sexual relationship with the same sex?

See I thought bicurious was if you were attracted to same sex but hadn’t done anything about it .

And this is why I hate labels! "

Ah see that makes more sense actually, you wouldn't be curious if you had actually done and liked it. Hmmm I'm with you on the labels, makes my head explode

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/10/21 22:19:45]

over a year ago

Attraction to men and women, that's what I always thought it meant anyway.

over a year ago

"I thought bisexual was having a relationship with either gender and bicurious was having only a sexual relationship with the same sex?

And this is why I hate labels! "

Yes or someone who does it in little sips. Like say someone who’s done something once and never again, I’d say bicurious

Labels are annoying as fuck x everyone interprets them differently x

By *rKinksMan
over a year ago

Alton

Depends on this sight of irl.

IRL relationship with either binary gender.

On this site to me:

Bisexual: penetrative sex with either

Bicurious: oral sex with either

over a year ago

I've never looked at a man and thought he was hot (mirrors excepted) but am guilty of a d*unken fumble.

Don't consider myself bi, but others will have a different opinion because I've tried something d*unk. Again that's the problem with labels and people's perceptions of labels.

Be happy and do what feels right for you in any given situation and don't sweat about nomenclature

over a year ago

"Depends on this sight of irl.

On this site to me:

Bicurious: oral sex with either"

Bi curious simply means you're "curious" about having sex with the same sex x

over a year ago

"I've never looked at a man and thought he was hot (mirrors excepted) but am guilty of a d*unken fumble.

Don't consider myself bi, but others will have a different opinion because I've tried something d*unk. Again that's the problem with labels and people's perceptions of labels.

Be happy and do what feels right for you in any given situation and don't sweat about nomenclature "

I don’t think you are bi if it was a d*unken fumble. Not even curious unless you felt curious about trying something with a man. Of course

The fact that it happened once and never again, says that you aren’t bi x my 5 cents

over a year ago

"What is your understanding of the word bisexual... To me a bisexual person is some one who would happily pursue a relationship with either gender. "

That's how I understand it too.

over a year ago

"Depends on this sight of irl.

On this site to me:

Bicurious: oral sex with either

Bi curious simply means you're "curious" about having sex with the same sex x"

Definition: Bi-curious is a term for a person, usually someone who is a heterosexual, who is curious or open about engaging in sexual activity with a person whose sex differs from that of their usual sexual partners.

over a year ago

"I've never looked at a man and thought he was hot (mirrors excepted) but am guilty of a d*unken fumble.

Be happy and do what feels right for you in any given situation and don't sweat about nomenclature

I don’t think you are bi if it was a d*unken fumble. Not even curious unless you felt curious about trying something with a man. Of course

The fact that it happened once and never again, says that you aren’t bi x my 5 cents "

And I'll probably get 500 messages from men any minute now that I've told that story!

over a year ago

I consider my bi i fancy guys and woman and love sex with both

over a year ago

I always understood it to be you are attracted to either sex. I was once under the "bi curious" heading but I've had many sexual encounters with women and I class myself as bi sexual. I don't think I'd ever have a romantic relationship with a woman though as I am very happy with Doughnut.

Danish x

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"I think it's more about who somebody is sexually attracted to. Relationships are not necessarily part of it. Plenty of people are attracted to both sexes but would only have a relationship with one.

Yes. This is me "

And me

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Curious means just that; curious about sex with the same gender as yourself.

Bisexual is if you engage in or feel sexual attraction to two or more genders.

It’s not about the attraction being equal or whether you would set up home together, it’s about feeling attraction to them.

It amazes me how much misunderstanding there is on here for saying how many bisexual people there are!

You don’t need to have had sex to be bisexual, you don’t need to prove your credentials and other people telling you that you’re not, isn’t important.

If you don’t want to call yourself that, that’s fine but it doesn’t mean that others can’t or won’t, because it’s what they are.

It’s really rather simple

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Yes. This is me

And me "

And me. Never dated a guy, not sure that I ever would. Many guys give me the ick but there are a few that I definitely fancy

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Sexual and romantic attraction are two separate things but because for the majority they align, we tend to refer to them as the same thing. It's the same as libido and sexual attraction. They're two separate drivers yet mostly referred to collectively as they go hand in hand for the majority. All of this caused me a lot of confusion growing up.

By *exyguy321Man
over a year ago

nottingham

"Someone who would engage in sexual activity with either gender."
. I enjoy sex with both especially if together as a couple

over a year ago

"Curious means just that; curious about sex with the same gender as yourself.

It’s not about the attraction being equal or whether you would set up home together, it’s about feeling attraction to them.

It amazes me how much misunderstanding there is on here for saying how many bisexual people there are!

You don’t need to have had sex to be bisexual, you don’t need to prove your credentials and other people telling you that you’re not, isn’t important.

If you don’t want to call yourself that, that’s fine but it doesn’t mean that others can’t or won’t, because it’s what they are.

It’s really rather simple "

But what if someone isn’t attracted but somehow engages into a sexual act once because say.. a situation

Particularly a three way where there’s 2 men and a woman.

over a year ago

All these discussions about labels and gender etc just make me think of the Bishop of Bath and Wells.

I'm a colossal pervert Blackadder. Animal, vegetable or mineral, I'll do anything TO anything'

Not knocking it all like, just makes me think of it

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

But what if someone isn’t attracted but somehow engages into a sexual act once because say.. a situation

Particularly a three way where there’s 2 men and a woman."

I’d say that there would have to be some form of attraction in order for the act to happen, otherwise it’s non consenting.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It’s not about the attractionbeing equal or whether you would set up home together, it’s about feeling attraction to them.

I’d say that there would have to be some form of attraction in order for the act to happen, otherwise it’s non consenting.

"

Not agreeing with that one ..

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It’s not about the attractionbeing equal or whether you would set up home together, it’s about feeling attraction to them.

Not agreeing with that one .."

Yeah I disagree too

By *aisyRayneCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"What is your understanding of the word bisexual... To me a bisexual person is some one who would happily pursue a relationship with either gender. "

It's about attraction. It doesn't even have to be sexual, otherwise that doesn't account for bisexual people who may also be asexual. You can be bisexual without being bi-romantic. Thank you for coming to our Ted talk.

over a year ago

I'm very happily married but have always had a thing for other girls so I fancy both men and women.

I have been with girls and loved it so I'm past curious, I would say that im bi sexual

over a year ago

"I think it's more about who somebody is sexually attracted to. Relationships are not necessarily part of it. Plenty of people are attracted to both sexes but would only have a relationship with one. "

over a year ago

"What is your understanding of the word bisexual... To me a bisexual person is some one who would happily pursue a relationship with either gender.

It's about attraction. It doesn't even have to be sexual, otherwise that doesn't account for bisexual people who may also be asexual. You can be bisexual without being bi-romantic. Thank you for coming to our Ted talk."

By *orwich SocialCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"Someone who would engage in sexual activity with either gender."

This, I think the clue is in the word biSEXUAL

over a year ago

Hmmmm A wide variety of replies to this feed and I thought it was a bit more obvious than some are stating.

I think I need a practical experiment where I can watch to fully understand

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

A word that empcompasses many but does not define all

By *ussylovermeMan
over a year ago

Douglas

I’d agree with this.

Tho one can prefer to be romantic with one gender only (say only with women) while still engaging in men on men activity. "

Yes this is me, I enjoy sex with men or women, though I prefer MMF or MMFF bi sex and I do engage in MM fun or MMM fun. On a sexual level it’s the personality I either like or don’t like and if on the same wavelength sexually then I’m happy to engage in sexual activity with them.

On a relationship level I would only consider a relationship with a woman.

By *idnight-Blue22Man
over a year ago

glasgow

For me it’s sexual attraction as I wouldn’t have a same sex relationship, but enjoy sex with both men and woman alike. It’s still having an interest to both so I consider myself bi

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

By *heron212Man
over a year ago

Croydon

Clearly, there is a misconception of what the word 'bisexual' means.

If you have engaged in sexual activity with someone of the same sex, then you have probably moved beyond 'bi-curious', particularly if it has been more than a one-off.

The problem is that society places a premium on heteronormative activity, and this is why many - especially men - don't want to apply that label to their lives in order to retain that privilege.

I know I am not the only person in here getting several messages from allegedly straight men!

over a year ago

Yes. This is me "

Yes this is me too.

Mrs

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Someone happy to have a sexual e4ncounter with either gender.

I think the clue is in the word biSEXUAL

over a year ago

Dunno. I’m

Attracted to females. Not bothered about genitals. If I feel that feeling for someone then that’s all I care about.

Not really bothered about what the label for that would be

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

It’s just a word.

But to me it centres on finding both males and females sexually attractive .

The term has become outdated, suggesting that there are only 2 options when it comes to gender.

And the whole practice of trying to neatly categorise people’s sexuality is just bogus to me.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Has attraction to two or more genders. That’s the definition that was originally used in the 70’s when the LGBTQ (LGB at the time) was formed.

If you’re 50/50 or 99/1 you’re still bisexual "

I don't see it as a binary, more of a continuum, so that proportional thing does come into play.

If you have completely hetero at one end and completely homosexual at the other, I'm towards the hetero end of that continuum, but I'm still along there, not completely straight.

I class myself as bi-curious. I have had one same-sex experience and I enjoyed it, but saying that I'm bisexual feels like overstating the case when I'm so predominantly drawn to men. I don't necessarily have an issue with labelling myself bisexual (hard to argue that I'm straight when I've been face down in another woman's muff), but it wouldn't feel an honest representation of my attraction.

over a year ago

"The problem is that society places a premium on heteronormative activity, and this is why many - especially men - don't want to apply that label to their lives in order to retain that privilege"

If you take sexuality to be a continuum then how bisexual would you need to be to make it worth the hassle of coming out?

I wouldn't want to tell all my friends and family that I was bisexual because I sometimes feel like exploring in an MMF, it'd be like announcing that I sometimes like a finger up my bum - neither a defining characteristic nor relevant to anyone I'm not sleeping with.

As far as biasing what people call themselves then you do have a point about heteronormativity, I didn't feel it was right to overgeneralise from those people who are "fab straight" though.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Been thinking of this

I always saw myself as straight but I have always been fairly comfortable in MMf gangbangs or groups with a lot.of clocks around me but never actively touched or allowed myself to be touched by a guy

Recently though I have been interested in becoming more involved with that side of things and would be open to play or be ayes with by guys in a group.

Confusing eh?

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I’d agree with this.

I am increasingly getting interested in experimenting in a group but cannot see myself in a serious Relationship with a bloke

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

"Been thinking of this

I always saw myself as straight but I have always been fairly comfortable in MMf gangbangs or groups with a lot.of clocks around me but never actively touched or allowed myself to be touched by a guy

Recently though I have been interested in becoming more involved with that side of things and would be open to play or be ayes with by guys in a group.

Confusing eh?"

I'm similar recently did fuck licking in an MMF and its was class.

This was my post in a similar thread -

I'm effectively straight I've never done anything with a guy previously. However I recently did fucking licking in an MMF and we also want to potentially do DP and DVP one day. For those reasons only I changed to bi curious due to the proximity and contact with another guy that those sex acts require.

I really feel sorry for those guys who actively enjoy sucking cocks who can't accept that they are bi-sexual, its really not a big deal just be honest with yourself. If more guys did that there would be less stigma.

If I ever found myself in an MMF and I sucked a guy off with my partner and enjoyed it enough to consider doing it again then I would definitely change from bi curious to be sexual.

KJ

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I was thinking about this just yesterday. I class myself as bisexual on here because there's nothing else that really describes my sexuality when it comes to the boxes to tick. I can't say I'm bi-curious, because I've already acted on my curiosity so to speak. But I wouldn't[t call myself bisexual in the sense you describe, as I definitely wouldn't pursue a relationship with a man - in fact I have very little interest in men apart from the in the context of MMF. So, I would personally describe myself as Hetexible. Basically, heterosexual but on the odd occasion I might desire a little extra naughtiness.

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 29/10/21 13:03:57]

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

OK, so for some reason the forum won't let me post the word that describes what I'm getting at.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

I’m attracted to men and woman, I’ve had sexual connections with both but only ever relationships with men.

I see woman as sexual partners and men as potential life partners - woman bring a different kind of touch, sensuality, excitement and I like exploring that from time to time, men bring different things it’s about variety for me, I don’t do labels, I just do what I enjoy xx

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I would be interested to know why many women find it so off-putting?

An echo of toxic masculinity, perhaps? Or some other assumption?

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm definitely bisexual but because sexual attraction and romantic attraction are generally seen as one and the same, it didn't dawn on me until my late 30s.

It turns out that I am heteromamtic but bisexual and that it is surprisingly prevalent.

My husband on the other hand is absolutely straight. He is comfortable with naked men but no sexual contact would be acceptable in any circumstances. The incidental stuff that happens in group sex situations is fine.

over a year ago

"My husband on the other hand is absolutely straight. He is comfortable with naked men but no sexual contact would be acceptable in any circumstances. The incidental stuff that happens in group sex situations is fine. "

How often does this "incidental" stuff happen with your husband?

Joking aside, I think I'd be more comfortable with a bisexual male in a straight MFM just to know that any crossing of swords or friendly fire wouldn't cause an issue, but I guess it doesn't really matter if you're secure in your sexuality and everyone respects boundaries.

By *hisismeXXXMan
over a year ago

Welsh Wales

I consider myself bisexual because I’m happy to play with another male in threesome/group situation and for other males to play with me in that scenario.

I’ve no interest in one to one meets, I certainly don’t want a relationship with a male.

I just like cocks and the freedom in a sexual situation where all involved are relaxed about who puts what where!!

over a year ago

Someone who is attracted to both sexes.

over a year ago

"Has attraction to two or more genders. That’s the definition that was originally used in the 70’s when the LGBTQ (LGB at the time) was formed.

If you’re 50/50 or 99/1 you’re still bisexual

I don't see it as a binary, more of a continuum, so that proportional thing does come into play.

If you have completely hetero at one end and completely homosexual at the other, I'm towards the hetero end of that continuum, but I'm still along there, not completely straight.

I class myself as bi-curious. I have had one same-sex experience and I enjoyed it, but saying that I'm bisexual feels like overstating the case when I'm so predominantly drawn to men. I don't necessarily have an issue with labelling myself bisexual (hard to argue that I'm straight when I've been face down in another woman's muff), but it wouldn't feel an honest representation of my attraction."

Very interesting, I think to be fully bisexual there needs to be attraction (like if both sexes turn u on) and potentially action that is carried on through time. Like as you said, because you had one sexual contact with another woman once, the Bisexual label wouldn’t fit you (tho you don’t care about it either way)

It totally makes sense

Sexuality is definitely such a vast subject, but that’s why it definitely falls on a sort of spectrum with some indicators/marks along the way of it

over a year ago

Bisexual meaning is to be sexually attracted to both men and women. Wanting a relationship with either sex does not come into it. There are plenty of straight people who do not want to be in a relationship. The clue is in the name bi sexual

Post new Message to Thread